Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:26:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin?  (Read 202112 times)
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 06:46:09 AM

it is ponzi matter.
people starts to stop believing bitcoin because they were scammed via bitcoin which could be easily prevented. Huh
if you are smart enough then you are safe from them.

That are just one story of so many people that have been stopping people from using bitcoin. Gambling, media making it bad and a lot more  that the government does just to make people think that it is not good.
dhimasnk

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:57:54 AM

perhaps because bitcoin prices are very volatile, people become worried, especially when prices plummeted

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
Yaminat

Activity: 537
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:52:40 AM

nothign is stopping me. I love using bitcoins Smiley))

But does not aware of bitcoins, Once bitcoin reaches to all common people It will come and arise to the all category people. Still so many people near my location they don’t know what is it. When I explain about that. They didn’t believe as well. We should solve these things

I also think the ignorance of bitcoin stops people from using bitcoin. Not many people know about bitcoin or the benefit of bitcoin.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:11:10 AM

nothign is stopping me. I love using bitcoins Smiley))

But does not aware of bitcoins, Once bitcoin reaches to all common people It will come and arise to the all category people. Still so many people near my location they don’t know what is it. When I explain about that. They didn’t believe as well. We should solve these things

I also think the ignorance of bitcoin stops people from using bitcoin. Not many people know about bitcoin or the benefit of bitcoin.

It mostly is ignorance, yes. Laziness plays also a big part here. Some people do know Bitcoin, but they just don't want to do some research about it. It not hard at all to learn about the basic things of Bitcoin. For the average Joe there is no need to go in depth. I think that the biggest hassle is the signup and verification process on Bitcoin exchanges and setting up a wallet that must sync the entire Blockchain.
jethrorn99

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:49:35 AM

1) There's a lot of people out there that doesn't know bitcoin, soo the information about bitcoin is lacking.

2) People tend to find using bitcoin harder than using fiats.

3) Fiats is still commonly used everywhere than bitcoin, people tend to use the common one rather than the one that's less used.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:38:41 AM

Can you please let me know how using Bitcoin is harder than fiat???
In fact, there are many apps that are being developed even for fiat currencies nowadays in regards to Bitcoins which are easy to use and sent in one go...
Also, you can do everything anonymously without leaking any of your information to anyone...

andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:44:14 AM

Id say that the principal reason is that many bought till btc got to 1000+ and didnt sold in the way down, probably got out with a loss and quit, id also say the high rate of scams and the silkroad fucked by the fbi was a big factor. I also believe gamblers kinda lost what they afforded to lose, bitcoin needs promotion people needs to know about it.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:38:58 PM

In fact, there are many apps that are being developed even for fiat currencies nowadays in regards to Bitcoins which are easy to use and sent in one go...
Also, you can do everything anonymously without leaking any of your information to anyone...

Do you really need to ask? Because 999 out of every 1000 people don't have any Bitcoin, so to use Bitcoin they first have to acquire some. 
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 06:28:32 AM

1) There's a lot of people out there that doesn't know bitcoin, soo the information about bitcoin is lacking.

3) Fiats is still commonly used everywhere than bitcoin, people tend to use the common one rather than the one that's less used.

Number 1 is entirely correct. number 2 is like the continuation of number 1. And lastly for number 3 correct also. People tend to use what they have physically. They dont want something that they cant hold on to.
blunderer

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:57:33 PM

it is ponzi matter.
people starts to stop believing bitcoin because they were scammed via bitcoin which could be easily prevented. Huh
if you are smart enough then you are safe from them.

Ppl are being scammed for fiat as well all the time. Its not like bitcoin is an exception from scammers.

Right. Roughly the same number of people are getting scammed in fiat & bitcoin.
Caveats:
-Roughly 7 BILLION more people use fiat.
-When they get scammed while using CC, they can charge back.
 Smiley
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:02:50 PM

I don't think using bitcoin is hard, but I can see why some people find it difficult to understand
how bitcoin works exactly.
It's something they can't see and can't physically are able to hold.
It just takes time for people to used to bitcoin really.

Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:18:27 PM

I don't think using bitcoin is hard, but I can see why some people find it difficult to understand

Some people are to busy for knowing and using bitcoins is just difficult when you have a job and don't have a lot of free time.
At least is just fun to use aside when you have time with it you can actually earn a couple of bucks.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:29:03 PM

People don't want new things that is the old ones. Is better to tell the young one those are more curious to earn money. And with that we can say that later more and more people will use it.

The problem is that there is no way knowing bitcoin if there is no news about it. I just knew bitcoin thru a friend of mine.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:31:42 PM

Some people are to busy for knowing and using bitcoins is just difficult when you have a job and don't have a lot of free time.
At least is just fun to use aside when you have time with it you can actually earn a couple of bucks.

It's not really that hard to get into.
Using your job as an excuse is just silly.
Loads of people out here got a regular job besides bitcoin
How else would they buy and invest into bitcoin without a job?

nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:35:51 PM

The liquidity of bitcoin is stopping many newbies to get into the markets to buy and invest.
They think this is just a scheme and nothing.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:14:45 PM

The liquidity of bitcoin is stopping many newbies to get into the markets to buy and invest.

well then it's their mentality not the liquidity, bitcoin is there is well known already but simply the majority refuse to use it, for whatever reason

to problem clearl lie in their mentality nothing else, when something is new there is a certain fear, before it is embraced globally
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:15:44 PM

The media isn't helping with this either. The only thing about bitcoin that I have seen so far on television was all negative.
Where they were telling some story that bitcoin was being used for illegal activities such as using it to launder money.
ATguy

Activity: 423

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:36:14 PM

Bitcoin has generally low liquidity because not enought traders, especially LocalBitcoins with such high spreads. Pain to buy especially in high amounts, but good profit for traders especially on high spreads like on LocalBitcoins.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
newcoins1978

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:36:55 PM

The media isn't helping with this either. The only thing about bitcoin that I have seen so far on television was all negative.
Where they were telling some story that bitcoin was being used for illegal activities such as using it to launder money.

That's true
That's pretty much all I've heard in the media and such
There's never a positive thing that you hear about bitcoin without looking it up yourself.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:39:44 PM

I think it's because they either heard something negative about bitcoin
or they find it hard to understand how bitcoin works and they would rather stick with whatever they are used to.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: