Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Active Poll
  n/a - 0 (0%)
N/A - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoCoin Explorer - Coin Block Explorers.  (Read 30744 times)
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 01:49:11 AM

BTC TESTNET Explorer is now up on CCE

The explorer is having some issues with the transactions in the difficulty 1.0 blocks. Are they some kind of new (or previously unused) script type?

Any information on what kind of transactions are in the difficulty 1 blocks would help me fix the explorer to understand them.

http://btctest.cryptocoinexplorer.com
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The_Catman

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 05:50:50 AM

Soooooo, about that Worldcoin removal? I have no investment or any real interest in Worldcoin in particular but how can I rely on your site if you just randomly remove coins and give absolutely no reason for it?

BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 06:01:28 AM

Gldcoin wooot!
com911

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:57:43 AM

http://amccoin.com/
AmericanCoin please! Cheesy It's on Cryptsy already.

drbanjo

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:00:31 PM

Add BitGem, please.

I will donate some BitGems.

http://www.bitgem.info
neuromancer56

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:33:23 AM

Soooooo, about that Worldcoin removal? I have no investment or any real interest in Worldcoin in particular but how can I rely on your site if you just randomly remove coins and give absolutely no reason for it?
I do have an investment and an interest in Worldcoin, and as I know of no other block explorer for Worldcoin this was a big loss not being able to know how many coins are in my offline wallet.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 03:44:36 AM

I do have an investment and an interest in Worldcoin, and as I know of no other block explorer for Worldcoin this was a big loss not being able to know how many coins are in my offline wallet.

I did not know WDC did not have a block explorer.

I was also unaware that http://wdc.block-chain.net/ pointed to CCE.

I originally took WDC off CCE (The first and only coin to be removed), because of the lack of support from the WDC community after putting it up.

When that happened, WDC had another block explorer so I figured the community had that block explorer and appeared to have little interest in CCE.

Now that I am aware WDC does not have a block explorer, I will put a WDC explorer up ASAP, tonight or tomorrow.

I am still wondering why nobody informed me of this before, especially with the above URL pointing to CCE
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 05:19:27 AM

Worldcoin is back on CCE.

wdc.cryptocoinexplorer.com
The_Catman

Activity: 168

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 06:16:47 AM

I did not know WDC did not have a block explorer.

I was also unaware that http://wdc.block-chain.net/ pointed to CCE.

I originally took WDC off CCE (The first and only coin to be removed), because of the lack of support from the WDC community after putting it up.

When that happened, WDC had another block explorer so I figured the community had that block explorer and appeared to have little interest in CCE.

Now that I am aware WDC does not have a block explorer, I will put a WDC explorer up ASAP, tonight or tomorrow.

I am still wondering why nobody informed me of this before, especially with the above URL pointing to CCE

Well people have been asking about the removal since it was removed, if you had even tried to mention why it was removed sooner things might have been sorted out quicker Roll Eyes

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:48:31 AM

I just want to let the community know that I do read the requests to add coins to CCE, and wish I could honor all of them.

I see CCE as a place to gather information form a neutral source and I believe it is vital to the cryptocoin community.

However, I have a few issues to deal with:

1. I cannot continue to put coins on the homepage the way it is, there are too many coins on it as it is. I am trying to come up with ways to deal with the homepage crowding. Perhaps a tabbed view where every coin has it's own page. The home page could just list all the coins and their network hash rate and link to the coins individual page where links and basic information could be put, maybe even a coin developers statement.

2. RESOURCES. Every coin requires a daemon to be running and database updates every time a new block comes on the network for every coin, on top of the web traffic and API requests to have the explorer read and interpret database query's. CCE is spread over two VPS's now, and not cheapo shared website type hosting. To upgrade the VPS's to the next level would double my costs, which have gone up to around 8x what they were when I started this project.

I have been offered bounties or donations to put coins on CCE presently and in the past. While they are greatly appreciated, they do not go into my decision process on a very high level, most of the bounties and donations I have received when I put a new coin on CCE were for coins I had planned on adding anyway. One also needs to realize that new alt-coins are generally not worth all that much. This is not to say I do not enjoy getting them, but projects such as this have real costs involved with them on a recurring basis. This also makes me reluctant to take bounties or donations towards a new coin, how long do I keep supporting  a dead or dying coin on CCE before removing it. I do not like making that decision in the first place and if a community has given me a bounty it will make me feel worse.
I started CryptoCoin Mine to help with all this, and granted I have not put one of the established major coins on yet, but the reception has been luke-warm at best. I guess only time will tell if that project pans out.

3. Other projects and CCE improvements. I spend ALOT of time maintaining and trying to improve CCE on top of working on other projects with other developers. I honestly do not think anybody would believe me if I told you how many hours a week I spend total. Here is a hint: I recently finished my 2nd degree (Network specialization). When the Dean saw how many hours I put in, she waived the internship/coop requirement without question... Cheesy

To sum up - I just wanted to tell the community that I am not ignoring requests to add coins. There are some issues to get worked out and decisions to be made in this new Alt-coin environment.

sal002

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 02:21:08 PM

All explorers except for POW/POS chains (PPC,NVC,BTB) have been patched with version 1 of the  getnetworkhash API. 

I forgot - have you solved a way of figuring this out for the POW/POS coins?
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:17:49 PM

All explorers except for POW/POS chains (PPC,NVC,BTB) have been patched with version 1 of the  getnetworkhash API. 

I forgot - have you solved a way of figuring this out for the POW/POS coins?

I am trying.

I have the solution figured out to both the POS/POW and having the option of using time parameters in the API instead of blocks if desired.

I have been so busy putting out fires the last few days that it keeps getting knocked back

I am going to really try and get it implemented this week. I need the API myself for some changes I want to do with CCE homepage.  Smiley
sal002

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:28:44 PM

Heh - no rush.  Just making sure there wasn't a different way to get it Smiley
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 04:26:06 AM

I have started phase 1 of the POS/POW getnetworkhash patch.

The databases are in place and the PPC,NVC and BTB explorers are collecting the POW difficulties of every block as they come on the network to be mined.

I would like to have 24 hours of data before activating the functionality of getnetworkhash on these explorers. The getnetworkhash API will not be able to go back further then when the databases were started and will automatically stop at that cut-off.

The next planned patch on the API is the ability to use blocks or time in the parameters.This will be a CCE wide patch, all the explorers will receive it.
MobGod

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 06:21:23 PM

Hey Dream can you give me a little hand i have abe running fine only thing i want to do is get the hash rate for the coins i have now is that possible? Just a little lost with the way you did it not sure what i need to add to abe.py ect.....

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
sal002

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 06:31:46 PM

Hi - there is an issues with Feathercoin on your explorer right now - see http://ftc.cryptocoinexplorer.com
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 07:19:05 PM

Hi - there is an issues with Feathercoin on your explorer right now - see http://ftc.cryptocoinexplorer.com

Fixed
MobGod

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 07:53:25 PM

Fixed
Dream can you answer my msg or the question about hash rate please

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Quicker_777

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:47:59 PM

what coin currently has the lowest difficulty?  (and is still a legit alt-coin)
sal002

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 01:27:32 AM

what coin currently has the lowest difficulty?  (and is still a legit alt-coin)

Depends what you mean by legit, but Fastcoin has a low difficulty - see http://www.coinchoose.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: