Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:35:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people REALLY use bitcoin  (Read 5171 times)
smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 01:28:52 PM

Well i want to use my bitcoin to buy a laptop.
Currently interested in a Macbook Pro Retina Display.
If anyone has for selling let me know, what i use bitcoin is mostly for trading.

Yes you can buy anything whatever you prefer with bitcoin. There are many electronic merchants who accepts bitcoin online. In the case if you're finding a bitcoin debit card then there would be more chances to buy a bitcoin in physical store itself.
Currently I know of two of hand: Dell and Newegg electronics.
As for them carrying Apple, I don't think they hold these products. They would have to be a licensed authorized reseller which is given out exclusively by them and I think the biggest big box store outside of their own are Best buy.
Maybe trade in bitcoins for best buy gift certificates. That might be your better option.

Or use the Fold app to pay in your local Starbucks  Smiley

Well if i were living in united states that would be another story.
Apple has an offer for students which every laptop is $200 off.
I live in EU and the price are much more different (most of the times they don't exchange the dollar to euro, just put the € instead of $ Tongue)
Your suggestions guys are great, will have a look at them and i hope to find any which fits my needs.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 01:35:06 PM

Any time I need to buy something, if I can buy it with Bitcoin I will. Example: The watch Im wearing I ordered fro Overstock.com recently. This was my second ever purchase with Overstock, both paid for in Bitcoin. I also shop at Newegg.com often and pay with Bitcoin. I just ordered an external hard drive today.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 01:47:13 PM

I could be wrong but I suppose point of OP is to show that not many people actually use Bitcoin other than for speculation, i.e. selling it later for a (hopefully) much higher price. There is nothing wrong with that even if were its sole purpose. Of course it isn't its only function, but I would seriously refrain from buying anything with Bitcoin apart from other assets such a gold or jewlery maybe. Why? I mined my bitcoins and once bought a pair of GPU raiser/extension cables worth 20 bucks for 10 Bitcoins. Yes, it was around December 2011. Now I'm thinking how could I ever do that? And I was laughing before about the Pizza guy! Ouch! In 5 or 10 years, I'm sure you will regret having bought anything with Bitcoins instead of holding onto them. Perhaps it's different if the price is stable for a longer time and you buy your bitcoins with fiat right before your purchase.
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 01:53:31 PM

-snip
As for them carrying Apple, I don't think they hold these products. They would have to be a licensed authorized reseller which is given out exclusively by them and I think the biggest big box store outside of their own are Best buy.
Maybe trade in bitcoins for best buy gift certificates. That might be your better option.

I just checked the Newegg website to try to buy a Macbook.
And seems that they do not accept now bitcoin, maybe they have any issue?
See this picture: only bitcoin is not available to make purchase:

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 02:07:25 PM

-snip

I am pretty sure they have some temporary issues! I haven't seen any announcements anywhere that they are dropping Bitcoin as the payment method!

If anyone has any news or updates, thanks for sharing! I will shoot an email to their support, let's see what their response will be.
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 07:49:13 PM

Correct. I have seen a lot of past purchasers using the bitcoin feature on Newegg with successful transactions.
I don't know why they temporarily disabled this function on their site.
Could it because they can't evaluate a proper amount to charge due to the increase in value today?
Last I checked it was $349, almost at the $350 mark as a lot of people have predicted would happen today.

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 08:35:05 PM

I just wanted to know if you guys use bitcoin quite often in your life. Please give me some occasions where you have used bitcoin.

I get more and more often surprised when i speak to someone about bitcoin and the person i speak to knows what bitcoins are. Today i spoke to a relatively old man. I told him that i moved to bitcoin and he did not ask about it as if he knew. I asked back and yes, he knew about it. He had heard something about that in television. And he even had his investment adviser buy bitcoins for him, or let's say, he trades for him, trying to accumulate value by doing it.

Surprise surprise. Bitcoins fame is rising. Smiley

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:38:54 AM

Only for investments and money making or fun.

I hardly spend it for every day goods since I dont have any shop nearby.

Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:48:38 AM

I use Bitcoin to receive payments and to avoid taxes.

Quite usefull, even if I can't spend BTC directly most of the times
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:51:22 AM

I started using bitcoin just last year when I realized that it is much more easier to earn than $ ( for my case ). It helps in purchasing digital goods and also mobile recharge is available online intantly so I use bitcoin daily for it is convinient. Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:37:16 AM

I haven't use bitcoin to buy anything or use them to pay bills since the day I knew about bitcoin. I'm just earning a bitcoin and convert them into physical money. That's only I want not buying anything online.
1990BEARS

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:10:56 AM

i have use bitcoin to buy paper magazine subscription and also movies online. it is starting to grow in my area!
zPanda

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:21:47 AM

I have definitely used Bitcoin for keeping my savings.
NextTroll

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:01:32 AM

I just wanted to know if you guys use bitcoin quite often in your life. Please give me some occasions where you have used bitcoin.

I use bitcoin to pay for domain and hosting
yurinov

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:53:06 AM

i am only person in my life that keep bitcoin in savings. not many people around me know about bitcoin
makcik

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:14:58 PM

Bitcoins is a global currency, no doubt about that. It can be used in any part of the world. Exactly, any part in this world. But, still it is not so much famous in many countries and in some countries, people don't use it at all.
But, still as an estimate there are about more than 6-7 million people across the globe using it. It's used by people in majority in USA, UK and even Australia. But, btc is expected to expand in upcoming years.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:25:58 PM

Many but it cannot be numbered though. Some uses bitcoins for paying ads. Some are earners who makes profits. Those who pay the ads pays the earners. A great sample would be the faucets. There are different types of users.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:40:02 PM

-snip

I am pretty sure they have some temporary issues! I haven't seen any announcements anywhere that they are dropping Bitcoin as the payment method!

If anyone has any news or updates, thanks for sharing! I will shoot an email to their support, let's see what their response will be.

I tried to search about it on google, and maybe bitcoin payment isn't available for all goods in there.
Here's the news that i've found : https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/newegg-bitcoin-only-deals-to-look-for-on-bitcoin-black-friday/

I can't find really accurate news or updates, so better see their response.

I think its because Newegg sells through other merchants as well as from their own stock. I assume they can only accept Bitcoin for their own goods.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:14:33 PM

I use bitcoin to pay for domain and hosting

Yeah, also my friend have doing like that. He uses bitcoin to buy domain and hosting in some his own site. He thinks it's easier than he buy that by his currency in real life.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Republic of Coin

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:43:35 PM

I use bitcoin to do online shopping. I buy computers and hardware components with bitcoin whenever I can.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: