Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:13:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin?  (Read 202106 times)
AMR008

Activity: 260
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 03:24:23 PM

i think because of lack of knowledge of bitcoin and its price fluctation Smiley
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 03:39:14 PM

Who knows what is in people's heads..
Today bitcoin is awesome and tomorrow could be forgoten.
If we find better opportunity? Do you remeber Myspace and Facebook story?
delliaerd

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:40:21 PM

Well its getting bigger everyday so that's not the problem.
The only thing is that the news say bitcoin got a lot of scammers.

Yeah you are right user of bitcoin gaining up everyday, so you feel no problem if some person get stopped to used bitcoin anymore. But will be better , nothing people who leaves bitcoin for little problem. Hmm.. however it is depends everyone self.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

OSAC5CO

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 08:49:42 PM

Stop and imagine you need to pay someone say $2000 that painted your house or performed another service.

And you wanted to pay them in BTC

And they heard of BTC and have no problem with the concept but never used it before

When you realize what you have to do - the explaining, the convincing, the handhold, how much time it takes you get them onboard and how much time it takes them to go through the process and have it converted to fiat in there hands.....

Until this is streamlined......

blunderer

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 11:26:25 AM

Stop and imagine you need to pay someone say $2000 that painted your house or performed another service.

And they heard of BTC and have no problem with the concept but never used it before

When you realize what you have to do - the explaining, the convincing, the handhold, how much time it takes you get them onboard and how much time it takes them to go through the process and have it converted to fiat in there hands.....

Good point. Not everyone wants to be her own bank, just like not everyone wants to be her own brain surgeon. Because time-consuming, nontrivial tasks.
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 01:17:33 PM

So after reading this article and especially the ending:

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

I'm wondering what's stopping people from using bitcoin?

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?

i think the most important factor is local government's policies. on the other, lack of knowledge dont let bitcoin spread to the world.. bitcoin must clear its name from bad gossips..
kartaggen

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 02:07:55 PM

i think because of lack of knowledge of bitcoin and its price fluctation Smiley

Lack of knowledge is the primary reason for people not getting into bitcoins, but if they are made aware of bitcoins in proper way then surely there would be a increase in customer base of bitcoins in future, they need to be educated regarding bitcoins.
blunderer

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 02:09:39 PM

People don't like gulags...

OSAC5CO

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 05:30:08 PM

Good point. Not everyone wants to be her own bank, just like not everyone wants to be her own brain surgeon. Because time-consuming, nontrivial tasks.

The good news is that the process is being streamlined. When I can tell this person to register for an ATM online, got to the convenience store and
withdraw the cash then things will get moving.
Mitchow

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 08:51:49 PM

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?

i think the most important factor is local government's policies. on the other, lack of knowledge dont let bitcoin spread to the world.. bitcoin must clear its name from bad gossips..

That's true, if the Governments come in support of bitcoins, then it would change the scenario drastically, as if the Governments will support bitcoins, people would start having faith in bitcoins, and would surely start investing into bitcoins.
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 04:00:55 AM

That's true, if the Governments come in support of bitcoins, then it would change the scenario drastically, as if the Governments will support bitcoins, people would start having faith in bitcoins, and would surely start investing into bitcoins.

Governments nor banks will never support Bitcoin. Simply because they have no control over it. They cant print it when ever they want, nor they can lend bitcoins to ppl or business if they dont have it, like with fiat.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2977

:( My PC broke due trying to recover an old wallet

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 05:35:16 AM

I do not think you have to stop people to start using Bitcoin.
Because I just think Bitcoin is worth more correct. And that can get more people later profits.
Someone say that bitcoin is scam because they got scam many times after they gain and earn in faucet they invest it in investment site. So they stop using bitcoins because  they are just wasting their time. so i think the problem is ponzi schem thats why some people stop using it because they are got scam from ponzi scheme sites..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
JAyThaRevo

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:09:57 PM

I think lack of knowledge related to latest technology is stopping people from using bitcoins, and the other reason is bitcoin is not that popular in many countries and that is the reason people are not adopting bitcoin as a currency or a payment system.
vrm86

Activity: 676

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:53:16 PM

I think lack of knowledge related to latest technology is stopping people from using bitcoins, and the other reason is bitcoin is not that popular in many countries and that is the reason people are not adopting bitcoin as a currency or a payment system.

Not only technology knowledge, but the overall change in thinking about money is required. For many people, BTC is like some tricky thing from the internet, thus it can't be treated seriously, as well as many other "computer, virtual" things.
kyrios_

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 04:03:55 PM

Not only technology knowledge, but the overall change in thinking about money is required. For many people, BTC is like some tricky thing from the internet, thus it can't be treated seriously, as well as many other "computer, virtual" things.

Yeah, this leads to major trust issues. Additionally, bad press on how btc is used for illegal things. I know some people who are scared of using bitcoin in fear of getting into trouble with the police
heldertb

Activity: 242

Blockchain-based Financial Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 11:16:01 PM

yes many people are stopping from using  bitcoin so every time bitcoin price increase and dicrease when you see 2015 bitcoin price so many different but all people are only want profit

█▮▬█▀▀▀ YouHodler.com ▀▀▀█▬▮█
Keep Crypto. Get Cash
   Cool█▮ The highest Loan-to-Value ratio ▮ No minimum monthly payments and no hidden fees ▮ Major cryptocurrencies as collateral ▮█   Cool
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:36:37 AM

The main reason behind stopping people from using bitcoin is that they have never heard about bitcoins and that goes to developing countries and the third world countries, where they are totally dependent on banking system and are not ready to accept the change or innovative things.
it does not matter. they will understand about bitcoin in accordance with the passage of time. bitcoin currency will grow into big, and everyone inevitably. must use and learn about bitcoin
Rude Boy

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 12:48:49 AM

The main reason behind stopping people from using bitcoin is that they have never heard about bitcoins and that goes to developing countries and the third world countries, where they are totally dependent on banking system and are not ready to accept the change or innovative things.
it does not matter. they will understand about bitcoin in accordance with the passage of time. bitcoin currency will grow into big, and everyone inevitably. must use and learn about bitcoin
I don't hope people will understand about bitcoin after my experience to explain about bitcoin to 2 of my friends and 4 of my relatives. Because, after i explained them about bitcoin, they didn't even message me and also telling me that 'i don't have much time to interact with bitcoin' when i asked them.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 09:36:20 AM

I guess that is not so.
 Because I think people are going to use it right more later because they are going to see what you all can join.
The value is clear, I think gradually rise in the coming time.
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 10:33:59 AM

Sometimes i'm wondering, right now everyone with internet connection can use Bitcoin if they want< what is stopping them? They first must buy it!
Price fluctuations and fear! probably!
I have heard multiple times in medias "hacker Satoshi Nakamoto"..

You can rent this space
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: