Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:18:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Now that Obama's in for 4 more...  (Read 2191 times)
firefop (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 06:12:39 AM

...we can expect the price of bitcoin to increase even more as the USD continues to fail.

Grin

legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 06:17:08 AM

Grin

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
myrkul

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 06:17:58 AM

Let's be honest. It was going to do that anyway.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
firefop (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 06:19:50 AM

Let's be honest. It was going to do that anyway.

Right! But the faster the economic collapse, the more incentive people will have to use alternatives to cash... like bitcoins.

BitcoinCoffee.com

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 06:19:58 AM

Let's be more honest.

USD was designed to depreciate.

legitnick

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 06:25:12 AM

USD goes down, btc goes up. You can't explain that.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 06:29:51 AM

You're welcome.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 06:32:50 AM

Republitroll warning! Thinks a presidential election affects the Federal Reserve Cabal.

Election results:
Massachusetts (where Romney was governor): Mitt Romney 37%
Utah (land of the Mormon): Mitt Romney 74%

firefop (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 06:35:30 AM

Republitroll warning! Thinks a presidential election affects the Federal Reserve Cabal.

Election results:
Massachusetts (where Romney was governor): Mitt Romney 37%
Utah (land of the Mormon): Mitt Romney 74%

Increased taxes and gloomy economic forecasts will slow the economy down even more. I believe that the recent (and very weak imo) leveling off of the economic dip in the US was because everyone was expecting Obama to be sent packing.

legitnick

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 06:39:46 AM

You're welcome.
*upvotes*

Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 08:31:31 AM

A part of me is glad Obama won. It means a faster road to collapse. Just study history and the rise and fall of empires. Pretty eye-opening stuff and we are speeding far and fast down that very road. People dont know their history. There is one law that never changes in this world. Debts shall be paid - one way or another.

If it's going to happen, better to rip the bandaid off fast rather than the long slow agonizing pull, and hope it comes to a head in my lifetime to save my kids and grandbabies.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 10:12:03 AM

Dude. Bitcoin is not backed by lead and brass.  Lips sealed

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Roger_Murdock

Activity: 342

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 11:01:27 AM

A part of me is glad Obama won. It means a faster road to collapse. Just study history and the rise and fall of empires. Pretty eye-opening stuff and we are speeding far and fast down that very road. People dont know their history. There is one law that never changes in this world. Debts shall be paid - one way or another.

If it's going to happen, better to rip the bandaid off fast rather than the long slow agonizing pull, and hope it comes to a head in my lifetime to save my kids and grandbabies.

Yeah, that's kind of where I am. Plus, if Romney had won, that would make it easier to blame the inevitable collapse on "deregulation" and "drastic cuts" to government spending (because as you know that's how Republicans govern).  If we're going to have statism, I'd rather it not be cloaked in the rhetoric of liberty and free markets. 
firefop (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 04:00:28 PM

Yeah, that's kind of where I am. Plus, if Romney had won, that would make it easier to blame the inevitable collapse on "deregulation" and "drastic cuts" to government spending (because as you know that's how Republicans govern).  If we're going to have statism, I'd rather it not be cloaked in the rhetoric of liberty and free markets. 

As a consolation prize I have to agree --- I'd rather have the collapse happen under a liberal.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 09:58:36 PM

It's actually quite easy to explain but there are correct and different explanations for it:

. Obama wins the election, stupid, mainly racist people ( lets be honest here guys ) get terrified and start buying up bitcoins because they think the end of the world is coming and want to get out of the dollar - this may explain a short term rise so soon, I remember seeing on the news at one time about how Gun Stores actually benefited greatly from Obama's scary gun law threats because everyone would rush to buy guns to prepare themselves for a civil war that wouldn't happen, same logic can apply to Bitcoin

. Obama is going to continue pursuing business as usual policies of inflation and blowing up anyone that looks at his country funny which will massively increase the debt and a rise in bitcoin prices is simply a reaction to his future policies much like the way currencies sometimes react to announcements by central banks etc.

. The USD is controlled by the Federal Reserve who are the only ones that can print the bank notes, they buy up bonds and securities to maintain a certain level of volatility that speculators can deal with whereas with Bitcoin it is a deflationary de-centralized currency not really controlled by any one entity, I believe that speculating with the currency itself is actually a fairly stupid idea because of course it doesn't have the same predictability the USD has as if you decided to purchase bitcoins for speculation purposes someone could just easily dump a ton of bitcoins or purchase them to ruin your day

That's how I understand the current situation at least in my mind.
Arto
Donator

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 10:24:53 PM

Exactly this. Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better.

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 10:26:36 PM

You want your kids to live in a  collapsed society?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 10:32:24 PM

What makes you think we aren't already?

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 10:36:38 PM

The fact that I can buy food easily. 

myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 10:42:06 PM

The fact that I can buy food easily. 
Poor qualification. Food is readily available in Kenya and Somalia, as well.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: