Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:44:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's stopping people from using bitcoin?  (Read 202106 times)
CryingMidget

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:43:32 PM

I once was exchanging some money from a friend and he said he dont want to take BTC , I was surprised and ask why ? He said because he has no good sites which can provide him his local currency for BTC , then I informed about LBC. So maybe lack of knowledge is stopping people ?

Yeah I would agree with you bro! We should only make them to know about bitcoins. Then only it get spread from their own side...
dhimasnk

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 11:05:01 PM

probably due to the increasing number of fraud so that they are afraid to join in bitcoin

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 11:31:41 PM

Illiteracy is major concern especially in third world countries who don't have knowledge of technology and who hesitate in trying something new.
I thought it was reasonable people are still too stiff to use modern technologies. facebook examples there are still many people who do not use facebook ?
I think it needs a long time so bitcoin can be known by everyone
znickelbackz

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:58:08 AM

Illiteracy is major concern especially in third world countries who don't have knowledge of technology and who hesitate in trying something new.
I thought it was reasonable people are still too stiff to use modern technologies. facebook examples there are still many people who do not use facebook ?
I think it needs a long time so bitcoin can be known by everyone

i thought this thread is for the question about reasons people from using bitcoin to leaving it, stop using bitcoin. it's really different with third world problem, hesitate in trying bitcoin from the very start, or even have no idea about it at all.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 08:39:23 AM

Most people I know think of two things. You can't bank bitcoin anywhere to earn interest and you can't predict the price so people like my Father don't see the logic yet of acquiring bitcoin in the hope that the price will rise or exchange his fiat money to go and buy bitcoin to spend. I think bitcoin is attractive to those who can earn it mainly.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
arwin100

Activity: 2744
Merit: 811

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 09:42:23 AM

Most people I know think of two things. You can't bank bitcoin anywhere to earn interest and you can't predict the price so people like my Father don't see the logic yet of acquiring bitcoin in the hope that the price will rise or exchange his fiat money to go and buy bitcoin to spend. I think bitcoin is attractive to those who can earn it mainly.

Yes they people afraid for staking or investing it causr they dont see more potential of the coin because they dont research more about it maybe they are afraid of losing their hard earn. And for us who earn bitcoin its very easy to us put our money in bitcoin because we know the potential to earn. And i hope they will see the same potential for earnings in bitcoin to.

MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:16:21 AM

I think some people do not even know the bitcoin with its advantages they are thinking its just another currency.
If these people just know it works they will most likely gonna use it because the best advantage the bitcoin has is that you can control your money by yourself if people know this they will like it and use it for sure.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:27:27 AM

Only the rumors which the people are spreading in order to support other currencies and those who want others to sell their coins to them on low price. The other thing is its price going down.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 03:17:23 AM

Only the rumors which the people are spreading in order to support other currencies and those who want others to sell their coins to them on low price. The other thing is its price going down.

Most probably those heresy are the most common thing that hinder people from using bitcoin...They are afraid to try because they were blocked by the thought that something would go wrong with bitcoin in the long run..
arwin100

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 04:41:23 AM

Most probably those heresy are the most common thing that hinder people from using bitcoin...They are afraid to try because they were blocked by the thought that something would go wrong with bitcoin in the long run..

We cant take out the thoughs like that to the other people because where talking money here. But i think halving is have a big big effect on price per btc. And we are hoping that this is good news for bitcoin users and industry so lets see how it cam affect us.

VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 08:00:04 AM

And its price which is going down, also a cause of stopping people from using Bitcoin.
The price fluctuation is not important for the general bitcoin users but is affecting the miners to very large extent and the traders are just utilizing it and will always do.IMO the not very easy to use algorithm of bitcoin or the more amount knowledge required to use than fiat is somewhat a drawback.

sometimes even in a family only one knows about it..  Smiley
It doesn't matters if your or mine family members start using it cause they don't add anything significant to it like stocks ,institutional funds or tech companies could do.
i agree the fluctuation is not important for general bitcoin users,but for layman's... It need to be further considered...

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 08:45:45 AM

I think some people do not even know the bitcoin with its advantages they are thinking its just another currency.
If these people just know it works they will most likely gonna use it because the best advantage the bitcoin has is that you can control your money by yourself if people know this they will like it and use it for sure.

I am sure that if the average human being was knowing that they can store money outside the current banking system, they would definitely look into Bitcoin as investment and store of wealth.

What more can they wish for as banks have been screwing up every bit of trust people had in them.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Aamir1

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:19:57 AM

That could be a valid reason for people to start using bitcoin that they can have control on their money every time, but it will take some time for people to understand all the factors of bitcoin and by then it's price will also be better then now i guess, so there will be no more issues of people stopping using bitcoin.
Sierra8561

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:45:11 AM

It partially boils down to education, people flat out don't understand it. It's different than anything they've ever experienced. Money not issued by a government is something nearly unheard of for most. There needs to be some sort of effort getting bitcoin into retail establishments. It needs to say bitcoin right along with Visa, Mastercard, next to the cash register. Maybe the same approach is needed. A sales force going out and signing up retailers to accept bitcoin and receiving a commission, just like visa salespeople. Hell I'd do it in the town I live in.
Enotche

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:53:02 AM

Lack of awareness of the people, as well as their reluctance to learn about cryptocurrency. People are used to living simply because they live, and anything new they do not need. Or afraid of innovations that disrupt their comfort zone, and they will have to do something.
In addition, the negative attitude of the state to cryptocurrency, and people are accustomed to trust the state.
bakingbad

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 10:49:33 AM

So after reading this article and especially the ending:

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

I'm wondering what's stopping people from using bitcoin?

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?

some people stops using bitcoins because of gambling, they lose lots of money because of gambling and then they be very angry on it

and some don't even start with bitcoin because they think that it is not safe, or they are used to fiat and don't want to change it for now
arwin100

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 11:14:03 AM

One thing is for certain: having made Bitcoin less of a security worry, transparency will now be key in attracting users to new models, placing control of funds and fees in an upfront way in their own hands.

And now I'm talking about people who already aware of bitcoin and how it works but still not using it.

The price is now pretty much stable for more then a year, security issues are out of the question - so why we can't see in 2015 more companies switching to it, especially considering the unstable condition of moden economy?

some people stops using bitcoins because of gambling, they lose lots of money because of gambling and then they be very angry on it

and some don't even start with bitcoin because they think that it is not safe, or they are used to fiat and don't want to change it for now

I think what people stopping using bitcoin ia they have double doubt about it maybe their not educated properly and also maybe they are afraid to stake their hard money because they dont want to be scammed. Other factor for that is theyr not really sure what they are  into.

terman45x

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:56:22 PM

I think what people stopping using bitcoin ia they have double doubt about it maybe their not educated properly and also maybe they are afraid to stake their hard money because they dont want to be scammed. Other factor for that is theyr not really sure what they are  into.

Lack of knowledge is the key factor here for stopping people using bitcoin, as they don't  have any knowledge of it and they hesitate investing their money into it.
co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:18:17 PM

Lack of knowledge is the key factor here for stopping people using bitcoin, as they don't  have any knowledge of it and they hesitate investing their money into it.

Yeah lack of knowledge plus price fluctuations makes people to stay away from bitcoin as if price drops people start believing that bitcoin will not survive for a long time.
Bestwishes745

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 10:38:21 PM

Yes, for more people which stay away from bitcoin is their unawareness, they do not know how it works, If they know about how to use it, how to convest it and how to earn bitcoin, they will readily adopt it and will not go back.
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: