Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:19:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Disputes and drama from the BTCFPGA thread  (Read 5104 times)
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 03:23:40 PM

Josh, you *are* a paid BFL shill. If you are talking as a BFL employe, please use your other BFL Josh account. And answer the questions on the other threads that you are trying to dodge...
If I'm a known BFL employee, then I by default can not be a shill.  Please learn the definition of the words you use before you try to use them.
I did not imply you are a known BFL employee, for anybody who has joined the conversation in the last 30 days, there have been no posts from BFL_Josh, your last post was the 5th of October. Nor your .sig or profile gives background information that you talk for BFL.

And don't get me started about shills, I work a lot at trade shows and it's a common trick for an employe of a company to wander around posing as a visitor and when he sees a potential customer, he starts showing interest in the same product and talks it up to convince the potential buyer ("My mother has one just like this at home and she is very happy").
It's not because all the other vendors around it see this happen all day long and they know that he is working for the company, that the potential buyer knows he is employed. For this buyer, the employe is a shill.

I have never tried to hide my employment with BFL and everyone in this thread knows I am employed as such.

So now every visitor has to go and check out the hundreds of posts you did in the last weeks to see who you are? If you work and talk for BFL and feel like trolling other vendors, you should mention it in your profile. Just like with "Scammer tags" we could get you a "BFL Troll" tag, I'm sure that would clear up a lot of things.  

Ok, so by your infallible logic, what am I shilling for?  What, in the past 10 pages have I written to the detriment of Tom's offering?  Oh look, nothing... so again I ask you, how can I be a shill if I'm not promoting (or detracting) any given product?  

I'm simply "debating" with idiots, since it doesn't require a lot of effort (I use the term "debating" very loosely, since it's actually impossible to hold a real debate with people who don't even understand the definition of the words they use.).  The only time I post in this thread is when someone posts blatantly false information and I correct them... then people like yourself, cedivad and especially Syke decide to chime in about something completely irrelevant to the topic at hand and here we are, discussing nothing of import. All the while I get to enjoy the machinations of Syke et al trying to play in the deep end of the gene pool, flailing around and drowning themselves.  If it weren't so amusing watching posts like yours trying to twist logic and common sense all in a knot to make some tortured point, believe me, I wouldn't be doing it.  It's a soap opera and a train wreck all in one, it's hard to stop watching you crash over and over.  

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 11:48:24 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2012, 02:34:04 AM by 2112

One of the very few places that still define the word shill is Nevada Gaming Commission Control Board:

Card game shill: An employee engaged and financed by the licensee as a player for the purpose of starting and/or maintaining a sufficient number of players in a card game.

I'm not aware of any recent rulings. But around 2000 there was a ruling about shilling on the trade show "World Gaming Expo" for the purpose of creating traffic in an exhibition booth. They were hiring women strippers to wear the business suits and show up in the booth and ask questions. They were ruled to be shills, regardless of what they were displaying on the badge or the business card.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 02:00:39 AM

or everything might be a distraction from BFL.

/tinfoil

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 02:16:09 AM

Ok, so by your infallible logic, what am I shilling for?  What, in the past 10 pages have I written to the detriment of Tom's offering?  Oh look, nothing... so again I ask you, how can I be a shill if I'm not promoting (or detracting) any given product? 

I'm simply "debating" with idiots, since it doesn't require a lot of effort (I use the term "debating" very loosely, since it's actually impossible to hold a real debate with people who don't even understand the definition of the words they use.).  The only time I post in this thread is when someone posts blatantly false information and I correct them...

FYI, Inaba: This thread is only 2 pages currently.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 03:32:39 AM

Ok, so by your infallible logic, what am I shilling for?  What, in the past 10 pages have I written to the detriment of Tom's offering?  Oh look, nothing... so again I ask you, how can I be a shill if I'm not promoting (or detracting) any given product?  

I'm simply "debating" with idiots, since it doesn't require a lot of effort (I use the term "debating" very loosely, since it's actually impossible to hold a real debate with people who don't even understand the definition of the words they use.).  The only time I post in this thread is when someone posts blatantly false information and I correct them...

The majority of this thread was moved here from Tom's thread,so its not in proper sequence,so to speak  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2012, 04:48:50 PM

I'm simply "debating" with idiots, since it doesn't require a lot of effort (I use the term "debating" very loosely, since it's actually impossible to hold a real debate with people who don't even understand the definition of the words they use.).  The only time I post in this thread is when someone posts blatantly false information and I correct them...

The majority of this thread was moved here from Tom's thread,so its not in proper sequence,so to speak  Grin

Ah! I tried my darndest to figure it out prior to penning the friendly post to Josh. Thanks, Una...
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 09:54:37 PM

Ah! I tried my darndest to figure it out prior to penning the friendly post to Josh. Thanks, Una...

Cool Where's my "gold star"  Huh  Cheesy

Shocked  Roll Eyes  Cheesy  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
poon-TANG

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 03:19:52 AM

This is all sooooooo ridiculous and childish. So how bout' this......my dad can beat up your dad. Some people need to get a life.
MeSarah (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 09:57:28 PM

Who wants to bet this posting gets removed?

FWIW, BFL wrote me to say:  "Mesarah has nothing to do with BFL and I would appreciate it if such a connection wasn't implied by the moderators of bitcointalk",  and thats a request I think is completely reasonable.

For all I know MeSarah is some kind of crazy counter-agent that is maximally obnoxious in BFL's apparent favor just to make BFL look bad.  Then again, I have to say I also would have had the opinion about Inaba's posts in the last month, so take my crazy conspiracy theory guesswork for what it is: Not terribly reliable.

Frankly, the kind of trouble I've seen people cause is the sort that comes only from seeing the misfortune of others, of creating argument and drama, and not from promoting one interest or another. Chaos has no affiliation but its own.

In general we should judge participants in our community by their own actions and not by those of their sometimes unfortunate supporters.  I've certainly had my share of moments cringing at some of the agreement I've received.

@ gmaxwell, you dishonorable, rumor fomenting, pathological liar. gmaxwell, you changed the thread name to 'BFL's shills' when I made a comment to you saying I didn't agree with it's name. You changed the thread name again I suppose because it showed how hypocritical you are. If you didn't change the thread name, which I believe is unlikely, then the moderator that did should come forward and say it was them that changed the thread name to 'BFL's shills'.

gmaxwell, I don't think your qualified to be moderator any longer because of starting unfounded rumors with no basis in fact, implying I'm a "crazy counter-agent", as one example. You are just starting rumors for your own justifications and you can see their affect in this thread. Additionally for making threats of legal action when my actions were clearly in line with the fair use doctrine (17 U.S.C. § 107) for commenting, education and news. Not to mention how you apply different standards to different people. And now because gmaxwell as moderator has access to my IP address and email address, I have to worry about a virus sent via email and gmaxwell scanning and attacking my computer when I connect to this forum.

But maybe the operators of Bitcointalk condone gmaxwell's actions.

So now I am going to post our conversation gmaxwell for the community to comment on.

Funny, I didn't mention which trolls I was talking about or who might be paying them.  I'm glad you could help people with your opinions on the subject.

You are very thoroughly confused about the law. But hey, feel free to send me the contact information for your attorney.  Mine wouldn't mind having a word with yours.

Please provide hyperlinks. Note, I have not authorized and do not authorize public duplication of my writing. If you wish to make private copies for whatever purpose be my guest.

And as I previously directed— I would remove your posts if you continued to repeat the same material and I have done so, as promised... but your post was too funny to delete completely.

gmaxwell, it's about context. What brought you to the thread in question to make such comments? Was it my postings? Were people calling me a BFL troll? If so that's the context and the impetus for your statements.

What would give me cause for legal action against you? I am not affiliated with BFL and most certainly not the 'registered agent' for BFL thus I have no authority to bring an action against you. Additionally if there was an action to be brought it wouldn't be against you, it would be against Bitcointalk. But your astute in the law so you know this, right? I don't need your permission to take screen shots of your comments and use them. My actions are protected and guided by 17 U.S.C. § 107. So when you see those screen shots file a DMCA take down notice. I will then fill a counter notice and we'll see who pays the fines.

Let us put all that a side for a moment. I would like to thank you for creating a thread for my comments even though I disagree with the title. You gave me what I wanted, memorializing the admitting of crimes committed by Tom. Thank you gmaxwell. Now wasn't that simple?

gmaxwell, if you have honor you'll post this reply to the locked thread. After that let's all hope we can move on.

Again. Please. URL.  Feel free to file all the counter notices you like. I look forward to seeing you in court.

It is amazing how you say you know the law but never have you once cited a law. You can find the URL your self. I have an email to the FCC I need to rewrite. Thanks for changing my mind. This conversation is now over.

I intend to pursue civil litigation against you for your willful copyright infringement. Please provide an address you can receive service at. Thanks.

Sense don't know enough about the law let me help you. Go to court and get a judge to issue a subpoena for my details at Bitcointalk forum such as my email address and IP address. Then go back to court and get the judge to issue a subpoena for my details at my ISP. By the time you have that completed you will have spent between $350 and $800 and would have to have given probable cause in order for a subpoena to be issued. Then you have to have me served with a legal notice of pending action. This service must be accomplished within 30 days. There are three ways to have the service executed. The first is to hire a private process server, certified mail with a signature to prove it was received, or use the police in the city the defendant is located. Your court clerk can help with your options. I suggest using the police. It's cheap. The price varies for each city and runs about $35 to $85 for a process service.

Beware that if a judge issues a subpoena and you don't carry threw with the legal process due to failing to act when time is of the essence you might be held in contempt of court. When the information from the subpoena is gathered I will get a letter from the judge's clerk in the mail notifying me that a subpoena was executed. Failing to have me served after you have the gathered information from a subpoena will lead to an 'abuse of legal process' compliant brought against you.

But you know this already.

Let's do it this way. Provide me with your real name, home mailing address, phone number and email address and I will contact you via the method I choose and give you the URL so I may be sued by you. If you fail to provide me with your real name and home mailing address, which will be known to me if you actually sue me sense it will be on the papers I'll be served, I'll know that your smoking something funny.

Fair enough?

I'd rather direct all further contact from you via my attorney— after viewing your actions on the forum I'm concerned about your mental health and that my safety may already be in danger because I have attracted your attention.  Unlike you, I don't generally see any reason to hide behind a fake name though at times like these I do sometimes regret my decision to work in an open and honest manner.

My attorney maintains a mail box for correspondence related to me:

Address Removed

Of course, I would rather you discontinue your harassment of myself and other forum members as well as your willful copyright infringement but this seems unlikely at this point.

That's laughable. Okay, then use the court system to get my details. See the difference between you and I, if I wanted to sue you I wouldn't have ask you for your details. I would have just used the court system. Your the one who first ask for any details. The reason I didn't provide my details was because of the violent imagery in statements on the forum about me from it's members and how you as moderator allow such activity. I have real cause for concern that you will release my detail to forum members jeopardizing my safety. Yet you fail to provide me your details when requested.  This is just another example of your hypocrisy, "do as I say but I wont hold myself
to the same standard as I hold you", actions you exhibit on the forum as a moderator.

Do your best but I think your too cowardly to sue me. Call your lawyer today and let's get this ball rolling, it should only cost you about $5500 before trial and maybe another $15,000 to go to trial. It is unlikely you'll get any attorney to take this case on a contingency fee. And when you loose you'll have to pay my attorney fees.  Be sure to take the correspondences between you and I to your attorney.

When I sued the police in another city I forced them to settle. When I sued my college I forced them to settle. The police in the city I sued are represented by the District Attorney's office. The college I sued has one of the most prestigious law firms in the city and has argued in front of the U.S. Supreme Court yet single handily I force them to settle legal action brought against their client. So bring it on.

Remember this, if you are unwilling to make this process easy for me then I will respond in kind NAME REMOVED, if that's your real name.

Sue me, I want you to, I demand you do. This will be enjoyable. I love the law and love reading the law and love reading court decisions. I'll be waiting.

Notice how I say "this conversation is now over" and yet gmaxwell continues to contact me. gmaxwell is engaging in the very harassment he says I shouldn't do.

So after some research I was able to find a law firm that occupies the building address gmaxwell provided me, so I tried to call his lawyer to clear this issue up. After repeatedly calling I could only get an answering machine. There were two occasions where someone picked up the phone and placed me on hold, never saying anything, and never came back.

And sense when does an attorney become a mailman? They don't, they just have the mail delivered to their office and hold it there until it is picked up by the client or forward it to their client. But I do concede that gmaxwell's attorney might be so poor he requires an errand boy's job to make ends meet. I think the more simple answer is that gmaxwell is lying.

Let me ask the community a question. If the average attorney charges $500 per hour and it takes five minutes to check a P.O. box, would you pay $41.66 per day, $833.33 per month or would you just use a mail forwarding service at your post office costing $15.25 per week?

The twilight of the idols is now.

60 GH/s BFL Single SC - Pre-Order Yours Today!
`````` Only $1299.99 - butterflylabs.com ``````
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 11:26:14 PM

Why I'm even bothering to respond, I don't really know. But, against my better judgement...
Who wants to bet this posting gets removed?
I wouldn't be surprised, given its content.

@ gmaxwell, you dishonorable, rumor fomenting, pathological liar. gmaxwell, you changed the thread name to 'BFL's shills' when I made a comment to you saying I didn't agree with it's name. You changed the thread name again I suppose because it showed how hypocritical you are. If you didn't change the thread name, which I believe is unlikely, then the moderator that did should come forward and say it was them that changed the thread name to 'BFL's shills'.
I believe that was me. I initially split off some posts from the BTCFPGA thread and called it "BFL's shills". Then, I noticed that the content there was a direct continuation of the content here, so I merged the threads. The renaming must have happened during the merge, although I don't see how it isn't an accurate description of the thread...

Let me ask the community a question. If the average attorney charges $500 per hour and it takes five minutes to check a P.O. box, would you pay $41.66 per day, $833.33 per month or would you just use a mail forwarding service at your post office costing $15.25 per week?
I would absolutely pay the attorney instead of using a mail forwarding service, because mail forwarding services wouldn't respond to the letters in strongly-worded legalese on my behalf and provide legal advice about what to do about the letter, especially since the only mail going there is related to a legal issue.

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 04:07:39 AM

the shill is back, with a vengeance.

dooferorg

Activity: 163

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 04:43:06 AM

One of the very few places that still define the word shill is Nevada Gaming Commission Control Board:

Card game shill: An employee engaged and financed by the licensee as a player for the purpose of starting and/or maintaining a sufficient number of players in a card game.

I'm not aware of any recent rulings. But around 2000 there was a ruling about shilling on the trade show "World Gaming Expo" for the purpose of creating traffic in an exhibition booth. They were hiring women strippers to wear the business suits and show up in the booth and ask questions. They were ruled to be shills, regardless of what they were displaying on the badge or the business card.

This thread needs more strippers.

And no, that doesn't mean Inaba. Eww. Sorry, man.. but ewww. Lol.

BTC: 1dooferoD3vnwgez3Jo1E4bFfgMf81LR2
ZEC: t1gnToN2HZW4GD52kofEVdijhRijWjCNfYi
psilan

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 09:59:31 AM

Subscribed. I will be amazed if this goes anywhere. Pure entertainment.

dip
vitruvio

Activity: 850
Merit: 331

View Profile
November 09, 2012, 10:54:04 AM

Subscribed. I will be amazed if this goes anywhere. Pure entertainment.

Bread and Circus.
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 03:35:34 AM

As someone not actively involved in the whole FPGA / ASIC world, except on a cursory level, I might interject that I find all this bickering and whatnot most distasteful and reflects poorly on all parties.

As potentially the biggest business venture related directly to bitcoin to date, that's a shame.
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 05:08:14 AM

More Cowbell  Grin

Zeek_W

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 10:45:46 AM

And sense when does an attorney become a mailman? They don't, they just have the mail delivered to their office and hold it there until it is picked up by the client or forward it to their client. But I do concede that gmaxwell's attorney might be so poor he requires an errand boy's job to make ends meet. I think the more simple answer is that gmaxwell is lying.

Anyone who is in a position to have a good lawyer for business purposes. I definitely do. Although mine is pro bono, gmax might have a retainer to look after all the legal documentation he receives for his business dealings. It's pretty simple actually.

Also, you felt the need to flex and say you have made a college and police department to settle? Classy.

SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 01:15:59 PM

As someone not actively involved in the whole FPGA / ASIC world, except on a cursory level, I might interject that I find all this bickering and whatnot most distasteful and reflects poorly on all parties.

As potentially the biggest business venture related directly to bitcoin to date, that's a shame.
+1

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
davidspitzer

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 10:27:38 PM

+1

I wholeheartedly agree  - I am surprised (perhaps I missed it) that I have not seen "I know what you are but what am I" thrown out. There is so much vitriol being spewed out by certain members that any substantive point is lost in the persistent Ad Hominem and Ad Personam attacks.
davidspitzer

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 10:31:15 PM

I think it bears mentioning that a A shill is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he has a close relationship with that person or organization. Calling Josh, or anyone else openly associated with BFL, a shill, is a non-sequitur
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: