Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:05:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you get free power?  (Read 6002 times)
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 08:40:28 PM

WOW!!! NOW I AM ACCUSED OF SPAMMING, what you want me to stop supporting Bitcoin. drop my avatar and signature, leave the site, maybe drop my programming skills to! However, you could charge lithium Ion batteries, take them home, and run your miners off them. They can charge while there and be tae home to use on the miners!

Don't accuse people of spamming just because they have a signature campaign! Just because I want to earn money while posting about my favourite thing (computer science)! Find something useful to do and quick!

Do you believe that supporting gambling websites is helpful and supportive of Bitcoin, just in the name of making a few dollars? Maybe you should find something more useful to do, instead of leveraging a hobby for monetary gain at the expense of other people's losses. I'm not even going to touch on your suggestions, not with a 10 foot pole.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 10:02:10 PM

It looks like some people referenced solar power and the long-term payoff..

There was another project a guy had done https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1077811.0
He did it for $158 and runs 3 antminer u2's on it.
ROI is almost never unless he gets lucky and gets a block.

Just depends how much you believe in bitcoin for the long-term payoff.

Personally you should just go climb an electric pole and hope you don't get shocked while hooking up a free line to your house, heh heh.

Beraturker

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 10:17:23 PM

If you have the right amount of money to be invested in renewable energy.. You can get free energy..
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 11:14:09 PM

If you have the right amount of money to be invested in renewable energy.. You can get free energy..

Its not free if you had to invest money in order to get it. To get free electricity, you need to find a deal where you pay a flat access to your electricity(Included in rent that you need anyways) and then consuming more electricity does not cost more money.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 07:43:58 AM

Its not free if you had to invest money in order to get it. To get free electricity, you need to find a deal where you pay a flat access to your electricity(Included in rent that you need anyways) and then consuming more electricity does not cost more money.

or find someone with very cheap electricity and rent your miners in his location, still undecided if this could be better than cloud

legit cloud might also be a solution, i don't see any difference in a home mining with 0.05 electricity and cloud with the same rate, actually there will be less troubles with cloud
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 05:30:15 PM

or find someone with very cheap electricity and rent your miners in his location, still undecided if this could be better than cloud

legit cloud might also be a solution, i don't see any difference in a home mining with 0.05 electricity and cloud with the same rate, actually there will be less troubles with cloud

And you know of a legit cloud doing it for that cheap? All i have seen is 0.08-0.11.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 07:40:58 AM

And you know of a legit cloud doing it for that cheap? All i have seen is 0.08-0.11.

there was one guy on the main mining section(too bad it's full of spam now, the thread seems lost), actually there were two, one look legit the other not so much
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 11:59:18 AM

By saying that, do you mean that he can get electricity on rent and then get access to more electricity even at the same rates???

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 02:23:11 PM

By saying that, do you mean that he can get electricity on rent and then get access to more electricity even at the same rates???

Yes, electricity is included in my rent, so if i put 5kW on miners, i pay the same monthly rent as if i have 0kW on miners. Otherwise electricity cost is under 0.06, which is very cheap still. (Up to 30kW)

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀