Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Active Poll
  n/a - 0 (0%)
N/A - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoCoin Explorer - Coin Block Explorers.  (Read 30756 times)
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 08:12:00 AM

Should be back up.

I am still having issues with database deadlock and continue to try and find a solution. Strangely enough it is still mostly with TRC and not PPC or FRC.

I am considering changing to a blockchain.info type system, now that the base system is available on github.

* I have changed the TRC search shortcuts to reflect 30,60,120,480 and 1920 items.

I have been busy over the last few weeks with things other than cryptocoinexplorer, though I should have a bit more time now. However spring semester started last week, so I will try my best to dedicate some time to cryptocoinexplorer.

Do you think you could post a link to the blockchain.info on github?

thanks!

https://github.com/zootreeves/blockchain.info

Lots and lots of JavaScript, after familiarizing myself with python for ABE, now I have to do the same with JavaScript development..  Cheesy

Wow, I looked at it and it's super dense. I think there being no readme file might be on purpose to discourage competition? Let me know if you start going through it. Maybe we could raise a bounty to support you documenting the whole thing so others can set it up without as much trouble.

more or less retired.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2013, 10:18:27 PM

I have been experimenting with changing database parameters on the database TRC uses on the site for some time.

A change was made a couple of days ago which appears to fix the deadlock issue. I have not had to reset TRC since Thursday night when the change was made.

(The couple of resets this afternoon were due to placing the donation information in the page template.)

I hope I have not spoken too soon <cross fingers>  Cheesy
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 12:14:47 AM

WWW.CRYPTOCOINEXPLORER.COM

The explorer has moved to a new hosting service, LiteHosting. The switchover is complete.

This will only effect situations where an application uses the numerical IP address instead of the DNS address (www.cryptocoinexplorer.com)

The new IP address is 84.200.84.74. I will keep the explorer running on both hosts for a bit longer, but no longer then the end of the month.

The owner of LiteHosting offered me a great rate, and was responsive and helpful getting things started. Please consider using LiteHosting for your hosting needs.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 04:01:34 PM

GTz on the move Smiley and site still looks as beautiful as ever Smiley

will be considering LiteHosting once my demands for hosting can be met by my LTC and BTC wallet size!!

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
John Tobey

Activity: 481
Merit: 529

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2013, 09:55:18 PM

dreamwatcher, thanks for the free service and for keeping my donation address on the pages!

I am curious to see your changes to Abe, it would be nice to integrate them upstream... eventually in my copious spare time.   Wink

Also, would you mind sharing the database tweak intended to stop the deadlocks, and does it still appear to work?  If I were doing it all over, I would decide on a transaction isolation level at the outset and code to that.  I think READ COMMITTED ought to be sufficient for this app, though it would have been worth the effort to retry deadlocks in order to support stricter isolation.  Maybe still worth the effort.

Given my time constraints, I really don't adequately test Abe but do appreciate bug reports.

Can a change to the best-chain criteria protect against 51% to 90+% attacks without a hard fork?
vedalken254

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2013, 11:53:25 PM

Terracoin part of the site seems to be down. I've tried in both IE (not by choice really, i use chrome mainly) and my usual browser of choice, Chrome. Error 103 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED): Unknown error. <--- Error from Chrome

Veddy

You've read my forum signature. That's enough social interaction for one day.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 12:01:32 AM

dreamwatcher, thanks for the free service and for keeping my donation address on the pages!

I am curious to see your changes to Abe, it would be nice to integrate them upstream... eventually in my copious spare time.   Wink

Also, would you mind sharing the database tweak intended to stop the deadlocks, and does it still appear to work?  If I were doing it all over, I would decide on a transaction isolation level at the outset and code to that.  I think READ COMMITTED ought to be sufficient for this app, though it would have been worth the effort to retry deadlocks in order to support stricter isolation.  Maybe still worth the effort.

Given my time constraints, I really don't adequately test Abe but do appreciate bug reports.

For the most part, I needed to add variables to the deserialize module to account for extra fields in the transactions. Besides setting Name, 3 code, address version and "magic numbers",
in all cases I disabled the merkle tree check. If it becomes necessary I will fix it the "right way"

I also had to change the parameters for the SCRYPT_PUBKEY_RE in all cases to  "\x21(.{33})\xac\\Z"

PPC:
Extra timestamp on the Txin
Added the ability to tell the difference between POW and POS blocks, and change the webpage header and block display accordingly.

FRC:
Extra field "Block Reference" in TXout.
TO DO: Account for demurrage in the account balance page.

TRC:
Not much, although ABE does produce a non-fatal error when trying to calculate the current block difficulty.
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/xxxxx/terracoin/Abe/DataStore.py", line 2389, in catch_up
    store.catch_up_dir(dircfg)
  File "/home/xxxxx/terracoin/Abe/DataStore.py", line 2442, in catch_up_dir
    store.import_blkdat(dircfg, ds, filename[0])
  File "/home/xxxxx/terracoin/Abe/DataStore.py", line 2566, in import_blkdat
    store.import_block(b, chain_ids = chain_ids)
  File "/home/xxxxx/terracoin/Abe/DataStore.py", line 1655, in import_block
    b['chain_work'] = util.calculate_work(prev_work, b['nBits'])
  File "/home/xxxxx/terracoin/Abe/util.py", line 74, in calculate_work
    return prev_work + target_to_work(calculate_target(nBits))
  File "/home/xxxxx/terracoin/Abe/util.py", line 56, in calculate_target
    return (nBits & 0xffffff) << (8 * ((nBits >> 24) - 3))
ValueError: negative shift count

Datastore is sending a "0" nbits, causing the error. ABE does correct the difficulty once the block is solved and is placed in the database.

This is also the issue I have with "deadlock" after a long catch up and this error. The error delays ABE long enough that the database will close the connection and ABE will lock due to a broken pipe. The error only occurs on the current block, so the catch up in relation to past blocks runs normal.

I think the correct way to solve the problem is to use a bitcoinrpc module and just get the difficulty directly from the daemon. Ultimately this will be my solution, but for now I have opened up the database parameters to allow more time before closing the connection.

There were a couple of more tweaks to the database that were done, but it was over a period of months and I had forgotten what they were... Cheesy (I know, I know...document).
That was the reason for the current lock-ups with the Hosting switch, I tried to tweak the database from memory. I have since copied over the config file from the old host and hopefully it will start to run smooth again.

I could put the current explorers up on git hub, though there would be quite a bit of repetitive data between the repositories.

vedalken254:

As mentioned above, I have replaced the database config with the config from the old server. Hopefully this will solve the "deadlock" issue on TRC for now.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 12:21:18 AM

I see that Balthazar has posted ABE configured for NVC in git hub.

Though it needs a bit of tweaking, it would not be difficult to include it on CCE (CryptoCoinExplorer).

I am on the fence about adding it.

On one hand I try to be fair and include all Alt-coins that need an explorer on CCE. (Hence why there are no LTC or DEV explorers on site, they already have well established explorers available)

On the other hand, there has been some concerns raised about its origins and relation to BTC-E.

I would like to hear from the people who use CCE. Do you want NVC added to CCE?

Please do not make this into a debate about the coin itself, there are plenty of threads on that subject. I just want opinions on whether I should add NVC to CCE.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 12:42:25 AM

Well,

It appears TRC is still having the deadlock issue even after I placed a copy of the config from the old server on the new server and restarted PostgreSQL and ABE.

I will have to put my idea of using RPC to get the difficulty on the current block of TRC explorer at the top of my to-do list.

Until then, I will keep a eye on it and reset the deadlocks as I see them happen.

Sorry about that... Sad
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 02:22:29 AM

Though it needs a bit of tweaking, it would not be difficult to include it on CCE (CryptoCoinExplorer).

On one hand I try to be fair and include all Alt-coins that need an explorer on CCE. (Hence why there are no LTC or DEV explorers on site, they already have well established explorers available)

On the other hand, there has been some concerns raised about its origins and relation to BTC-E.

Please do not make this into a debate about the coin itself, there are plenty of threads on that subject. I just want opinions on whether I should add NVC to CCE.

I would see no problem with adding NVC, if you think anyone would be interested.  Or if you would just be interested in the project yourself!  It's just a piece of information, which if anything helps to make a market more honest.

vedalken254

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 07:50:33 AM

Well,

It appears TRC is still having the deadlock issue even after I placed a copy of the config from the old server on the new server and restarted PostgreSQL and ABE.

I will have to put my idea of using RPC to get the difficulty on the current block of TRC explorer at the top of my to-do list.

Until then, I will keep a eye on it and reset the deadlocks as I see them happen.

Sorry about that... Sad

I might have an idea for you to try. Is it possible to implement a broken-pipe shutoff (aka ABE shuts off for TRC when it gets a broken pipe error) and then implement a cron job to check for the process to see if it is running and if it isn't, to start it up again?

You've read my forum signature. That's enough social interaction for one day.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 04:59:38 PM

The issue is a moot point now.

A NVC explorer has been established at:

http://explorer.khore.org/

I will revisit the issue if the other NVC explorers go offline, or if there is a compelling reason to include NVC on CCE.   Smiley
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 10:50:18 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2013, 03:28:40 AM by dreamwatcher

The Terracoin explorer will be down for awhile.

I am getting some new errors I have not seen before and it is making the explorer crash quite often.

The TRC explorer is provisionally back up.

It turned out to be a corrupt Terracoin (daemon) database.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 10:57:32 PM

I have decided to publish the source code to the explorers on Github. I do this in the spirit of open source and to encourage others to make suggestions and improve upon them.

1st one published is the PPC explorer:

https://github.com/Hartland/ABE_for_PPC

I have little experience with publishing on Github, so I am making the explorer code a new repository as forking from jtobey's repository and implementing the changes just got too confusing.

However I still want to make sure John Tobey gets the credit for the ABE project.  https://github.com/jtobey/bitcoin-abe

I will keep everybody updated as I publish the other two explorers.  Smiley
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 11:59:09 PM

Freicoin explorer source is now published:

https://github.com/Hartland/ABE_for_FRC
John Tobey

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 02:17:52 PM

I have decided to publish the source code to the explorers on Github. I do this in the spirit of open source and to encourage others to make suggestions and improve upon them.
Excellent, I was just about to request the same!

When I have time (if no one else does it first) I'd like to organize these source trees as clones or branches of jtobey/bitcoin-abe (or a new Abe repo under a shared account).  I think that will facilitate merging the code and relegating the differences to config options.

Thanks for all your work!

Can a change to the best-chain criteria protect against 51% to 90+% attacks without a hard fork?
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 03:04:55 PM

Excellent, I was just about to request the same!

When I have time (if no one else does it first) I'd like to organize these source trees as clones or branches of jtobey/bitcoin-abe (or a new Abe repo under a shared account).  I think that will facilitate merging the code and relegating the differences to config options.

Thanks for all your work!

I was never fully happy with my changes. I always thought they could be cleaner, some minor bugs fixed or a feature added. I am still not completely satisfied with the coding, but I have delayed publishing long enough.

This is the reason I have not released the TRC explorer yet, one bug I still want to squash before I publish.  Cheesy
John Tobey

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 04:12:36 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2013, 04:27:34 PM by John Tobey

I was never fully happy with my changes.
I sympathize, but if complete satisfaction were a criterion, there would be no Abe.  See: Release Early, Release Often.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2013, 04:48:53 PM

Dammit,

Day ONE issue.  Shocked

I have released a commit on both PPC and FRC explorers addressing an issue I just learned about.

I have not had to create new databases in quite some time, so I did not realize there was a DDL implicit issue when creating new databases.

I discovered the issue when setting up a fresh TRC explorer on the test server to work on the current difficulty bug in the TRC explorer.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 12:16:59 AM

Just thought I would give an update on that is happening with the explorers.

I am no longer having issues with the databases, I believe I have narrowed down the major issues to an compatibility problem between Chrome and the web server built into python.

Over the last month or so, I noticed that requests from the same IP addresses or address pools, seemed to be crashing the explorers.

After some research I found that Chrome has a tendency to create a rather large amount of parallel connections and then proceeds to communicate on the second connection it created.

The python server gets stuck waiting for a response from the first connection, connections time out..pipes get broken...and so forth.

I will start working on using a different server mechanism for the explorers, possibly Twisted or Fastcgi.

If anybody has suggestions or would like to help, it would be greatly appreciated. The source for the PPC and FRC explorers are on github.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: