Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:17:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 [762] 763 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Iota-Disciple

Activity: 11
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 05:07:16 PM
Merited by tyz (3)

Just to remember to this post. Check my signature...

I see a similarity between Tangle and the human race (or mostly animal or living species): every child has a father and a mother. In the Tangle every transaction checks two earlier transaction. Or?

https://i.imgur.com/em13wp6.png

I think, later we need Darwin really to analyze the Tangle - how was "new species" born.
"new species" = many many new economical communities, they don't wish to mix with others, because i.e. they has already conflict of interest with other economies on the Tangle......
Are you wish a such economical environment later for our human race? Smiley

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8f/Edward_Hitchcock_Paleontological_Chart.jpg
Do you really compare Darwin with the a DAG. Sounds like a little bit awkward.
In the current IOTA implementation, nodes only trust (value) transactions referenced and approved by milestones issued by the coordinator.
Similar to Bitcoin, where checkpoints were used until 16.06.2014, the use of this centralized "finality device" is currently still necessary to ensure the security of the network, which is in its infancy.
Maybe you should aware of the fact, that until end this year the concept "In the Tangle every transaction checks two earlier transaction" will be gone. So, no more Darwin...Wink
At this Point, consensus, will be defined by, (FPC) "Fast Probalistic Consensus".

What is FPC?

In fancy terms, the FPC is a leaderless probabilistic binary consensus protocol of low communicative complexity that is robust in a Byzantine infrastructure.
Let us see what all these terms really mean, and first introduce a lighter version of FPC that is easy to implement and contains most of the important features.
We assume that there are n nodes indexed 1,2,..., n in the network . Each node i has an opinion or state. We denote s_i (t) for the opinion of node i at time t. Opinions take value in {0,1} ; for this reason we speak of a binary consensus.

The basic idea is majority voting. In each round, each node queries k random nodes and sets its opinion to the majority of the queried nodes. It's that simple! However, this simple majority voting proves vulnerable to faulty nodes and malicious attackers. It needs an additional ingredient, in fact an additional randomness, to make it robust.

More precisely, at each step, each node selects k random nodes C_i , queries their opinions, and computes the median opinion:

I compare IOTA to Darwin - the LIFE working since some years on our globe... >;DO=
I think in my post, the TANGLE will be forked later, and it will have always a leader (!!!!!) in this leaderless consensus protocol ... as in the LIFE we taste it.

Just some question.

1.) Are this algo' solved already an attack with small transactions? i.e. if some hundred, thousand nodes producing only 1 IOTA (!!!) for random addresses, and later try it to use again?
It was a question of me targeted CfB (sorry BCNext on reddit, but he / she dleted that acc after the conversation ... ... ...) on early 2017 ... in IOTA AMA ... I asked some "anything", sure.

One "anything" of me was solved - MAYBE - with FPC (( but with maybe a leader specie later through a kind of an EVOLUTION of the LIFE of all FORKs of TANGLE's >:DO= )) but I asked this possible and simple attack also.
And:

2.) How long will run this testnet of IOTA, and from which time can we ((the original investors of the IOTA project)) calculate with a start of the well tested REALNET with our original stake? Just to KNOW >;DO=

1. Yes, this has been solved. The new model is that you have Messages with certain types of payloads. So for example you have a Transaction Message, which has transactions as payload and you have an Indexation Message, which has an index and data as payload. Indexation Messages are data only. In this model Transaction Messages are not allowed to be 0 valued anymore, but that's not the actual dust protection. Dust protection currently comes from the fact you are not allowed to send transactions to an address with less then 1 Mi (this value may change in the future).

2. When i get your question right, you are asking for the coordicide network? Already now you can run your own node and test the network which runs without a coordinator. The "Coordicide-Network" handles all of this with a set of modules and functionalities that work together to ensure consensus is achieved. Up to now, few functionalities are missing. In a few weeks - my personal guess: it will happen end of may - for the first time all modules are complete and you can try the new network on your own.  The testnet will have gradual incentivized participation and a bounty system. The goal of this network is to test for any bugs or issues that need to be fixed before the final release of the mainnet. Again: My my personal guess is, we can see a final release-canidate end of year.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
portergeiss

Activity: 13
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 03:35:57 AM

1. Yes, this has been solved. The new model is that you have Messages with certain types of payloads. So for example you have a Transaction Message, which has transactions as payload and you have an Indexation Message, which has an index and data as payload. Indexation Messages are data only. In this model Transaction Messages are not allowed to be 0 valued anymore, but that's not the actual dust protection. Dust protection currently comes from the fact you are not allowed to send transactions to an address with less then 1 Mi (this value may change in the future).

2. When i get your question right, you are asking for the coordicide network? Already now you can run your own node and test the network which runs without a coordinator. The "Coordicide-Network" handles all of this with a set of modules and functionalities that work together to ensure consensus is achieved. Up to now, few functionalities are missing. In a few weeks - my personal guess: it will happen end of may - for the first time all modules are complete and you can try the new network on your own.  The testnet will have gradual incentivized participation and a bounty system. The goal of this network is to test for any bugs or issues that need to be fixed before the final release of the mainnet. Again: My my personal guess is, we can see a final release-canidate end of year.

I see, here is end of the time of idiot trolls. We, newbies, with a serious study, of course, have the knowledge! Many THANKs for your SERIOUS ANSWER, my friend! We met already in an UNI last years, sure.
ifinta

Activity: 732
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 05:41:20 AM

2. When i get your question right, you are asking for the coordicide network? Already now you can run your own node and test the network which runs without a coordinator. The "Coordicide-Network" handles all of this with a set of modules and functionalities that work together to ensure consensus is achieved. Up to now, few functionalities are missing. In a few weeks - my personal guess: it will happen end of may - for the first time all modules are complete and you can try the new network on your own.  The testnet will have gradual incentivized participation and a bounty system. The goal of this network is to test for any bugs or issues that need to be fixed before the final release of the mainnet. Again: My my personal guess is, we can see a final release-canidate end of year.

I see, here is end of the time of idiot trolls. We, newbies, with a serious study, of course, have the knowledge! Many THANKs for your SERIOUS ANSWER, my friend! We met already in an UNI last years, sure.

Nice. I hope then to claim my original stake (~ 1/278 of the whole marketcap') as the REALNET starts!!! It was promised here in this thread earlier. Many THANKs for YOUR SERIOUS answer, my friend! We, idiot trolls, are only invested some unusable coins ins Your working hours through IOTA Foundation. Sure. Just PM me, if I can claim my orig stake.

((I think, it would be possible. You should redefine the max. amount of IOTA only. ~1 portion should remain at owners at this time... They was enough informed to hold, buy the coin. ~1 portion can be claimed by us - well known investors at the start of the IOTA test-network. ~1 portion will get new investors. So simple. Or? The max amount then can be 10^n It is much simple such number, I think... As it was defined at the start. Or? I think IOTA forgot the ternary processor - Jinn. Not a need to use ternary. Or? JINN was integrated, because the PM owned the idea. Or? OK, I understand, I get then "only" 1/1000 of the whole marketcap', but me would be a nice portion also, a nice benefit - to be a REAL IOTA SUPPORTER, DEV' - since late 2015!))

Sincerely, ifinta

portergeiss

Activity: 13
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 07:03:23 AM

2. When i get your question right, you are asking for the coordicide network? Already now you can run your own node and test the network which runs without a coordinator. The "Coordicide-Network" handles all of this with a set of modules and functionalities that work together to ensure consensus is achieved. Up to now, few functionalities are missing. In a few weeks - my personal guess: it will happen end of may - for the first time all modules are complete and you can try the new network on your own.  The testnet will have gradual incentivized participation and a bounty system. The goal of this network is to test for any bugs or issues that need to be fixed before the final release of the mainnet. Again: My my personal guess is, we can see a final release-canidate end of year.

I got a warning above... ((the pic' from ifinta through our SECURE and PRIVATE channel in session app ... ... ... of course... ... ...))
Are You see the warning also @Iota-Disciple? I think, you are also with only since "some seconds" here, or?
Other newbie's can't have THE RIGHT INFORMATIONs, AS YOU HAVE, RIGHT NOW?HuhHuh Nothing changed then here?
https://i.imgur.com/lGnrUML.jpg
ifinta

Activity: 732
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 07:05:11 AM

I got a warning above... ((the pic' from ifinta through our SECURE and PRIVATE channel in session app ... ... ... of course... ... ...))
Are You see the warning also @Iota-Disciple? I think, you are also with only since "some seconds" here, or?
Other newbie's can't have THE RIGHT INFORMATIONs, AS YOU HAVE, RIGHT NOW?HuhHuh Nothing changed then here?

Sure. Nothing changed.

Iota-Disciple

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 08:52:35 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2021, 04:04:15 PM by Iota-Disciple
Merited by btcsmlcmnr (2), tyz (1), Basti773 (1)

Nice. I hope then to claim my original stake (~ 1/278 of the whole marketcap') as the REALNET starts!!! It was promised here in this thread earlier. Many THANKs for YOUR SERIOUS answer, my friend! We, idiot trolls, are only invested some unusable coins ins Your working hours through IOTA Foundation. Sure. Just PM me, if I can claim my orig stake.

((I think, it would be possible. You should redefine the max. amount of IOTA only. ~1 portion should remain at owners at this time... They was enough informed to hold, buy the coin. ~1 portion can be claimed by us - well known investors at the start of the IOTA test-network. ~1 portion will get new investors. So simple. Or? The max amount then can be 10^n It is much simple such number, I think... As it was defined at the start. Or? I think IOTA forgot the ternary processor - Jinn. Not a need to use ternary. Or? JINN was integrated, because the PM owned the idea. Or? OK, I understand, I get then "only" 1/1000 of the whole marketcap', but me would be a nice portion also, a nice benefit - to be a REAL IOTA SUPPORTER, DEV' - since late 2015!))

Sincerely, ifinta

Sry, I don't get your point. i asume, when you are talking about the "real testnet" you are talking about the vision of Cfb? So the first iteration of this networt was garbage. It was very challenging to fix the problems but the latest draft deserves to be dealt with. Besides, it should be clear to you that IOTA =! IF. Jinn has no financel connection to the IF. If you like to have your stack, you should file legal remedies against Cfb Or Sonstebo.  What's wrong with closing this thread from Cfb and start a new one?. Cfb has been toxic on the road for a long time and did empty promises.

Feel free to ask more technical questions. However, there is no point in going on and on about CfB's behavior, its denial of flaws in the technical design of IOTA or of JINN. As said IF =! IOTA and JINN =! IF

by the way: Please stop screenshoting snd posting my posts on twitter. Thanks;)
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 18, 2021, 05:24:32 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2021, 06:03:02 AM by MinerHQ

I can't find coins in my new wallet. My seed is correct. Any help will be appreciated.

My last transaction was done in 2017 but recently on my mobile wallet, I saw my balance was correct. But after reinstalling my wallet, balance shows 0.

Thanks
Termie

Activity: 642
Merit: 292

View Profile
April 18, 2021, 06:06:28 AM

maybe cross-check your address at https://explorer.iota.org/mainnet/
MinerHQ
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2021, 09:24:03 AM

maybe cross-check your address at https://explorer.iota.org/mainnet/

I don't remember my address but I have my seed. It's been a very long time already.
Iota-Disciple

View Profile
April 18, 2021, 09:59:08 AM

I can't find coins in my new wallet. My seed is correct. Any help will be appreciated.

My last transaction was done in 2017 but recently on my mobile wallet, I saw my balance was correct. But after reinstalling my wallet, balance shows 0.

Thanks

Hey,
did you check the iota recovery-git-hub-help already?

https://github.com/iota-community/IOTA-Discord/blob/main/help/iota-recovery-tips.md
Iota-Disciple

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 05:36:52 PM

https://blog.iota.org/chrysalis-network-migration-release-date/

As stated previously, the migration period that will allow users, exchanges and custodians to prepare their token migrations ahead of the network upgrade will begin 7 days prior to the network upgrade. The network upgrade itself will officially happen on Wednesday, April 28th, 2021.
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 08:18:34 PM
Merited by Iota-Disciple (1)

As stated previously, the migration period that will allow users, exchanges and custodians to prepare their token migrations ahead of the network upgrade will begin 7 days prior to the network upgrade. The network upgrade itself will officially happen on Wednesday, April 28th, 2021.

Many thanks for updating us here.

Its by far not the first (nor the second, nor the third.. Smiley) IOTA migration process I have to go through, but seems to be on completely different level when it comes to the preparedness and user experience... I still remember the immature approach and rude unprofessional communication by Sonstebo, which turned off so many people. Hope the drama is in the past, and a real business and adoption is ahead. Schiener always seemed to me the one who talks less, but does more.

Wish you good luck guys, and a smooth transition!

... this space is not for rent ...
Iota-Disciple

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 09:04:07 PM

Many thanks for updating us here.

Its by far not the first (nor the second, nor the third.. Smiley) IOTA migration process I have to go through, but seems to be on completely different level when it comes to the preparedness and user experience... I still remember the immature approach and rude unprofessional communication by Sonstebo, which turned off so many people. Hope the drama is in the past, and a real business and adoption is ahead. Schiener always seemed to me the one who talks less, but does more.

Wish you good luck guys, and a smooth transition!

I also hope that IOTA or the IF has positioned itself a bit more professionally. There was enough drama and unprofessional behavior by the founding members in the past. That CfB and Sonstebo are no longer part of the project were necessary steps. I hope that as many token holders as possible have received the information about the upcoming migration. It should be emphasized here perhaps again that the migration can be accomplished in any case up to the Coordicide also still afterwards.

For me, its ma third Migration which i go through. The Tax-declaration for the IOTA-Tokens will be hell Grin

Iota-Disciple

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 10:17:01 PM

A great summary of the current state of IOTA

https://new-noom.medium.com/iota-fulfilling-a-promise-dc0f738763f3

After some rough and turbulent times, the IOTA Foundation’s hard work seems to be finally paying off. They have found a clear path towards fulfilling their initial promise: to build a backbone for the machine-to-machine economy, and solve the blockchain trilemma. Dubbed “A new dawn”, the IOTA Foundation is about to upgrade and release a complete re-write of the core protocol on April 28th. This is the first domino of a series of big upgrades coming this year.
Basti773

Activity: 606
Merit: 211

View Profile
April 21, 2021, 07:44:41 AM

For me, its ma third Migration which i go through. The Tax-declaration for the IOTA-Tokens will be hell Grin
The last migrations didn't cause me any problems with taxes, let's hope that this will be the case again!
MinerHQ
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 09:58:53 AM

Thanks

Hey,

https://github.com/iota-community/IOTA-Discord/blob/main/help/iota-recovery-tips.md

I have downloaded a new wallet so I may need to wait for this migration process to check again. As of now, still, my account balance is zero.
Iota-Disciple

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 09:02:38 PM

Thanks

Hey,

I have downloaded a new wallet so I may need to wait for this migration process to check again. As of now, still, my account balance is zero.
So did you used "the light-wallet" back in 2017 or did you store your Seed in "Trinity"? Maybe, the best idea is to join the official IOTA Discord.
There you will be taken for sure if you describe your problem precisely. Please just be careful not to share your seed with anyone. Even if you should be contacted via PM there.
MinerHQ
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2021, 01:12:53 PM

Thanks

Hey,

So did you used "the light-wallet" back in 2017 or did you store your Seed in "Trinity"? Maybe, the best idea is to join the official IOTA Discord.
There you will be taken for sure if you describe your problem precisely. Please just be careful not to share your seed with anyone. Even if you should be contacted via PM there.

I was using a desktop wallet and I believe it was a trinity. WHat is this light wallet?

Yes, I can also contact on discord but if you can help over here, much appreciated. On my Iphone mobile wallet, it was seen until Feb but now I can't see it.
Iota-Disciple

View Profile
April 26, 2021, 04:28:08 PM
Merited by MinerHQ (1)

Thanks

Hey,

I was using a desktop wallet and I believe it was a trinity. WHat is this light wallet?

Yes, I can also contact on discord but if you can help over here, much appreciated. On my Iphone mobile wallet, it was seen until Feb but now I can't see it.

Okay, when you used a mobile phone app, it was definitly trinity.
1. Are you sure, that you have tipped in the correct Seed? When you created the seed, did you also note the check sum and does it match?
2. When you are sure, you have the correct seed: Please check if you have an outgoing transaction in the time from february to march in 2020 which was not done by yourself?
3. When you are sure, you habe the correct seed: Did you try to perform "snapshot transition" within the app?
Peer-Sil

Activity: 69
Merit: 12

… just sitting here and buy #Bitcoin ⚡&#6503

View Profile
April 28, 2021, 10:34:07 PM

official Announcement that the chrysalis network is Live now Smiley

https://blog.iota.org/the-new-chrysalis-network-is-live/

BR
Pages: « 1 ... 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 [762] 763 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: