Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:05:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [(Updated 4/2)USA/CANADA GROUP BUY] Denarium Silver 1 BTC Coins  (Read 8227 times)
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1072

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 07:50:41 PM

Eh why not, I'll still take the grading gamble.    Cool

I will take a look at it in person and then decide if I want to submit or not. If I feel it will grade low then grading is a waste of time and $$.

Fortunately I don't have a lot of graded coins or else I would consider not grading them based on the news I have read.

ezeminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 08:18:51 PM

I will take a look at it in person and then decide if I want to submit or not. If I feel it will grade low then grading is a waste of time and $$.

Fortunately I don't have a lot of graded coins or else I would consider not grading them based on the news I have read.
Personally I think we'll get ms-60s. I think that's the baseline for polished coins?

digicoinuser
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:12:30 PM

Personally I think we'll get ms-60s. I think that's the baseline for polished coins?

I believe so, or else they could mark the coins with the dreaded "Improperly Cleaned".   Grin

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 08:02:33 PM

Went and grabbed my coin today... The coin has swirl marks all over it and a big ding in the bulls head. This is hands down the worst quality coin I have ever purchased. The free coin is pretty rough also...not bothered to open its capsule.

ezeminer (OP)
Legendary

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:36:33 PM

Went and grabbed my coin today... The coin has swirl marks all over it and a big ding in the bulls head. This is hands down the worst quality coin I have ever purchased. The free coin is pretty rough also...not bothered to open its capsule.

https://i.imgur.com/5X3rPVK.jpg

I had also sent everyone in the group buy images of my coin for a reference.

Album here: https://imgur.com/a/xhJuv

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 01:16:27 AM

Auctioning off my coin if anyone is interested...starting bid for both coins is 1BTC.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1444857.new#new
ezeminer (OP)
Legendary

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 06:47:37 PM

All people that wanted their coins graded, I have an update.

Coins were dropped off at ANACs today. They have a pretty cool and small building. The man I met with showed one of the coins to a grader (I was told there are 5 graders) to show them off.

The coins are cool, but he said most likely our Denariums are going to grade at the MS-60, because of the cleaning done to the coin.

I was also told that if we are lucky, turnaround time would be 2 weeks. Worst case would be 4 weeks.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 06:57:19 PM

Coins were dropped off at ANACs today. They have a pretty cool and small building. The man I met with showed one of the coins to a grader (I was told there are 5 graders) to show them off.

The coins are cool, but he said most likely our Denariums are going to grade at the MS-60, because of the cleaning done to the coin.

I was also told that if we are lucky, turnaround time would be 2 weeks. Worst case would be 4 weeks.

Andrew over there at ANACS is a really cool guy to work with. I should send him over a paper wallet loaded with some BTC and say "figure it out". I was told they might be open to accepting Bitcoin as payment some day...
ezeminer (OP)
Legendary

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:01:50 PM

Andrew over there at ANACS is a really cool guy to work with. I should send him over a paper wallet loaded with some BTC and say "figure it out". I was told they might be open to accepting Bitcoin as payment some day...
As I left I felt stupid for never asking his name. Thanks Blazed.

ezeminer (OP)
Legendary

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:35:28 PM

So the coins came back today. Surprisingly not MS-60s, all are MS-63's.

Coins to remaining customers will ship by Monday.

digicoinuser
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:45:28 PM

So the coins came back today. Surprisingly not MS-60s, all are MS-63's.

Very nice, thanks for the update!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: