Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:13:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin?  (Read 202106 times)
baazju

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 12:40:16 PM

I've replied a long while ago in this thread and the main issue (besides usability which is completely impossible to comprehend for a common person) is that there's actually no need for Bitcoin to be adopted besides as an investment. What can Bitcoin do better than Paypal or CCs? Absolutely nothing. it is of course a complete unique technology and a new way of thinking just as the internet was in the 90s. But as like that example, it's in its infancy so right now it's not very usable, let's hope it can eventually evolve and make its potential a reality.

Bitcoin can be sent across the world with a tiny fee. Compare that to a CC or PP and Bitcoin much better. You can also transfer a huge amount of money with ease. You can control your own money in your own wallet with out worrying that your CC or PP will freeze the funds. And about a million more things.

Beware of scammers.
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 04:12:43 PM

People are too used to just using fiat to pay for things. They really have no reason to change to Bitcoin. I love Bitcoin though.

Yes many people are stubborn with their known things. They usually fear to test/adopt new things. But time will move them towards bitcoin. It will be kind of 'adopt or loose' options to all of us.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 04:48:35 PM

People are too used to just using fiat to pay for things. They really have no reason to change to Bitcoin. I love Bitcoin though.

Yes many people are stubborn with their known things. They usually fear to test/adopt new things. But time will move them towards bitcoin. It will be kind of 'adopt or loose' options to all of us.

Yes, being orthodox will not be possible with technology evolution. Like computers, internet and mobile phones, bitcoin also will reach all the people of the world regardless of their literature, nationality, age or gender. I guess all the barriers which are stopping people from using bitcoin will get fade away in technology evolution.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 04:55:20 PM

They are probably scared because its not "backed up" by anything.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:50:39 PM

Bitcoin is still very complicated to use for 99,9% of the people. Most users using Bitcoin are techy in any way.
Just need to explain what Bitcoin is to your grandmother and you will see why so many people stopping from using
I wish I could say that I am specifically techy, but I am truly only good at navigating a computer with rough instruction to work off of. Basic things like search my PC for various settings or applications, and modifying them, is fairly easy though. Wallets are fairly easy to work with however, so I'm not sure why that would be a confusing aspect of it.

I personally think most people don't use it because it gives them no benefit, and they view it merely as an extension of the financial system or a niche currency. They don't want to use it because it gives them nothing in return, in their eyes.
makingwin1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 06:09:43 PM

nothing stops only they are stopping themselves because they honestly think that bitcoins are used only to make bad stuff and perform illegal actions such as buying drugs or something like that
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 06:44:44 PM

I've replied a long while ago in this thread and the main issue (besides usability which is completely impossible to comprehend for a common person) is that there's actually no need for Bitcoin to be adopted besides as an investment. What can Bitcoin do better than Paypal or CCs? Absolutely nothing. it is of course a complete unique technology and a new way of thinking just as the internet was in the 90s. But as like that example, it's in its infancy so right now it's not very usable, let's hope it can eventually evolve and make its potential a reality.

Bitcoin is better than PayPal as it cannot be charged back nor does it charge as much fee as PayPal. Also, many users pay more than the market rates while exchanging for WU or Money gram. There are bitcoin debit cards as well but the main issue with bitcoins is that the price is not stable and hence it is not used by users as another mode of currency.

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 06:53:23 PM

Bitcoin is still very complicated to use for 99,9% of the people. Most users using Bitcoin are techy in any way.
Just need to explain what Bitcoin is to your grandmother and you will see why so many people stopping from using

It's not true. Many users who do use bitcoins on this forum are students in school and they are just interested in mining bitcoins but are still learning about it. The basics of bitcoins as simple as bank accounts to get started with bitcoins. So, this is not a stopping for many new people into bitcoin ecosystem.
a7mos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 07:00:47 PM

It's not true. Many users who do use bitcoins on this forum are students in school and they are just interested in mining bitcoins but are still learning about it. The basics of bitcoins as simple as bank accounts to get started with bitcoins. So, this is not a stopping for many new people into bitcoin ecosystem.

I can not deny that bitcoin is kind of complicated to be understood for newbies, but this is because who explain bitcoin for them are geeks and they use some tech terms so people feel it is very difficult to understand this currency although there are many user friendly wallets that are really suitable for those newbie
Tavos

Activity: 140

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 07:35:14 PM

It is kinda hard to obtain, and not a lot of places accept bitcoin right now. More stores are adopting it, but still a lot of places that dont accept it.

rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 07:39:22 PM

It does not require one to be a Master in Computers or tech-savvy but I do agree that many users who don't want to adopt bitcoins find it too complicated to understand. A proper guide to them will get them a chance to use bitcoins.
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 07:46:12 PM

It does not require one to be a Master in Computers or tech-savvy but I do agree that many users who don't want to adopt bitcoins find it too complicated to understand. A proper guide to them will get them a chance to use bitcoins.
I think this people will not even start with using bitcoins.
Yaminat

Activity: 537

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 09:06:50 PM

I think this people will not even start with using bitcoins.

I am using bitcoin when I buy thing and the retailer accepts bitcoin. This gives the retailer some revenue and encourage them to use bitcoin.

delliaerd

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 09:22:56 PM

It is kinda hard to obtain, and not a lot of places accept bitcoin right now. More stores are adopting it, but still a lot of places that dont accept it.

I can't agree with you, i think how a little store which won't accept bitcoin is not tha main factor. We can exchange our bitcoin before buying something.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 10:09:13 PM

I can not deny that bitcoin is kind of complicated to be understood for newbies, but this is because who explain bitcoin for them are geeks and they use some tech terms so people feel it is very difficult to understand this currency although there are many user friendly wallets that are really suitable for those newbie

Every Wozniak needs a Jobs.

Many here keep denying that it's difficult to use. That's a fact but what it's worse is that there's actually no problem to solve. Bitcoin doesn't do anything better than Paypal or CCs. Common people don't need Bitcoin in their lives unless they want to invest long term. People here mentioning Paypal is refundable as if was a disadvantage? you think that's a con for common folks?  Do you think my mother wants to use Bitcoin (which is non-refundable) so the minute she makes a mistake she will lose all her money? Really? Because she will make that mistake sooner or later I guarantee you, there are decimals, authorization keys, brain wallets, address as long as long as line of code, qr codes, and you think being non-refundable is a plus?

I think Bitcoin is a unique technology don't get me wrong but is in its infancy just as the internet was in the early 90s, it's still just for curious and tech savvy people. In this case it also attracts investors and traders.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 04:07:49 AM

Every Wozniak needs a Jobs.

Many here keep denying that it's difficult to use. That's a fact but what it's worse is that there's actually no problem to solve. Bitcoin doesn't do anything better than Paypal or CCs. Common people don't need Bitcoin in their lives unless they want to invest long term. People here mentioning Paypal is refundable as if was a disadvantage? you think that's a con for common folks?  Do you think my mother wants to use Bitcoin (which is non-refundable) so the minute she makes a mistake she will lose all her money? Really? Because she will make that mistake sooner or later I guarantee you, there are decimals, authorization keys, brain wallets, address as long as long as line of code, qr codes, and you think being non-refundable is a plus?

I think Bitcoin is a unique technology don't get me wrong but is in its infancy just as the internet was in the early 90s, it's still just for curious and tech savvy people. In this case it also attracts investors and traders.

That is just the side of customers though. but for merchants/sellers paypal isn't what they call "refundable". sellers lose the product and money when a buyer filed a dispute, that's a fact.
Bitcoin is just an option for the people though. I can see there are more paypal users in face I use paypal still.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
walwus

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 04:15:19 AM

I find that it's just not that convenient to obtain. People would rather use fiat than to jump through various hoops (and paying fees) just to get bitcoin in the first place. This is coming from my own experiences in Australia though. It seems much easier in the US.
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 04:56:32 AM

nothing can stop the use of bitcoin. anything that way. even the use bitcoin will continue to have a good prosfek.
kevin go

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 05:35:17 AM

anway what for we stop people using bitcoin?they can buy a thing or sell, do transaction, invest and gambling or do whatever they want with bitcoin
so nothing way to stop them using bitcoin..bitcoin gave them a big function..
michnelli6

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:03:09 AM

I think the scammers are making newbies not using BTC and also I think who are using btc will keep using
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: