Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:12:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin?  (Read 202108 times)
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 07:53:42 AM

I realised bitcoin may seem hard to be understood by new users. Besides that there is need for more physical services to use bitcoin.
you're right, then from it before using bitcoin, we have to understand first of all about bitcoin, because if you plunge into the world of coins, it would be a lot of coins that have sprung up in addition bitcoin and it will make some people stop to use and learn about bitcoin

i doubt if the understanding bitcoin is the main issue in here.

nowadays it is super easy to use bitcoin with all the different services, payment processors and easy wallets like coinbase, circle, bitpay, xapo,... they are all making bitcoin as easy as possible.

the problem is the price and places to use bitcoin which scares people away.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
lrdeoliveira

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 07:56:31 AM

1. Bitcoin price dropped , dropped and dropped
2. People starts thinking bitcoin is a commodity not money
3. Hard to mined
4. Noone accept bitcoin (Bitcoin merchants is not available anymore)

i would like to add to this list also the fees that you have to pay to exchange bitcoin from fiat
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 08:25:23 AM

1. Bitcoin price dropped , dropped and dropped
2. People starts thinking bitcoin is a commodity not money
3. Hard to mined
4. Noone accept bitcoin (Bitcoin merchants is not available anymore)
In europe BTC is a currency, if you use it as currency you dont have to care about mining. I dont see the none accept bitcoin thing as real, it may be hard to find off line but its possible, exactly what i said before if people started accepting in in their bussiness it would be different.
you're right, then from it before using bitcoin, we have to understand first of all about bitcoin, because if you plunge into the world of coins, it would be a lot of coins that have sprung up in addition bitcoin and it will make some people stop to use and learn about bitcoin
Heh i didnt thinked about that, but after you understand btc its easy, they all kinda the same, you kinda right tough.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 08:27:34 AM

mainly? price is not rising..

and sure, it is still quite hard to use, complex, slow...there is really not point to use bitcoin these days, except you are tech savvy guy or buying drugs over internet..
andulolika
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 01:34:37 PM

and sure, it is still quite hard to use, complex, slow...there is really not point to use bitcoin these days, except you are tech savvy guy or buying drugs over internet..
You say it in a way that people wont use bitcoin unless it keeps rising, yet we all remember few months ago it went under 200 and since then it doubled. Slow? Its still faster than any bank you may use and it will adapt to faster confirmations.
And no point to use bitcoin? Not using bitcoin feels like being the whore of your government/bank.

⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
rio3233

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 01:41:59 PM

I agree with you about price is not rising. but it's more worse if the price keep decrease and going down like last year bitcoin price down to $150+. and it's make people stop using bitcoin.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 01:52:44 PM

I agree with you about price is not rising. but it's more worse if the price keep decrease and going down like last year bitcoin price down to $150+. and it's make people stop using bitcoin.

i agree. i remember a couple of years ago when bitcoin price was going up from $700-$800 and finally $1000-$1200 and everywhere you looked was talking about bitcoin worth $10K everybody was so curious to use bitcoin, buy an hold but the lower the price went the more people went away.

--looking for signature--
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 02:27:46 PM

or buying stuff on purseio with a very good discount, so yes there is a point in using bitcoin, much more than using fiat if anything
blunderer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 07:18:25 PM

or buying stuff on purseio with a very good discount, so yes there is a point in using bitcoin, much more than using fiat if anything

Please understand that Purse.io is simply exploiting a loophole, "committing a crime against which no laws have been passed."
But if you really think that people are buying your BTC with their credit cards at as much as 60% above market, I got nothing.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 07:43:48 PM

Please understand that Purse.io is simply exploiting a loophole, "committing a crime against which no laws have been passed."
But if you really think that people are buying your BTC with their credit cards at as much as 60% above market, I got nothing.

it's not 60%, it's like 15%, they specualte with their own money on bitcoin itself, o i see no crime here

it's not so different tha buying high on purpose on the market to increase the demand even farther
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:09:35 PM

Some people just watch from th outside and create a negative statements.
People who were not experienced using bitcoin also believe things said
by those useless and fear to get involved into the bitcoin community.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
blunderer

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:13:27 PM

Wait, are you talking about this?

I agree with you about price is not rising, but "hard to use, comples , slow " What can make it difficult to use bitcoin ? and I think it is more difficult to use bitcoin than paypal. And slow ? send bitcoin from Asia to America just in 2 sec or less. Cheesy

If you already own BTC, and if the person you wish to transact with accepts BTC, but those are pretty hefty ifs.
Buying BTC requires sending a bunch of personal info to some shady exchange (which may disappear/get h4xx0red), and keeping IRL money there, waiting for a good buy opportunity.

Yes, you may bypass this intrusive procedure by setting up IRL "meetup" (usually in some poorly-lit, rat-infested dead-end alley, behind the dumpster, for "security reasons"), but this can easily turn into a rape/robbery,

Of course, there's also the "why would I wanna go through all this trouble just to avoid buyer protection/cash back/perks/free loan, for up to a year, from some legacy credit card company?" question, but that's just trolling...
andulolika
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:41:27 PM

Wait, are you talking about this?

I agree with you about price is not rising, but "hard to use, comples , slow " What can make it difficult to use bitcoin ? and I think it is more difficult to use bitcoin than paypal. And slow ? send bitcoin from Asia to America just in 2 sec or less. Cheesy

If you already own BTC, and if the person you wish to transact with accepts BTC, but those are pretty hefty ifs.
Buying BTC requires sending a bunch of personal info to some shady exchange (which may disappear/get h4xx0red), and keeping IRL money there, waiting for a good buy opportunity.

Yes, you may bypass this intrusive procedure by setting up IRL "meetup" (usually in some poorly-lit, rat-infested dead-end alley, behind the dumpster, for "security reasons"), but this can easily turn into a rape/robbery,

Of course, there's also the "why would I wanna go through all this trouble just to avoid buyer protection/cash back/perks/free loan, for up to a year, from some legacy credit card company?" question, but that's just trolling...
What if localbitcoins? Besides, why meeting in a shady place is considered safer?

blunderer

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 10:48:00 PM

... why meeting in a shady place is considered safer?
Because robing & raping you in a "poorly-lit, rat-infested dead-end alley, behind the dumpster" *is* safer.
angryrob

Activity: 287

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 04:29:46 PM

Price fluctuation can be the most important reason for people not using bitcoins, as the price of bitcoin is too volatile that makes newbie to think twice before investing the money into it, and other reason is lack of knowledge of bitcoins.
DOGE12321

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:39:17 AM

there isnt really a definite answer for that. it depends on the person. Each person is different.Everyone would have their own limitations. one of the main reasons would be that most of our senior population have no idea of as to what Bitcoin is.

however, this doesnt mean that i dont support everyone using bitcoin. i do recommend bitcoin now in our modern world. Now at least. Smiley Smiley Smiley
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:44:36 AM

there isnt really a definite answer for that. it depends on the person. Each person is different.Everyone would have their own limitations. one of the main reasons would be that most of our senior population have no idea of as to what Bitcoin is.

however, this doesnt mean that i dont support everyone using bitcoin. i do recommend bitcoin now in our modern world. Now at least. Smiley Smiley Smiley

There may not be a definite answer, but there sure is a few main points -

Illegal trade: bitcoin is notorious for its anonymity, and how much black-market traders love to keep that. Regular people like you and me don't want to be affiliated with them, and don't use bitcoin

Attachment to fiat: exactly as dumb as it sounds.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:16:49 AM

Price fluctuation can be the most important reason for people not using bitcoins, as the price of bitcoin is too volatile that makes newbie to think twice before investing the money into it, and other reason is lack of knowledge of bitcoins.
after someone joins bitcoin supposed he must know what risks he would face. such as fluctuation of bitcoin. after he knew that, I'm sure he would not stop using bitcoin when the price falls
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:54:18 AM

I think the price decline would be devastating for most people, you can see. when the price reduction. many people who sell their bitcoin, I'm sure if prices fell 90%. many people will stop using bitcoin
23dzmaz

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:59:42 AM

when bitcoin have no price or the bitcoin price decrease so down around $100. i'm sure people will stop using bitcoin, because it's like bitcoin is not worth anymore.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: