Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Active Poll
  n/a - 0 (0%)
N/A - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoCoin Explorer - Coin Block Explorers.  (Read 30756 times)
sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 09:00:35 PM

The Feathercoin daemon crashed out again. I have restarted it with a lower max connections parameter in hopes of stopping this crash issue.

Also be aware that ABE calculates the difficulty somewhat independently of the daemon, so its number can be slightly different then the daemon.

For example the daemon reports: 193.94881043 right now, while ABE reports 193.951.

I am not going to make any major changes to ABE, as the CCEIII project eliminates this issue.

I know it is going away soon, but I think FTC is stuck. 

http://ftc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/chain/Feathercoin/q/getdifficulty - is reporting wrong.

Sounds good.  Which reminds me - I need to figure out how to access CCEIII or, more likley, just switch to local daemons.  Have you figured out the API / commercial access and the cost?
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 09:16:02 PM

Well, it looks I am having some major issues with Server 1.

Any coins on server 1 (PPC, TRC, FTC, NVC, BBQ, BTB, BTE,CNC,FRC) are going to be down for a bit while I sort this out.

I may have to upgrade the VPS to handle the load.

More information in a bit.

Sounds good.  Which reminds me - I need to figure out how to access CCEIII or, more likley, just switch to local daemons.  Have you figured out the API / commercial access and the cost?

I will have more information on CCEIII API a little further along its development. Right now it is in the planning stages, until the basic explorer is completely tested and the final design is set.

If you have any kind of "Wish List" for the CCEIII API, please let me know. At this stage it is very easy for me to add to or change the design plan for the API.
sal002

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 09:48:23 PM

All I need to difficulty, blockcount and, if possible, current networkhashrate and  I am good.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 10:07:58 PM

Server 1 is backup again.

I had to ban some IP addresses that were hitting the server pretty hard.

If you have a legit service that uses CCE for an information source and you find your IP banned, send me a PM so we can sort it out.

sal002

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 10:25:08 PM

Server 1 is backup again.

I had to ban some IP addresses that were hitting the server pretty hard.

If you have a legit service that uses CCE for an information source and you find your IP banned, send me a PM so we can sort it out.

You knocked me out again Smiley

I'll just switch to local daemons (ready for the million posts on my thread about how I am colluding against certain coins by removing them in 3...2...).
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 04:01:45 AM

Please can you add primecoin here along with zetacoin and others from cryptcy and other exchanges please ?

https://coinex.pw/trade/zet_btc
https://cryptsy.com/

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 05:33:55 AM

Please can you add primecoin here along with zetacoin and others from cryptcy and other exchanges please ?

https://coinex.pw/trade/zet_btc
https://cryptsy.com/

I will be adding many more coins once the CCEIII rewrite is finished.

Primecoin is the star of the CCEIII testing and roll out.

One can read about CCEIII and its current progress here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262539.0

In fact I have published a new test test version online, with searches enabled.  Smiley

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 12:03:34 AM

CCE is really growing fast and a "perfect storm' seems to be brewing.

CCE3 is not ready for roll out and the two VPS CCE is currently on are having a hard time keeping up with the load.

I had planned to eventually move  all the CCE servers to a hosting service that can give me a better deal, but the details have not been worked out yet. Upgrading the current VPS(s) would be a large jump in operating costs.

So I took the middle path. I have purchased a VPS from the new hosting service for server 3. I will be moving coins over to that server to balance out the load.

This should not cause a interruption of service as once the new server is ready, I can just keep the coins running on two servers until the DNS record propagates.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 10:14:30 PM

I have set up block explorers for both UFC and KED.

They are being hosted on the beta test CCEIII platform.

the ABE based explorer would have required some re-working to use these coins. I am certainly not going to be modifying ABE at this point with the CCE3 project testing.

These coins also give me an unique testing stress that I needed. Because they are so young with low difficulty, there are plenty of orphans.

Orphans are one of the major things I am trying to test CCE3 logic with.

UFC:

http://www.cryptocoinexplorer.com:9222/

KED::

http://cryptocoinexplorer3.com:9222/

The port addresses are needed until testing is over and I fully convert CryptoCoin Explorer over to CCE3 (which is based on Cherrypy rather then Apache)

Remember these are test explorers, so they may go offline or have bugs. Please report bugs to me.

The thread for the test phase of cce3 is:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262539.msg2804427

raveneye

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 04:17:58 PM

DGC block explorer is stuck at block 412209 from 9/5.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 05:55:22 PM

The CCE3 test block explorers are back up. The reason for the issues  continues to be orphan blocks. This issue has plagued me since starting the CCE3 project.

Now for a little rant:

I have asked over and over for developer input on how to handle orphans. Even something as simple as an opinion on how long the daemon takes to realize it has an orphan block, correct the information, and start reporting the correct information.

Know what I got:

Crickets. Not a single answer from ANY developer. In fact, I have not gotten ANY advice from any developer. Sometimes makes me wonder why I am bothering. I put all this effort, time and money into the project and seems like nobody gives a crap.

CCE has been around a little over a year now, so the excuse " I have not heard of it" is a complete garbage.

--End Rant--

sal002

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 06:11:47 PM

The CCE3 test block explorers are back up. The reason for the issues  continues to be orphan blocks. This issue has plagued me since starting the CCE3 project.

Now for a little rant:

I have asked over and over for developer input on how to handle orphans. Even something as simple as an opinion on how long the daemon takes to realize it has an orphan block, correct the information, and start reporting the correct information.

Know what I got:

Crickets. Not a single answer from ANY developer. In fact, I have not gotten ANY advice from any developer. Sometimes makes me wonder why I am bothering. I put all this effort, time and money into the project and seems like nobody gives a crap.

CCE has been around a little over a year now, so the excuse " I have not heard of it" is a complete garbage.

--End Rant--

It is a good question.  Unfortunately my use of CCE doesn't care much provided their isn't an 'orphaned difficulty change'.   I say keep up the good work - yours are the only block explorers I trust.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 10:16:39 PM

The CCE3 test has moved to test version 3.98!!

The Primecoin explorer is now running 3.98. The other explorers should be switched over soon.

New in this version:

Complete database integrity and automated recovery system
Complete removal of all per coin custom coding in the modules.
General clean-up and tighter code. Started basic code comment documentation.

***Database integrity and automated recovery system****

I believe I have finally devised a system to squash those orphan critters.

1. There is now a 30 second delay between block height acquisition and querying the daemon for block/transaction information.
So far it looks to have improved the situation greatly, all the test explorers have been running that way for a couple of days. The only orphan to muck up the system was in the Primecoin explorer this afternoon.
This is OK, because the Primecoin test explorer is now running with 3.98 and it can now detect and squash those dam orphans with extreme prejudice.  Cheesy

2.At first I was going to add a third module to perform integrity checks, but have since incorporated it into the dbloader module. The integrity check will not be on a cron tab, but rather will run every so many blocks configurable in the cce3 config file.
The integrity check compares the block hashes in the database (from the last check/back-up to present database height) to what the daemon currently reports the hash to be. If a non matching hash is found, it then triggers the orphan killer function..err..automated recovery function.  Grin
The recovery function drops and recreates the database with the last backup. The database backup is always clean as the integrity function only dumps a database backup if the database has all matching hashes to what the daemon currently reports.

The transaction function can also call the orphan killer..I mean recovery function, if a transaction input has a prev_out tx that does not exist (A transaction that is part of an orphan block).

The other advantage to this system is always having recent database backup, depending on how many blocks are set in the config file.

*Complete removal of all per coin custom coding in the modules.*

All custom code and coin parameters have been moved to the database. dbloader and the web server are now completely generic modules that can run any coin (In theory  Smiley ) without customization. The config file consists of four lines.

database name
database user
database password
Block count (Determines how often the integrity check is run)

Everything else is set in the utility table of the database.

Development should start becoming faster as the logic coding is pretty much finished and in late beta.

Next up:

One last major bug to squash. This is not a logic or coding bug, but rather a server set-up issue. If somebody requests a address ledger with a large amount of transactions (1000's) and then navigates away before the ledger shows up, the server gives a 107 error and basically needs to be killed by a level 9 kill. If not killed it will not serve any more connections and wait forever for the session to connect.
The ledger is very fast and only takes more then a second or two when dealing with extremely long ledgers. Even then it is rarely longer then 10 seconds or so.

Developers message box. The framework is in place and it should be ready with version 4. I will give access to this system as soon as it is ready to the developers whose coins are currently on the test server.

I still have to decide on how I want to handle market tickers. Each market has its own API and it looks like it could be a pain to accommodate. Perhaps I will need to get the information from some of the coin valuation sites that use CCE as an information source.

A few technical specifications on the project so far:

CCE3 consists of two python modules (dbloader and webserver), one config file and a database with 6 tables ranging from 6 columns to 33 columns (utility, which only consists of one row). There are also the normal web files: css, robots.txt and icon files.

The two python modules have a combined total of 865 lines of code(including white space). I set out to make CCE3 light and efficient and hope I have accomplished this goal.

Web serving is based on CherryPy and Apache2 using the mod_rewrite module. Apache serves the static files, while Cherrypy serves the dynamic content. More then likely this set-up will change, with CherryPy still being the prominent web serving system.

As I head into version 4 and look at version 5, I need site admins to start giving me thought on how you would the the API to work. Version 5 is all about the API.

The development cycle on Version 4 is expected to be short, so do not miss out on your chance to help shape CCE3 API.

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 11:33:10 PM

I just wanted to make clear that I want input on this. The API is there to benefit users, but will largely benefit other site operators.

The long poll system is still in the plans, and I really need to know what information and in what forum would benefit operators best.

As I head into version 4 and look at version 5, I need site admins to start giving me thought on how you would the the API to work. Version 5 is all about the API.

The development cycle on Version 4 is expected to be short, so do not miss out on your chance to help shape CCE3 API.

xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:31:20 AM

I just wanted to make clear that I want input on this. The API is there to benefit users, but will largely benefit other site operators.

The long poll system is still in the plans, and I really need to know what information and in what forum would benefit operators best.

hey thats my turn Smiley i am using abe API data on my new website http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/info
as you see some data are input manually and others are from the block explorer. it would be perfect to get some stats over time. for example difficulty, hashrate and coin amount of a specific day or hour. to make some nice graphs about it.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 02:54:18 AM

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

People still using the old port addresses or the official explorer address and directly using the /chain/<coin> suffix will need to switch to the official addresses.

Official addresses are explained in the OP.

Once CCE3 goes live the port addresses will no longer work and the ABE suffix will be invalid.

The official addresses will continue to work the same as they do now.

ikal

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:20:44 AM

need Alphacoin  Grin

please add it  Smiley
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 09:55:30 PM

I regret to inform the community that I will be removing CHNcoin from CCE.

According to that daemon, the explorer is correct with the last block produced on 9.17.2013.

Today I cleared out the daemon's data files and started fresh, just to make sure I was not on a fork and the daemon came back with the same block after a fresh build.

Code:
{
    "version" : 60400,
    "protocolversion" : 60001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 59748,
    "connections" : 1,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 41.82101451,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1380735195,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : ""
}

Code:
CHNCoin	CNC	59748	2013-09-17 14:49:35 

If the coin activity picks and and is sustained, I will consider putting it back on CCE.

Tsunamirain

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Incakoin= Incagold

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 10:16:29 AM

Can you please add incakoin..

DannyDisco

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:48:09 PM

Can you please update the Digitalcoin client on your server. The block explorer is currently not working

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310111.0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: