Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:22:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a new coin to invest in.  (Read 2046 times)
riso2015 (OP)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:01:25 PM

Hey guys so I'm looking for a new coin to throw about $100-$150 into. It doesn't have to make me super rich but a little bit of a profit would be nice. Anyone have any suggestions?

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:24:56 AM

bitcoin was the best candidate , you just missed the best opportunity to earn more than x2 on it
MbccompanyX

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:35:00 AM

bitcoin was the best candidate , you just missed the best opportunity to earn more than x2 on it

i think that maybe wasn't thinking of investing on bitcoin, maybe we was trying to tell some actually new coin launched on those months....

XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:52:51 AM

i think that maybe wasn't thinking of investing on bitcoin, maybe we was trying to tell some actually new coin launched on those months....

What the hell are you talking about?

OP, you can always trade in bitcoins these days with the huge volatility, investing into a new coin is pretty risky, how new do you want the coin to be? You can always check for yourself the altcoin section for new coins and pick one that is not a scam, hint: 99% of them are a scam, although you can make money with scam coins aswell but it's too risky.
MbccompanyX

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 08:05:18 AM

What the hell are you talking about?

OP, you can always trade in bitcoins these days with the huge volatility, investing into a new coin is pretty risky, how new do you want the coin to be? You can always check for yourself the altcoin section for new coins and pick one that is not a scam, hint: 99% of them are a scam, although you can make money with scam coins aswell but it's too risky.

1. i was thinking that bitcoin wasn't an option for he
2. not all the 99% of the new coins are scam, if you check bit1 dead coin list on the last 2 months only the 50% of the new coin becamed dead because scam or other reason (virus, etc....)

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:17:25 PM

New coins are very risky to buy. Look for coins that are in top volume in the exchange. That should give you an idea on which coin to buy as usually altcoins with good volume are volatile which will create opportunities to earn bitcoin.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:13:27 PM

New coins forget those unless they have some AMAZING dev that just coded something that no other dev had done or is looking at doing.
150bucks i would spread over a few outsiders that have been around a while that are supposedly working on some new amazing feature and sound convincing. If they ever pull it off then your 150bucks could become worth a lot more.

Of course it could become 15 bucks or zero bucks.

I would not probably look outside the top 100 coins if you want to take medium risk with the funds.

Also long term perhaps investors will want to collect a few old famous alts that were released early on in the block chain currency calendar.

Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 12:38:30 AM

NXT.
ETH.

Otherwise keep your BTC.

..and new coins?  Do you want to lose it all?  The ANN section needs to be closed.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:35:59 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2015, 01:06:16 AM by CoinHoarder

Off the top of my head... (I'm probably forgetting a few)... mostly in order of most liked to least liked...

I am the most excited about the future of:

Bitcoin, King of cryptocurrencies
Bitshares, Decentralized exchange
Ethereum, Decentralized programming language
Maidsafe/Storjcoin X, Decentralized file storage and web hosting
Nxt, A lot of innovations and features
Ripple/Stellar, Seamlessly combines FIAT and multiple Cryptocurrency transactions
Monero/Boolberry/Aeon, Anonymous transactions
Supernet, The first multi-cryptocurrency collaboration which combines features of Cryptocurrencies
VPNCoin, Decentralized VPNs
GenesysCoin/Spells Of Genesis, Decentralized gaming concepts
GridCoin, The only useful PoW algorithm (useful to society at large rather than securing a block chain)
Burst/MyriadCoin, Innovative PoW consensus algorithms
Dash, Despite the initial distribution they are trying a lot of new and interesting things

I haven't paid too much attention to newer alt coins though, so there are probably some newer ones I'm missing that I would likely suggest if I knew of their existence. The alt coin space is fast developing and it's hard to keep up.
vincentvincent

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 10:11:01 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2015, 10:42:59 AM by vincentvincent

BTC: first to market, will never go away
ETH: interesting new concept, maybe hyped
NXT: fascinating amount of work done and resulted in a lot of features, heavily undervalued
DOGE: not very interesting but it's cheap just like RDD (Ok I am a bagholder)
STORJ: interesting storage concept
QORA: interesting because of new codebase
SUPERNET: just for the idea: get interesting altcoins connected to each other instead of fighting and bashing
coinyoo

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:41:07 AM

NXT: Best tech out there yet
NEM: Very promising, following the PoI concept which is unique so far
QORA: Very cheap, but great tech to.
Bitcoindark: Core currencies of upcoming Supernet and InstantDex (decentralized altcoin exchange)

manis

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:52:15 AM

Hey guys so I'm looking for a new coin to throw about $100-$150 into. It doesn't have to make me super rich but a little bit of a profit would be nice. Anyone have any suggestions?

Pumps and dumps will abound. It is impossible for a neutral player to know when he is on the right side of such movements.
Unless you find a coin which is different and which you really believe in, stick to Bitcoin.
coinsect

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:57:04 AM

Like you mentioned, 50% of newly launched coins will be dead. So investing it is risky and there is 50% of chance you will lose your money. Yes , you can say there are still 50% of chance to earn money. IMO Why not invest the under valued coins mentioned above. They have all of the underlying innovative features to support. As an investors, if he holds his coins, he wouldn't lose any money.
disamsal

Activity: 232

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:12:21 PM

i would buy UNObotanium, because is an interesting project going on for quite long
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 10:07:39 PM

Look at the coins with interesting & ongoing development  (most of them are in a slump atm) OR study how new alt coins cycle otherwise you will be parted from your BTC
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 11:27:28 AM

Well, if you ask 10 people you will probably get 10 different answers of which coin is worth to invest in. You need to do research on your own. There is no holy grale to predict promising coins.
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 12:52:38 PM

I like Gambitcoin. Buy Gambitcoin. By the way I'm launching a new coin.

Personally I like alts that have a limited total supply. I think a limited supply cap helps build value long term but maybe thats just me.
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966

In holiday we trust

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 12:59:56 PM

I would seriously look at Digicube it hasn't even started to reach its full potential. That's where my moneys at.
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 02:03:48 PM

Invest in Solarcoin while its cheap. A couple of years from now and your 150 $ will turn into 150 000 $ or even more. Thank me later  Wink

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 02:31:57 PM

Look very closely at this link and decide for yourself http://aboutshadow.com/ It's seriously one of the most amazing projects since BTC and going for a user base BTC can not fill if it wants to become mainstream, 99% of other coins no matter how innovative will fail because their innovations can be rolled back into BTC this is not one of those coins, BTC can not do what SDC is doing and become mainstream at the same time, so you have a huge potential for growth.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: