Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:19:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Psychopaths trying to control Bitcoin!  (Read 2618 times)
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:47:52 PM

My guess is that the Chinese exchanges will follow too as they also need capacity for the exact same reasons.

My guess is that the Chinese are not going to be bullied by the US and there is no actual need for the capacity (as trading on exchanges is not done on the blockchain).

No one is bulling anyone. This is open source technology and people are free to do whatever they want. The biggest US companies have decided to fork because Core does not responding to their needs. Well then, be it.

Do you see how fucking ass-backward this logic is?

"The biggest US companies" have decide Bitcoin doesn't fit their need so they want to change it.

And you're saying Bitcoin should bend over and take it heh?

Nope. Bitcoin Core is free do to whatever they want and the industry is free to choose whatever implementation they want. They have spoken about what they want and they will fork if needed. That’s what freedom of choice means and represent and how things will turn out.

You know someone has completely lost touch with what Bitcoin is all about when he proposes that a bunch of VC backed corporations have the power to change Bitcoin rules to suit whatever it is they desire.

Coinbase has one vote in the matter : the node they run.

Blockchain.info has one vote in the matter : the node they run.

etc.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:57:45 PM

My guess is that the Chinese exchanges will follow too as they also need capacity for the exact same reasons.

My guess is that the Chinese are not going to be bullied by the US and there is no actual need for the capacity (as trading on exchanges is not done on the blockchain).

No one is bulling anyone. This is open source technology and people are free to do whatever they want. The biggest US companies have decided to fork because Core does not responding to their needs. Well then, be it.

Do you see how fucking ass-backward this logic is?

"The biggest US companies" have decide Bitcoin doesn't fit their need so they want to change it.

And you're saying Bitcoin should bend over and take it heh?

Nope. Bitcoin Core is free do to whatever they want and the industry is free to choose whatever implementation they want. They have spoken about what they want and they will fork if needed. That’s what freedom of choice means and represent and how things will turn out.

You know someone has completely lost touch with what Bitcoin is all about when he proposes that a bunch of VC backed corporations have the power to change Bitcoin rules to suit whatever it is they desire.

etc.

As you wish. Just wait and see.

brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:59:41 PM

As you wish. Just wait and see.

Yes, I just can't wait to ridicule you and rub that shit in your face when you & bank shill Armstrong are told:

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 07:00:35 PM

hopefully this discussion will come to an end in December or January  Roll Eyes

arsenische
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:30:56 PM

Bitcoin Core is free do to whatever they want and the industry is free to choose whatever implementation they want. They have spoken about what they want and they will fork if needed. That’s what freedom of choice means and represent and how things will turn out.

I agree

etc.

I disagree. It costs almost nothing to run a bitcoin node. Miners have much more influence on the outcome. I think it would be better if the rules could be decided by Bitcoin holders. They are the most interested to increase the utility of Bitcoin. That's why I think that:

http://bitcoinocracy.com/arguments/block-size-limit-should-be-increased-to-8-mb-as-soon-as-possible
http://bitcoinocracy.com/arguments/bip101-is-better-than-bip100

And I doubt that:

http://bitcoinocracy.com/arguments/bitcoin-future-should-be-decided-by-miners

PS: and I am pushing bitcoinocracy to see whether we can get an objective measurable cryptographically signed proof of bitcoin holders' opinion

Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:11:18 AM

Are you trying to say that psychopaths are bad? CEO's are good at what they do, that's why they are the CEO of their company. How do you know that these guys are going to come into Bitcoin and f*** it up? They might help out the Bitcoin community, you never know.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: