Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:00:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon 6? Any owners out there?  (Read 10334 times)
MCHouston (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 10:34:20 PM

I just noticed a few sites are starting to sell these like the one below.  Just wondering if any bitcointalkers have anything in their hands to review?

TIA

http://www.mybtcpool.com/product/avalon6-3-65ths/

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 11:07:43 PM

From the site "We believe this miner is the most profitable investment on the market."

I wonder how they came to that conclusion given the only other miner on the market today is more efficient and costs less per Th/s.

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 11:28:49 PM

I just noticed a few sites are starting to sell these like the one below.  Just wondering if any bitcointalkers have anything in their hands to review?

TIA

They have not arrived stateside as of today per BlockC who is the US distributer.

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
carlosmnk

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 11:53:55 PM

TIA

$1650??? too high....  Undecided

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 01:26:45 AM

TIA

I think it was like 1300 originally but blockc is now 1500 I believe on buying one.  So if they are selling at that rate that is pretty fair on re seller.

But I have never bought from that site.  So I can't say how good/ or not good it is.
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:02:49 AM

TIA

I think it was like 1300 originally but blockc is now 1500 I believe on buying one.  So if they are selling at that rate that is pretty fair on re seller.

But I have never bought from that site.  So I can't say how good/ or not good it is.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your opinion? Are you getting one as soon as possible or are you waiting for reviews from others, or not even on your radar at the moment?
Seeing you pictures and hearing the description of your farm, you probably have to consider how much you reinvest back in the farm, and when. Obviously the S5+ purchase had to be quick, but as such looks like it has turned out to be a fantastic investment for you. I think that was a right time right place scenario. Regardless of those situations where you must decide quickly, do you mind sharing how and when you are determining to replace more miners, or if you have a set financial amount you reinvest in some fashion?

I think some of these types of things may be items some people won't share, but I also think there are others who will share the way they may handle something without discussing a specific dollar amount. The experience from being involved in something many others, many who are new, look to see what they are doing.

Touching one last time on that topic I think little things like that we can work together somehow and share more details with each other to make a "Plan B" for halving. Way off topic here, but think about a plan b where people who want, people in the community, have plans on how to continue and expand on involvement in mining.

Anyway, hope to hear from you

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:19:33 AM

BlockC was at $1300 originally - which was already quite a bit too high to give a reasonable chance at RoI for folks that don't have VERY VERY cheap electric.

The current pricing is just crazy.

IMO wait for the Lketc/BW.com B-Eleven to hopefully ignite some REAL price competition.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 01:09:46 PM

TIA

If you don't mind me asking, what is your opinion? Are you getting one as soon as possible or are you waiting for reviews from others, or not even on your radar at the moment?
Seeing you pictures and hearing the description of your farm, you probably have to consider how much you reinvest back in the farm, and when. Obviously the S5+ purchase had to be quick, but as such looks like it has turned out to be a fantastic investment for you. I think that was a right time right place scenario. Regardless of those situations where you must decide quickly, do you mind sharing how and when you are determining to replace more miners, or if you have a set financial amount you reinvest in some fashion?

I think some of these types of things may be items some people won't share, but I also think there are others who will share the way they may handle something without discussing a specific dollar amount. The experience from being involved in something many others, many who are new, look to see what they are doing.

Touching one last time on that topic I think little things like that we can work together somehow and share more details with each other to make a "Plan B" for halving. Way off topic here, but think about a plan b where people who want, people in the community, have plans on how to continue and expand on involvement in mining.

I sometimes get sucked in and enjoy jumping in as I enjoy doing reviews.   The S5+ was deferentially one of those.

Unless I get a urge and end up ordering I will chances are wait.  This gives me 2 big things.  One it allows me to see if it underclocks, no one knows how far it will go.  If it has under clock capabilities like 4.1 yes I will want one.  The other thing is they raised the price from 1300 to 1500 to get close to matching  bitmains new S7 price.   So I think even if I sit just a few weeks on BTC the value will raise and I will have to spend less to get it.

But who know's I have purchased miners at last minute before.
carlosmnk

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:00:36 PM

TIA

I sometimes get sucked in and enjoy jumping in as I enjoy doing reviews.   The S5+ was deferentially one of those.

Unless I get a urge and end up ordering I will chances are wait.  This gives me 2 big things.  One it allows me to see if it underclocks, no one knows how far it will go.  If it has under clock capabilities like 4.1 yes I will want one.  The other thing is they raised the price from 1300 to 1500 to get close to matching  bitmains new S7 price.   So I think even if I sit just a few weeks on BTC the value will raise and I will have to spend less to get it.

If i can see ROI with a miner that can have 0.18J/Ghs eficiency (speculation, don't take care!) i would change all my miners to this one. It can resist the halving, too...  Roll Eyes

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:11:37 PM

TIA

If i can see ROI with a miner that can have 0.18J/Ghs eficiency (speculation, don't take care!) i would change all my miners to this one. It can resist the halving, too...  Roll Eyes

That is the big thing.  No one know's if it will underclock a little, or like 4.1 and have a pretty  huge under clock.

If they do around what you mention yes that would make them best miner out there.   But we don't know if they can do it or not till they start getting to customers.
MCHouston (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:55:17 PM

I may end up ordering one from the site. Price has a bit of a premium but they do take paypal, so some protection if they never ship me anything.

If I do I will post a review.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
ColderThanIce

Activity: 373
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 03:16:38 AM

I may end up ordering one from the site. Price has a bit of a premium but they do take paypal, so some protection if they never ship me anything.

Would you be purchasing it mainly for reviewing, or to actually try and turn a profit? If you're looking for a profit, wouldn't purchasing an S7 make more sense? Right now you can purchase a 4.05 TH/s Antminer S7 for 4 BTC (higher hashrate, less cost than the Avalon 6) which would be arriving probably around Christmas time. The site you linked to has no mention of shipping dates. Plus, the S7 is more efficient than the Avalon 6, it seems like an S7 would be a better investment if you're looking to make some money.

ROLLIN.IO  BITCOIN   DICE   GAME
   ⚁    ⚂    ⚃    ⚄   ⚅   ⚁   ⚂
                                        ███████████████████    
                                      ██                                    ██
      ██████████████████                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██  
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██████████            ██████
      ██                            ██              ██          ██
      ██                            ██                 ██       ██
      ██                            ██                    ██    ██
      ███████        ███████                        ████
                ██     ██
                ██  ██
                ████

███████████
S  O  C  I  A  L
C H A T T I N G
                    ██
                  ████
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
      ████████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████ 
              ████████
              ████████

████████

████████
██████████████
LEVEL UP SYSTEM
   WITH REWADS
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████
█         ████████████████
   ██████████████████ 
     ████████████████
        █████████████
           ██████████
                █████
██████████████
 FREE BITCOINS
Meech

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 03:30:11 AM

Would you be purchasing it mainly for reviewing, or to actually try and turn a profit? If you're looking for a profit, wouldn't purchasing an S7 make more sense? Right now you can purchase a 4.05 TH/s Antminer S7 for 4 BTC (higher hashrate, less cost than the Avalon 6) which would be arriving probably around Christmas time. The site you linked to has no mention of shipping dates. Plus, the S7 is more efficient than the Avalon 6, it seems like an S7 would be a better investment if you're looking to make some money.

I believe what they are wanting is someone to confirm that the New Avalon will underclock in similar with the last model
and if it does would run more efficient than the S7 and quieter.  That's the intent of this thread from what I gather.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 04:19:27 AM

I believe what they are wanting is someone to confirm that the New Avalon will underclock in similar with the last model
and if it does would run more efficient than the S7 and quieter.  That's the intent of this thread from what I gather.

Looks like I'll be ordering so I'll have a full clock speed vs power vs hashrate vs efficiency graph.

Tmdz

Activity: 1008

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 05:24:06 AM

The newest batch of S7 looks to be it could be undervolted for better efficient power usage.  The A6 needs a controller, worse efficiency and less hash rate...I just don't see how the avalon would be a better choice.  Maybe its a bit quieter...but once you're into this league of miners id think you would have a room dedicated to miners and power hookup.     
babycicak

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 05:28:20 AM

carlosmnk

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 06:46:21 AM

wow!!

Will you try the eficience modes? Will try to underclock and use a kill-a-metter?
We need information...

carlosmnk

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 06:58:22 AM

The newest batch of S7 looks to be it could be undervolted for better efficient power usage.  The A6 needs a controller, worse efficiency and less hash rate...I just don't see how the avalon would be a better choice.  Maybe its a bit quieter...but once you're into this league of miners id think you would have a room dedicated to miners and power hookup.     

Look at the AVALON 4.1 underclock and you can specule if the AVALON 6 will have the same hability:

Chip Freq   Voltage   Hashrate/Ghs   Power Usage/W
375:300:275   7000   800   419
375:350:300   7500   866   457
420:390:360   7625   980   542
450:390:370   8000   1000   600
500:450:430   8125   1140   710
550:500:450   8250   1250   800
570:510:470   8375   1300   990

The Avalon 4.1 have a very impresive underclock hability...

64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 06:03:39 PM

If I can add to the negatives list:

1) Claimed MOQ of 10 from blockc (but the order screen will accept an order of one).

2) No tolerances on the efficiency

3) Blockc is not just the US distributor but the "global master distributor (ex China).

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 06:13:52 PM

2) No tolerances on the efficiency
They've never had problems with tolerances or false claims, doubt It'd start now.

3) Blockc is not just the US distributor but the "global master distributor (ex China).
Why does that matter?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: