Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:17:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Definition of a Low Quality Post  (Read 2970 times)
minifrij (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 08:26:50 PM

Alright, I believe that this is something that needs to be addressed. It seems that the norm of a low quality post is something that is short, usually in Off Topic or somewhere similar. However, there are several posts which I see to be low quality/unsubstantial and I am wondering if it is just me being overly picky.

Here's a few examples of posts which I question:
Thank you.

But if I change the referral reward to a different value. Will the referrers receive the old value (value valid on the first referral moment) or will they receive the update value?
They will receive the updated value AFAIK.
Let's start with a post from myself. This post is very short and is in a section which is spam ridden (Micro Earnings). This makes it fit in the definition I posted earlier. However, since I am helping someone with a problem they are having, is it still counted as low quality or with no substance? I am part of a signature campaign, would these sort of posts have me 'abusing' the system, even if they were not added to my overall paid posts for the period?

Another example, a different type of post:
am not a faucet owner but i can still understand how mucch it is difficult for faucet owners to keep the faucet safe and alive .......thanks to the faucet defense script posted above that makes it hard for scammers to go on with their evil works...... Smiley
This post is longer, which is obvious. It is in the same section as the previous post, however this one is significantly worse in my (may be it, slightly biased) opinion. This post achieves absolutely nothing in helping anyone or adding to the topic in any way. In my opinion, this longer post is much worse than the short post I quoted earlier. This user is also in a signature campaign, and is obviously just posting for the reward. However, I have been guilty of doing this in the past.

So, what is considered a low quality post? I see a lot of shorter posts removed, however longer posts like this tend to stay and clutter up the thread. Are they still reportable or am I simply overstepping the mark?
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 08:34:20 PM

Yours is definitely not. Some people think that the shorter post, the less quality it is (and most account pricers will calculate it like so since it's just a bot); I think otherwise. There are plenty of short responses (take a few of theymos's posts for example; most of his posts that are answering questions and doing updates are pretty short. Doesn't mean they're LQ! Smiley ) that are HQ.

TBH, though, if you report that post, it won't be deleted. Take the whole Off-Topic section; it is composed of those responses + LQ short posts, and if you try and report one all you'll achieve is lowering your report percentage. I can't speak for the mods, but I think it's because those replies can be "quality" to some people. I would say just ignore them, press down the feeling of disgust, and move on.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 08:36:56 PM

-snip-
So, what is considered a low quality post? I see a lot of shorter posts removed, however longer posts like this tend to stay and clutter up the thread. Are they still reportable or am I simply overstepping the mark?

I think its subjective (no shit sherlock) and I also think its normal to post low quality, short and unless replies from time to time. The problem are never single comments you yourself would delete reading them a week or two later, but if the majority of your posts are low quality. I hardly ever report a single post as low quality, but seeing one I might decide to check the users post history. If the majority of the posts on the first (few) page(s) are similar I suspect a spammer and act accordingly.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 09:36:12 PM

I would say that the length doesn't matter. If the post doesn't add anything of value to the discussion, then I consider it low quality. Short posts like your quoted one can be very helpful, and sometimes long posts don't add anything to the discussion. And I agree that many sig ad spammers will post long winded posts full of complete nonsense just so that it looks like they are posting something that contributes so that they get paid.

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:48:11 AM

Length really doesn't matter.

Second what is sig spam? Is there a sticky that has a in depth answer like less than 10 words, posts within 5mins, 100 posts a day, 300 a week etc

A tendency to make posts in order to boost your post count, and you have an ad in your signature, particularly one that pays you per post. There is no secret invisible line that you shouldn't cross in terms of numbers, it's mostly subjective. 
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 04:25:52 AM

The problem with most is that, as long as you post short, they say it's low quality regardless of reading your text completely and to see if you addressed a problem or so with those few words... Your post could be few words only yet constructive to the topic yet still not counted of course and on top of that, wrongly be called to those posts a low quality one... On the case #2 (Although not the mentioned case exactly), Just because a post is long enough to trick the eye's of being a high quality post, doesn't mean it's constructive enough nor high quality and contributing post at all

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:32:46 AM

I agree, but we all know campaign managers can't really check every post, so they go for length or just quick check at a glance. I'm not sure how they can improve on that, maybe they should pay more attention when accepting members and reject the ones with questionable past post history.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:38:48 AM

There is a mod/staff who answered the question on how the categorizing post works.
here is the link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1189061.0
Well as he said, longer post doesn't mean a good quality one and also a shorter posts doesn't mean insubstantial becuase I've seen a lot of people here who does that to nake their post longer but then they are saying the same shit all over again.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 06:42:38 AM

In my opinion, both is not consider low quality post. The first one made by you may be short but it is useful. The second one made by pjsonowal may be off topic but we can see that he or she have made some effort* for the post.

* it is just my point of view - not really sure.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 07:16:32 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2015, 07:31:09 AM by Lauda

I can't look into the specific case from my smartphone (ATM). However, you can not define a low quality post and thus this thread is obsolete. This is all subjective. One moderator might not delete your post while the other one might. You should also look if a previous low quality post was deleted and yours was a direct response to it. In that case yours will probably get deleted as well.

If you think that a post is of low quality then please report it and explain why.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mocacinno
Legendary

Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 07:27:55 AM

I would personally think neither of the two posts should be deleted...

I think it should be perfectly fine to give your opinion about a topic, even if it doesn't contribute to the discussion, or solving the problem.

Offcourse, when a user is posting short crap for the sole purpose of promoting his sig all the time, it's a different story...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 07:41:35 AM

I see many posts that are relevant to certain threads that get deleted, the moderator that removes some of these posts are taking down reported ones, spam ref links I am fine with but on topic I don't understand why.

Some people like to sit on a high horse, then look down on others with some kind of snobbery thinking the post should not be allowed.

Here is one of mine that was deleted earlier today.

GhanaGamboy  hacked.
Giving neg trust on my profile with no proof saying I am (Still a ponzi promoter)

Where am I promoting, where? please remove this unfounded lie.

I see thousands of one liners, it does not bother me.

And its gone.
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 07:44:08 AM

Alright, I believe that this is something that needs to be addressed. It seems that the norm of a low quality post is something that is short, usually in Off Topic or somewhere similar. However, there are several posts which I see to be low quality/unsubstantial and I am wondering if it is just me being overly picky.

Here's a few examples of posts which I question:
Thank you.

But if I change the referral reward to a different value. Will the referrers receive the old value (value valid on the first referral moment) or will they receive the update value?
They will receive the updated value AFAIK.
Let's start with a post from myself. This post is very short and is in a section which is spam ridden (Micro Earnings). This makes it fit in the definition I posted earlier. However, since I am helping someone with a problem they are having, is it still counted as low quality or with no substance? I am part of a signature campaign, would these sort of posts have me 'abusing' the system, even if they were not added to my overall paid posts for the period?

Another example, a different type of post:
am not a faucet owner but i can still understand how mucch it is difficult for faucet owners to keep the faucet safe and alive .......thanks to the faucet defense script posted above that makes it hard for scammers to go on with their evil works...... Smiley
This post is longer, which is obvious. It is in the same section as the previous post, however this one is significantly worse in my (may be it, slightly biased) opinion. This post achieves absolutely nothing in helping anyone or adding to the topic in any way. In my opinion, this longer post is much worse than the short post I quoted earlier. This user is also in a signature campaign, and is obviously just posting for the reward. However, I have been guilty of doing this in the past.

i will define low quality posts as <40 characters and out-of-topic...... if someone continues posting a low quality posts again and again they are handed a ban saying "insubstantial posts and signature campaign" for 14 days
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 08:07:18 AM

i will define low quality posts as <40 characters and out-of-topic...... if someone continues posting a low quality posts again and again they are handed a ban saying "insubstantial posts and signature campaign" for 14 days

You yourself posted that what you called low quality. A good  even excellent post doesn't require characters bro. It's all about the thought in it. You can even go post a one word and can still be considered good as long as it has a GOOD thought in it. You probably didn't read the whole thread for this. I suddenly though a new emoticon is needed in this forum. *face palm*  Undecided
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 10:17:16 AM

I personally don't consider short answers to be low quality as long as it contains an answer, solution, etc, to the quoted post or thread. There are plenty of people writing 5 or more lines while you can barely understand what they mean (I'm not talking about poor English), as it doesn't contribute anything to the thread. They are simply trying to make their post look like it's high quality, while it isn't. That's what I consider a low quality post.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 10:38:59 AM

A important thing here would say it that it also doesn't really matter how users see it. It matters how the moderator who is judging the post sees it. There are people who are much softer and people who are stricter like me and Mitchell. I never understood why people complain about only a few of their posts being deleted.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
minifrij (OP)
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 11:58:47 AM

However, you can not define a low quality post and thus this thread is obsolete. This is all subjective. One moderator might not delete your post while the other one might.
I don't think this should be the case. The rules and guidelines for a post should be defined to stop confusion throughout members and help keep the forum cleaner.
For example, let's say that one of the nicer moderators leaves a post which is something along the lines of "Thanks for the guide!" or something similar. Personally I think that this post is spam and does nothing but clutter the forum, however it is likely that said post will stay until it is reported again as another moderator will not evaluate it. If the nicer moderator leaves several posts like this, it can quickly clutter the forum. In addition the reporter's percentage will likely go down, but that isn't the main problem.
It seems that the (granted, small selection) of the community seem to have come to a standpoint on the posts that they do not wish to see, and yet I still see a lot of long yet vague posts cluttering up threads in sections like Micro Earnings and others, created for nothing but the signature reward. Should this still be happening?

I never understood why people complain about only a few of their posts being deleted.
AFAIK neither of those posts have been deleted, nor would I complain if the one that I posted was. I'm just curious on which sorts of posts to report and which to leave, and what the staff consider a low quality post.

Also, not trying to bash the staff in any way.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 12:04:48 PM

I don't think this should be the case. The rules and guidelines for a post should be defined to stop confusion throughout members and help keep the forum cleaner.
For example, let's say that one of the nicer moderators leaves a post which is something along the lines of "Thanks for the guide!" or something similar. Personally I think that this post is spam and does nothing but clutter the forum, however it is likely that said post will stay until it is reported again as another moderator will not evaluate it. If the nicer moderator leaves several posts like this, it can quickly clutter the forum. In addition the reporter's percentage will likely go down, but that isn't the main problem.
It seems that the (granted, small selection) of the community seem to have come to a standpoint on the posts that they do not wish to see, and yet I still see a lot of long yet vague posts cluttering up threads in sections like Micro Earnings and others, created for nothing but the signature reward. Should this still be happening?
You can not define that rule, neither can you define many others. This is why there's a statement that says that the rules are open to the interpretation of moderator. Here's a comparable example. How would you define an artwork that is good? Obviously you can't really make a general rule but you'd have to go on a case by case basis. That's my opinion and I doubt that anything would be done about this, due to the lesser importance of it. I'm pretty sure that most users are aware when they make a post of very low quality.

AFAIK neither of those posts have been deleted, nor would I complain if the one that I posted was. I'm just curious on which sorts of posts to report and which to leave, and what the staff consider a low quality post.

Also, not trying to bash the staff in any way.
I was just making a statement because this is what I tend to see from time to time. It wasn't really directed towards you (that part).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
minifrij (OP)
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 12:18:48 PM

Here's a comparable example. How would you define an artwork that is good? Obviously you can't really make a general rule but you'd have to go on a case by case basis.
I can see your point, but in the cases that I'm trying to point out is like comparing a stickman drawn in MSPaint with a watercolour piece on a canvas. One is obviously significantly lower quality than the other.

That's my opinion and I doubt that anything would be done about this, due to the lesser importance of it. I'm pretty sure that most users are aware when they make a post of very low quality.
That makes sense, thanks for clarifying. This is simply due to seeing staff such as hilariousandco talk about the sheer amount of spam pots, and wondered which type I should be trying to report and which to leave.

I was just making a statement because this is what I tend to see from time to time. It wasn't really directed towards you (that part).
I didn't think it was, just being sure though. My apologies Smiley
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 12:26:29 PM

I can see your point, but in the cases that I'm trying to point out is like comparing a stickman drawn in MSPaint with a watercolour piece on a canvas. One is obviously significantly lower quality than the other.
That makes sense, thanks for clarifying. This is simply due to seeing staff such as hilariousandco talk about the sheer amount of spam pots, and wondered which type I should be trying to report and which to leave.
I didn't think it was, just being sure though. My apologies Smiley
So essentially you're trying to comprehend what kind of posts you should be reporting? Well then you should probably be looking at examples of deleted posts. As I said this is very subjective due to various reasons, especially depending on who is handling your case. There are people in the staff that e.g. don't mind normal referral links (as long as it is not spam), and there are people who are completely against any kind of referral link (that's a no in all cases).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Nextgen

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:43:19 PM

A important thing here would say it that it also doesn't really matter how users see it. It matters how the moderator who is judging the post sees it. There are people who are much softer and people who are stricter like me and Mitchell. I never understood why people complain about only a few of their posts being deleted.
this is pretty much the whole case ,some people are negative towards spam and some are just relaxed.
however nothing can exist without corruption and so OP's short posts may not be deleted even after being reported as he tends to be a trusted and vouched member of the forum and on the other hand some lengthy normal quality post might be deleted by some strict moderator as said by LAUDA because of personal views.
this issue is mostly because of Bit-x and yo bit campaign i would say , cause the other fixed campaign users dont have the reason to spam.
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 04:14:28 PM

however nothing can exist without corruption and so OP's short posts may not be deleted even after being reported as he tends to be a trusted and vouched member of the forum

Absolutely, totally wrong. If, let's say, SebastianJu posted a meaningless reply that was necessary to be deleted (like most of the posts we see today around the forum), then I'm pretty sure none of the mods would hesitate to delete it simply because of his trust status.

this issue is mostly because of Bit-x and yo bit campaign i would say , cause the other fixed campaign users dont have the reason to spam.

I'm pretty sure that marco checks on a few posts on campaign users (not 100% sure though) to make sure that no posts are really "spam". I think I remember him excluding a few posts on certain members for being spam. Also, secondstrade isn't an automated signature campaign, but quite a number of their users are pretty spammy (IMHO).
Nextgen

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 02:28:25 PM

however nothing can exist without corruption and so OP's short posts may not be deleted even after being reported as he tends to be a trusted and vouched member of the forum

Absolutely, totally wrong. If, let's say, SebastianJu posted a meaningless reply that was necessary to be deleted (like most of the posts we see today around the forum), then I'm pretty sure none of the mods would hesitate to delete it simply because of his trust status.
yes it is very much possible , so what ? it was just a possibility i was saying about .
i said " may not "

I'm pretty sure that marco checks on a few posts on campaign users (not 100% sure though) to make sure that no posts are really "spam". I think I remember him excluding a few posts on certain members for being spam. Also, secondstrade isn't an automated signature campaign, but quite a number of their users are pretty spammy (IMHO).
what is the relation between marco excluding the posts for the pay and the user is a spammer ? no connection.
the point i said was about the vulnerability and yes secondstrade is also spammy.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 02:32:51 PM

I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description ["low quality posts"], and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it...

Same applies here.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 03:13:40 PM

however nothing can exist without corruption and so OP's short posts may not be deleted even after being reported as he tends to be a trusted and vouched member of the forum and on the other hand some lengthy normal quality post might be deleted by some strict moderator as said by LAUDA because of personal views.
Corruption? You've got to be kidding. If you think that I'd not delete someones post just because of their position, trust or whatever then think twice. I do not care who the person is. If they break a rule then I'm going to act accordingly. Unfortunately I can not moderate such people at the moment (aside from 1 section). I can't say the same for others as I can't be sure and I've never checked for this.
You're wrong. I never said that a moderator is going to delete anything because of personal views. A moderator might let something slide, while the other one might delete it. This has nothing to do with personal views, but their interpretation of rules and how the act towards people who break them.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 04:40:05 PM

Guys, this is a forum to exchange ideas and discuss. Not every post can be classified as a clear answer/solution and if it fails to provide that then it is spam or low quality. The bulk of them just add to the main conversation while keeping the thread flowing. Like the post I'm writing right now.

However I agree that I've seen some very poor attempts (bad english, grammar, punctuation) that seems to be aimed just to fill up a signature campaign quota. Like I mentioned previously, this is a job for campaign managers to do, they are the ones that should filter out what they feel are useless promotion. These users are actually doing damage to their brand/site instead of promoting it.
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 11:44:22 AM

I've been wondering the same. I take it low-quality posts, in principle, should be reported and deleted by mods?

Here's a random sampling of different kinds of posts I, personally would consider low quality. Should I start reporting these (there would be a lot):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1221975.0  (Off-topic for pretty much any section)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219370.msg12776639#msg12776639 (Adds nothing to discussion)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=976903.msg10666566#msg10666566 (Seems to be posting just for the sake of posting)

In general a number of threads like "Where's satoshi" and "how do you use Bitcoin" seem to mainly serve as forums for sig campaigners to up their post counts. You'd have to try really hard to be off-topic in a thread like that. Not really something for mods to take action on, just an observation.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
xinzark
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 01:46:49 PM

I've been wondering the same. I take it low-quality posts, in principle, should be reported and deleted by mods?

Here's a random sampling of different kinds of posts I, personally would consider low quality. Should I start reporting these (there would be a lot):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1221975.0  (Off-topic for pretty much any section)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219370.msg12776639#msg12776639 (Adds nothing to discussion)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=976903.msg10666566#msg10666566 (Seems to be posting just for the sake of posting)

In general a number of threads like "Where's satoshi" and "how do you use Bitcoin" seem to mainly serve as forums for sig campaigners to up their post counts. You'd have to try really hard to be off-topic in a thread like that. Not really something for mods to take action on, just an observation.

Yes you should report them and help cleaning up this forum
The first link is on begginers and help board. It is not spam but it is off-topic related. So, you should report as wrong section and to be moved to off-topic

The second one seems probably to be a spam cause it adds no value to the topic. But I am not sure that should be considered a spam or not

But the third one doesn't seems spam to me. They are just discussing on methods.

And those two words answer is also 100% spam because if everyone knows that thing then why to post that again and again. Like we all know Bitcoin is a Digital currency then posting such things is totally spam
Nextgen

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:53:49 PM

Corruption? You've got to be kidding. If you think that I'd not delete someones post just because of their position, trust or whatever then think twice. I do not care who the person is. If they break a rule then I'm going to act accordingly. Unfortunately I can not moderate such people at the moment (aside from 1 section). I can't say the same for others as I can't be sure and I've never checked for this.
You're wrong. I never said that a moderator is going to delete anything because of personal views. A moderator might let something slide, while the other one might delete it. This has nothing to do with personal views, but their interpretation of rules and how the act towards people who break them.
yeah so you alone are not considered as staff ? i never criticized you but i just pointed out a possibility.
these posts are of highly highly vouched member .
http://imgur.com/euIn1Dp
TTMNewsMJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 01:05:39 AM

I can say that the length of a post doesn't really matter but if the post doesn't add or help anything to the discussion then I consider it low quality or insubstantial post.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 01:18:09 AM

I can say that the length of a post doesn't really matter but if the post doesn't add or help anything to the discussion then I consider it low quality or insubstantial post.

@TTMSNewsMJ - It is very easy to find an insubstantial post.

For example, replies to the post "How old are you?"
I am 25
23 years old.

All this tells us is you turned 2 years younger in 11 days. Not very helpful, is it?  Tongue

Or, you can look at the posts in "Do you believe in ghosts" thread

Yes i do. They are real.
Yes I believe in ghost.
Yes I believe in ghost.

Multiple times for emphasis?  Tongue
hilariousandco
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 2616

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 04:07:25 AM

Yeah that's pretty funny seeing as his entire post history is spam. No idea what he's up to.

You should take your own advice here.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 11:16:48 AM

yeah so you alone are not considered as staff ? i never criticized you but i just pointed out a possibility.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here? What I originally said and meant was that each staff member is a different person. Each person has their own character. Some might not delete your low quality post, while some other might. This has nothing to do with personal views. Deleting something because of personal views, would be me deleting your post because I don't agree with it (obviously very wrong and nobody does this).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
TTMNewsMJ

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:09:44 AM

I think the definition of the low quality post is that they are posting but not related to the topic. That's why their posts are being deleted.
Russtie Beerkan

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:32:36 AM

I think the definition of the low quality post is that they are posting but not related to the topic. That's why their posts are being deleted.

I'm pretty new here, but why would people post off topic at all anyhow, is it for signature campaign's or whatever they are i keep reading about? Makes sense they get deleted though, good! Wink
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:54:50 AM

The definition of low quality posts is in your profile, 520 posts with 28 activity? Jesus Christ, you made 520 posts in 20 days, thats insane and you are not even wearing a signature, i cant believe it.
TTMNewsMJ

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 10:54:09 AM

The definition of low quality posts is in your profile, 520 posts with 28 activity? Jesus Christ, you made 520 posts in 20 days, thats insane and you are not even wearing a signature, i cant believe it.
What's wrong with it? If there's a wrong about it then my apologies. I am only new here but I'm trying to fit myself in this kind of forum. The thing that I don't understand at all is why they are always judging me. They don't even know how to understand my situation.
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 10:56:16 AM

What's wrong with it? If there's a wrong about it then my apologies. I am only new here but I'm trying to fit myself in this kind of forum. The thing that I don't understand at all is why they are always judging me. They don't even know how to understand my situation.

The fact that you're not wearing a signature is actually a good thing IMO... If you made 520 posts in 20 days, but you were wearing a signature, people would jump to the conclusion that you were spamming a sig campaign...
In your case: in my opinion, you look like somebody who just likes to post... Which is OK for me Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:15:07 AM

The fact that you're not wearing a signature is actually a good thing IMO... If you made 520 posts in 20 days, but you were wearing a signature, people would jump to the conclusion that you were spamming a sig campaign...
In your case: in my opinion, you look like somebody who just likes to post... Which is OK for me Smiley
So banning people who 'like to post' is wrong but banning people who like to post, plus are wearing signature at the same time is a justified act?
I sense a disturbance in the force here.
TTMNewsMJ

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:59:17 AM

So banning people who 'like to post' is wrong but banning people who like to post, plus are wearing signature at the same time is a justified act?

I can't understand it very well. If there's no problem on posting then why there are people who are judging me because I am posting a lot?
I am not a spammer though. I am just working because I need to earn a lot for my studies.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 12:03:45 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2015, 12:36:09 PM by shorena

-snip-
I can't understand it very well. If there's no problem on posting then why there are people who are judging me because I am posting a lot?
I am not a spammer though. I am just working because I need to earn a lot for my studies.

What is it you do again? I mean you have 408 posts in off topic currently.

Edit: ...and you repeat already given answers on threads that have already died down.

A hero member needs a long time before he can get that position or rank.
He needs 480 + activity.

I want to know in detail about potential account and how it gets mature with less effort?
When you start as a newbie, you are given the 14 activity if you posted.
Then after that, you will be given another 14 activity for every 2 weeks after if you posts during that time.

mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 01:06:20 PM

Certainly not...
Agreed, it's a slippery slope.

The thing i wanted to say is that everybody making nonsense spamposts should get a warning (be it banning or something else). It's just a lot easyer to consider someone to be maliciously spamming if he/she is clearly pushing his/her sig down other user's throat in order to drive up their postcount (and receive more money from their sigcampaign).
If somebody isn't wearing a sig, in my eye's it's less clear if he's actually trying to spam, or just having fun by posting a lot...

I hope that made sense  Grin

Btw: my sigcampaign doesn't pay me for posts in meta, so i hope this post doesn't get considered sigspam Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:35:01 PM

-snip-

Edit: ...and you repeat already given answers on threads that have already died down.

He needs 480 + activity.

I want to know in detail about potential account and how it gets mature with less effort?
Then after that, you will be given another 14 activity for every 2 weeks after if you posts during that time.

Which was exactly my point. I mean he asks why he is being judged, everyone is judged in this forum, it's not only you. I just said that you had an insane amount of posts without wearing a signature which is weird since most of your posts as shorena said are on off-topìc. Why are you even in a BITCOIN forum?
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:40:48 PM

I can give you a good definition of a low quality post.

"This is a low quality thread".

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
TTMNewsMJ

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 10:47:32 PM

-snip-

He needs 480 + activity.

Which was exactly my point. I mean he asks why he is being judged, everyone is judged in this forum, it's not only you. I just said that you had an insane amount of posts without wearing a signature which is weird since most of your posts as shorena said are on off-topìc. Why are you even in a BITCOIN forum?
Because I find it more interesting thread on the off topic. Is it bad to always posting there? Then why should they did that section. Anyway, I also posted to the other section. Maybe you can't see it. Just nevermind if I don't wearing a signature, the important thing is I always make my job very well as I can. I am not also a spammer. Take note.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 11:18:21 PM

-snip-
I am not also a spammer.

I disagree, reanswering an already answered question after several days is spam. Your (or the mods, doesnt matter much) removal of said posts speaks for itself.

paka

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 01:12:16 AM

This user is also a low quality

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=201782

under yobit signature campaign: posts usually games and round plus local Sad
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 6826

Cashback 15%

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:12:00 AM

-snip-

He needs 480 + activity.

Because I find it more interesting thread on the off topic. Is it bad to always posting there? Then why should they did that section. Anyway, I also posted to the other section. Maybe you can't see it. Just nevermind if I don't wearing a signature, the important thing is I always make my job very well as I can. I am not also a spammer. Take note.

If you require an explanation, read post #31 in this thread, written by botany.  I think it sums up why you're being judged pretty damn well.  As for me, yes, a lot of my posts are crap but this is because I detest people, and bitcointalk has some of the silliest ones I've ever seen online.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
vorazvora

Activity: 136

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:33:42 AM

He already got red trust. If he will continue probably gonna get ban..
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:38:50 AM

He already got red trust. If he will continue probably gonna get ban..

Local posts are not low quality only because they are local.

A local mod would have to be asked about his post quality before you can judge

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: