Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:47:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: End the negative appearance of Bitcoin and BitcoinTalk.  (Read 4858 times)
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 01:50:35 PM

Really should be kind to other people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 02:28:16 PM

Regarding the scan accusation section, I think that section is very important. The trust page is not for discussion, you cannot discuss with other people why you think someone is a scammer and whether others think that the lettering deserves trust. The scan accusations section allows people to do that. Accusers and post their proof, and the accused can defend themselves. The section is like the court, where people determine whether someone is a scammer and the trust given is then the punishments.
No, it really is not.

What is stopping someone from doing a discussion on somebody privately? Making a standing ovation is unnecessary. That forum is being abused, and turned into an outlet for unneeded harassment.

Some people are wrongly judged. We don't have to discuss other people. If you want to know if somebody is worth your time, talk to them personally. Don't talk about them behind their back. I had no idea that thread about me existed until perhaps 3 days later I was messaged about it. I never really thought anything of it at the time, but then I finally had an opportunity to sit and read the comments, and none of them make sense, or are even accurate.

If people want proof about who I am, they need to talk to me personally. Not make threads about me. I never intentionally attacked Mitchell on his age. I never threatened other users. I'm not lying about who I am.

Lies, lies, lies, and more lies.

Why should it be done privately? If one person thinks you are a scammer, then multiple people might, so you would have to prove yourself over and over again to people who think you are scamming. Secondly, having it public allows other public opinions to weigh in. Trusted members and people who have been here for a while can weigh in and give their opinions. Furthermore, if someone really is a scammer, then they need negative trust. Having a public discussion about someone scamming ensures that people on Default Trust will see the discussion and neg the person, instead of just one guy giving negative feedback which no one else sees or trusts. If you suggest that they can just pm DT members with the proof that you scammed, that proof can be manipulated, quotes that you say or that the accuser says can be changed. Having it public makes it so that it is more difficult to change what was previously said because people have seen it and may have quoted it. The edit times also indicate whether a post has been modified and for big scammers, theymos or badbear can even revert the posts so that people can see what has actually been said.

As for discussing people behind their backs, it isn't. The scam accusations are completely public. If you are active in the marketplace selling things, you should keep an eye on the scam accusations section just to make sure that no one opens an accusation against you. I also think it is common courtesy to give the person warning and inform them that you have opened an accusation against them. Send a few PMs several days before and inform them that they have X days to complete the deal or you will open a scam accusation. Then when you do open one, you send them the link to the accusation thread so that they can also give their side of the story.
But I'm not a scammer, and some others are not. As far as I'm concerned, I would never try to scam anyone.

It amazes me that the only person that said something positive about me on my feedback page is the only one with a risked BTC amount. That indicates that people should talk to me personally to find out if I'm really a bad person.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 02:29:14 PM

Sorry, I disagree. I love Bitcointalk as is. I cannot follow when you talk about it making a particularly negative appearance. It must be a very subjective impression. There are some trolls, some scammers  but you can easily ignore them/don't have to do business with them. Done.
That's you, but that's not me.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 02:59:18 PM

I like the forum. Learnt a lot of things about Bitcoin and altcoins here, and have not noticed much strife between users. There is much more in other more generalistic forums.

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:01:35 PM

I like the forum. Learnt a lot of things about Bitcoin and altcoins here, and have not noticed much strife between users. There is much more in other more generalistic forums.
Your trust is neutral, so you might not know what I'm talking about until you actually become a worker here.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 04:38:34 PM

But I'm not a scammer, and some others are not. As far as I'm concerned, I would never try to scam anyone.

It amazes me that the only person that said something positive about me on my feedback page is the only one with a risked BTC amount. That indicates that people should talk to me personally to find out if I'm really a bad person.
If someone thinks that you will scam, they can neg trust you. They can open a scam accusation against you if they think you will scam to key others know.

Why do people need to talk to you personally to find out if you are trustworthy or not? They shouldn't need that. You should post publicly in such a way that is trustworthy or at the very least, not support sketchy or seemingly not trustworthy.

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:04:54 AM

If someone thinks that you will scam, they can neg trust you. They can open a scam accusation against you if they think you will scam to key others know.

Why do people need to talk to you personally to find out if you are trustworthy or not? They shouldn't need that. You should post publicly in such a way that is trustworthy or at the very least, not support sketchy or seemingly not trustworthy.
To me, that doesn't make any sense. If somebody wants to know who I am, they need to talk to me.

You basically just said that other people can post terribly incorrect information about me, yet, they don't know me personally at all. That doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not trying to be rude when I say that, but it honestly doesn't. I'm the only one on this site that knows me personally. Not strangers.

People should talk to me to get to know me. Not talk to others to get to know me.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:06:12 AM

By the way everyone, I've made more transactions on this site than you think. Those people just haven't posted any feedback about me. 

I will ask if they will.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 04:11:40 AM

To me, that doesn't make any sense. If somebody wants to know who I am, they need to talk to me.

You basically just said that other people can post terribly incorrect information about me, yet, they don't know me personally at all. That doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not trying to be rude when I say that, but it honestly doesn't. I'm the only one on this site that knows me personally. Not strangers.

People should talk to me to get to know me. Not talk to others to get to know me.
I did not say any of that, you are misunderstanding my words.

When you post on this forum, you are talking to everyone. People who read your posts will get different impressions. If they get the impression that you are acting in an untrustworthy manner or in a sketchy way, then they can give you negative trust on the suspicion that you might scam. They are getting to know you by what you are putting out there publicly. Instead of making it so that people should get to know you in a private conversation, why don't make it so that whenever you post, you do so in a way that reflects yourself and so that people can get to know you by the way you talk publicly (post).

People can post whatever information they want, regardless of whether they know you personally or not. If they had to know you personally to post info, then most of the scammers here would still be scamming. No one really knows who they are personally. That logic just does not follow.

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:17:39 AM

I did not say any of that, you are misunderstanding my words.

When you post on this forum, you are talking to everyone. People who read your posts will get different impressions. If they get the impression that you are acting in an untrustworthy manner or in a sketchy way, then they can give you negative trust on the suspicion that you might scam. They are getting to know you by what you are putting out there publicly. Instead of making it so that people should get to know you in a private conversation, why don't make it so that whenever you post, you do so in a way that reflects yourself and so that people can get to know you by the way you talk publicly (post).

People can post whatever information they want, regardless of whether they know you personally or not. If they had to know you personally to post info, then most of the scammers here would still be scamming. No one really knows who they are personally. That logic just does not follow.
But the scammers here still scam regardless. It doesn't matter if they have negative trust or what, because they jump on alternate accounts.

Point is: Why should you take somebody else's word on how another person is? You can't make your own educated analysis?

Do you know them personally? No. So don't talk about them unless you have proof to back up your claims. In my negative feedback thread, you'll see all the commenters have no proof at all about what they're discussing about me.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 04:24:45 AM

But the scammers here still scam regardless. It doesn't matter if they have negative trust or what, because they jump on alternate accounts.

Point is: Why should you take somebody else's word on how another person is? You can't make your own educated analysis?

Do you know them personally? No. So don't talk about them unless you have proof to back up your claims. In my negative feedback thread, you'll see all the commenters have no proof at all about what they're discussing about me.
Scammers do still scan, but it becomes harder with negative trust and having to constantly just new accounts.

I agree, you shouldn't just take somebody's word for it. Which is why there is the option for a reference link in the trust page. Those references allow you to check the accusers claim and think for yourself. And got even accusers do that. They create threads in scam accusations where they post ask of their proof for you to evaluate yourself and then reference that when they neg trust.

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:25:09 AM

Really should be kind to other people.
Mhm! <3
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:29:02 AM

Scammers do still scan, but it becomes harder with negative trust and having to constantly just new accounts.

I agree, you shouldn't just take somebody's word for it. Which is why there is the option for a reference link in the trust page. Those references allow you to check the accusers claim and think for yourself. And got even accusers do that. They create threads in scam accusations where they post ask of their proof for you to evaluate yourself and then reference that when they neg trust.
True. However, it is not unnecessary.

It just seems like an outlet to get harassed. 
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 04:43:08 AM

From your experience, it may seem like they but really, that section is vital for serving proof that someone had scammed. It is the only place where people can post their proof that someone is an alt of a scammer, or proof that someone scammed in a private deal, etc. It is the only place to discuss those scams, where people can post proof or the accused can debunk the proof. If shouldn't be removed, it just needs some moderation to remove the spam.

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:45:48 AM

From your experience, it may seem like they but really, that section is vital for serving proof that someone had scammed. It is the only place where people can post their proof that someone is an alt of a scammer, or proof that someone scammed in a private deal, etc. It is the only place to discuss those scams, where people can post proof or the accused can debunk the proof. If shouldn't be removed, it just needs some moderation to remove the spam.
They can post all of that on a person's trust rank page.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 04:51:09 AM

But there isn't any discussion. The accused can't respond to a trust, at least, not in the public forum. Other people can't weigh in to inform of the legitimacy of the proof, and they can't post to add to the proof either. Also, those are typically not seen. If the proof is in untrusted feedback, few people would see it. It doesn't prompt default trust members to act like a scam accusation post does. Then we would have a problem where more people get scammed.

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:55:35 AM

But there isn't any discussion. The accused can't respond to a trust, at least, not in the public forum. Other people can't weigh in to inform of the legitimacy of the proof, and they can't post to add to the proof either. Also, those are typically not seen. If the proof is in untrusted feedback, few people would see it. It doesn't prompt default trust members to act like a scam accusation post does. Then we would have a problem where more people get scammed.
If somebody wants to inquiry about a trust comment made on somebody's page, they should address the matter to the person they want to do transactions with directly. From there, the person on the receiving end of a transaction will decide if they want to take the trust rank given on the retrieving end into consideration.

We don't have to talk about other users openly.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 05:04:01 AM

If somebody wants to inquiry about a trust comment made on somebody's page, they should address the matter to the person they want to do transactions with directly. From there, the person on the receiving end of a transaction will decide if they want to take the trust rank given on the retrieving end into consideration.

If you want to explain yourself to every single inquiry about the same trust every single time then go ahead. It is much easier to go to the scam accusation thread (which should be referenced) where you explain yourself once, people back you up, and people help to poke holes in the accusers argument. They can read that thread and decide for themselves whether to trust that feedback or not.

The threads just need moderation to remove the spam that will inevitably fill them.

Also, most it those feedbacks would be in untrusted feedback. Those on default trust wouldn't see it so they would not give the necessary neg trust to do scammers, and people would not see the neg trust so they would not know that someone is a scammer.

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 05:10:26 AM

If you want to explain yourself to every single inquiry about the same trust every single time then go ahead. It is much easier to go to the scam accusation thread (which should be referenced) where you explain yourself once, people back you up, and people help to poke holes in the accusers argument. They can read that thread and decide for themselves whether to trust that feedback or not.

The threads just need moderation to remove the spam that will inevitably fill them.

Also, most it those feedbacks would be in untrusted feedback. Those on default trust wouldn't see it so they would not give the necessary neg trust to do scammers, and people would not see the neg trust so they would not know that someone is a scammer.

I just want that forum gone because people are getting harassed.

People should only post on people's trust rank page if there's a risked BTC amount involved.

And people should prove whether or not they're a scammer by giving proof their merchandise is there's, or that they're qualified to provide a service.

=^______^= okie dokie pokie. I'm done arguing with yoooooooouuuuhooo. Let me play us out with this cute cuddily song about a girl and a boy having a play date. Have a good niiiight! <3

https://m.soundcloud.com/melaniemartinezmusic/melanie-martinez-play-date
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:31:03 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2015, 11:53:43 AM by Xian01

There you go again with your false equivalency.

Take your logical fallacies, your stunning naïveté, and GTFO already.

This is not your goddamn hugbox.

I just want that forum gone because people are getting harassed.

... smh ...

Tumblr is over there      --------->
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: