Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:52:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DASH goons spamming the Altcoin section  (Read 1206 times)
DrkLvr_ (OP)

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 01:51:57 PM

There has been a huge influx of Dash spam in the past weeks. Do Dashers believe it will save their coin?

Dead cat bounce complete. Ready for the next leg down
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 02:37:55 PM

And you figured the best way to reduce spam is to start one more thread?  Huh  Roll Eyes
illodin

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 02:38:54 PM

Do Dashers believe it will save their coin?

I hope they don't believe that. It didn't do Monero any good afaik,
DrkLvr_ (OP)

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 04:11:19 PM

And you figured the best way to reduce spam is to start one more thread?  Huh  Roll Eyes

Yes i'm calling attention to the fact that there are several Dash spam threads opened recently as the price began to tumble.

To make matters worse, they are Self-Moderated threads. As you say it is well known spam threads do not work and its the same individuals (users qwizzie and ddink). Are they the major bagholders now for Dash or are they being paid to provide this spamming service?

It's also interesting that Mr. qwizzie claims Bitcointalk is unimportant and that's why the instamine isn't even mentioned on the OP here... what load of bollocks. If it's not important why do they continue spamming the Altcoin section here instead of their own "far more important" forum

Please.. the instamine isn't even mentioned on the Dash ANN thread.

Dash has a far more important forum in use where it does get mentioned

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 08:24:26 PM

I've talked about this problem on various occasions with guys that do it.
I believe they feel it is necessary.
In other words if they don't jam it down your throat as much as possible they will lose traction / adoption etc.
But that is silly.. Good things don't need advertising.
Things go viral for a reason.

I think many of these coins would fall off the face of the earth if it wasn't for their spamming though.
It seems like a play of desperation (for attention)
And once they let up the coin will sink.

Most of these coins are limping along close to death.. Monero, Bitshares, NXT etc.
We all heard of them and if i wanted to buy NXT etc i would have done it looooong ago.
So what is the point trying to be sly with advertising ?
There is still the same small amount of users (a gradually shrinking crypto user base)
It's preaching to the choir.
It's like those guys think if they nag you enough you will go to your bank and take it $2,000 to Monero or something LOL

And what is with the inconsistency with moderation on this matter ?
I for example had one single topic i made on Jackpotcoin and every once in a while i would bump it with new info.
The last time i did that i posted 1 comment saying the dev was launching a major wallet update.
Then shortly after mod's deleted my topic.. citing Advertising  Roll Eyes
And my topic was like almost a year old and it was never a problem until randomly one day..

Then take Blocknet for example.. the sleazy douches here bought into it early and then complained to mods i think
and get some topics made about it deleted.. such as i made a topic about the dev claiming he was going to sue me.
No other topic would be more appropriate to post here then that.. bam! deleted.
They claimed i made too many topics.
But there was a lot to the Blocknet launch including a web of deceit that stretched all over.
They went out of their way to removes topics that were the sole place for info.
And they let the topics run long enough so people posted lots for weeks then way later killed them off when no one was looking.

Then have a look around..
Seen any Bitshares, Monero, NXT shilling and spamming ?
And yes i can see some topics from that group that ARE deleted but there is still TONS perma-bumped to page one 24/7 *blatantly.
You can see a log of Moderator actions here in case you guys didn't know.

I think the toleration of what constitute spamming / advertising here is historically extremely inconsistent and suspect.

FUD first & ask questions later™
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 08:41:55 PM

And you figured the best way to reduce spam is to start one more thread?  Huh  Roll Eyes

Yes i'm calling attention to the fact that there are several Dash spam threads opened recently as the price began to tumble.

People convince themselves that they are doing something worthwhile, which usually tied up into some sort of addiction, boredom, lack of self-discipline, groupthink emotional blanket, vested interest, etc.. Forums posting is quite addictive because there is an instant dopamine fix reward and it requires very little effort to post. Yet when your post gets shot down, one needs to immediately form a defense else the dopamine fix turns to a rollercoaster crash. And I am posting here  Embarrassed

illodin

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 08:50:42 PM

I didn't know that, where is that log?
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 09:50:48 PM

I didn't know that, where is that log?

/modlog.php

Warning it's a long list (no 56k users)

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 11:40:00 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 12:03:31 AM by EvilDave

Oy, Spoetnik.....I call foul on your lumping Nxt in with BitShares and Monero.

Mostly Nxt threads are about new developments in the eco-system, so posting/discussing new stuff is what a forum is for.....some threads do get bumped like mad, but usually by Nxt critcs, like iCEBREAKERs insistence on spending 20 pages calling Nxt a scam.
I've only seen one outright Nxt shill thread round here in the last few weeks, and even I facepalmed when I saw it.  Shocked

Aaaand......Nxt was born here on BTT, and raised here for a damn long time. Even though we've got our own fun-filled forum and lots of Slacks, Nxt people still like to hang out here.
Have you ever seen Nxt pull up its skirts like a little girl and flounce off BTT because of the nasty trolls ? There are plenty who have.
Like it or not, Nxt is an integral part of the altcoin scene, and of BTT. So....nah!
Not the same as bloody BTS or Monero. Git.....

EDIT: Almost forgot: as of one hour ago, I'm sort of a salaried employee for Nxt:
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/%28marketing-business-and-development%29-the-tennessee-project-fundraiser/
So you can, from now until Halloween 2016, call me a paid Nxt shill.... Grin

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:16:55 AM

i added NXT in that mix because in the past there was severe spamming problems (about a year ago)
also i think it has a bad distribution / launch just like all these other shit coins.

tell everyone how it was launched NXT fans..
It was mined on day 1 ?
Was there an IPO ? how did it work ?
and really... what the fuck difference does it make then the others like Monero ?
same code stolen from Github and modded.. and IPO'd, ICO'd, Cloud Funded, Angel Invested, Kickstarted etc.
AKA: scammy ponzi bs.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:28:51 AM

i added NXT in that mix because in the past there was severe spamming problems (about a year ago)
also i think it has a bad distribution / launch just like all these other shit coins.

tell everyone how it was launched NXT fans..
It was mined on day 1 ?
Was there an IPO ? how did it work ?
and really... what the fuck difference does it make then the others like Monero ?
same code stolen from Github and modded.. and IPO'd, ICO'd, Angel Invested Cloud Funded, Angel Invested, Kickstarted etc.
AKA: scammy ponzi bs.

I'm going to assume that you're heavily intoxicated by your random capitalizations and punctuations as well as the semi-coherent nature of your ramblings, and that you probably won't even going to be conscious by the time I post a reply, but to answer your questions and clarify:

NXT was distributed by IPO/ICO to (nominally) 72 investors, although there's no way to tell if it was actually 6 investors that bought 12 stakes; there was no mining period.

It's not "stolen" if the code is open source and MIT licensed, it's called forking a repo, and it's perfectly legitimate.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 04:00:49 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 05:45:23 AM by Spoetnik

I am well aware that NXT was an IPO.. that was my point that went over your head.

Sure i will say stolen too (close enough)
All these coins recycle vast amounts of open source code then parade it around like they wrote it.
What percentage do these guys write ? 2% ?

Don't like my writing style ?

edit:
i guess that has nothing to do with Dash though jwinterm LOL

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 05:03:52 AM

Don't like my writing style ?

Dealing with it.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 08:42:55 AM

Nxt was written in Java from the ground up....over 2 years ago. No legacy/snaffled code....
It's not a copy of anything else, unlike the mass of shitcoins that are based on BTC/LTC.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
extrobot

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 11:33:13 AM

dash dead currency....it never bring anything to to crypto community anyway.
maincoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:11:38 AM

Well for a coin to get populair it needs to be talked about so maybe that's why
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW