Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:08:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: End the negative appearance of Bitcoin and BitcoinTalk.  (Read 4858 times)
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 11:34:22 PM

TL;DRTo people that like long posts read to them, click this link As for people that like cutting to the chase: "BitcoinTalk is starting to have a negative image. My proposal is that we all stop the negativity on the site at least, and so on".

So, I've made this post today to talk about an issue on this site that I feel needs to be handled immediately, which is the frequent posts made to discuss other users on the site. There's an entire forum on this website dedicated to talking about other users to bring attention to possible scamming a user might be involved with. For me personally, I don't feel that forum or making posts on other users gives any kind of necessity, because we already have the option of making commentary on a user on their trust rank page, so it doesn't make sense to me. It really just seems like an outlet for people to get harassed. I feel as though the site would look more professional if we just canceled that entire forum. That leads me to my next point on people abusing the trust ranking system. You cannot downvote somebody, just because you have a personal dislike for them. For example, there was a person that posted on my trust rank page saying that I was a whore, and it really didn't serve any type of useful commentary on whether or not I'm a scam artist, which I am not. Again, if you go to my trust rank page, you'll see a man that was able to see through the negativity and still give me work. He would tell you I'm definitely not a scam artist because his comment on my page is the only one with a risked BTC amount. With that being said, I think it's best to make commentary on people's trust rank pages only if there's a risked BTC amount involved. As for ways to prove on whether or not you're a scam artist, I think users should post videos or pictures of their merchandise with some kind of distinct indication that the items are there's and that they didn't copy them or steal them, or anything of that nature. I do that, and that's how I was able to make my first sale. You can click this link for an example of that. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1197410.0 As for people offering services, I advise them to give references or documentation to prove whether or not they are eligible to provide said services. I did that with my psychology work on Skype, and that's how a small group of users were able to trust me on that, and come to me whenever they needed support from me. I have stopped all other services temporarily in order to focus on my merchandise.

This site is dedicated to supporting the efforts of Bitcoin activists, and we're trying to have a positive image. This site was made for Satoshi himself. Right now, Bitcoin is already dealing with a negative image from Bitcoin users like Charlie Shrem, and so many others. We don't need this website looking unprofessional. If we want this currency to grow, we need to reevaluate ourselves and do what we can to have a positive image at this point. Any little improvement in ourselves as bitcoin users counts. I always see comments on people's trust rank pages saying how some people sell stolen property, or have hacked people's accounts, or cyberbully other users. It is so frightening to me. I have so much hope for Bitcoin, and it upsets me that my hope is being threatened by bitcoin users like this. Sometimes, even the moderators are no better.

I really do have faith in this currency. I just wanna do my part to help propell Bitcoin into becoming well known so we can all have the price go up. I have alerts for BitcoinTalk straight to my phone, so I'm available consistently. Sometimes my phone will be charging, and I'll be in my pajamas sleeping, and I'll get an alert from BitcoinTalk. So to be honest, I'm always logged in. My handmade fashion merchandise for Bitcoin has become a full time job. I'm here for anyone that wants to talk to me. My arms and my mind are always an open place to you all. With that in mind, I hope that we can all come together, and really do what we can to make the reputation of Bitcoin better.

Thanks so much for reading. Take care.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 11:36:45 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2015, 04:39:21 AM by codishmumu

PS: I deleted all of my trust ratings given to other users because there was no risked BTC involved. I'm the one making the statement, so it'd be fitting to be the change I'd like to see.

Also: Please insist on using escrow during every transaction.

Prevention is better than a cure. Please escrow.

PS: Give feedback on my bitcoin symbol charm
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1223589.0

PPS: If anyone is gonna argue that people posting deliberately dumb posts in off topic forum is gonna make this site look unprofessional, it's not. It's going to make us look like we have a sense of humor, and that we don't always have a serious personality. So enjoy my deliberate retardation posted daily in the off topic forum!

You might notice they're all self moderated. It's to avoid vulgar comments from my deliberate nonsensical antics. If people can't play along, they shouldn't post in the thread. My serious posts in off-topic are never self moderated though.
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 11:50:39 PM

The crypto slack pages that I'm on (won't mention names) seem to dislike bitcointalk due to some of what I agree to be censorship regarding alts

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 11:57:44 PM

The crypto slack pages that I'm on (won't mention names) seem to dislike bitcointalk due to some of what I agree to be censorship regarding alts
Thank you for reminding me that alternate accounts need to stop being used as well. What is the point of that?
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:00:42 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2015, 12:30:37 AM by tommorisonwebdesign

There is little that can be done when a forum hits a size like BTCTalk has. There are not many solutions and the staff can't do anything about it or don't care. My best advice is: if you don't like it go somewhere else.

EdiT: Sex scandal? Maybe there is more going on than what is being presented. If you're whoring yourself on the interrnet, that IS unprofessional and should not be tolerated.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:04:06 AM

There is little that can be done when a forum hits a size like BTCTalk has. There are not many solutions and the staff can't do anything about it or don't care. My best advice is: if you don't like it go somewhere else.
You should sell your bitcoins now if that's really how you feel. Without a positive image, we won't have many users up for adoption.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:15:36 AM

Bitcoin as a currency truly succeeds when forums like this become a complete and utter irrelevance. In the meantime it remains the biggest game in town whether anyone likes it or not.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:19:54 AM

Bitcoin as a currency truly succeeds when forums like this become a complete and utter irrelevance. In the meantime it remains the biggest game in town whether anyone likes it or not.
I'm not trying to be mean here (forgive me if you get offended) but I don't know....what you just said. It made no sense to me.

How is Satoshi's forum being irrelevant going to help his currency....?

It just makes his currency irrelevant too.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:21:49 AM

I'm not trying to be mean here (forgive me if you get offended) but I don't know....what you just said. It made no sense to me.

You're acting like this forum is vital for the future success of Bitcoin. It is very important at the moment but it really needs to be left behind as a quaint snapshot of a previous time. If tens or hundreds of millions of people are using BTC then it'll be lost in the noise.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:23:34 AM

You're acting like this forum is vital for the future success of Bitcoin. It is very important at the moment but it really needs to be left behind as a quaint snapshot of a previous time. If tens or hundreds of millions of people are using BTC then it'll be lost in the noise.
Go see my edit, because....I still don't understand what you just said.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:25:56 AM

Err. I don't think I can be much clearer. There are hundreds of millions of Android users. How many frequent forums or developer lists? It just gets the job done for them. There's no need to get involved in any type of community. When there were a few hundred users then it was vital.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:28:38 AM

Err. I don't think I can be much clearer. There are hundreds of millions of Android users. How many frequent forums or developer lists? It just gets the job done for them. There's no need to get involved in any type of community. When there were a few hundred users then it was vital.
Any little bit of improvement can only help.

Whether or not you want to believe me because you've gotten comfortable here, it matters. If you don't feel it matters, that's you, not me. Agree to disagree.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:32:43 AM

Any little bit of improvement can only help.

Whether or not you want to believe me because you've gotten comfortable here, it matters. If you don't feel it matters, that's you, not me. Agree to disagree.

I agree with you, but this forum will always attract psychos, brats, morons and the innately hostile. It comes with the territory. The best anyone can do is keep plugging away until its importance fades.
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:33:25 AM

This thread is so dumb. Bitcoin's success does not depend on this forum. It depends on mass adaptation. Over time there will be many Bitcoin forums and sites just as big as this one today.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:37:02 AM

I think that this forum has drifted away from being a regular forum. Bitcoin communities and openness aren't things that go together, look at any bitcoin community and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's not just bitcointalk, we might be a little worse or better than others but not much different.

It's like people become hostile and disconnected when posting here. The reason behins this might be simpler than you think though, it's a forum about money. Scams involve money, so you see where this is going. Bitcoin on it's own, isn't the easiest thing to comprehend. When you become part of a community that is already familiar with it, it takes some gettin used to to realise how the inner mechanisms of this community work. It might seem unappealing or even hostile to outsiders but if people are going to use bitcoin, it isn't the community that will turn them away. If somebody thinks that a more 'friendly and welcoming' community would help bitcoin adoption, then feel free to create your own "bitcoin safe space" and apply draconian censorship to keep out anything that might hurt somebody's feelings.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:38:53 AM

This thread is so dumb. Bitcoin's success does not depend on this forum. It depends on mass adaptation. Over time there will be many Bitcoin forums and sites just as big as this one today.
If you think it's dumb, it doesn't make sense to bump the thread and give it more exposure.

What's dumb to you and what's dumb to me are just not in sync. It just indicates that we are two separate individuals with two separate mindsets. That doesn't mean either one of us are dumb.

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:43:21 AM

I think that this forum has drifted away from being a regular forum. Bitcoin communities and openness aren't things that go together, look at any bitcoin community and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's not just bitcointalk, we might be a little worse or better than others but not much different.

It's like people become hostile and disconnected when posting here. The reason behins this might be simpler than you think though, it's a forum about money. Scams involve money, so you see where this is going. Bitcoin on it's own, isn't the easiest thing to comprehend. When you become part of a community that is already familiar with it, it takes some gettin used to to realise how the inner mechanisms of this community work. It might seem unappealing or even hostile to outsiders but if people are going to use bitcoin, it isn't the community that will turn them away. If somebody thinks that a more 'friendly and welcoming' community would help bitcoin adoption, then feel free to create your own "bitcoin safe space" and apply draconian censorship to keep out anything that might hurt somebody's feelings.
It's really not just about hurting somebody's feelings. It is really about looking more professional overall.

This site was made by Satoshi himself. So with that in mind, it would be in everyone's best interest to represent Satoshi's site with a little more professionalism, and buff out imperfections. It's either you do that, or you don't make the forum at all because appearances impact adoption. Yes, forums do matter. I actually didn't know of Bitcoins or BitcoinTalk until I googled "forum marketplace" to sell my jewelry. This site came up. At first it looked friendly, so I joined. From there, BTC was introduced to me, and it looked useful, so I adopted it. From there, I see that was a mistake if I'm going to support scam artists and harassers into becoming more rich.

ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:45:22 AM

Does anyone have any data on what percentage of bitcoin users are active (or even just lurkers) on bitcointalk? I realize that's not something that can be answered straightforwardly, but any insight would be appreciated.

There are any number of things that can be done to "clean up" the image here. When you start new threads, think about whether they will help if a new, average person wanders in and sees your thread first. First impressions matter. When a new user is confronted with childish threads about girls and bitcoin, not to mention NSFW stuff, or talking about drugs for bitcoin, and so on, it doesn't help. I'm not calling for centralized censorship of bitcointalk, but I am suggesting better discretion on the part of posters who want bitcoin to succeed, but may be their own worst enemy.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
worhiper_-_

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 01:00:13 AM

When satoshi left, it was unclear what direction bitcoin would take. The value of bitcoin wasn't as significant as it is today, daily volumes were petty, scamming was not the business it is today. Due to the lack of traffic back then, there weren't many bad apples. But even for the few back then, satoshi did a good job at ignoring them. Perhaps you could to the same. There are other things that would help improving bitcoin's image more, like for example not inviting scammers to edit the bitocin wiki. Aside of that, I think that it'd bee good if the forum remained up and running with minimum to no censorship.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 02:01:35 AM

When satoshi left, it was unclear what direction bitcoin would take. The value of bitcoin wasn't as significant as it is today, daily volumes were petty, scamming was not the business it is today. Due to the lack of traffic back then, there weren't many bad apples. But even for the few back then, satoshi did a good job at ignoring them. Perhaps you could to the same. There are other things that would help improving bitcoin's image more, like for example not inviting scammers to edit the bitocin wiki. Aside of that, I think that it'd bee good if the forum remained up and running with minimum to no censorship.
Can you prove that?

Censorship on this site happens, but it should be on harassment or scam posters.
mdgreasyjohn

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

cancer sucks

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 02:13:35 AM

If you think it's dumb, it doesn't make sense to bump the thread and give it more exposure.

What's dumb to you and what's dumb to me are just not in sync. It just indicates that we are two separate individuals with two separate mindsets. That doesn't mean either one of us are dumb.

there are no dollartalk.com or yentalk.com . when btc is generally used there will  no need for a bitcointalk.com but i the mean time it promotes the product.  p.s.    i do think we can be more civil here
Television

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:45:15 AM

Bitcointalk is the old standby for Bitcoin discussion, which for many things usually leads to negativity from the amount of users that participate. It's hard to avoid but the entire community shouldn't be criticized for specific subsets of the user-base.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 04:03:24 AM

Regarding the scan accusation section, I think that section is very important. The trust page is not for discussion, you cannot discuss with other people why you think someone is a scammer and whether others think that the lettering deserves trust. The scan accusations section allows people to do that. Accusers and post their proof, and the accused can defend themselves. The section is like the court, where people determine whether someone is a scammer and the trust given is then the punishments.

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:34:09 AM

there are no dollartalk.com or yentalk.com . when btc is generally used there will  no need for a bitcointalk.com but i the mean time it promotes the product.  p.s.    i do think we can be more civil here
Thank you sweetie-pie. Many love and hugs to you. <3
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:40:39 AM

Bitcointalk is the old standby for Bitcoin discussion, which for many things usually leads to negativity from the amount of users that participate. It's hard to avoid but the entire community shouldn't be criticized for specific subsets of the user-base.

It isn't completely hard to avoid. "Just play nice and love one another if you want love back". Why is that difficult? :c
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:29:25 AM

I have always preferred civilized forums, bitcointalk is actually rather good, certainly vs. Zero Hedge's "Fight Club".  ZH has many anti-Semites and Putin bootlickers that just make it hard to enjoy some threads (Middle East and Russia).

I do much prefer bitcointalk to Reddit, I could never work up the enthusiasm to join.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:31:09 AM

I have always preferred civilized forums, bitcointalk is actually rather good, certainly vs. Zero Hedge's "Fight Club".  ZH has many anti-Semites and Putin bootlickers that just make it hard to enjoy some threads (Middle East and Russia).

I do much prefer bitcointalk to Reddit, I could never work up the enthusiasm to join.
Mhmm. Well you have never experienced the BitcoinTalk that I have.

:c

Give feedback to my charm please.
Kakmakr
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1957

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:40:06 AM

No matter what anybody else says, this forum is still the best source for quick answers to many of your questions. It has a huge user base and you get lots of different answers to the same question. There are some people who broke away from this forum, to join the XT crowd, but they keep coming back for more to this forum.

Politics and power struggles is part of this scenario and you find it in any group, so it is no different here. 

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
OROBTC
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:42:17 AM

Well, then one suggestion I would have for you is never, ever, ever go to Zero Hedge.  Especially the Israel/Middle East threads or anything to do with China vs. the USA or Russia vs. the USA.  They have nasty trolls there...

But, I agree with the thought behind your thread here.  Decent discussion is much better.

bitcointalk.org, please accept my best wishes, and participants please write good things rather than bad.  Cosmic Law and all that.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:44:43 AM

Regarding the scan accusation section, I think that section is very important. The trust page is not for discussion, you cannot discuss with other people why you think someone is a scammer and whether others think that the lettering deserves trust. The scan accusations section allows people to do that. Accusers and post their proof, and the accused can defend themselves. The section is like the court, where people determine whether someone is a scammer and the trust given is then the punishments.
No, it really is not.

What is stopping someone from doing a discussion on somebody privately? Making a standing ovation is unnecessary. That forum is being abused, and turned into an outlet for unneeded harassment.

Some people are wrongly judged. We don't have to discuss other people. If you want to know if somebody is worth your time, talk to them personally. Don't talk about them behind their back. I had no idea that thread about me existed until perhaps 3 days later I was messaged about it. I never really thought anything of it at the time, but then I finally had an opportunity to sit and read the comments, and none of them make sense, or are even accurate.

If people want proof about who I am, they need to talk to me personally. Not make threads about me. I never intentionally attacked Mitchell on his age. I never threatened other users. I'm not lying about who I am.

Lies, lies, lies, and more lies.

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:47:12 AM

Well, then one suggestion I would have for you is never, ever, ever go to Zero Hedge.  Especially the Israel/Middle East threads or anything to do with China vs. the USA or Russia vs. the USA.  They have nasty trolls there...

But, I agree with the thought behind your thread here.  Decent discussion is much better.

bitcointalk.org, please accept my best wishes, and participants please write good things rather than bad.  Cosmic Law and all that.
Well now that you said don't go, I have to go now. I like challenges, and changing situations for the better.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1352

Cashback 15%

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:53:06 AM

No matter what anybody else says, this forum is still the best source for quick answers to many of your questions. It has a huge user base and you get lots of different answers to the same question. There are some people who broke away from this forum, to join the XT crowd, but they keep coming back for more to this forum.

Politics and power struggles is part of this scenario and you find it in any group, so it is no different here. 

Yes this still sums it. Even though there are plenty of trolling and other nonsense happening in this forum, still you cannot deny the fact that you can still get some tidbits of information in here when you need it. Also. the place is much active other than any hub that talks about bitcoin, so you'll get a response quicker here than in any other place as well.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:54:28 AM

Yes this still sums it. Even though there are plenty of trolling and other nonsense happening in this forum, still you cannot deny the fact that you can still get some tidbits of information in here when you need it. Also. the place is much active other than any hub that talks about bitcoin, so you'll get a response quicker here than in any other place as well.
That's not the point of my thread.
dothebeats
Legendary

Cashback 15%

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:56:51 AM

I see it as a positive thing as a person who spends most of his time in the forums. I don't see much negativity besides some trolling and some scams.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:58:10 AM

I see it as a positive thing as a person who spends most of his time in the forums. I don't see much negativity besides some trolling and some scams.
Maybe because you don't do much.

I'm not trying to offend you with that comment by the way.
OROBTC
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:59:18 AM

I have always preferred civilized forums, bitcointalk is actually rather good, certainly vs. Zero Hedge's "Fight Club".  ZH has many anti-Semites and Putin bootlickers that just make it hard to enjoy some threads (Middle East and Russia).

Well now that you said don't go, I have to go now. I like challenges, and changing situations for the better.

zerohedge.com, bitchez!  <--- If that does not offend you, then you may be OK.  Smiley

If you venture into the Middle East threads, here are some suggestions:

1)  arm-up, bring along your AK or AR with at least 1000 rounds of ammo (and 10 clips), also you sidearm with at least 100 rounds
2)  helmet and body-armor
3)  attitude that you will hit more than be hit...  Go tough..., or go home.

There is NO WAY anyone (or even any group) is going to clean-up ZH.  The participants don't want it.  ZH's philosophy more-or-less follows the movie "The Fight Club".

For all its incivility, ZH is perhaps the best source of finance-related news outside the MainStream Media.

EDIT: The majority of ZH members do not like Bitcoin.....
dothebeats
Legendary

Cashback 15%

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 06:00:53 AM

Maybe because you don't do much.

I'm not trying to offend you with that comment by the way.

Haha it's all cool for me, don't worry. You're just trying to point me on the sense of this thread, and that's not offensive at all, and that is another positive thing on this forum btw. Wink

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 06:02:19 AM

I have always preferred civilized forums, bitcointalk is actually rather good, certainly vs. Zero Hedge's "Fight Club".  ZH has many anti-Semites and Putin bootlickers that just make it hard to enjoy some threads (Middle East and Russia).

zerohedge.com, bitchez!  <--- If that does not offend you, then you may be OK.  Smiley

If you venture into the Middle East threads, here are some suggestions:

1)  arm-up, bring along your AK or AR with at least 1000 rounds of ammo (and 10 clips), also you sidearm with at least 100 rounds
2)  helmet and body-armor
3)  attitude that you will hit more than be hit...  Go tough..., or go home.

There is NO WAY anyone (or even any group) is going to clean-up ZH.  The participants don't want it.  ZH's philosophy more-or-less follows the movie "The Fight Club".
It's okay! I'm sure I can change them!

Edit: Omfg that was WAY too happy of a response.

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 09:14:41 AM

Sorry, I disagree. I love Bitcointalk as is. I cannot follow when you talk about it making a particularly negative appearance. It must be a very subjective impression. There are some trolls, some scammers  but you can easily ignore them/don't have to do business with them. Done.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 01:39:43 PM

No, it really is not.

What is stopping someone from doing a discussion on somebody privately? Making a standing ovation is unnecessary. That forum is being abused, and turned into an outlet for unneeded harassment.

Some people are wrongly judged. We don't have to discuss other people. If you want to know if somebody is worth your time, talk to them personally. Don't talk about them behind their back. I had no idea that thread about me existed until perhaps 3 days later I was messaged about it. I never really thought anything of it at the time, but then I finally had an opportunity to sit and read the comments, and none of them make sense, or are even accurate.

If people want proof about who I am, they need to talk to me personally. Not make threads about me. I never intentionally attacked Mitchell on his age. I never threatened other users. I'm not lying about who I am.

Why should it be done privately? If one person thinks you are a scammer, then multiple people might, so you would have to prove yourself over and over again to people who think you are scamming. Secondly, having it public allows other public opinions to weigh in. Trusted members and people who have been here for a while can weigh in and give their opinions. Furthermore, if someone really is a scammer, then they need negative trust. Having a public discussion about someone scamming ensures that people on Default Trust will see the discussion and neg the person, instead of just one guy giving negative feedback which no one else sees or trusts. If you suggest that they can just pm DT members with the proof that you scammed, that proof can be manipulated, quotes that you say or that the accuser says can be changed. Having it public makes it so that it is more difficult to change what was previously said because people have seen it and may have quoted it. The edit times also indicate whether a post has been modified and for big scammers, theymos or badbear can even revert the posts so that people can see what has actually been said.

As for discussing people behind their backs, it isn't. The scam accusations are completely public. If you are active in the marketplace selling things, you should keep an eye on the scam accusations section just to make sure that no one opens an accusation against you. I also think it is common courtesy to give the person warning and inform them that you have opened an accusation against them. Send a few PMs several days before and inform them that they have X days to complete the deal or you will open a scam accusation. Then when you do open one, you send them the link to the accusation thread so that they can also give their side of the story.

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 01:50:35 PM

Really should be kind to other people.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 02:28:16 PM

No, it really is not.

Why should it be done privately? If one person thinks you are a scammer, then multiple people might, so you would have to prove yourself over and over again to people who think you are scamming. Secondly, having it public allows other public opinions to weigh in. Trusted members and people who have been here for a while can weigh in and give their opinions. Furthermore, if someone really is a scammer, then they need negative trust. Having a public discussion about someone scamming ensures that people on Default Trust will see the discussion and neg the person, instead of just one guy giving negative feedback which no one else sees or trusts. If you suggest that they can just pm DT members with the proof that you scammed, that proof can be manipulated, quotes that you say or that the accuser says can be changed. Having it public makes it so that it is more difficult to change what was previously said because people have seen it and may have quoted it. The edit times also indicate whether a post has been modified and for big scammers, theymos or badbear can even revert the posts so that people can see what has actually been said.

As for discussing people behind their backs, it isn't. The scam accusations are completely public. If you are active in the marketplace selling things, you should keep an eye on the scam accusations section just to make sure that no one opens an accusation against you. I also think it is common courtesy to give the person warning and inform them that you have opened an accusation against them. Send a few PMs several days before and inform them that they have X days to complete the deal or you will open a scam accusation. Then when you do open one, you send them the link to the accusation thread so that they can also give their side of the story.
But I'm not a scammer, and some others are not. As far as I'm concerned, I would never try to scam anyone.

It amazes me that the only person that said something positive about me on my feedback page is the only one with a risked BTC amount. That indicates that people should talk to me personally to find out if I'm really a bad person.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 02:29:14 PM

Sorry, I disagree. I love Bitcointalk as is. I cannot follow when you talk about it making a particularly negative appearance. It must be a very subjective impression. There are some trolls, some scammers  but you can easily ignore them/don't have to do business with them. Done.
That's you, but that's not me.
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 02:59:18 PM

I like the forum. Learnt a lot of things about Bitcoin and altcoins here, and have not noticed much strife between users. There is much more in other more generalistic forums.

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:01:35 PM

I like the forum. Learnt a lot of things about Bitcoin and altcoins here, and have not noticed much strife between users. There is much more in other more generalistic forums.
Your trust is neutral, so you might not know what I'm talking about until you actually become a worker here.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 04:38:34 PM

But I'm not a scammer, and some others are not. As far as I'm concerned, I would never try to scam anyone.

It amazes me that the only person that said something positive about me on my feedback page is the only one with a risked BTC amount. That indicates that people should talk to me personally to find out if I'm really a bad person.
If someone thinks that you will scam, they can neg trust you. They can open a scam accusation against you if they think you will scam to key others know.

Why do people need to talk to you personally to find out if you are trustworthy or not? They shouldn't need that. You should post publicly in such a way that is trustworthy or at the very least, not support sketchy or seemingly not trustworthy.

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:04:54 AM

If someone thinks that you will scam, they can neg trust you. They can open a scam accusation against you if they think you will scam to key others know.

Why do people need to talk to you personally to find out if you are trustworthy or not? They shouldn't need that. You should post publicly in such a way that is trustworthy or at the very least, not support sketchy or seemingly not trustworthy.
To me, that doesn't make any sense. If somebody wants to know who I am, they need to talk to me.

You basically just said that other people can post terribly incorrect information about me, yet, they don't know me personally at all. That doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not trying to be rude when I say that, but it honestly doesn't. I'm the only one on this site that knows me personally. Not strangers.

People should talk to me to get to know me. Not talk to others to get to know me.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:06:12 AM

By the way everyone, I've made more transactions on this site than you think. Those people just haven't posted any feedback about me. 

I will ask if they will.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 04:11:40 AM

To me, that doesn't make any sense. If somebody wants to know who I am, they need to talk to me.

You basically just said that other people can post terribly incorrect information about me, yet, they don't know me personally at all. That doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not trying to be rude when I say that, but it honestly doesn't. I'm the only one on this site that knows me personally. Not strangers.

People should talk to me to get to know me. Not talk to others to get to know me.
I did not say any of that, you are misunderstanding my words.

When you post on this forum, you are talking to everyone. People who read your posts will get different impressions. If they get the impression that you are acting in an untrustworthy manner or in a sketchy way, then they can give you negative trust on the suspicion that you might scam. They are getting to know you by what you are putting out there publicly. Instead of making it so that people should get to know you in a private conversation, why don't make it so that whenever you post, you do so in a way that reflects yourself and so that people can get to know you by the way you talk publicly (post).

People can post whatever information they want, regardless of whether they know you personally or not. If they had to know you personally to post info, then most of the scammers here would still be scamming. No one really knows who they are personally. That logic just does not follow.

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:17:39 AM

I did not say any of that, you are misunderstanding my words.

When you post on this forum, you are talking to everyone. People who read your posts will get different impressions. If they get the impression that you are acting in an untrustworthy manner or in a sketchy way, then they can give you negative trust on the suspicion that you might scam. They are getting to know you by what you are putting out there publicly. Instead of making it so that people should get to know you in a private conversation, why don't make it so that whenever you post, you do so in a way that reflects yourself and so that people can get to know you by the way you talk publicly (post).

People can post whatever information they want, regardless of whether they know you personally or not. If they had to know you personally to post info, then most of the scammers here would still be scamming. No one really knows who they are personally. That logic just does not follow.
But the scammers here still scam regardless. It doesn't matter if they have negative trust or what, because they jump on alternate accounts.

Point is: Why should you take somebody else's word on how another person is? You can't make your own educated analysis?

Do you know them personally? No. So don't talk about them unless you have proof to back up your claims. In my negative feedback thread, you'll see all the commenters have no proof at all about what they're discussing about me.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 04:24:45 AM

But the scammers here still scam regardless. It doesn't matter if they have negative trust or what, because they jump on alternate accounts.

Point is: Why should you take somebody else's word on how another person is? You can't make your own educated analysis?

Do you know them personally? No. So don't talk about them unless you have proof to back up your claims. In my negative feedback thread, you'll see all the commenters have no proof at all about what they're discussing about me.
Scammers do still scan, but it becomes harder with negative trust and having to constantly just new accounts.

I agree, you shouldn't just take somebody's word for it. Which is why there is the option for a reference link in the trust page. Those references allow you to check the accusers claim and think for yourself. And got even accusers do that. They create threads in scam accusations where they post ask of their proof for you to evaluate yourself and then reference that when they neg trust.

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:25:09 AM

Really should be kind to other people.
Mhm! <3
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:29:02 AM

Scammers do still scan, but it becomes harder with negative trust and having to constantly just new accounts.

I agree, you shouldn't just take somebody's word for it. Which is why there is the option for a reference link in the trust page. Those references allow you to check the accusers claim and think for yourself. And got even accusers do that. They create threads in scam accusations where they post ask of their proof for you to evaluate yourself and then reference that when they neg trust.
True. However, it is not unnecessary.

It just seems like an outlet to get harassed. 
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 04:43:08 AM

From your experience, it may seem like they but really, that section is vital for serving proof that someone had scammed. It is the only place where people can post their proof that someone is an alt of a scammer, or proof that someone scammed in a private deal, etc. It is the only place to discuss those scams, where people can post proof or the accused can debunk the proof. If shouldn't be removed, it just needs some moderation to remove the spam.

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:45:48 AM

From your experience, it may seem like they but really, that section is vital for serving proof that someone had scammed. It is the only place where people can post their proof that someone is an alt of a scammer, or proof that someone scammed in a private deal, etc. It is the only place to discuss those scams, where people can post proof or the accused can debunk the proof. If shouldn't be removed, it just needs some moderation to remove the spam.
They can post all of that on a person's trust rank page.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 04:51:09 AM

But there isn't any discussion. The accused can't respond to a trust, at least, not in the public forum. Other people can't weigh in to inform of the legitimacy of the proof, and they can't post to add to the proof either. Also, those are typically not seen. If the proof is in untrusted feedback, few people would see it. It doesn't prompt default trust members to act like a scam accusation post does. Then we would have a problem where more people get scammed.

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:55:35 AM

But there isn't any discussion. The accused can't respond to a trust, at least, not in the public forum. Other people can't weigh in to inform of the legitimacy of the proof, and they can't post to add to the proof either. Also, those are typically not seen. If the proof is in untrusted feedback, few people would see it. It doesn't prompt default trust members to act like a scam accusation post does. Then we would have a problem where more people get scammed.
If somebody wants to inquiry about a trust comment made on somebody's page, they should address the matter to the person they want to do transactions with directly. From there, the person on the receiving end of a transaction will decide if they want to take the trust rank given on the retrieving end into consideration.

We don't have to talk about other users openly.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 05:04:01 AM

If somebody wants to inquiry about a trust comment made on somebody's page, they should address the matter to the person they want to do transactions with directly. From there, the person on the receiving end of a transaction will decide if they want to take the trust rank given on the retrieving end into consideration.

If you want to explain yourself to every single inquiry about the same trust every single time then go ahead. It is much easier to go to the scam accusation thread (which should be referenced) where you explain yourself once, people back you up, and people help to poke holes in the accusers argument. They can read that thread and decide for themselves whether to trust that feedback or not.

The threads just need moderation to remove the spam that will inevitably fill them.

Also, most it those feedbacks would be in untrusted feedback. Those on default trust wouldn't see it so they would not give the necessary neg trust to do scammers, and people would not see the neg trust so they would not know that someone is a scammer.

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 05:10:26 AM

If you want to explain yourself to every single inquiry about the same trust every single time then go ahead. It is much easier to go to the scam accusation thread (which should be referenced) where you explain yourself once, people back you up, and people help to poke holes in the accusers argument. They can read that thread and decide for themselves whether to trust that feedback or not.

The threads just need moderation to remove the spam that will inevitably fill them.

Also, most it those feedbacks would be in untrusted feedback. Those on default trust wouldn't see it so they would not give the necessary neg trust to do scammers, and people would not see the neg trust so they would not know that someone is a scammer.

I just want that forum gone because people are getting harassed.

People should only post on people's trust rank page if there's a risked BTC amount involved.

And people should prove whether or not they're a scammer by giving proof their merchandise is there's, or that they're qualified to provide a service.

=^______^= okie dokie pokie. I'm done arguing with yoooooooouuuuhooo. Let me play us out with this cute cuddily song about a girl and a boy having a play date. Have a good niiiight! <3

https://m.soundcloud.com/melaniemartinezmusic/melanie-martinez-play-date
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:31:03 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2015, 11:53:43 AM by Xian01

There you go again with your false equivalency.

Take your logical fallacies, your stunning naïveté, and GTFO already.

This is not your goddamn hugbox.

... smh ...

Tumblr is over there      --------->
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:19:27 PM

... smh ...

Tumblr is over there      --------->
That was so cutsie of a wooord!

Hugboooox! Yaay hugboooox! ^____^
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 04:12:41 PM

That's a shame, because it will never happen.
I have had one scam accusation made about me (which I later made right with all parties) when I first started for not following up on an auction. Don't be a tard on the forum or try to trick/deceive people and you won't get a thread made about you, and won't be 'harassed'.
The Scam Accusation forum serves a good purpose for threads like this, where it would have been impossible to do these sorts of discussions using someone's trust page.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:41:09 PM

That's a shame, because it will never happen.
I have had one scam accusation made about me (which I later made right with all parties) when I first started for not following up on an auction. Don't be a tard on the forum or try to trick/deceive people and you won't get a thread made about you, and won't be 'harassed'.
The Scam Accusation forum serves a good purpose for threads like this, where it would have been impossible to do these sorts of discussions using someone's trust page.
Hihi, how are you? I haven't seen you post in so long. =^_____^=

I just feel like it is an unneeded forum, and nice people getting harassed would probably agree with me about that.
minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 05:12:40 PM

I am fine thank you. I've mainly been posting in Micro Earnings/Service Announcements, so I doubt you will have really seen me (I get the impression you only really spend time in Off Topic and similar boards).

I just feel like it is an unneeded forum, and nice people getting harassed would probably agree with me about that.
I can see what you mean, though if you end up in that board you have almost definitely done something wrong. Usually most conflicts which land 'nice' people in that board can be solved with communication and time.
The section should (and will) stay; it's good to discuss points of view before judging people based on things they have done sometimes. Without this board, it would be a lot more difficult and a lot worse things could happen than the occasional person with good intentions getting talked shit about.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:24:16 PM

I am fine thank you. I've mainly been posting in Micro Earnings/Service Announcements, so I doubt you will have really seen me (I get the impression you only really spend time in Off Topic and similar boards).

I can see what you mean, though if you end up in that board you have almost definitely done something wrong. Usually most conflicts which land 'nice' people in that board can be solved with communication and time.
The section should (and will) stay; it's good to discuss points of view before judging people based on things they have done sometimes. Without this board, it would be a lot more difficult and a lot worse things could happen than the occasional person with good intentions getting talked shit about.

I made an honest mistake, and I'm being ridiculed for it. And a person (won't say any names) is just abusing the trust option, and manipulating posts....

I seriously could call them out, but choose not to. I'd rather fight fire with water.

Yeah, I did something wrong. I can admit that. I didn't scam anyone though.....

Ask the people I've done transactions with. They'd tell you I'm okay.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 06:36:31 AM

I made an honest mistake, and I'm being ridiculed for it. And a person (won't say any names) is just abusing the trust option, and manipulating posts....

I seriously could call them out, but choose not to. I'd rather fight fire with water.

Yeah, I did something wrong. I can admit that. I didn't scam anyone though.....

Ask the people I've done transactions with. They'd tell you I'm okay.

Bitcoin is based on trust.

When you start out lying to the community, you have a hard road ahead of you.  Woman up to your mistakes.

In my opinion, you still haven't learned from your mistakes and you will be banned soon.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 12:27:02 PM

... smh ...

What a nonsense just to have responded something...
If you would stop treating this forum like your personal chat you would not get so much hostility.
You managed to make 1162 of 1427 posts in freakin offtopic in a bitcoin forum in under 3 months.
Get it together, contribute to bitcoin discussion, stick to the rules of this community or prepare for intense heat.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
TTMNewsMJ

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:23:04 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2015, 12:48:10 AM by TTMNewsMJ

Do you have any evidence about it?
TTMNewsMJ

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:27:17 AM

Bitcoin will succeed if the people in this forum has a unity and care for each other.
They don't judge those newbie or in a low rank position.
I hope that one day, there is a improvement in this forum.
worhiper_-_

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 12:56:17 PM

Uhm... the OP as been permabanned due to excessive toxic trolling. Maybe we can stop bumping her threads.  Roll Eyes
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 01:01:30 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2015, 01:45:13 PM by BlindMayorBitcorn

Uhm... the OP as been permabanned due to excessive toxic trolling. Maybe we can stop bumping her threads.  Roll Eyes

I'm an expert in complicated, scientific authorship attribution techniques. If TheGr33k isn't the same user I'll give my badge back.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
TheGr33k

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:58:25 PM

... smh ...

What a nonsense just to have responded something...
If you would stop treating this forum like your personal chat you would not get so much hostility.
You managed to make 1162 of 1427 posts in freakin offtopic in a bitcoin forum in under 3 months.
Get it together, contribute to bitcoin discussion, stick to the rules of this community or prepare for intense heat.

Refrain from calling posts "nonsense". That sounds like trolling. I'd expect better from a staff member.

She can treat the forum how she wants in the off topic section. She's not making money from posting, because she has no signature campaign.

She does contribute pretty well. Here 21 page long thread in the BTC forum is still being discussed, and I was linked to this thread through that one.

There's technically no official forum rules, so she can do as she pleases. If we're going by the unofficial ones, there's been no proof that she's broken any of those.
TheGr33k

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:01:03 PM

Uhm... the OP as been permabanned due to excessive toxic trolling. Maybe we can stop bumping her threads.  Roll Eyes

From what I've seen, her threads get bumped all the time in the BTC forum. She also gets people posting in her off topic threads. What I've noticed is that we are actually getting more people to sign up because of her. She is my business partner, and I need her here, so.
minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 07:06:21 PM

snip
Why did you repost this again and delete your previous post? Just let this thread die, that account is permabanned.
I wouldn't be surprised if you were behind that account, but that's none of my business.

Refrain from calling posts "nonsense". That sounds like trolling. I'd expect better from a staff member.
Their posts are nonsense. He's not trolling by stating a fact.

From what I've seen, her threads get bumped all the time in the BTC forum. She also gets people posting in her off topic threads.
Create a general thread like 'Do you drink water?' and you will get hundreds of newbies spamming for their signature campaigns. Off topic threads don't mean anything.

What I've noticed is that we are actually getting more people to sign up because of her.
How did you come to that conclusion? If you're going to use their Off Topic threads as an argument, think about if we really want people that spam the forum with shit replies just to earn some dust off of a signature campaign here.

She is my business partner, and I need her here, so.
Tough, they aren't getting unbanned.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 08:55:29 PM

From what I've seen, her threads get bumped all the time in the BTC forum. She also gets people posting in her off topic threads. What I've noticed is that we are actually getting more people to sign up because of her. She is my business partner, and I need her here, so.
That person deserved it, probably even more. It's quite rare that we encounter someone who spams so much without a campaign, where 99.9% posts are useless. Anyone who comes here just to constantly make useless posts in the off-topic section is not welcome. This is a forum primarily focused on Bitcoin.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
TheGr33k

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:05:05 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2015, 09:23:02 PM by TheGr33k

That person deserved it, probably even more. It's quite rare that we encounter someone who spams so much without a campaign, where 99.9% posts are useless. Anyone who comes here just to constantly make useless posts in the off-topic section is not welcome. This is a forum primarily focused on Bitcoin.

No, she didn't deserve it. Do your research before judging someone.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1199258.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1202719.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1249878.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1253235.0

Read all of that, and tell me that isn't a Bitcoin activist? Not trying to offend you here, but what big projects have you done to promote?
TheGr33k

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:39:25 PM

She can't contact her customers without her account and she's been pestering me nonstop to find a way to get her ban appealed. She's too scared to even come back on a mule because of the way you have all treated her. It's honestly shameful that adults can act this way.
minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 09:44:29 PM

snip

Read all of that, and tell me that isn't a Bitcoin activist?
A few decent posts doesn't make up for over 1000 shit ones.

Not trying to offend you here, but what big projects have you done to promote?
Lauda plays an integral part on stopping spam here, as they are a member of the staff team. Since this forum is so large, it would be a cesspool if people like Lauda weren't here to help. Personally, I see members such as Lauda's contribution much larger to Bitcoin than anything by someone like codishmumu.

She can't contact her customers without her account
If only there were some other way to contact people other than a Bitcoin Forum.

She's too scared to even come back on a mule because of the way you have all treated her.
If she came back on mule for anything other than a ban appeal she would be banned again. It's probably for the best.

It's honestly shameful that adults can act this way.
Not everyone on the internet is an adult, just saying. Also, when she stops acting like this forum is her personal playground and stops posting shit everywhere, I'm sure that people would stop posting shit towards her as well. However, if a person can't handle with criticism and insults without acting like a child, they probably shouldn't be on the internet.
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 09:47:00 PM

TL;DRTo people that like long posts read to them, click this link As for people that like cutting to the chase: "BitcoinTalk is starting to have a negative image. My proposal is that we all stop the negativity on the site at least, and so on".

So, I've made this post today to talk about an issue on this site that I feel needs to be handled immediately, which is the frequent posts made to discuss other users on the site. There's an entire forum on this website dedicated to talking about other users to bring attention to possible scamming a user might be involved with. For me personally, I don't feel that forum or making posts on other users gives any kind of necessity, because we already have the option of making commentary on a user on their trust rank page, so it doesn't make sense to me. It really just seems like an outlet for people to get harassed. I feel as though the site would look more professional if we just canceled that entire forum. That leads me to my next point on people abusing the trust ranking system. You cannot downvote somebody, just because you have a personal dislike for them. For example, there was a person that posted on my trust rank page saying that I was a whore, and it really didn't serve any type of useful commentary on whether or not I'm a scam artist, which I am not. Again, if you go to my trust rank page, you'll see a man that was able to see through the negativity and still give me work. He would tell you I'm definitely not a scam artist because his comment on my page is the only one with a risked BTC amount. With that being said, I think it's best to make commentary on people's trust rank pages only if there's a risked BTC amount involved. As for ways to prove on whether or not you're a scam artist, I think users should post videos or pictures of their merchandise with some kind of distinct indication that the items are there's and that they didn't copy them or steal them, or anything of that nature. I do that, and that's how I was able to make my first sale. You can click this link for an example of that. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1197410.0 As for people offering services, I advise them to give references or documentation to prove whether or not they are eligible to provide said services. I did that with my psychology work on Skype, and that's how a small group of users were able to trust me on that, and come to me whenever they needed support from me. I have stopped all other services temporarily in order to focus on my merchandise.

This site is dedicated to supporting the efforts of Bitcoin activists, and we're trying to have a positive image. This site was made for Satoshi himself. Right now, Bitcoin is already dealing with a negative image from Bitcoin users like Charlie Shrem, and so many others. We don't need this website looking unprofessional. If we want this currency to grow, we need to reevaluate ourselves and do what we can to have a positive image at this point. Any little improvement in ourselves as bitcoin users counts. I always see comments on people's trust rank pages saying how some people sell stolen property, or have hacked people's accounts, or cyberbully other users. It is so frightening to me. I have so much hope for Bitcoin, and it upsets me that my hope is being threatened by bitcoin users like this. Sometimes, even the moderators are no better.

I really do have faith in this currency. I just wanna do my part to help propell Bitcoin into becoming well known so we can all have the price go up. I have alerts for BitcoinTalk straight to my phone, so I'm available consistently. Sometimes my phone will be charging, and I'll be in my pajamas sleeping, and I'll get an alert from BitcoinTalk. So to be honest, I'm always logged in. My handmade fashion merchandise for Bitcoin has become a full time job. I'm here for anyone that wants to talk to me. My arms and my mind are always an open place to you all. With that in mind, I hope that we can all come together, and really do what we can to make the reputation of Bitcoin better.

Thanks so much for reading. Take care.

Codish you are a scammy piece of shit clearly backpeddling after your whore mongering and scam attempts failed.

Your account is fucked, you may as well just start a new one and instead of coming out of the gates like some sort of BTC crazed whore, perhaps carry more of this calmness and thought instead of trying to impress us with absolute whore mongering.

No one wants the BTC communities female presence to be fucking mindless twats coming in here trying to take advantage of the obviously onely neckbeards around here.. Fuck sakes. Grow up, stop being a fucking whore and maybe, just maybe you will gain some form of acceptance.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TheGr33k

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:52:15 PM

snip

Read all of that, and tell me that isn't a Bitcoin activist?
A few decent posts doesn't make up for over 1000 shit ones.

Not trying to offend you here, but what big projects have you done to promote?
Lauda plays an integral part on stopping spam here, as they are a member of the staff team. Since this forum is so large, it would be a cesspool if people like Lauda weren't here to help. Personally, I see members such as Lauda's contribution much larger to Bitcoin than anything by someone like codishmumu.

She can't contact her customers without her account
If only there were some other way to contact people other than a Bitcoin Forum.

She's too scared to even come back on a mule because of the way you have all treated her.
If she came back on mule for anything other than a ban appeal she would be banned again. It's probably for the best.

It's honestly shameful that adults can act this way.
Not everyone on the internet is an adult, just saying. Also, when she stops acting like this forum is her personal playground and stops posting shit everywhere, I'm sure that people would stop posting shit towards her as well. However, if a person can't handle with criticism and insults without acting like a child, they probably shouldn't be on the internet.

Lauda can speak for themselves.

In this specific situation, the definition of PROMOTE is ADVERTISE. Somebody like OP knitting a Bitcoin sweater and posing in it on her Instagram which has 5k of followers while she explains the properties of Bitcoin to her followers would be considered more effective promotion. And actually, yes, 5 great posts can easily cancel out small insignificant ones made in the off topic forum.

If you didn't like her, you should have been mature enough to just ignore her. I did a good job of ignoring their obviously silly threads in off topic and just paid attention to their brilliant ones. Also, speak for yourself. Don't speak for someone else.

So, what have YOU done to promote?

minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 10:06:41 PM

In this specific situation, the definition of PROMOTE is ADVERTISE. Somebody like OP knitting a Bitcoin sweater and posing in it on her Instagram which has 5k of followers while she explains the properties of Bitcoin to her followers would be considered more effective promotion.
It could help, though personally I still don't see it to excuse over 1000 posts of shit made on these forums. Might just be me though.

And actually, yes, 5 great posts can easily cancel out small insignificant ones made in the off topic forum.
Same as the above I suppose.

If you didn't like her, you should have been mature enough to just ignore her. I did a good job of ignoring their obviously silly threads in off topic and just paid attention to their brilliant ones.
As did I for the majority, only I didn't find these 'brilliant threads' you talk about. I just saw floods of her shit in Off Topic. Call me judgmental, though if I see a lot of bad qualities outweighing one or two good ones I tend to sway more to the side of bad than good.

Also, speak for yourself. Don't speak for someone else.
*cough*

So, what have YOU done to promote?
I've ran GPT sites since early 2014, and have helped a lot of people with their services and with any code problems they may be having. In addition to this, I also wrote a guide for a newbie setting up a website to help other newbies actually get their hands on some coin. This thread isn't about me though, so let's not go any further into this here.
TheGr33k

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 10:08:50 PM

Will you please stop bumping her thread if you hate her so much?

And will you please stop responding to me in quotes like that? I am not reading all of that. It's just too much. Quote me like a normal person.

And like I said, if you yourself don't do anything significant to help this currency, then you shouldn't even complain. Her income monthly is 3k in USD with or without this site.

minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 10:11:52 PM

Will you please stop bumping her thread if you hate her so much?
I'm giving you replies to your questions. Stop asking them if you don't want me to post.

And will you please stop responding to me in quotes like that?
I find this better than quoting a huge post and referencing individual bits of it in a reply underneath. You can see clearly what points I am addressing with my replies.

I am not reading all of that. It's just too much. Quote me like a normal person.
Mature.
TheGr33k

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 10:14:13 PM

I'm logging out for the day. I can't deal with this. She's going to have to put her big girl panties on and just rejoin before I lose my mind trying to explain anything to you people.

And no minfrj I did not read your second post either, tl;dr. If you want to act immature, I can do it just as well.
minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 10:15:46 PM

And no minfrj I did not read your post, tl;dr.
tl;dr she posted a few good posts and did a few good things but that doesn't make up for the huge crock of shit she dumped on this forum. IMO she doesn't deserve to be let back.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 10:27:10 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2015, 10:37:48 PM by Lauda

-snip-
I'm one of those who suggested and supported the banning of said user. I stand by my opinion. It doesn't matter to me if you bring $1 Billion into Bitcoin; if a lot of your posts are spam, then you are a spammer. Each user gets evaluated separately and after a certain line has been crossed, they will received their deserved punishment.

Update: Corrections.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 10:28:54 PM

Her income monthly is 3k in USD with or without this site.

I bet you her vagina cures cancer too!

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:24:04 PM

Bitcoin != bitcointalk
Bitcoin is moving on fast whereas this forum is dying
Fwdxlsh

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 06:47:12 AM

Lady, I read that. All of that. And...

It sounds like you're trying to make this all about you. But it's not about you. It's about the others that scam. Maybe you shouldn't be trying to pose naked on this site for the gentlemen here. You were trying to make some kind of show. Some kind of trust farming by showing nude photos. That is really bad...you remind me of Marry, the prostitute in the bible that had her way so much that she constantly bled. But when she found Jesus and touched him, the bleeding stopped.

Maybe you should find Jesus. Smiley Just find him. He will help you.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 06:52:39 AM

It sounds like you're trying to make this all about you. But it's not about you. It's about the others that scam. Maybe you shouldn't be trying to pose naked on this site for the gentlemen here. You were trying to make some kind of show. Some kind of trust farming by showing nude photos. That is really bad...you remind me of Marry, the prostitute in the bible that had her way so much that she constantly bled. But when she found Jesus and touched him, the bleeding stopped.

Maybe you should actually read the bible before you preach it to others.   Roll Eyes

TheGr33k

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:02:01 AM

Haha...a Christian oriented troll. That's original. I've never seen that before.
Fwdxlsh

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 06:25:03 PM

Haha...a Christian oriented troll. That's original. I've never seen that before.
Don't talk down to me until you get your account in good standing.

That moderator's one negative rating might be sparce, but because of their ranking and position it is enough to haunt you until you decide to go from this site.
TheGr33k

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 06:38:32 PM

That moderator's one negative rating might be sparce, but because of their ranking and position it is enough to haunt you until you decide to go from this site.
Yeah, except the fact that it isn't fair, and makes no sense. I purchased my account, and the original owner's actions are being taken into consideration as my actions when they were not even mine.
Fwdxlsh

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:02:11 PM

Yeah, except the fact that it isn't fair, and makes no sense. I purchased my account, and the original owner's actions are being taken into consideration as my actions when they were not even mine.
How is it not fair? Tell me. And going off of your posts in this thread, why defend codishmumu so much?

....did she have sex with you or something....?
TheGr33k

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:09:46 PM

How is it not fair? Tell me. And going off of your posts in this thread, why defend codishmumu so much?

Why are you asking so many personal questions? I'm defending her because she hasn't done anything wrong.

The simple fact that she was banned for "spamming" (and according to a moderator, spamming is posting low content posts, which differentiates by opinions on what is low content from one person to the next), when certain members in off-topic constantly post similar things that she does and have actually never been banned infuriate me. She's a good member to this forum and I need her here.

Click on all of the links I posted in this thread, and tell me if you honestly feel she's nothing more than a spamming troll? She's never done anything wrong. And to think that people who inflict bodily harm on others on this site have yet to be banned really aggravates the living hell out of me. It's just not fair.
Fwdxlsh

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:18:04 PM

Why are you asking so many personal questions? I'm defending her because she hasn't done anything wrong.

The simple fact that she was banned for "spamming" (and according to a moderator, spamming is posting low content posts, which differentiates by opinions on what is low content from one person to the next), when certain members in off-topic constantly post similar things that she does and have actually never been banned infuriate me. She's a good member to this forum and I need her here.

Click on all of the links I posted in this thread, and tell me if you honestly feel she's nothing more than a spamming troll? She's never done anything wrong. And to think that people who threaten inflict bodily harm on others on this site have yet to be banned really aggravates the living hell out of me. It's just not fair.
You mean threaten. Nobody can kill anybody through a computer screen.

And yeah, I saw that knitted sweater. Very cool. Is she still making hats and scarves? Also, how do you know she made those? Somebody else could have made them, you know.

Also, maybe you'd like to PM more of your rage to me, because this argument is honestly getting embarrassing for the both of us.

V.Lace

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:01:21 AM

Maybe Theymos should start charging 0.02 btc to open an account, might help stop scammers from opening new accounts to scam people.   also a massive charge on 0.02 on the current accounts now, so in case their is a member who has like 15 alt accounts he will have to pay for all those as well lol.  can make the scammers go broke real fast. 

Also with the negativity issue, I seen it first hand. Member take the opinions to far, They try to attack a person again and again.  for instance I have postive trust but still I get members attacking me pessimistic behavior.  I think if I keep getting treated like this I will try to find another forum with more positive members

Fwdxlsh

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:40:35 AM

Maybe Theymos should start charging 0.02 btc to open an account, might help stop scammers from opening new accounts to scam people.   also a massive charge on 0.02 on the current accounts now, so in case their is a member who has like 15 alt accounts he will have to pay for all those as well lol.  can make the scammers go broke real fast. 

Also with the negativity issue, I seen it first hand. Member take the opinions to far, They try to attack a person again and again.  for instance I have postive trust but still I get members attacking me pessimistic behavior.  I think if I keep getting treated like this I will try to find another forum with more positive members
Since Bitcoin is only 6 years old, at this point it will probably fail.

You might not genuinely find another forum site.
V.Lace

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:14:46 AM

See another scared member who probably has alt accounts, This will work as it brought fear to one of them Grin

Fwdxlsh

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 07:34:25 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2015, 09:27:26 AM by Fwdxlsh

Also with the negativity issue, I seen it first hand. Member take the opinions to far, They try to attack a person again and again.  for instance I have postive trust but still I get members attacking me pessimistic behavior.  I think if I keep getting treated like this I will try to find another forum with more positive members

See another scared member who probably has alt accounts, This will work as it brought fear to one of them Grin
To be honest, I feel depressed for OP now. I regret calling her nothing more than a whore. Now I see that they actually were at least attempting to assist the Bitcoin community. She has more ideas for mass adoption than most of the legendary users that I've seen. She frequented the off-topic section the most according to their statistics. If people didn't like her, why couldn't they just place her on ignore? I put Quickseller, Vod, Hariom, Gleb Gamow, and so many others on ignore so why can't they just do the same? And it is not like she was making bitcoins from posting, according to Lauda and TheGr33k.

There's been no proof that she has ever scammed, hacked, or trolled. If anything, there is the absolute opposite since Coinminer11 risked some BTC on her and did not use escrow. OP should come back.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: