Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:50:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Bitcoin's logo color be gold, and not orange?  (Read 4571 times)
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 07:07:30 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2015, 08:29:00 AM by codishmumu

So I was sitting in my room knitting a sweater, but then I realized my crotchet needle wasn't long enough to make a full sweater, so I made a muffler scarf.

I want to embroider the symbol on my scarf in gold without the background circle. My proposal will entice more people to be a part of this currency if we occupy a color that exudes power, dominance, wealth, leisure and success. Sometimes the right color sells a product. At the moment, I cannot find gold yarn anymore in stores, so I made a Bitcoin charm. I'll be attaching them to my scarves.

Some users are already on board on the color changing to gold. You can see their commentary here in this thread. I just chose to put it front and center.

In a marketing class last year, we had a big unit about logos and branding. The coloring of a logo is actually extremely important, because colors invoke a subconscious response from the viewer. Having gold as the color for Bitcoin logo would imply wealth and power to those who view it, which is much stronger and more serious than what is perceived by orange.

Your thoughts?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 07:13:52 PM

no, orange is great.

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 07:16:32 PM

no, orange is great.
It is great, but don't you think gold is greater?

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 07:17:24 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2015, 07:38:17 PM by --Encrypted--

some uses a gold themed logo. (see this. top left.)

incidentally, satoshi created used (not 100% sure about "created") that gold logo...

edit:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64.msg504#msg504
wonder what was on that post.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 07:20:01 PM

some uses a gold themed logo. (see this. top left.)

incidentally, satoshi created that gold logo...

Well then! We need to occupy the gold version more if we want the right people investing in bitcoin. If we use gold, we could get Kanye West and Kim Kardashian using bitcoin!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 07:31:32 PM

Well this is highly subjective. We should not be changing it IMO. Besides, some are going to say that orange looks better and to some gold looks better. As far as I'm concerned, we should leave it how it is.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 07:57:31 PM

Well this is highly subjective. We should not be changing it IMO. Besides, some are going to say that orange looks better and to some gold looks better. As far as I'm concerned, we should leave it how it is.
As far as I am concerned, it's already changed. It's about what color reflects bitcoin. Not what color looks "good". I am trained in these matters. Gold is more suitable for the concept of bitcoin.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:14:19 PM

As far as I am concerned, it's already changed. It's about what color reflects bitcoin. Not what color looks "good". I am trained in these matters. Gold is more suitable for the concept of bitcoin.
But bitcoin is not "gold". I think the orange differentiates this.
I don't think celebrities such as West even think about it, unless they can make a profit off of it's high profile and success.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:16:06 PM

But bitcoin is not "gold". I think the orange differentiates this.
I don't think celebrities such as West even think about it, unless they can make a profit off of it's high profile and success.
They will when they see the potential. Gold will grab the attention.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:17:10 PM

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:20:21 PM

current logo is perfectly fine right now and in the future. don't fix things that aren't broken. it's a basic rule. the logo right now is well known and established.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:21:22 PM

no, orange is great.

If you like it to be gold,make it gold.There's no accounting for taste.Everyone has his own choice and taste.You will get many orange and gold replies and it will confuse you more.You better go with your own preference

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:31:01 PM

no, orange is great.

If you like it to be gold,make it gold.There's no accounting for taste.Everyone has his own choice and taste.You will get many orange and gold replies and it will confuse you more.You better go with your own preference
I will, I will.

There should be a taste for accounting. I am just doing what I think is right. We need something more enticing to motivate people to use our currency, and...this is probably the first step. Changing that color.
mirana12345

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:33:46 PM

When you talk about main bitcoin logo, you're talking about years of branding, and changing something like the color of the logo isn't something that i would advise.
Users are free to create or use any logo they want for bitcoin, but i think official one should remain the same.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:43:21 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2015, 07:59:36 AM by codishmumu

When you talk about main bitcoin logo, you're talking about years of branding, and changing something like the color of the logo isn't something that i would advise.
Users are free to create or use any logo they want for bitcoin, but i think official one should remain the same.
Fine, but I know what I'm doing here. Bitcoin is six years old and the value of one coin keeps dropping and jumping. It is aggravating to watch. With a more luxurious and enticing logo and broad effective advertising platforms, this currency would have at least 1,000 dollars standing for one single coin. The actual value of the currency is important, but the look is what sells it.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4487

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:58:56 PM

if you want to start a business, wallet, service, website or sell products with a gold bitcoin logo..

go ahead, no one is stopping you

there is no copyright issues in regards to it having to be orange.. so let your imagination run wild and design something good.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:08:49 PM

if you want to start a business, wallet, service, website or sell products with a gold bitcoin logo..

there is no copyright issues in regards to it having to be orange.. so let your imagination run wild and design something good.
But I want us all to be on board with one decision. Everyone is just saying orange is fine because they aren't fashion designers. I understand that bitcointalk is aimed at people more tech savvy which I am not. I don't know what a torrent is. I don't know what my phone model is. I didn't even know what bitcoins were until somebody had to explain it to me.

But I do know fashion and psychology. This is what we need. The gold will properly propel us into better positions by enticing the correct people to invest in our currency. When I saw the logo, it looked like a logo for a video game or a website. Not a currency.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:12:22 PM

But I want us all to be on board with one decision. Everyone is just saying orange is fine because they aren't fashion designers. I understand that bitcointalk is aimed at people more tech savvy which I am not. I don't know what a torrent is. I don't know what my phone model is. I didn't even know what bitcoins were until somebody had to explain it to me.

But I do know fashion and psychology. This is what we need. The gold will properly propel us into better positions by enticing the correct people to invest in our currency. When I saw the logo, it looked like a logo for a video game or a website. Not a currency.

then stop typing.. open a grphics package and make some designs.. post the designs, ask peoples opinions and if everyone likes it or you see a nice load of replies.. then you can sibmit it to the many bitcoin websites that use the orange logo and get them to replace the image for a gold one.

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:16:52 PM

then stop typing.. open a grphics package and make some designs.. post the designs, ask peoples opinions and if everyone likes it or you see a nice load of replies.. then you can sibmit it to the many bitcoin websites that use the orange logo and get them to replace the image for a gold one.
But a gold logo has already been created.

I'm saying we should use this one...

Instead of this one.

The second one honestly looks like a drawing for video game money. The first one is perfect color. I just want the circle taken out so we can focus on the actual symbol for the fact that it looks like a dollar sign, and I'd be on board to replicate it in handmade fashion merchandise.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 09:20:26 PM

nah that gold one seems too old.

try something new

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: