Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 03:10:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did the "Legendary" tag formula change?  (Read 560 times)
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 08:24:48 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=62794

Activity is 130 and is LEGENDARY

Am I missing something?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 08:29:19 PM

He deleted his old messages and edited which he can't delete. His rank should be recalculated in a proper time.
saturn643

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 08:30:08 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=62794

Activity is 130 and is LEGENDARY

Am I missing something?
He could have deleted most of his posts so his activity and post count would decrease. However, the rank does not update immediately so it could take some time before the rank drops to match his actual rank

Or theymos screwed something up.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 2347

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:27:49 PM

He deleted his old messages and edited which he can't delete. His rank should be recalculated in a proper time.
IIRC you will not receive a demotion if you were previously a newbie a hero member or legendary if you have lower activity because of deleted posts.

The person in the OP appears to have deleted several hundred of his posts (maybe more) and more often then not this is an indication that he is trying to cover up some kind of scam, or evidence of him scamming.

This also happened to TheGambler although he was a hero and not legendary.

Edit:
IIRC only Newbie, Hero, and Legendary members don't get demoted normally. Maybe I'll fix it at some point, but it's not really a big deal.
Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 09:31:11 PM

IIRC you will not receive a demotion if you were previously a newbie a hero member or legendary if you have lower activity because of deleted posts.

Then what happened with turtlehurricane? I believe he was a Hero Member before he started deleting those posts.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 2347

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:34:47 PM

Then what happened with turtlehurricane? I believe he was a Hero Member before he started deleting those posts.
I am not really sure. I believe that turtlehurricane deleted the majority of his posts (to cover up evidence of him scamming, and to likely make it more difficult to find him when he returns) and then made additional posts after he deleted most of his posts. The forum might have seen that he had additional activity points and adjusted his rank accordingly when his activity went up.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:47:00 PM

I am not really sure. I believe that turtlehurricane deleted the majority of his posts (to cover up evidence of him scamming, and to likely make it more difficult to find him when he returns) and then made additional posts after he deleted most of his posts. The forum might have seen that he had additional activity points and adjusted his rank accordingly when his activity went up.
If what you're hypothesizing is true, stan should get demoted shortly as he seems to have made some posts shortly. I wonder why someone would voluntarily get demoted though, that too from Legendary member.
My "theory" is that it takes a combination of Online time spent + Activity update for the forum's legendary/hero/newbie demotion to kick in, in short if stan is online at the time the activity updates he will be back to full member.
troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:53:37 PM

I can say that you are wrong here, even theymos stated otherwise, because I lived this. I was Hero Member long time ago but when I deleted most of my posts -reason is irrelevant to this discussion- I quickly degraded to Sr. Member.

Maybe his process takes longer time but I think his rank will be updated at one point. Even he stays at Legendary that won't be a problem at all for this old SMF forum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: