Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:14:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] VOXELS (VOX) | The Official Coin of Virtual Reality and Voxelus Platform  (Read 418510 times)
ReturnBits

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 02:22:37 PM

For security the source code will be held back from the public for approximately one year.

As if... if it was up to date with bitcoin... there would be nothing to worry about security wise...

They must not be using any of bitcoins code. The bitcoin license says that anyone using the bitcoin code must have the code open source.

Not actually true since Bitcoin is licensed under the MIT license which does not have this copyleft restriction.

Either way this is still considered a closed off private network since outsiders can't mine valid blocks anyway. See my previous comment.

Well if its priv source and a priv network, and its listed on polo, it would only make sense to buy more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rvanbuchu6626

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 01:19:35 AM

The crypto community is filled with newbies.  It makes me sick how veterans on get the fourm boards and try to intice panic among the rest of the community that dosen't know any better.  I realize and respect that only the strong survive in the crypto, but just because you people know how to sound intelligent on a forum board and miss-direct people won't stop me from pulling you're card.  Just because the rest of world is founded on greed does not mean you have the right to sway people out of their hard earned money.  Not everybody is technologically inclined.  The crypto community is here to make the world better via simplicity, not with trolls trying to misdirect people into  buying and selling.   Food or thought.
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 04:49:31 AM

We don't hear about any updates, news or progress reports from the people at Voxelus inspite of repeated requests. There is not enough respect for the investors that paid over 10x the current price. So yes, it is indeed looking scammy. Uphold / Halsey Minor may be running a giant scam
wtman
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 07:19:49 AM

Hey all,

Please see the post below that Voxelus CEO Martin Repetto shared today. He asked us to share this with the Voxel community here.

-Molly

How Voxelus Will Become the #1 VR Content Destination in Less than a Year

After a very long time working hard to get all of our technology together, I can now report that all of our launches have been very successful from a technical point of view – and now we are focused on the marketing and business development of the Marketplace and its content to grow it to the #1 VR content destination in the world.
Our Voxelus Creator is now launched (with more than 75,000 downloads); our Voxelus Viewer is now available for Oculus Rift, Samsung Gear VR and shortly for Google Cardboard and HTC Vive; and our industry-first VR content marketplace is now live and selling exciting VR assets for users to create worlds and experiences, as well as providing hundreds of free items.  We also allow our users play their creations and realtime multiplayer in VR.

Today is May 2nd, and it is my commitment as CEO of Voxelus to take the exciting, nascent world of immersive virtual reality and provide the best experience for those millions of consumers who will be buying their first headsets between now and the Christmas gift-buying season.  Here are our concrete steps to make this happen as fast as possible:

1)    Later this month, we will announce the capability of creators to build worlds with in-world building capabilities.  In other words, you can not only build your own VR world, but you can then let users customize their own version of it, or solve a puzzle, or interact with one another through building sub-worlds inside of the main world.  This is a first that will allow for new revenue streams for content creators, as well as great new experiences for users. All of this, from within the VR experience using very simple tools.

2)    Continuing to add new content.  Our deal with Flat Pyramid provides us with 7,000 3D assets we will be converting to add immersive VR.  Our content creator incentives and revenue share programs should add hundreds to thousands more or original assets, games and entire worlds built by our users.

3)    Starting May 15th, content creators developing worlds for Voxelus will compete for 5,000 voxels per month, with a top prize of 2,000 voxels for most played app, 1,000 voxels for second place, 500 voxels for third place, and 250 voxels each to the next six places.  These voxels will be free of any restrictions and sent to the winner’s wallet inside the Voxelus Platform. 

4)    We will also be announcing user incentives to have new VR users actually buy their first piece of content on Voxelus for free!  The number of voxels being offered will be announced shortly, but they will be only usable on the site, not given away for trading.

5)    We will also be announcing the formation of a Voxel Foundation shortly, which will be funded by Voxelus but operated independently, charged with evangelism, business development, outreach, bounties and hackathons to develop new features, scaling and maintenance, and developing new APIs for other VR applications, tools, worlds and even hardware to work with and to accept voxels.  The Quantum Leap Pro VR camera (list price $10,000) has already announced it will accept voxels as payment at a 5 percent discount when it begins taking order later this month.

6)    Finally, we wanted to let everyone know that we are fully committed to both making Voxelus the world’s leading VR content platform, as well as to having the Voxel be the digital token the world uses to buy, sell and play virtual reality.  We feel the Voxel price is quite undervalued, and as we achieve the above metrics – as well as announce future partnerships and branded content offerings that the Voxel price will be several hundred percent higher than it is today, and well above the highest price anyone paid in last year’s crowdsale.

Best regards,
Martin Repetto - Voxelus CEO

Requesting a fairly detailed update on each of the 6 points from official Vox team please. Will check back shortly for the response. If someone has a link for the update please let me know. I noticed Vox doesn't have a slack yet which is a downside of Vox imo since every decent altcoin community is on Slack now. Thank you

Passing this along to the PR team for a response. There is a slack team, feel free to pm your email to me to be added.

12 days and we haven't heard jack yet.
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 04:45:09 PM

Got a bag of VOX at 8k sats, pretty decent upside potential as there is constant development. Good business idea.

Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 02:19:36 AM

For security the source code will be held back from the public for approximately one year.

As if... if it was up to date with bitcoin... there would be nothing to worry about security wise...

They must not be using any of bitcoins code. The bitcoin license says that anyone using the bitcoin code must have the code open source.

I guarantee they are using bitcoin source code illegally

Would Jim Blasko care to respond?
wtman
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 06:16:17 AM

Voxels is a scam.

Slack is dead
Forum is dead
No responses to questions and no updates

Vox will never recover to its ICO price. Maybe it will in 5 years, but it is unlikely. That is just to RECOVER our investment. Forget about making a return with this below par closed source private blockchain with devs that don't even care to release updates. When they were asked about an update recently, they showed us an update from May and claimed to have "no time" to waste on Slack because they were working.

It is unlikely that Voxels as a currency will gain even if Voxelus platform gets popular. Who is going to use a privately checkpointed chain with closed source with a bad reputation from running a scam ico? They might use Uphold API for their payments instead anyway. Voxels as a crypto is irrelevant and of no future use.

I don't want to wait 5 years for the price to recover (very small chance and unlikely). 5 years is a lot of time, so I better get my investment out and invest in more reliable places. All the hype about Halsey Minor and Uphold has been just to keep this sinking ship going for longer and keeping ICO investors fooled, but it won't be possible anymore.

They hope to build the future Youtube of VR and I can assure you that it won't be possible with this SCAM Reputation, as you have scammed so many investors with fake VR / Halsey Minor hype. Its been a while you have been keeping us in the dark. If you really believe Voxelus is going to be the Youtube of VR, you should issue refunds to everyone at the original ICO price. Put up a buy wall at any exchange so that people can sell Vox back to you at the original ico price. We are not asking for a premium but just our money back. Then you can save yourselves from the scammy reputation and have better odds of the Youtube of VR getting successful, otherwise no one is going to trust and use Voxelus. Refunding investors is a small cost to pay for saving your reputation among future Voxelus users.

With that said, given the experience I have had with the Voxelus team, I highly doubt these people can make Voxelus a huge success even in 5 years. Therefore, it is likely that we will never see our Voxelus investment back. However, the Voxelus team believes in their idea, so they should refund us and save their reputation.

For all the above reasons, I would urge all of you investors who have been fooled by Halsey Minor hype to ask for a refund from Voxelus. This is the only way we can recover our investment and park it in better investment opportunities, as this project isn't going anywhere even in 5 years which is a long time of our life.

Halsey Minor, Martin Repetto, Jim Blasko and whoever else has some say, please refund our investment as we don't want to be part of this Scam anymore. We can then go our separate ways. Maybe you guys should give away all the bought back Voxels to every bitcoin holder for free just like Stellar did recently.

Various investors on this forum, twitter and slack are of the opinion that Voxelus should refund their ICO investors. We do not want to be a part of this anymore. Save yourselves the embarrassment and we really hope you become the Youtube of VR in 5 years (I assure you that you will never be there with reputation of running a scam ICO) It is time to undo your wrongdoing. We want our investment back (no more, no less). I hope you understand this and initiate the refund process. Thank you
danskepankki

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 06:26:40 AM

Voxels is a scam.

Slack is dead
Forum is dead

Vox will never recover to its ICO price. Maybe it will in 5 years, but it is unlikely. That is just to RECOVER our investment. Forget about making a return with this below par closed source private blockchain with devs that don't even care to release updates. When they were asked about an update recently, they showed us an update from May and claimed to have "no time" to waste on Slack because they were working.

It is unlikely that Voxels as a currency will gain even if Voxelus platform gets popular. Who is going to use a privately checkpointed chain with closed source with a bad reputation from running a scam ico? They might use Uphold API for their payments instead anyway. Voxels as a crypto is irrelevant and of no future use.

I don't want to wait 5 years for the price to recover (very small chance and unlikely). 5 years is a lot of time, so I better get my investment out and invest in more reliable places. All the hype about Halsey Minor and Uphold has been just to keep this sinking ship going for longer and keeping ICO investors fooled, but it won't be possible anymore.

They hope to build the future Youtube of VR and I can assure you that it won't be possible with this SCAM Reputation, as you have scammed so many investors with fake VR / Halsey Minor hype. Its been a while you have been keeping us in the dark. If you really believe Voxelus is going to be the Youtube of VR, you should issue refunds to everyone at the original ICO price. Put up a buy wall at any exchange so that people can sell Vox back to you at the original ico price. We are not asking for a premium but just our money back. Then you can save yourselves from the scammy reputation and have better odds of the Youtube of VR getting successful, otherwise no one is going to trust and use Voxelus. Refunding investors is a small cost to pay for saving your reputation among future Voxelus users.

With that said, given the experience I have had with the Voxelus team, I highly doubt these people can make Voxelus a huge success even in 5 years. Therefore, it is likely that we will never see our Voxelus investment back. However, the Voxelus team believes in their idea, so they should refund us and save their reputation.

For all the above reasons, I would urge all of you investors who have been fooled by Halsey Minor hype to ask for a refund from Voxelus. This is the only way we can recover our investment and park it in better investment opportunities, as this project isn't going anywhere even in 5 years which is a long time of our life.

Halsey Minor, Martin Repetto, Jim Blasko and whoever else has some say, please refund our investment as we don't want to be part of this Scam anymore. We can then go our separate ways. Maybe you guys should give away all the bought back Voxels to every bitcoin holder for free just like Stellar did recently.

Various investors on this forum, twitter and slack are of the opinion that Voxelus should refund their ICO investors. We do not want to be a part of this anymore. Save yourselves the embarrassment and we really hope you become the Youtube of VR in 5 years (I assure you that you will never be there with reputation of running a scam ICO) It is time to undo your wrongdoing. We want our investment back (no more, no less). I hope you understand this and initiate the refund process. Thank you

And fake pump, now is dumped to 7k sat, lmao. Who pumps this coin is a totally retarded, the ico price was 0.001+ btc, and many bagholders are waiting for dump even with losses. The current price is 1/14 of ico price, the most shit ico have seen, just is a scam.
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 06:36:30 AM

Voxels is a scam.

Slack is dead
Forum is dead

I recommend that you start a separate thread about this and from there you will build the community and gain more supporters, this VOX  is just plain manipulation and no regards for early investors.
wtman
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 07:05:47 AM

Voxels is a scam.

Slack is dead
Forum is dead

I recommend that you start a separate thread about this and from there you will build the community and gain more supporters, this VOX  is just plain manipulation and no regards for early investors.

Ok, are you an investor and do you want a refund too? Which forum section do you think the refund thread should go to?
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 07:29:19 AM

Voxels is a scam.

Slack is dead
Forum is dead

Ok, are you an investor and do you want a refund too? Which forum section do you think the refund thread should go to?

I recommend to start  on the altcoin discussion section.
blackjackboss

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 07:36:39 AM

Voxels is a scam.

Slack is dead
Forum is dead

I recommend to start  on the altcoin discussion section.

Scam accusation section can be copied one, because this is indeed a scam. Never heard a legit project has been dumped so hard, must be an insta dump. 
wtman
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 08:33:40 AM

Started a new thread guys https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1588193.new#new

Let me know if it is OK. Lets demand the refund. The price is never going to recover
wtman
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:46:44 AM

The following is no longer true. Uphold has Litecoin and Ethereum too.

Voxels will be the only cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin supported by Uphold.
hugelobster

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:49:26 AM

And uphold is a cheap website, not worth much, but created for scamming people to invest in the crowdsale, damn dev  Cheesy Cheesy
wtman
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:22:12 PM

And uphold is a cheap website, not worth much, but created for scamming people to invest in the crowdsale, damn dev  Cheesy Cheesy

No, uphold is actually serious business
adidasbest

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:24:29 PM

No, uphold is actually serious business

That's why you invested this, because you overestimated uphold site. It is actually a cheap thing, just build for "products", for vox token sales.
jimblasko (OP)

Activity: 510
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 07:07:44 PM

Let's clear this one up. Back in November, Uphold themselves stated that Voxels would be the only other crypto besides Bitcoin used on the site. When I stated it here at the end of last year, it was true . It was originally stated by Anthony the CEO of uphold in a letter they sent out to all their investors. 5 months later Uphold decided to add ETH and LTC. I'm not sure why that's a problem because it allows you to trade LTC and ETH for VOX.
jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 07:08:54 PM

Great coin for long term.

Indeed! Thanks for the comment
jimblasko (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 07:16:36 PM

Martin and myself, are doing another interview with UploadVR.com this week. They are the number one news source for VR news and they like Voxelus and Voxels. The last story was a cover story that did very well on their site for exposure. Once the interview goes live I'll let you guys know.

In other news, Voxelus is now the number one source on the planet for VR content with over 500 worlds to explore. With VR starting to pick up steam, new users everyday will need a place to go for new VR content. Voxelus is currently the leader in VR content so we expect good things to come.    

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: