Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:35:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sex Partners Must Say "Yes" Every 10 Minutes, California 10th Graders Taught  (Read 3087 times)
UliJonHoth (OP)

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 06:02:11 PM

The New York Times reports that 10th graders at a high school in California are learning to keep time during any intimate encounters so their encounter doesn’t slip into rape:

Consent from the person you are kissing — or more — is not merely silence or a lack of protest, Shafia Zaloom, a health educator at the Urban School of San Francisco, told the students. They listened with rapt attention, but several did not disguise how puzzled they felt.

“What does that mean — you have to say ‘yes’ every 10 minutes?” asked Aiden Ryan, 15, who sat near the front of the room.

“Pretty much,” Ms. Zaloom answered. “It’s not a timing thing, but whoever initiates things to another level has to ask.”

Well, of course it’s going to turn into a “timing thing” if the choice is between “every 10 minutes” or the wildly-subjective “initiates things to another level.”

This is the new normal in California because of sex-ed changes signed into law by Gov. Jerry Brown this month that require classes to teach affirmative consent, or “yes means yes.”

Everyone’s favorite gadfly on today’s wacky new rules for campus sex, George Washington University Law Prof. John Banzhaf, tells the Times this is not at all helpful:

“The [affirmative consent] standard is not logical — nobody really works that way. The problem with teaching this to high school students is that you are only going to sow more confusion. They are getting mixed messages depending where they go afterward.”

That confusion is evident in Zaloom’s class:

The students did not seem convinced. They sat in groups to brainstorm ways to ask for affirmative consent. They crossed off a list of options: “Can I touch you there?” Too clinical. “Do you want to do this?” Too tentative. “Do you like that?” Not direct enough.

“They’re all really awkward and bizarre,” one girl said.

“Did you come up with any on your own?” Ms. Zaloom asked.

One boy offered up two words: “You good?”

That drew nearly unanimous nods of approval.

And it almost certainly wouldn’t hold up in the typical campus adjudication because an accuser could say that she was just giving robotic answers out of fright, and an accused student will probably be told he misread her nonverbal cues, which overrode her literal words.

Zaloom, by the way, “has written a curriculum for affirmative consent programs that is being used throughout the country,” the Times reports.

Consider getting any California college-bound males in your life a stopwatch for Christmas.

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/24651/
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 06:06:07 PM

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:38:18 PM

The New York Times reports that 10th graders at a high school in California are learning to keep time during any intimate encounters so their encounter doesn’t slip into rape:

Consent from the person you are kissing — or more — is not merely silence or a lack of protest, Shafia Zaloom, a health educator at the Urban School of San Francisco, told the students. They listened with rapt attention, but several did not disguise how puzzled they felt.

“What does that mean — you have to say ‘yes’ every 10 minutes?” asked Aiden Ryan, 15, who sat near the front of the room.

“Pretty much,” Ms. Zaloom answered. “It’s not a timing thing, but whoever initiates things to another level has to ask.”

Well, of course it’s going to turn into a “timing thing” if the choice is between “every 10 minutes” or the wildly-subjective “initiates things to another level.”

This is the new normal in California because of sex-ed changes signed into law by Gov. Jerry Brown this month that require classes to teach affirmative consent, or “yes means yes.”

Everyone’s favorite gadfly on today’s wacky new rules for campus sex, George Washington University Law Prof. John Banzhaf, tells the Times this is not at all helpful:

“The [affirmative consent] standard is not logical — nobody really works that way. The problem with teaching this to high school students is that you are only going to sow more confusion. They are getting mixed messages depending where they go afterward.”

That confusion is evident in Zaloom’s class:

The students did not seem convinced. They sat in groups to brainstorm ways to ask for affirmative consent. They crossed off a list of options: “Can I touch you there?” Too clinical. “Do you want to do this?” Too tentative. “Do you like that?” Not direct enough.

“They’re all really awkward and bizarre,” one girl said.

“Did you come up with any on your own?” Ms. Zaloom asked.

One boy offered up two words: “You good?”

That drew nearly unanimous nods of approval.

And it almost certainly wouldn’t hold up in the typical campus adjudication because an accuser could say that she was just giving robotic answers out of fright, and an accused student will probably be told he misread her nonverbal cues, which overrode her literal words.

Zaloom, by the way, “has written a curriculum for affirmative consent programs that is being used throughout the country,” the Times reports.

Consider getting any California college-bound males in your life a stopwatch for Christmas.

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/24651/

Brave New World.

Next: pedophiles are victims too...

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:46:48 PM

It's chaos. You know there's some people out there who want to form order out of chaos... hmm...
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:53:20 PM

https://youtu.be/bVHYvUpeqKI?list=UU8h-zImKfDO1ssJ7ocOuFMw

christycalhoun

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:54:32 PM

My girlfriend gets annoyed when I say Yes every 30 seconds.

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:13:06 PM

My girlfriend gets annoyed when I say Yes every 30 seconds.

Just say "Yes Amanda!" Then 30 seconds later "Yes Judy!" Then 30 seconds later "Yes err... What's your name again?"...

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:31:29 PM

My girl's always "yes, yes, yes, Yes, Yes,YES! YES! YES!YESSSS!" All night, I think I'm covered.
Trifixion713

Activity: 269

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 09:23:10 PM

Jesus Christ...This is just warped and watching that made my emotions run from wanting to bash that bearded twat's face-in to thinking how that racially ambiguous chick (notice how they do that - and of course the guy is some beta,hipster douchebag) was pretty damn hot to wanting to puke and then thinking yeah, that chick's hot. I actually thought that was a parody at first, but nope...this is quickly becoming our reality.
SerenaL

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 09:36:46 PM

The best way to prevent false rape claims is to avoid those silly drunk girls at the club.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 10:17:36 PM

The best way to prevent false rape claims is to avoid those silly drunk girls at the club.

A woman can call rape, even not drunk, even not at a club, months after sex. She can lie about it.
http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/a-rape-on-campus-what-went-wrong-20150405

That's terrible for real rape victims.

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 11:21:27 PM

You shall not forget the witness (better have 2) and the lawyer to keep up with all those "Yes" and write a legal document where everything will be reported. I guess a video could help too, and you shall keep it at least 50 years after the session.

I'm not sure I've understood everything, though. If I'm raping a woman with the whole thing lasting only 9 and a half minutes, that'll be legal, right?

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 11:36:16 PM

You shall not forget the witness (better have 2) and the lawyer to keep up with all those "Yes" and write a legal document where everything will be reported. I guess a video could help too, and you shall keep it at least 50 years after the session.

I'm not sure I've understood everything, though. If I'm raping a woman with the whole thing lasting only 9 and a half minutes, that'll be legal, right?

Reality VS fiction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urS8GmwmeWQ

Corealz

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 12:07:08 AM

Reality VS fiction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urS8GmwmeWQ

So we should just not have sex with North American/European girls then?  Cry
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 12:14:01 AM

Jesus Christ...This is just warped and watching that made my emotions run from wanting to bash that bearded twat's face-in to thinking how that racially ambiguous chick (notice how they do that - and of course the guy is some beta,hipster douchebag) was pretty damn hot to wanting to puke and then thinking yeah, that chick's hot. I actually thought that was a parody at first, but nope...this is quickly becoming our reality.

It's just fascinating how what was the "liberal," the "Democrat" - has turned, somehow, into fascist puritan control freakology.

Everybody looking at this kind of insanity needs to band together and get Trump into office.   Well, maybe first, look behind the immediate outrage to the way this insanity was carefully cultivated, and promulgated by Obama and his lackeys.

And it was.  Don't just take my word for it, look into it.
pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 02:44:31 AM

No implied yes?
What if my girl just doesn't say "No"?
She doesn't like me yapping away.  Tongue
Corealz

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 03:13:56 AM

No implied yes?
Yell yes to her face until she submits.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 04:20:17 AM

No implied yes?
Yell yes to her face until she submits.

Now I'm confused.

Are they just all being trained to say "Yes" over and over?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:15:48 AM

The state should stay out of peoples' personal lives and especially their sex life. It seems to me that in certain countries (especially in the United States, Canada.etc), the government want their citizens to live under 24*7 observation, with a required amount of political correctness and brainwashing media poison injected to their brains every day at short intervals.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 11:11:54 AM

What next? Sex tax? The government is focusing on and implementing useless laws and whatnot. Aside from the people involved in the act, nobody can really know if someone said yes every 10 minutes. What happens if she doesn't and we hit the 11th minute mark? That means that she is being raped?  Roll Eyes

The state should stay out of peoples' personal lives and especially their sex life. It seems to me that in certain countries (especially in the United States, Canada.etc), the government want their citizens to live under 24*7 observation, with a required amount of political correctness and brainwashing media poison injected to their brains every day at short intervals.
It certainly seems like it. The question is what are they preparing their citizens for?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: