Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:49:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: End the negative appearance of Bitcoin and BitcoinTalk.  (Read 4858 times)
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:19:27 PM

It amazes me that the only person that said something positive about me on my feedback page is the only one with a risked BTC amount. That indicates that people should talk to me personally to find out if I'm really a bad person.

There you go again with your false equivalency.

Take your logical fallacies, your stunning naïveté, and GTFO already.

This is not your goddamn hugbox.

I just want that forum gone because people are getting harassed.

... smh ...

Tumblr is over there      --------->
That was so cutsie of a wooord!

Hugboooox! Yaay hugboooox! ^____^

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 04:12:41 PM

That's a shame, because it will never happen.
I have had one scam accusation made about me (which I later made right with all parties) when I first started for not following up on an auction. Don't be a tard on the forum or try to trick/deceive people and you won't get a thread made about you, and won't be 'harassed'.
The Scam Accusation forum serves a good purpose for threads like this, where it would have been impossible to do these sorts of discussions using someone's trust page.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:41:09 PM

That's a shame, because it will never happen.
I have had one scam accusation made about me (which I later made right with all parties) when I first started for not following up on an auction. Don't be a tard on the forum or try to trick/deceive people and you won't get a thread made about you, and won't be 'harassed'.
The Scam Accusation forum serves a good purpose for threads like this, where it would have been impossible to do these sorts of discussions using someone's trust page.
Hihi, how are you? I haven't seen you post in so long. =^_____^=

I just feel like it is an unneeded forum, and nice people getting harassed would probably agree with me about that.
minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 05:12:40 PM

I am fine thank you. I've mainly been posting in Micro Earnings/Service Announcements, so I doubt you will have really seen me (I get the impression you only really spend time in Off Topic and similar boards).

I just feel like it is an unneeded forum, and nice people getting harassed would probably agree with me about that.
I can see what you mean, though if you end up in that board you have almost definitely done something wrong. Usually most conflicts which land 'nice' people in that board can be solved with communication and time.
The section should (and will) stay; it's good to discuss points of view before judging people based on things they have done sometimes. Without this board, it would be a lot more difficult and a lot worse things could happen than the occasional person with good intentions getting talked shit about.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:24:16 PM

I am fine thank you. I've mainly been posting in Micro Earnings/Service Announcements, so I doubt you will have really seen me (I get the impression you only really spend time in Off Topic and similar boards).

I can see what you mean, though if you end up in that board you have almost definitely done something wrong. Usually most conflicts which land 'nice' people in that board can be solved with communication and time.
The section should (and will) stay; it's good to discuss points of view before judging people based on things they have done sometimes. Without this board, it would be a lot more difficult and a lot worse things could happen than the occasional person with good intentions getting talked shit about.

I made an honest mistake, and I'm being ridiculed for it. And a person (won't say any names) is just abusing the trust option, and manipulating posts....

I seriously could call them out, but choose not to. I'd rather fight fire with water.

Yeah, I did something wrong. I can admit that. I didn't scam anyone though.....

Ask the people I've done transactions with. They'd tell you I'm okay.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 06:36:31 AM

I made an honest mistake, and I'm being ridiculed for it. And a person (won't say any names) is just abusing the trust option, and manipulating posts....

I seriously could call them out, but choose not to. I'd rather fight fire with water.

Yeah, I did something wrong. I can admit that. I didn't scam anyone though.....

Ask the people I've done transactions with. They'd tell you I'm okay.

Bitcoin is based on trust.

When you start out lying to the community, you have a hard road ahead of you.  Woman up to your mistakes.

In my opinion, you still haven't learned from your mistakes and you will be banned soon.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 12:27:02 PM

It amazes me that the only person that said something positive about me on my feedback page is the only one with a risked BTC amount. That indicates that people should talk to me personally to find out if I'm really a bad person.

... smh ...

What a nonsense just to have responded something...
If you would stop treating this forum like your personal chat you would not get so much hostility.
You managed to make 1162 of 1427 posts in freakin offtopic in a bitcoin forum in under 3 months.
Get it together, contribute to bitcoin discussion, stick to the rules of this community or prepare for intense heat.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
TTMNewsMJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:23:04 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2015, 12:48:10 AM by TTMNewsMJ

When satoshi left, it was unclear what direction bitcoin would take. The value of bitcoin wasn't as significant as it is today, daily volumes were petty, scamming was not the business it is today. Due to the lack of traffic back then, there weren't many bad apples. But even for the few back then, satoshi did a good job at ignoring them. Perhaps you could to the same. There are other things that would help improving bitcoin's image more, like for example not inviting scammers to edit the bitocin wiki. Aside of that, I think that it'd bee good if the forum remained up and running with minimum to no censorship.

Do you have any evidence about it?
TTMNewsMJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:27:17 AM

Bitcoin will succeed if the people in this forum has a unity and care for each other.
They don't judge those newbie or in a low rank position.
I hope that one day, there is a improvement in this forum.
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 12:56:17 PM

Uhm... the OP as been permabanned due to excessive toxic trolling. Maybe we can stop bumping her threads.  Roll Eyes
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 01:01:30 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2015, 01:45:13 PM by BlindMayorBitcorn

Uhm... the OP as been permabanned due to excessive toxic trolling. Maybe we can stop bumping her threads.  Roll Eyes

I'm an expert in complicated, scientific authorship attribution techniques. If TheGr33k isn't the same user I'll give my badge back.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
TheGr33k

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:58:25 PM

... smh ...

What a nonsense just to have responded something...
If you would stop treating this forum like your personal chat you would not get so much hostility.
You managed to make 1162 of 1427 posts in freakin offtopic in a bitcoin forum in under 3 months.
Get it together, contribute to bitcoin discussion, stick to the rules of this community or prepare for intense heat.

Refrain from calling posts "nonsense". That sounds like trolling. I'd expect better from a staff member.

She can treat the forum how she wants in the off topic section. She's not making money from posting, because she has no signature campaign.

She does contribute pretty well. Here 21 page long thread in the BTC forum is still being discussed, and I was linked to this thread through that one.

There's technically no official forum rules, so she can do as she pleases. If we're going by the unofficial ones, there's been no proof that she's broken any of those.
TheGr33k

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:01:03 PM

Uhm... the OP as been permabanned due to excessive toxic trolling. Maybe we can stop bumping her threads.  Roll Eyes

From what I've seen, her threads get bumped all the time in the BTC forum. She also gets people posting in her off topic threads. What I've noticed is that we are actually getting more people to sign up because of her. She is my business partner, and I need her here, so.
minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 07:06:21 PM

snip
Why did you repost this again and delete your previous post? Just let this thread die, that account is permabanned.
I wouldn't be surprised if you were behind that account, but that's none of my business.

Refrain from calling posts "nonsense". That sounds like trolling. I'd expect better from a staff member.
Their posts are nonsense. He's not trolling by stating a fact.

From what I've seen, her threads get bumped all the time in the BTC forum. She also gets people posting in her off topic threads.
Create a general thread like 'Do you drink water?' and you will get hundreds of newbies spamming for their signature campaigns. Off topic threads don't mean anything.

What I've noticed is that we are actually getting more people to sign up because of her.
How did you come to that conclusion? If you're going to use their Off Topic threads as an argument, think about if we really want people that spam the forum with shit replies just to earn some dust off of a signature campaign here.

She is my business partner, and I need her here, so.
Tough, they aren't getting unbanned.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 08:55:29 PM

From what I've seen, her threads get bumped all the time in the BTC forum. She also gets people posting in her off topic threads. What I've noticed is that we are actually getting more people to sign up because of her. She is my business partner, and I need her here, so.
That person deserved it, probably even more. It's quite rare that we encounter someone who spams so much without a campaign, where 99.9% posts are useless. Anyone who comes here just to constantly make useless posts in the off-topic section is not welcome. This is a forum primarily focused on Bitcoin.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
TheGr33k

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:05:05 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2015, 09:23:02 PM by TheGr33k

That person deserved it, probably even more. It's quite rare that we encounter someone who spams so much without a campaign, where 99.9% posts are useless. Anyone who comes here just to constantly make useless posts in the off-topic section is not welcome. This is a forum primarily focused on Bitcoin.

No, she didn't deserve it. Do your research before judging someone.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1199258.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1202719.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1249878.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1253235.0

Read all of that, and tell me that isn't a Bitcoin activist? Not trying to offend you here, but what big projects have you done to promote?
TheGr33k

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:39:25 PM

She can't contact her customers without her account and she's been pestering me nonstop to find a way to get her ban appealed. She's too scared to even come back on a mule because of the way you have all treated her. It's honestly shameful that adults can act this way.
minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 09:44:29 PM

snip

Read all of that, and tell me that isn't a Bitcoin activist?
A few decent posts doesn't make up for over 1000 shit ones.

Not trying to offend you here, but what big projects have you done to promote?
Lauda plays an integral part on stopping spam here, as they are a member of the staff team. Since this forum is so large, it would be a cesspool if people like Lauda weren't here to help. Personally, I see members such as Lauda's contribution much larger to Bitcoin than anything by someone like codishmumu.

She can't contact her customers without her account
If only there were some other way to contact people other than a Bitcoin Forum.

She's too scared to even come back on a mule because of the way you have all treated her.
If she came back on mule for anything other than a ban appeal she would be banned again. It's probably for the best.

It's honestly shameful that adults can act this way.
Not everyone on the internet is an adult, just saying. Also, when she stops acting like this forum is her personal playground and stops posting shit everywhere, I'm sure that people would stop posting shit towards her as well. However, if a person can't handle with criticism and insults without acting like a child, they probably shouldn't be on the internet.
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 09:47:00 PM

TL;DRTo people that like long posts read to them, click this link As for people that like cutting to the chase: "BitcoinTalk is starting to have a negative image. My proposal is that we all stop the negativity on the site at least, and so on".

So, I've made this post today to talk about an issue on this site that I feel needs to be handled immediately, which is the frequent posts made to discuss other users on the site. There's an entire forum on this website dedicated to talking about other users to bring attention to possible scamming a user might be involved with. For me personally, I don't feel that forum or making posts on other users gives any kind of necessity, because we already have the option of making commentary on a user on their trust rank page, so it doesn't make sense to me. It really just seems like an outlet for people to get harassed. I feel as though the site would look more professional if we just canceled that entire forum. That leads me to my next point on people abusing the trust ranking system. You cannot downvote somebody, just because you have a personal dislike for them. For example, there was a person that posted on my trust rank page saying that I was a whore, and it really didn't serve any type of useful commentary on whether or not I'm a scam artist, which I am not. Again, if you go to my trust rank page, you'll see a man that was able to see through the negativity and still give me work. He would tell you I'm definitely not a scam artist because his comment on my page is the only one with a risked BTC amount. With that being said, I think it's best to make commentary on people's trust rank pages only if there's a risked BTC amount involved. As for ways to prove on whether or not you're a scam artist, I think users should post videos or pictures of their merchandise with some kind of distinct indication that the items are there's and that they didn't copy them or steal them, or anything of that nature. I do that, and that's how I was able to make my first sale. You can click this link for an example of that. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1197410.0 As for people offering services, I advise them to give references or documentation to prove whether or not they are eligible to provide said services. I did that with my psychology work on Skype, and that's how a small group of users were able to trust me on that, and come to me whenever they needed support from me. I have stopped all other services temporarily in order to focus on my merchandise.

This site is dedicated to supporting the efforts of Bitcoin activists, and we're trying to have a positive image. This site was made for Satoshi himself. Right now, Bitcoin is already dealing with a negative image from Bitcoin users like Charlie Shrem, and so many others. We don't need this website looking unprofessional. If we want this currency to grow, we need to reevaluate ourselves and do what we can to have a positive image at this point. Any little improvement in ourselves as bitcoin users counts. I always see comments on people's trust rank pages saying how some people sell stolen property, or have hacked people's accounts, or cyberbully other users. It is so frightening to me. I have so much hope for Bitcoin, and it upsets me that my hope is being threatened by bitcoin users like this. Sometimes, even the moderators are no better.

I really do have faith in this currency. I just wanna do my part to help propell Bitcoin into becoming well known so we can all have the price go up. I have alerts for BitcoinTalk straight to my phone, so I'm available consistently. Sometimes my phone will be charging, and I'll be in my pajamas sleeping, and I'll get an alert from BitcoinTalk. So to be honest, I'm always logged in. My handmade fashion merchandise for Bitcoin has become a full time job. I'm here for anyone that wants to talk to me. My arms and my mind are always an open place to you all. With that in mind, I hope that we can all come together, and really do what we can to make the reputation of Bitcoin better.

Thanks so much for reading. Take care.

Codish you are a scammy piece of shit clearly backpeddling after your whore mongering and scam attempts failed.

Your account is fucked, you may as well just start a new one and instead of coming out of the gates like some sort of BTC crazed whore, perhaps carry more of this calmness and thought instead of trying to impress us with absolute whore mongering.

No one wants the BTC communities female presence to be fucking mindless twats coming in here trying to take advantage of the obviously onely neckbeards around here.. Fuck sakes. Grow up, stop being a fucking whore and maybe, just maybe you will gain some form of acceptance.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TheGr33k

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:52:15 PM

snip

Read all of that, and tell me that isn't a Bitcoin activist?
A few decent posts doesn't make up for over 1000 shit ones.

Not trying to offend you here, but what big projects have you done to promote?
Lauda plays an integral part on stopping spam here, as they are a member of the staff team. Since this forum is so large, it would be a cesspool if people like Lauda weren't here to help. Personally, I see members such as Lauda's contribution much larger to Bitcoin than anything by someone like codishmumu.

She can't contact her customers without her account
If only there were some other way to contact people other than a Bitcoin Forum.

She's too scared to even come back on a mule because of the way you have all treated her.
If she came back on mule for anything other than a ban appeal she would be banned again. It's probably for the best.

It's honestly shameful that adults can act this way.
Not everyone on the internet is an adult, just saying. Also, when she stops acting like this forum is her personal playground and stops posting shit everywhere, I'm sure that people would stop posting shit towards her as well. However, if a person can't handle with criticism and insults without acting like a child, they probably shouldn't be on the internet.

Lauda can speak for themselves.

In this specific situation, the definition of PROMOTE is ADVERTISE. Somebody like OP knitting a Bitcoin sweater and posing in it on her Instagram which has 5k of followers while she explains the properties of Bitcoin to her followers would be considered more effective promotion. And actually, yes, 5 great posts can easily cancel out small insignificant ones made in the off topic forum.

If you didn't like her, you should have been mature enough to just ignore her. I did a good job of ignoring their obviously silly threads in off topic and just paid attention to their brilliant ones. Also, speak for yourself. Don't speak for someone else.

So, what have YOU done to promote?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: