Poll
Question: What name do you prefer?
Trezor - 5 (33.3%)
Lockr - 4 (26.7%)
Oink! - 6 (40%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardware wallet name  (Read 26216 times)
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 07:26:32 PM

Well, I love both "Oink!" and "Piglet" and I'm considering these names for real. However I still need to decide how much these "informal" product names can affect seriousness of the whole project.

Well, a lot of names like that can lead to epic projects.

• Google (A variation of Googol, aka 1, followed by 100 zeroes.)
  • Zynga (Named after the guy's dog)
  • Crazy Egg (Huh)
  • Tumblr
  • Viddy

Some of the best product names are indeed "informal".
"this little piggy went to market" lol

hi
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 07:47:02 PM

we might soon see a bounty setup for organizing everything into a list and a poll ;>, must be hundreds of submissions.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2012, 07:55:02 PM

Even I, the creator of the name "Oink", must concede defeat to piglet :3 Great name! But allow me to post this.

-everydayI'm snippin'-
1) A shield for Raspberry Pi (for DIY hackers)
2) Custom hardware based solution (for common consumers)
-snippitysnipsnip-

Since your name is specifically catered to the Raspberry Pi version, I'm gonna offer up Oink to slush for the custom hardware one for nothing more than the satisfaction of knowing I named a product. (If he should choose to want that). Something like this

-everydayI'm snippin'-
1) A shield for Raspberry Pi (for DIY hackers) - Piglet
2) Custom hardware based solution (for common consumers) - Oink
-snippitysnipsnip-

Just a suggestion, cause I'm enjoying this bounty ^_^. Of course, the final decision is up to slush Tongue There is no doubt in my mind that Mush has improved upon my idea Tongue I'm rambling probably considering I'm tired, but anyways, nice name Smiley
Or the device can be called piglet, and software to connect to it can be called oink hahah

Heh, this is one of the best brainstorming sessions I've seen lately, sounds cool.

"Dude, you need to update 'oink' and then connect your 'piglet' to a usb port..."

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
caffeinewriter

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 09:24:53 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2012, 09:00:36 PM by caffeinewriter

Even I, the creator of the name "Oink", must concede defeat to piglet :3 Great name! But allow me to post this.

-everydayI'm snippin'-
1) A shield for Raspberry Pi (for DIY hackers)
2) Custom hardware based solution (for common consumers)
-snippitysnipsnip-

Since your name is specifically catered to the Raspberry Pi version, I'm gonna offer up Oink to slush for the custom hardware one for nothing more than the satisfaction of knowing I named a product. (If he should choose to want that). Something like this

-everydayI'm snippin'-
1) A shield for Raspberry Pi (for DIY hackers) - Piglet
2) Custom hardware based solution (for common consumers) - Oink
-snippitysnipsnip-

Just a suggestion, cause I'm enjoying this bounty ^_^. Of course, the final decision is up to slush Tongue There is no doubt in my mind that Mush has improved upon my idea Tongue I'm rambling probably considering I'm tired, but anyways, nice name Smiley
Or the device can be called piglet, and software to connect to it can be called oink hahah

Heh, this is one of the best brainstorming sessions I've seen lately, sounds cool.

"Dude, you need to update 'oink' and then connect your 'piglet' to a usb port..."

You think this is good, wait till people start to get together over Skype or something. Wink Also, it appears pigl.et is open.

informal?

gimmedeloot (because you give it your loot)
cashr (like, in, y'know "cashier")
cashius (it's a "boxr" full of your cash (yeah, that one takes a while))

Cashius sounds a lot like casascius.

2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 07:42:47 AM

iPglet

this is funny because it spells "Piglet" but has a hipster switchaletteroo thingy goin' to include the iSomething prefix for internetz. my granny can pronounce it "ipglet".

Mr. Coinman

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 01:08:14 PM

we might soon see a bounty setup for organizing everything into a list and a poll ;>, must be hundreds of submissions.

Meh, that could be easily rigged. It might be better if slush chose the name himself.

But I agree that action should be taken soon, we're all getting antsy!  Grin

bowen151

Activity: 658

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 01:45:51 PM

Keep it all uniform and call it the slushfund like that guy said way back in the posts lol.

Its a real term afterall and relates to money, its a no brainer lols

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy
fbastage

Activity: 367
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 05:23:36 PM

"Hard-On"
Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 07:39:45 PM

"Hard-On"
"Sir where are we going to store all these coins?" "Let me just get a hard on"

hi
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 12:32:36 AM

Hard-As

Harden-Up

Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 12:36:18 AM

cocoon would be neat too
or  Chrysalis

hi
sippsnapp

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 12:49:06 AM

Alpha Aurigae 
is the brightest star in the constellation Auriga, the eleventh brightest star in the night sky and the third brightest star in the northern celestial hemisphere, after Arcturus and Vega. Although it appears to be a single star to the naked eye, it is actually a star system of four stars in two binary pairs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auriga_%28constellation%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capella_%28star%29

Id also like Nereus, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nereus, god of the sea, i call him rainman  Grin. The name also remembers on Rolls Royce from its sound  Tongue.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
Bitcoin + Altcoin node pool setup - pm
moni3z

Activity: 899

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 04:52:12 AM

OiNK was a private torrent tracker with a ton of black PR all over the internets already should anybody google your hw wallet name.
+1 for piglet
SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 04:56:10 AM

Naming a piece of hardware that acts like an encrypted wallet? Call it the homer.

Because

1. even an idiot can now use it and be secure
2. one of the earliest authors deserves some credit. Shoulders of giants, and so on.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
caffeinewriter

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 05:11:29 AM

OiNK was a private torrent tracker with a ton of black PR all over the internets already should anybody google your hw wallet name.
+1 for piglet

I Googled it and didn't really find much. A search for "Oink" did reveal oink.cd, but nothing about it being a torrent site. I did find this after you mentioned it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oink%27s_Pink_Palace

Following a joint operation codenamed Operation Ark Royal, between Interpol, the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), the British Phonographic Industry (BPI), and some other organisations, on 23 October 2007 the site was closed.

Just trying to defend my suggestion Wink

2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 07:50:08 AM

Keep it all uniform and call it the slushfund like that guy said way back in the posts lol.

Its a real term afterall and relates to money, its a no brainer lols

A slush fund, colloquially, is an auxiliary monetary account or a reserve fund. However, in the context of corrupt dealings, such as those by governments or large corporations, a slush fund can have particular connotations of illegality, illegitimacy, or secrecy in regard to the use of this money and the means by which the funds were acquired.[/b]

yeah, not.
Mr. Coinman

Activity: 277

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 09:04:16 AM

+1 for piglet

I Googled it and didn't really find much. A search for "Oink" did reveal oink.cd, but nothing about it being a torrent site. I did find this after you mentioned it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oink%27s_Pink_Palace

Following a joint operation codenamed Operation Ark Royal, between Interpol, the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), the British Phonographic Industry (BPI), and some other organisations, on 23 October 2007 the site was closed.

Just trying to defend my suggestion Wink

Well, perhaps more famously, Oink was an app (now shut down) created by Digg founder Kevin Rose. Cool name, but out of the picture.

Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 09:43:12 AM

Naming a piece of hardware that acts like an encrypted wallet? Call it the homer.

Because

1. even an idiot can now use it and be secure
2. one of the earliest authors deserves some credit. Shoulders of giants, and so on.

Sorry, already taken:

:-)

Ente
slush (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 12:16:37 PM

;-)

Ente
Legendary