May 13, 2024, 12:51:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Viᖚes (social currency unit)?
like - 27 (27.6%)
might work - 10 (10.2%)
dislike - 17 (17.3%)
prefer tech name, e.g. factom, ion, ethereum, iota, epsilon - 15 (15.3%)
prefer explicit currency name, e.g. net⚷eys, neㄘcash, ᨇcash, mycash, bitoken, netoken, cyberbit, bitcash - 2 (2%)
problematic - 2 (2%)
offending / repulsive - 4 (4.1%)
project objectives unrealistic or incorrect - 10 (10.2%)
biased against lead dev or project ethos - 11 (11.2%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [neㄘcash, ᨇcash, net⚷eys, or viᖚes?] Name AnonyMint's vapor coin?  (Read 95218 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tromp
Legendary

Activity: 978
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:32:06 AM

So far we have proposed Sync (a.k.a syᕱᕳ, BlocSync, Bitsync, Ƀitsync) for the consensus network on which many assets may co-exist.

And we have proposed Bits (a.k.a Ƀits, Bitcash, Ƀitscash, or Ƀitscoin) for the currency name:

Please add a new option:

"stop obsessing over the name and get coding already!"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:37:02 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 05:59:42 AM by TPTB_need_war

I am resetting the poll again, so we can get votes relevant to the choices I will realistically consider accepting, so I can know the Altcoin forum community perspective towards my current choices. There is a slight chance the community's vote could sway me to another direction on the naming. The more likely point of this (probably final) poll is just so I know better the thinking of this Altcoin forum community. I do not think this Altcoin community is indicatve of the broad user market. It will be a potentially useful baseline data to have a record, so future polls and results in amongst different demographics (or even this same community over time) can be compared.

Here is a record of the prior two votes.

The poll has been reset because we added many name choices after the start of poll. So that everyone can revote, because I think the polls don't enable voters change their vote. The prior poll results are captured in the image below.

Since those who are not interested or don't like any of the name choices had already expressed their opinion in the above image capture of the prior poll results, then the new pool does not offer these choices so we can focus on choosing a name from the available ideas.

Please add a new option:

All feedback is welcome and yours is useful because it explains why I would get a negative reaction from someone like you. You only relate to engineering and code. That is fine, I wear that hat most often. But I also wear other hats occasionally and that is why you can not relate at this time because I am wearing my marketing hat.

Organizing plans first is more important than coding first, because one who wastes his time coding that which they have to throw away and start over again, does not make progress. Working smarter is much more astute than working blindly harder. One could dig a trench with a spoon, or get organized and use a bulldozer. Or better yet, realize the city government is digging the trench next week, so do nothing and wait.

One who lets names and marketing priorities slip away because they are always coding, is relegated for life to being just a coder. Many people can code (such as yourself). Very few people can code on something that is worth coding. The marketing people make the big money, and the coders slave away for salary.

If you show no interest in naming, then you are only a coder. So you wouldn't understand. That doesn't give you the expertise to criticize me. How many million user products have your produced by yourself tromp?

Edit: tromp one of the issues I was trying to sort out was whether I was going to discard the more playful and fun types of social names for a currency. And also to sort out whether I had sufficient high quality options such any of the choices encounter irrevocable pitfalls down the line. And to make sure I had registered (only the) key domains needed to protect the desired choices and range of quality plan B options.

Edit#: I added alias for the option you requested, "i'm biased against you or your style".

It is notable that some people will complain about me posting 2 - 3 times per day in my thread, yet there is a higher post volume in the AEON thread and they mostly talk about how many coins they are buying, exchange volume, liquidity, etc.. As if investor clique masturbation is coding.  Roll Eyes

Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:08:22 AM

Ok, my last suggestion Wink

Smartsync, smartbits, smartcash

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:30:49 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 06:52:15 PM by TPTB_need_war

Ok, my last suggestion Wink

Smartsync, smartbits, smartcash

I really appreciate the opportunities to see how others think and then respond with my thinking.

This appears to be in category, "descriptive name, e.g. clickz, mycash, bitoken, netoken, cyberbit".

What does smart say that is unique about our project or the target audience?

Smartdraw was a product that helped you draw because it was smart enough to know how shapes aligned, e.g. flow charting shapes.

I think what people want for the block chain network is consistency (no double spends, no errant scripts for programmable block chain), omnipresence, instantaneous, and powerful (programmable).

I think what people want from their currency is ubiquity, liquidity, stability, utility, permission-less, autonomous, fungible, and anonymous. I don't see how smart really talks to those attributes. I think it will be impossible to find one term that describes all those qualities. Thus I look at a high tech fundamental such as Ƀits as enabling all those qualities. K.I.S.S. then brand in the users experience and mind those qualities to the simplest term that can't have any copycat variants such as "Magicbits, Masterbits, Accubits, Bestbits, Pseudobits, Gurubits, Sagebits, Solidbits, Zepherbits, Fastbits, Instabits, etc". In 2014 I did a poll and one of the name choices was ubiqoin. The variants never end and thus none of them are brandable. It becomes a sea of altcoin names.

For the social networking currency, I think the target demographic wants it simple, fun, friendly. Want to capture that in name that they can relate to instantly. "Cha-ching" and "cool cash" seems to be a perfect fit. If we name it something else they might not get that it is money. It was clear that Facebook was a site for faces. Friendster was a site for friends. Monero is money I suppose, but is that as much fun to say as "send me some cool cash" or "send me some cha-ching"?

It is possible that coolbits is superior to coolcash. Thanks for causing me to think of that. I like the sound of coolbits.

Edit: I am getting sleepy so I my reasoning or expression of it may be lacking.

Afaics 'smart' doesn't speak to any unique brandable quality.

I am really liking 'coolbits', as it rolls off the tongue much better than "cool cash". It is congruent with the 'Bits' theme. And it has a social networking vibe to it, e.g. my 'privatebits' are cool. The reason I think 'coolbits' doesn't get lost in a sea of '___bits' names is because 'cool' fits the social networking demographic very well. Other descriptive words prepended to '____bits' do not appeal to the demographic, e.g. 'accubits'.

Also I thinking that in this self-publishing (two-way) media of the internet (as opposed to TV and printed media), that users want to express themselves. Although you want money to be universally accepted, people still may have preferences when speaking about money as a social internet concept. With crypto-tokens it should be possible to convert between them in real-time (assuming liquid markets) so that people can express themselves in terms of their preferred named token.

Thus maybe what I should do is have 3 merged-mined currencies with 3 different levels of debasement and money supply, so the market can express itself both in terms of naming preferences and also the complex interaction of different currencies with different rates of inflation and velocities of money. When you mine a winning block, you received some of each currency.

DebasementMoney SupplyName & Currency Unit
~0%1 billionɃits
~5%1 trillionCꙭlbits
~10%1 quadrillionCha-ching (or we chan if we prefer)

f2000

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:33:51 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 03:09:20 PM by f2000

I've typed this up so many times, but keep forgetting to post it. If you think you can get away with Bits, I would go with that. Project and denominations (is that the right word?) share the same name, cant get much simpler than that. When you start with a project name, but the currency is different and the denominations different again, dont you think it becomes messy and hard to understand?

(I think) that is why Bitcoin, Ethereum and a few others work really well and sound great in multiple scenarios

Projectname (Denominations)
Bitcoin
"Can you send me some Bitcoin"
Dont need to learn multiple names, (almost) self explanatory.

Ethereum
Ether
"Can you send me some Ether"
Again, very simple as its just a shortened version of the project name.

Sync
Bits/Chan?/...
"Can you send me some Chan"
"Can you send me some Bits"
I was reading this thread on my mobile and misread Chan for Chain (which I love), but it seems there is already a company in the space called chain (https://chain.com/). Perhaps its where I'm from in the world, but Chan doesn't sound right (no doubt a personal thing.) Bits sounds more natural to me and I think its great (again, if you think you can get away with it).

A few others to ponder over...(got more in the house will post them up tonight)

Chain (Links, linx, lynx?) [Although it sounds neat, I'm not sure it adds up)
Yoonit (Units) [Perhaps a bit childish, but I have been struggling to come up something. Sometimes a made up name]
Verto (Verts) [Latin: turn, swap, change, translate, render, exchange]

Also, just thought I would add that adding cool to something (ie, being fashionably attractive or impressive) more or less does the opposite. I usually find when it comes to design/branding keeping it simple so that it stands the test of time. If you find yourself adding stuff in to pad it out, they things are usually the first to go.

TLDR; Ƀits is awesome, best bet so far.

EDIT: A bit off topic, but this might interest you as I saw you talking about it earlier:
"U+20BF BITCOIN SIGN was just accepted at #UTC145, to be included in a future version of the standard"
http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2015/15229-bitcoin-sign.pdf
https://twitter.com/ken_lunde/status/661351862155669506
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:19:31 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 10:39:09 PM by TPTB_need_war

Chain (Links, linx, lynx?) [Although it sounds neat, I'm not sure it adds up)
Yoonit (Units) [Perhaps a bit childish, but I have been struggling to come up something. Sometimes a made up name]
Verto (Verts) [Latin: turn, swap, change, translate, render, exchange]

Before I absorb your post entirely, I woke up with some ideas (my subconscious thoughts) for alternatives to Sync for the project name:

Maestro
Certiorari  (I bet this was planted into my subconscious from my recent legal research where the Supreme Court issued writ of certiorari)
Writ
Virtuoso
Doyen
Deft
Adept
Adroit

What separates these from 'smart' is the implication of speed, dexterity, and/or harmonious coordination/certification.

Of those I liike Maestro and Deft the most. Maestro is in a similar trademark situation as Sync, and I think it is safe enough to use it. Deft has no trademark issues (only use is redirection to rescue.com for computer repair), there are better domains available such as deft.network (although Mæstro.net/.biz are available). Virtuoso is okay but 8 letters long, somewhat difficult to spell. All of these alternatives to Sync don't combine as well with Ƀits or Bloc, should we prefer to qualify as in ɃitSync or BlocSync. For me, Sync is the most descriptive. Synchronized means everything occurring consistency at the same time, thus massive parallelism and instantaneous. Maestro (and Writ, Certiorari, Virtuoso) means one who harmoniously coordinates, but it implies a more top-down coordination and doesn't imply always consistent, rather just a harmonious flow. In other words Maestro loses the instantaneous or fast meaning. Deft has the fast meaning but doesn't convey the parallel consistently, i.e. synchronization. I really think there is no more precise term than Sync for the block chain network.

I assume the meaning you want to capture with Chain and Link, is that the record of the history is securely interlocked. Some other ideas are Woven, Twill. I think it doesn't add up because we want to say something unique about a block chain that Bitcoin doesn't do. I had thought of Weave for an anonymous coin, but that isn't the primary focus of my work. Besides I don't think we say 'anonymous' when we say 'cash'; rather we assume it is.

Now on to the currency unit names...

Yoonit I really like a lot. Very creative, brandable, and great sound. The best idea by far that anyone has given me in this thread. This is a strong alternative to coolbits and I can't decide which I like more. The currency symbol could be ¥ for the larger unit and ꙭ for the smaller units. I don't think there is necessarily any benefit to it sounding like 'unit', so we could use Yoobit instead. In that case, in means "your bit" or "personal money". We want something slightly childish or cartoonish for the social media market. The Asians in particular endear cuteness and youth. If Ƀits is the main serious currency unit, then ¥ꙭbits is the personal ("you"), social context currency unit. Seems to work well conceptually, is one letter shorter than Coolbits, and has a more apropos meaning of "you" (personal, private, autonomous) than "cool" which applies more to the social acceptability and utility of the money (where it is useful in cool settings and applications).

tromp
Legendary

Activity: 978
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:48:13 PM

you can not relate at this time because I am wearing my marketing hat.

I can relate just fine. Name-obsessing is a nice way of "working on" your coin design and much more fun than working on the implementation.

But the former should not be an excuse for delaying the latter. Even while coding you'll
need frequent breaks and those are good times to do name pondering. I can see you settling on a name in a few weeks, then start coding, and then in a few months announcing that you've come up with an even better name.

I do have some interest in naming. I was just lucky that my PoW has an obvious name
that seems right in every way so I could avoid spending more time on that part.

Don't take my suggestion as criticism. It is part joke (with an implied :-) and part impatience to see more of your actual design. Your alias completely misrepresents my sentiment...
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:50:36 PM

Bitcoin-NG: A Scalable Blockchain Protocol

http://arxiv.org/abs/1510.02037
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:55:56 PM

Why not create a token that can be named by the user, or by region of use.

A worldwide currency, with regional names but one blockchain, or interchange
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:03:12 PM

much more fun than working on the implementation.

Actually it is not more fun for me. It is agonizing both in terms of level of thrashing in the creative (art) process and because I have much better daily satisfaction when there is some tangible new code completed every day. Naming is not satisfying because it is very rare that you please everyone with a name and get the satisfaction of accomplishment. The naming is only really proven out in the user adoption market. For example, when I selected CoolPage, I didn't even bother to tell anyone (family, etc) and proceeded to let the performance in the market prove it. I think Ethereum (combined with their slick marketing) was able to get altcoin speculators to wet their pants. I don't think I will be able to do that with the naming direction I am on, because I am trying to think in terms of user adoption. Ethereum was not targeting users and instead was targeting investors. Altcoin investors do not seem to be targeting users either, rather they are targeting each other in a greater fool ecosystem. This needs to change. I intend to change it. So I won't really get recognition on this until I prove it, or fail (yikes).

The most satisfaction I had in a long time was the months of March and April, where I programmed a dating/social network per-per-message site. I was even getting into features such as resampling images on the client side in Javascript so that uploads from mobile phones would stop timing out. The major bummer and probably the reason I came back to the altcoin work, is because I couldn't monetize that site with the credit card model of payment. I needed permission-less commerce micro-payments, but they do not exist on this earth yet.

So please bear with me, I am almost done on the naming. Seems like there really isn't any alternative to Sync (but I want to make sure) and 'bits' works well as a base (as I will explain in the next post as a retort to those who think this direction is "problemmatic", especially yoobits wow so brandable but let that sit for a day or two to see if the excitement sticks).

The Ethereum currency units suck for user adoption. What are they again? ethers, finneys, cubeloids, hemorrhoids, parkersonians, geekalots  Huh

But the former should not be an excuse for delaying the latter. Even while coding you'll
need frequent breaks and those are good times to do name pondering.

I don't believe naming works that way. This is why companies have a VP of marketing (e.g. Steve Guttman the product manager for Adobe Photoshop, then the company I worked for on Corel Painter, and later at Microsoft). I been doing that sporadic naming process since 2014 and the result has been a lot of poor ideas, unsettling, and thrashing (perhaps the best from that 2014 process was 'dots' as a social money but I much prefer 'yoobits', 'coolbits', 'cha-ching'). Marketing requires focus. CoolPage was reasonably obvious because one of the market leaders was Microsoft FrontPage, so it didn't require much deliberation. But this crypto-token naming is much more difficult because not only need to stand out amongst 1000 copycoins, but also we are attempting to name very abstract concepts that people normally take as implicit and not universally named (e.g. money). New monies are not invented often. As well this very abstract concept of money that doesn't physically exist and has no authority, yet is verified (decentralized).

I can see you settling on a name in a few weeks, then start coding, and then in a few months announcing that you've come up with an even better name.

It is possible a better name could be thought of in time, but by putting so much intense thought into it now in one focused spurt, then it becomes less likely. Although the permutation space of English letters is astronomical, the cross-sectional space of apt meanings, phonetic beauty, and spelling sanity is I presume much smaller. Not many great names came to me in sporadic thinking since 2014.

Also another thing is that I don't take downtime when coding. My version of downtime is going out for a hard run for 30 minutes, then right back on the computer. When I was younger, I needed a lot of downtime but that wasn't for thinking, it was for sports, partying, dating, and social interaction. And when I did that downtime, I got completely away from my work and stopped doing it (e.g. after several years of working non-stop under my desk on WordUp in my 20s, I got burned out). I am so social that if I don't bury myself, then I will be easily distracted. So for me, the switch is on or off on coding. I don't mix coding with other activities much. Really I am not balanced person. I tend to do either social or coding, but they don't mix well for me because I am an extrovert. I become introverted only because I am totally engrossed in that creative process. So I have to stay continuously on it, yearning to complete the next task, and the next one. If I start mixing going out to social events and then coming back to work, my work falls apart. Because again I am naturally an extrovert and would gleefully spend all my time doing sports, partying, dating, and goofing off if I didn't feel a higher calling or motivation.

What has been so difficult for me since 2012 is that the illness prevented me from doing the intensity that I need to maintain the momentum of being totally engrossed and motivated by the daily accomplishments. I did briefly regain that form in April 2015, and then I fell apart healthwise by late-July or so (ended up on a 10 day water only fast in August, and spiraling into nearly severe debilitation in September). Now I am on a new therapy for the past 3+ weeks, I've been able to go full blast every day (which is so very encouraging but I still have days or moments where I think that debilitating malaise might be returning, but then I amp up the anti-oxidants/supplements regimen and sleep a lot and feel better again, so hopefully I have a therapy/diet that works).

I do have some interest in naming. I was just lucky that my PoW has an obvious name
that seems right in every way so I could avoid spending more time on that part.

Yeah those are beautiful. CoolPage was like that. I expended weeks on deciding on the Art-O-matic name and logo concept (and it was my least successful downloadable software project). WordUp (word processor) was easy because I was so carefree in that young age and just nonchalantly adopted the name from a rap song I liked. Back in those days I didn't even ask anyone's opinion. I borrowed $5,000 from my father and ordered 10,000 units of software packaging inventory with that name on it, before I had even completed the project and before it was even known if I could figure out how to distribute a software product (my first venture). I was much more of a maverick at that age. But I was young and nothing to fear (plenty of energy and time to burn). Now I have to be somewhat more circumspect given my age, health, etc.. Btw, I conceptually designed all of the following (and all the text is exclusively mine in my early 20s) and worked very closely with a (female) artist. On CoolPage and Art-O-matic, I worked with a male filipino artist.

Don't take my suggestion as criticism. It is part joke (with an implied :-) and part impatience to see more of your actual design. Your alias completely misrepresents my sentiment...

I understand. This forum is very difficult to navigate. There are so many different aspects of male competition going on. I am not contented to go with the flow and thus I take a lot of heat. It is difficult to discern the level of support versus other more negative vibes. It would be very difficult to imagine my mental state. Imagine you've been battling against being a zombie basket case, simultaneously trying to do too much and being too controversial. I wake up discombobulated as if been tossed around in a washing machine, because I have so many open threads of work that aren't brought to a cohesive end yet. And so many ongoing fights or undercurrents that come flying out of the woodwork left and right.

I will relish going dark.

If I thought I could do the naming all by myself, I would have. The process of being forced to write down my logic and thought process has pushed me towards refinement. Yoobits did not come from me exclusively.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:28:33 PM

Why not create a token that can be named by the user, or by region of use.

Because currency markets aren't built from the bottom-up. Individuals would squabble over different ideas and money needs to be universally accepted. Leaders have to give direction which groups naturally follow.

A worldwide currency, with regional names but one blockchain, or interchange

On the internet there are no country barriers, rather cultural and perhaps language. But money even tends to transcend language barriers, because people need to exchange value with those in other cultures.

I rather see money stratifying on type of use cases, e.g. for your $millions in stored value, you don't want that in a currency that is debased 10% per annum (unless the growth of adoption of the currency is outpacing the debasement, but then you are making a speculative investment, and not parking in a store-of-value). These use cases also dictate a demeanor which implies the sort of name which will would appeal to the use case demographic.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:30:36 PM

OK.

Good points.

I'll stick with just a simple name, like: ToDaMoon
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:38:34 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 10:34:10 PM by TPTB_need_war

I'lld stick with just a simple name, like: ToDaMoon

Then your marketing demographic is speculators. I am selecting currency names that target use case (user) demographics. Users of micro-transactions are not motivated by the increasing appreciation of those units, because they are going to spend them immediately. The use case is for the utility that the currency gives, not for a store-of-value nor speculation. See the table in my prior post (I may have added it after you replied), which details why I think there are three stratifications of money on the internet going forward. In addition to the marketing stratification, I think money itself has to have competing variants as I proposed up thread:

Thus maybe what I should do is have 3 merged-mined currencies with 3 different levels of debasement and money supply, so the market can express itself both in terms of naming preferences and also the complex interaction of different currencies with different rates of inflation and velocities of money. When you mine a winning block, you received some of each currency.

DebasementMoney SupplyName & Currency Unit
~0%1 billionɃits
~5%1 trillionCꙭlbits
~10%1 quadrillionCha-ching (or we chan if we prefer)

The advantage to users of micro-transactions of a higher debasement rate, is that money will have a much higher velocity of money, because no one has a great incentive to hold it a long time (except as a speculative investment). Thus they will have a better opportunity to attain some. The problem Bitcoin and all crytocurrency has is the investors HODL. That is retarding its adoption! It is very difficult to get investors to understand this (Inflatacoin wasn't successful), so the clever way I have devised is to have merge-mined currencies with different debasement rates. Let the HODLers go more into Ƀits[1], but watch them get jealous when speculators[1] made more gains in Cha-ching due to faster adoption. So then a market arbitrage takes place and the market will figure out the balance. This is sort of like a bimetallic money standard effect.

[1] Disclaimer: I am not promoting any expectation of profits. Investors and speculators will likely lose money at the start. Adoption must precede long-term investment gains.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:54:01 PM

I do find your posts very interesting.

But you're failing to grasp why Darkcoin became so well supported and has a strong community spirit - I call it bubble gum crypto.

Sure serious is important, but serious every minute, hour of every day? No. No. No. A bit of fun mixed in with the serious stuff goes a long way.

There, secrets out. I think I gave that away too cheap. Maybe I should have written it on a shiny scroll and auctioned it off for 1m Clickz.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:00:44 PM

Here is an example of a bit of fun I posted on Darkcoin around August '14 when there was some sitting around and people were getting restless with waiting for a release candidate:

On this is the eve of crypto battle.

RC4 is almost upon us and we prepare to liberate the world, not to conquer.

We will not fly our flags in each country. We are entering the world stage to free the people and the only flag which will be flown in all their lands is their own.

Show respect for them.

There are some who are hodlers at this moment who will sell shortly.

Those who do not wish to go on this journey, we will not send.

As for the others, I expect you to rock the world.

Take the Number 2 position and be proud of your place.

Litecoin veered from privacy and exposed their people to dangers.

Wipe out Litecoin if that is what they choose.

You will see things that no man has seen before -

But if you are ferocious in battle remember to be magnanimous in victory.

Bitcoin is steeped in history. It is the site of the Crypto Garden of Eden and the birthplace of Satoshi.

Tread lightly there.

In battle remember this - you will have to go a long way to find a more decent, generous and upright people than the ordinary Litecoin miners.

You will be embarrassed by their hospitality even though they have nothing.

Don't treat them as refugees for they are in their own little world and corralled by their moderators.

Their children will be poor, in years to come they will know that the true light of liberation in their lives was brought by you.

You are the lite in their remaining hours of DRKness.

If there are casualties of crypto war then remember that when they woke up and got dressed in the morning they did not plan to lose everything on the day of RC4.

Allow them dignity in financial death.

Bury them properly and mark their graves.

It is our foremost intention to bring every single one of you out rich.

But there may be people among us who will not see the end of this campaign. We will mark their contributions, but

There will be no time for sorrow.

The Litecoin should be in no doubt that we are his nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction.

There are many regional Darkcoiners who have stains on their souls and they are stoking the fires of hell for Charlie Lee.

He and his forces will be destroyed by this coalition for what they have done to miners. Miners that have endured high bills, low wages and now face ruin for favor of the ASICs.

As they lose everything they will know their deeds have brought them to this place. Show them no pity.

It is a big step to take another Coins life. It is not to be done lightly.

I know of men who have trolled needlessly in other threads. I can assure you they live with the mark of Cain upon them.

If someone surrenders to you then remember they have that right. Show them some help with setting up Master Nodes, and bat files. Ensure that one day they go home to their family rich.

The ones who wish to fight, well, we aim to please.

If you harm the DarkCoin or its history by over-enthusiasm in trolling, know it is your family who will suffer. You will be shunned unless your conduct is of the highest - for your deeds will follow you down through history. As their transactions will forever echo through eternity.

We will bring shame on neither our Coin or our Devs.

It is not a question of if, it's a question of when.

If we survive the first RC4 strike we will survive the attack. We will win the battle and be on our way to winning the fiat war.

As for ourselves, let's bring everyone home rich and leave Crypto a better place for us having been there.

Our business now is North; to the moon.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:04:12 PM

I do find your posts very interesting.

But you're failing to grasp why Darkcoin became so well supported and has a strong community spirit - I call it bubble gum crypto.

Sure serious is important, but serious every minute, hour of every day? No. No. No. A bit of fun mixed in with the serious stuff goes a long way.

There, secrets out. I think I gave that away too cheap. Maybe I should have written it on a shiny scroll and auctioned it off for 1m Clickz.

Anyone who is looking for me to come up with a gimmick to get speculators to pile into a pump, has the wrong developer. There are many other developers who will target that business model.

I am going for serious user adoption and to take on Bitcoin in markets that it is not adept at fulfilling.

I will not be targeting investors nor speculators. If I succeed, they will come around later once they see the adoption and then we have a serious phenomenon and not just another one year fad. Those speculators who take the risk of coming in early when I am not promoting to investors, will either lose everything because my plan is shit or they will end up being early scavengers of the next Bitcoin phenom.

P.S. I was fully aware of the model of DarkCoin, because I helped Evan do it. I was the one who challenged him on using CoinJoin because I reminded him that I had shot down CoinJoin as jammable in Gregory Maxwell's thread when I refuted Greg's claim that adversaries could be blacklisted (which I ponder has to lead to the subsequent ego battle for Greg et al w.r.t. to me). In any case, that interaction between Evan and I and some of my suggestions as to what was technically feasible, lead to masternodes. I quickly realized that this was about a meme, more than a long-term viable technology. Rather than make myself an enemy of all those naive fanboiz, I just agreed that it would work well enough for the time being. And it did! (for the purpose which was to drive speculative investment).

That is all fine and dandy, except it doesn't float my boat. At this stage of my life, I want to do something serious.

The currency names I have chosen are fun for the users. The users are the ones I love. I am not in a particularly love fest with speculators, but I also welcome them but I am not going to just create a product for them and forsake the users.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:10:51 PM

phenom

Is that a good abstract name for a crypto-project?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Phenom

Phenom

An outstanding or unusual person or thing.

phenoms

1) Of or relating to a phenomenon; 2) Exceedingly or unbelievably great

Phenom

To be "Phenomenal" at something, or to be a person of certain great qualities that just can't be described. Not necessarily a prodigy, but certainly special. They posses a certain "it factor" about themselves, something that goes beyond the exterior but comes from their core and radiates out.

True phenoms exude qualities such as ambition, caring, respect, honor, integrity, and all around character. They are the people you look at and although others may not see it, you know that they are going to be big one day.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:11:48 PM

I am going for serious user adoption...

I've got just two words for you: Candy Crunch.

Serious money, serious investors, serious fun.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:13:23 PM

phenom

Is that a good abstract name for crypto-project?

How would you say it in India, you know, at a train station? Or, how would it be spoken in Japan, China or Brazil?
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:20:25 PM

[rambling promotion to get naive speculators to buy RC4 of Darkcoin]

Yeah that works. And Dash now (given by activity in its forums and other rough analysis) has about 10 users and a market cap which is fake.

Dash is the epitome of an echo chamber, and ditto the Altcoin Discussion forum is relatively to the millions and billions of users out there. Because the speculators here in this forum are not even thinking or planning about how to get usership. Rather they think/scheme about how to mine each other.

Either the pie must be made larger, or the slices of the pie must be fought over. This forum and altcoins are in the latter mode.

I am going for serious user adoption...

I've got just two words for you: Candy Crunch.

Serious money, serious investors, serious fun.

And serious levels of user adoption, which no altcoin can claim.

No one and no one has yet targeted the users with an altcoin. Period.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: