May 07, 2024, 05:47:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Viᖚes (social currency unit)?
like - 27 (27.6%)
might work - 10 (10.2%)
dislike - 17 (17.3%)
prefer tech name, e.g. factom, ion, ethereum, iota, epsilon - 15 (15.3%)
prefer explicit currency name, e.g. net⚷eys, neㄘcash, ᨇcash, mycash, bitoken, netoken, cyberbit, bitcash - 2 (2%)
problematic - 2 (2%)
offending / repulsive - 4 (4.1%)
project objectives unrealistic or incorrect - 10 (10.2%)
biased against lead dev or project ethos - 11 (11.2%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [neㄘcash, ᨇcash, net⚷eys, or viᖚes?] Name AnonyMint's vapor coin?  (Read 95218 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:13:04 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2016, 08:34:21 PM by TPTB_need_war

Next time my detractors make a thread to try to troll me, perhaps they should remember that when they do that, I turn such threads into a humiliating "tail between their legs" defeat for them every time:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1438301.msg14590792#msg14590792

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1438301.msg14597791#msg14597791

Meritocracies can't lie. Those who work hard and are sincere, are not vulnerable to disingenuous trolls.

Hey I tried to basically ignore that troll thread. But some of them got nasty with the verbal abuse and false allegations. So I got "nastier" with the calm, unemotional, ice cold facts.

“Sit in the place of honor at my right hand until I humble YOUR ENEMIES, MAKING THEM A FOOTSTOOL UNDER YOUR FEET”

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:29:33 AM

Demonstrating my research on programming language (type) theory:

https://users.rust-lang.org/t/high-order-function-with-type-parameter/3112/8

https://users.rust-lang.org/t/most-coveted-rust-features/324/38

Or in short, why we probably don't need higher-kinded and higher-ranked types, but we do need first-class disjunctions and inversion-of-control ad hoc dispatch.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:34:51 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2016, 05:06:30 PM by TPTB_need_war

Yesterday:

I ate hamburgers (beef) for the first time in several weeks today and immediately it made me fall asleep. Then I felt strong tonight when I woke up from that afternoon nap, yet a different sort of more intense pain in my lower abdomen area. Strange change to feel stronger yet more pain. I ran and felt very strong through the run yet more painful in my gut. So something is changing or going on down there that is new. I don't know if that is a sign of a cure coming or just more health bullshit ahead. Sigh.

Today:

Feeling damn good right now! Wish I could feel like this all the time.  Grin

The Energizer Bunny dopamine crazed dude:

Edit: smooth is more balanced/grounded/steady than me. I am more of a high/low personality, which typically correlates with a high degree of creativity and artistic talent.

Edit: ground beef (w/egg and Worcestershire sauce), mozarella cheese, tomato, lettuce, and (no high fructose corn syrup) Heinz ketchup sandwiches on whole wheat French bread again tonight! I am so tired of eating a monotonous strict diet of tuna soup, eggs, oatmeal, raw carrots, and steamed greens. No ill effects from eating this yesterday. If I can eat the food I like again, I can gain back some of my strength. I need that brain food.

Let's go! do strange things! in some far away land in summertime dreams! where the pictures come back from that dead place of suffering and emptiness where they had gone.

Edit#2: the Internet is awesome! It has been extremely depressing for me the past few years to see the Internet become such an amazing creative resource and not being able to fully enjoy it!

I Feel Good!!! (so good)

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:55:27 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2016, 05:08:16 PM by TPTB_need_war

Unofficial JAMBOX theme song:

Chinese Man - Skank in the Air

The Golden Buddha is smooth (@1:15min) hehe.  Cool

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 08:52:54 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2016, 09:40:04 PM by TPTB_need_war

Someone asked my opinion on the Flow static type checking transpiler for Javascript.

I like the concept of optional typing, but I would need to think more about what if any corner cases that enables. For example, I think it makes it impossible that there are types which are not Nullable since null values can leak in from un(i)typed sections.

My complaints:

1. Objects always have to be destructured/extracted from the Nullable type before they can be accessed, i.e. I assume non-Nullable can't be enforced.
2. There are no sized integer and unsigned types such as i32, u32, etc..
3. Employs subclassing, which is an anti-pattern, instead of ad hoc polymorphism.

I like the first-class union (aka disjunction) and intersection (aka conjunction) types, the modules, and the variant types.

This is somewhat closer to what I want, but still not really adequate for the leap forward I want.

Edit: I also very much like that the transpiled Javascript is human comprehensible and reasonably easily correlated to the original source code. So this means we don't need extra tooling to for example using existing Javascript debuggers in the browsers. My vision is for a transpiled syntax that doesn't absolutely require an IDE, so I can continue to use any text editor if I want. I really hate the pain point of installing a complex development environment.

I am thinking we should stick with Javascript as the primary compile target, because it is mature on all devices.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:37:09 PM

There are many lists of languages which compile to Javascript:

https://github.com/jashkenas/coffeescript/wiki/list-of-languages-that-compile-to-js
http://www.infoworld.com/article/2606392/javascript/156855-X-languages-that-compile-to-JavaScript.html
http://smurfpandey.github.io/altjs/
http://www.slant.co/topics/101/~languages-that-compile-to-javascript

All those listed above seem to lack at least ad hoc polymorphism, except for the Haskell-to-Javascript variants (and perhaps the OCaml/ML-to-Javascript compilers although at least row polymorphism is not ad hoc polymorphism).

I have been studying PureScript, which is basically a Haskell clone without the memoization, lazy evaluation, and co-inductive type hierarchy. PureScript retains the desired ad hoc polymorphism.

PureScript's main feature that differentiates it from Haskell-to-Javascript compilers is that it is designed to compile to human comprehensible Javascript, which is fairly easy to correlate with the PureScript source code.

My complaints:

1. No first-class unions (aka disjunctions) and intersections (aka conjunctions), which I had explained (at the linked post quoted below) are necessary so ad hoc polymorphism isn't somewhat crippled. The alternative of Either enumerations are not first-class, thus aren't composable.

Demonstrating my research on programming language (type) theory:

https://users.rust-lang.org/t/high-order-function-with-type-parameter/3112/8

[...]

Or in short, why we probably don't need higher-kinded and higher-ranked types, but we do need first-class disjunctions and inversion-of-control ad hoc dispatch.

2. Pure functions are required everywhere, which those forces Haskells Monadic and Applicative side-effects abstractions, which are very non-intuitive for programmers coming from C, C++, Java, Javascript, PHP.

3. No async/await nor generators, and instead must use another of those Haskell higher-order monadic abstractions, the Continuation monad.

4. No unsigned integer (i.e. i >>> 0 in Javascript), and no sized integer types such as i32, u32, u8, etc..

5. Build system requires Node.js.

Other aspects I admire:

1. Tail recursion is optimized to a while loop.

2. Functions are curried by default, with a comprehensible representation in Javacscript.

3. Ad hoc polymorphism dictionaries are input in a curried function.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:50:19 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 02:08:26 PM by TPTB_need_war

I've pretty much nailed down my concept for a much more composable programming language design. It appears to me that by inverting the control over typing, that higher-kinded typing is actually an undesirable anti-pattern. If I am correct, I have just identified why Haskell is a suboptimal design:

https://users.rust-lang.org/t/most-coveted-rust-features/324/41

Looks like I have to create my own programming language! Which is too much work probably.

Edit: ground beef (w/egg and Worcestershire sauce), mozarella cheese, tomato, lettuce, and (no high fructose corn syrup) Heinz ketchup sandwiches on whole wheat French bread again tonight! I am so tired of eating a monotonous strict diet of tuna soup, eggs, oatmeal, raw carrots, and steamed greens. No ill effects from eating this yesterday. If I can eat the food I like again, I can gain back some of my strength. I need that brain food.

After feeling strong yesterday and sleeping, I woke up with diarrhea. I've been high dosing with sublingual oregano oil since awakening roughly 4 hours ago. The oregano oil seems to be getting it under control although I still feel a bit under the weather (but not worse than a mild flu feeling). Actually my body feels strong with that food and I sleep very well.

So this is another confirmation that my 4 year chronic illness is an infectious agent impacting my digestive system, which makes sense given the chronic phase began 4 years ago after being hospitalized for an acute peptic ulcer and h.pylori infection.

I mentioned previously that the oregano oil seems to have greatly diminished the occurrences of the pimples on face or tongue that precede a chronic fatigue syndrome relapse in the past. As well cleared up the "70 year old" skin look on my shoulders and upper back. And my CFS episodes are much milder. And mostly I just need to sleep more whereas before so insomniac.

finitemaz

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:22:18 PM

TPTB_need_war Do you have a twitter or something with updates to your projects?
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 02:25:12 PM

TPTB_need_war Do you have a twitter or something with updates to your projects?

Not yet.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:19:17 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 07:32:24 PM by TPTB_need_war

The main reason for wanting to get out of the Philippines, is the tropical sweltering climate makes it really difficult to work in the daytime in fresh air without airconditioning. Even with ceiling and floor standing fans, I am still sweating. I am well adjusted to the heat and can even jog in the midday heat, but this is not ideal for my concentration, athletics, and also I think it doesn't help me cure what ever chronic digestive tract infection I may have (fungal?).

Let's compare the climate of Davao:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davao_City#Climate

To the airport of Hong Kong (which is next to Lantau Island):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Hong_Kong#Statistics

The other reasons for wanting to leave the Philippines are the daily brownouts, frequent Internet connection problems, boredom with the lack of athletic and scenic outlets for leisure time activities, and the lack of international cuisine. Local cuisine is okay, but after 10 years I am tired of it.

Also the noise from neighbors (e.g. a piano played by kids loud enough that my earplugs aren't sufficient) and that for example the bathrooms and kitchens aren't well designed and appointed, e.g. the shower sprays onto the toilet and so after someone takes a shower I get to walk on a wet floor and sit on a wet toilet.

One thing that has kept me here other than not really having enough funds to move, is that I own a 2003 model diesel Isuzu SUV here.

I think Hong Kong is the most likely next destination for me, as soon as I can afford it. Looks like Mui Mo on Lantau Island is the best combination (for now, although massive development plans are promulgating now for community feedback) of rural environment, hiking/jogging trails, affordability, public transport access to Hong Kong island, quaint beach life, quaint restaurants with international cuisine, and modern apartments (with I assume reliable+fast Internet access).

http://defence.pk/threads/pictures-of-hongkong.46439/page-13

I even see basketball courts (this is a small neighboring island):

https://bluebalu.com/2013/08/18/hiking-discovery-bay-to-mui-wo-and-back/

I spend roughly $300 a month for my main house here in Davao in a nicer, walled security subdivision, and another $80 monthly for a crappy house up on the cooler hillsides, which I maintain so I have two Internet connections with the two major ISPs (Globe and Smart) in case one is offline then I can drive to the other. Ditto for the brownouts, since rarely brownout in both locations simultaneously. It is roughly a 15 - 20 min drive if no traffic (and I am often awake in the night for the cooler fresh and sleeping in day in aircon). That is not including the cost of my two Internet connections ($60), electricity for both locations ($80), water ($8), diesel ($50), and food ($300+).

For Mui Mo, I would need to spend roughly $1500 monthly to get something decent (although this might decrease by 2017 if the HKD peg breaks as Armstrong is predicting):

http://www.squarefoot.com.hk/search/?area=4;district=4;type=rent;layout=11;sort=pa
http://www.squarefoot.com.hk/property/21201623/
http://www.squarefoot.com.hk/property/21011775/

I am estimating my transportation and food would be at least double in Hong Kong.

So my base monthly expenses (not including other things such as $256 month child support in USA, credit card debt installments, Internet services such as Skype, $100 salary for my gf who does all the cooking & cleaning, etc) would increase from roughly $880 to $2250. And I'd probably keep the $80 or $300 rental in the Philippines to store my car and things. Overall I would increase my monthly expenditures from roughly $1400 to $2850. So roughly double my monthly expenses.

If the crowdfund is successful, I will probably make that upgrade to my environment  by about October or November, as Hong Kong starts to cool off. The summers in Hong Kong are nearly as hot as here in Davao, so no advantage.

I tried to think of other places where I could relocate such that my filipina gf could likely attain a visa with minimum fuss and would be as convenient and affordable and I can't think of any. Any suggestions?

Note it is likely (according to Martin Armstrong's model which I ascribe to) for the USD to become very strong in 2017, so the increase in expenses would be mitigated if my funding is coming in US dollars. Hopefully the coming global economic contagion might slowdown the plans to transform Lantau island from 100,000 to 1 million population.

I am not looking at Hong Kong as a permanent destination. Perhaps 6 months to a year until the next stage of JAMBOX is achieved. Perhaps maintain an office in HK if turns out there are game developers or other reasons to have an office there ongoing.

After feeling strong yesterday and sleeping, I woke up with diarrhea. I've been high dosing with sublingual oregano oil since awakening roughly 4 hours ago. The oregano oil seems to be getting it under control although I still feel a bit under the weather (but not worse than a mild flu feeling). Actually my body feels strong with that food and I sleep very well.

So this is another confirmation that my 4 year chronic illness is an infectious agent impacting my digestive system, which makes sense given the chronic phase began 4 years ago after being hospitalized for an acute peptic ulcer and h.pylori infection.

I mentioned previously that the oregano oil seems to have greatly diminished the occurrences of the pimples on face or tongue that precede a chronic fatigue syndrome relapse in the past. As well cleared up the "70 year old" skin look on my shoulders and upper back. And my CFS episodes are much milder. And mostly I just need to sleep more whereas before so insomniac.

The oregano oil is working great. Diarrhea appears to have abated. I am really hoping I am underway to being cured. I feel very hopeful with the way I can handle food and basically reverse any bad symptoms quite rapidly with high doses of the oregano oil.

I think it is time to get out of this sweltering climate. Need a change.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:30:25 PM

chinese miners are true freedom fighters ... which of you in the west would risk your necks to run a quasi-legal operation under a communist, totalitarian regime? They chop heads off in china, the chinese miners probably have a stronger ethos for freedom than a lot of the part-timers in the west who pay lip-service to freedom and then hand fat checks to the corrupt governments and banksters while they get the shaft from them.

Bitcoin mining has gravitated to the strongest hands, just as it was designed to be ... you cant truly know freedom until you have truly known oppression.

It may be true, but it is still not trustless decentralization.

Power corrupts absolutely and it will be no different an outcome if the power of mining is vested in too few people's hands.

CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:53:28 PM

I really liked Lamma Island when I visited there as a tourist many years ago.
Lots of expats not to developed and an easy ferry ride to Hong Kong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamma_Island

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:23:11 PM

I really liked Lamma Island when I visited there as a tourist many years ago.
Lots of expats not to developed and an easy ferry ride to Hong Kong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamma_Island

That is another choice to look into. That was the one some foreigner recommended to me a couple of years ago. Thanks for confirming you liked it and not so long ago.

Yeah I think Hong Kong is the easiest for me of my options for upgrading my environment later this year. I would return to the USA (and I might still do that), but then I can't bring my gf. I think it is unfair, she stuck with me when I was sick and I think she deserves to see something outside the Philippines. (it isn't like I can't find another female companion or date, for the trolls who will want to quote this)

I thought about Australia, given I know at least 3 guys there (2 from this forum and one old time friend from Philippines). I hear Australia is very expensive. And I don't think they will give her a visa, although I might consider Australia after Hong Kong (since might be more easy by that time to prove I am doing a real software startup and she is an employee).

Perhaps back to the USA in 2017 after Hong Kong. Probably can work out the visa for her by then, assuming my work plans succeed. And best for building a software company will be the USA.

OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:40:01 AM

TPTB

Please keep us up to date on your decisions to move or not.

I only visited HK once (with my wife as tourists about 1994), so can offer no guidance.  We did enjoy our time there though.  At that time, and perhaps now, there was a lot of economic activity there.  It is next to (and part of) China though, which for me would be a drawback.

Have you looked into Singapore?  I have not been there, but read good things about the place.  Singapore, last I heard, was looking for talent, maybe work would be easy to get?  Ya know, if you want it...  LOL.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 09:38:23 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 10:45:26 PM by TPTB_need_war

Have you looked into Singapore?  I have not been there, but read good things about the place.  Singapore, last I heard, was looking for talent, maybe work would be easy to get?  Ya know, if you want it...  LOL.

Singapore is too hot year round because it is too far south. I am looking for a cool climate (at least during winter) so I can work not in air conditioning. The past 2 days it has been cloudy and rainy in Davao and so much more pleasant for working (with the ceiling fan on).

I think also Australia, New Zealand, Chili (and maybe others) have special visa programs for those doing hi-tech startups. But I am looking for a short-term fix later this year. For the more permanent move out 2017ish, I'd like to consider getting out of overcrowded Asia.

I am not that worried about China impinging on me at this early juncture. Down the line it could be potentially be more risky since ostensibly China views open software as a threat to its control over propaganda.

Dink

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 06:52:16 PM

TPTB... a couple of questions I have just begun to read Martin Armstrong in conjuction with all the post you link him to.  I speculated that the US is headed for a financial crunch sooner then later.  It wasnt until I read your quote about rising interest rates and the in flow of dollars would be a contributing factor to the chaos, it makes the puzzle a bit more clear.  First, to you have a blog that you post to regularly that covers your economic thoughts as well as your idea to write your own coding language? 

Why the return to the US in 17-18 when things are projected to begin to decline?  Additionally would the launching of a new social platform be started out in jeporday if the economy is not able to support it because of its on going collapse?(you may ave covered this in your whitepaper, if so i can read it when it is issued)

Peace
Dink
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:44:12 PM

TPTB... a couple of questions I have just begun to read Martin Armstrong in conjuction with all the post you link him to.  I speculated that the US is headed for a financial crunch sooner then later.  It wasnt until I read your quote about rising interest rates and the in flow of dollars would be a contributing factor to the chaos, it makes the puzzle a bit more clear.  First, to you have a blog that you post to regularly that covers your economic thoughts as well as your idea to write your own coding language? 

Why the return to the US in 17-18 when things are projected to begin to decline?  Additionally would the launching of a new social platform be started out in jeporday if the economy is not able to support it because of its on going collapse?(you may ave covered this in your whitepaper, if so i can read it when it is issued)

Peace
Dink

Please read the past few pages of the Martin Armstrong thread in the Economics forum. Also the Economic Totalitarianism thread there. I also contributed a lot to the Economic Devastation thread.

Sorry I don't have an more organized resource of my commentary to offer.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 11:40:35 AM

My logic on why iterators are often an anti-pattern:

https://users.rust-lang.org/t/most-coveted-rust-features/324/60

Iterators are opaque semantics.

I was corrected and learned something new and very fundamentally important! Excellent:

https://users.rust-lang.org/t/most-coveted-rust-features/324/63

trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 12:06:08 PM

I have just returned from a holiday around New Zealand, I highly recommend the North Island, north of Wellington the climate is very pleasant.

They also don't seem to be as strict with visas as Australia.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 12:12:12 PM

I have just returned from a holiday around New Zealand, I highly recommend the North Island, north of Wellington the climate is very pleasant.

They also don't seem to be as strict with visas as Australia.

Okay this might be a good choice to consider after Hong Kong. I think a winter stay in Hong Kong would establish my gf to make it easier to qualify for the visas. Applying from Hong Kong instead of the Philippines, I think will give a better impression. Also hopefully JAMBOX is rolling by then as well.

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: