Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:06:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: QUEDOS is a Virus Trojan use malwarebytes for removal  (Read 4917 times)
realcryptodisciple

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 05:06:08 PM

It would probably be helpful if someone could compile the win wallet from source so that we could compare both builds and see if there are any hidden "attachments" etc.

That would be helpful, i'll see if with current setup I can.

In the meantime, would you advise to remove everything, appdata, manually? And could I keep the dat file because perpetual moondelusion/greed?  Cheesy

there is nothing wrong with the client, just ocminer spreading fud because his mining pool is shitty

your malware scan showed zero results and your pc is fine

i call FUD

Regardless the coin is a scam.  The plagiarized whitepaper is all the proof needed.

The children making these copy/paste coins spend more time on fancy graphics than any actual technology.  
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 05:16:51 PM

You're pretty safe with the wallet.dat - no problem.

It is clear though that its an obvious scam with a 1:1 copied white paper and a wallet created by a rather simple generator service and that VirusTotal rings all bells on this one.

Thanks for explaining.

Here's my results from virustotal although I scanned the zip file. cant remember if thats correct procedure:

https://www.virustotal.com/nl/file/6589498a962e1186d78344aa5f4de652a4f8916ce851a14b96222b0da7ea4f12/analysis/1447434147/

ocminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 05:22:51 PM

You're pretty safe with the wallet.dat - no problem.

It is clear though that its an obvious scam with a 1:1 copied white paper and a wallet created by a rather simple generator service and that VirusTotal rings all bells on this one.

Thanks for explaining.

Here's my results from virustotal although I scanned the zip file. cant remember if thats correct procedure:

https://www.virustotal.com/nl/file/6589498a962e1186d78344aa5f4de652a4f8916ce851a14b96222b0da7ea4f12/analysis/1447434147/

Here is mine:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/83abb7b3f28c363924beda4b0fc637f45df05ae20337040276f36ee40a26a756/analysis/1447435355/

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
realcryptodisciple

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 05:31:10 PM

Regardless the coin is a scam.  The plagiarized whitepaper is all the proof needed.

The children making these copy/paste coins spend more time on fancy graphics than any actual technology.  

Hiya

are you still working hard on making it hard? That a boy!!!  Cheesy Cheesy

I'm not working hard at all.  It's very easy to expose people like you and your pathetic scams and attempts at theft.

Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 05:41:59 PM

Both coins (XAGON and QUEDOS) were created by my service over a month ago. They were ordered by different individuals, but seeing as they were released on the same day, and have similar whitepapers, it's not too difficult to see they're being pushed by the same person/group.

I checked, and it doesn't look like there were any modifications made to the client after I compiled, so they should be clean. Here's the VT links:

XAGON: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/ce4d570f740d5b7ee8c371ce162aaf9a398150dbc328bc2ef3969a8698931bb0/analysis/

QUEDOS (9/28): https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/83abb7b3f28c363924beda4b0fc637f45df05ae20337040276f36ee40a26a756/analysis/1443540956/
QUEDOS (11/13): https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/83abb7b3f28c363924beda4b0fc637f45df05ae20337040276f36ee40a26a756/analysis/

As you can see sometime between 9/28 and today, McAfee's Artemis decides it doesn't like something, and Baidu hops on the "Bitcoin Miner" train as well. I've been dealing with false positives like these for a very long time. BitcoinMiner is the one that always persists, but every now and then some D-List antivirus will decide throw a very nasty sounding false positive.

Artemis is a heuristic detection tool by McAfee and isn't indicative of anything in particular. It just means something is "suspicious", but given McAfee's track record as the worst antivirus ever, I wouldn't put too much stock in it. It certainly doesn't "basically disable almost all functions of your machine", that's just pure FUD.

Trojan.StartPage.Win32.26934 is absolutely a false positive by a crappy AV vendor (who has ever heard of zillya before?) and is incredibly easy to verify since the payload of that particular trojan is that is changes your home page. Run the client in a VM and you'll see it does no such thing. Also refer to the often overlooked behavioral information of both clients, and you'll see nothing out of the ordinary: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/83abb7b3f28c363924beda4b0fc637f45df05ae20337040276f36ee40a26a756/analysis/1443540956/

I reached out to Mr. "TenBagTony", pusher of both these coins, who is now on a FUD campaign against me. He posted this gem after ocminer exposed him with this thread. Amusingly enough, he claims that I exposed him, and he now wants to fight me. A true internet tough guy, if there ever was one.

tl;dr Both coins are free of malware - any detection is simple a false positive. So if you've ran them, don't panic and nuke your computer. That being said, I'd still stay away from both of these coins for every other reason mentioned above.

realcryptodisciple

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 05:42:45 PM

ocminer is a virgin
he wants them to remove the mining code, but if they do that the client simply wont work lol. What an idiot

how many of u have cgminer installed on your computers? https://www.virustotal.com/nl/file/6eb82d64aec73c99470d0ae2e70f5cc802d1cfe872e59862567c65a7957ed07a/analysis/

hurry and delete that shizzle Cheesy Cheesy

longest thread about false positives i have seen thus far

LETS MAKE IT LONGERER LOL

It's obvious that you're nothing more than a child.  

I'm not working hard at all.  It's very easy to expose people like you and your pathetic scams and attempts at theft.

so you are working hard, to make it hard, because that is very easy? you really should take a picture of this and post it here so that we can all see what this looks like Cheesy

It's easy to identify and expose what people like you are doing.

prasmatic and adiyrie are the same.  

Shouldn't you stop wasting time with this failure and start working on graphics and thinking up the name of your next attempt at creating a scam?  If you hurry you can get an ANN posted in a couple hours.  I will enjoy helping to expose that one as well.  
Hazard
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 05:46:01 PM

Lesson of today, AVOID HAZARD because he has nothing but viruses forya Cheesy
Nothing but generic BitcoinMiner flags (these are older than time itself) and some false positives. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

Given your post history, you're obviously involved with QUEDOS and you have an agenda here.

RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 05:46:11 PM

Wow that's quite a difference. thanks for pointing this out.
bitspender

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 05:56:17 PM

Like here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247491.msg12963148#msg12963148
I love those n00bs telling me i'm wrong  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Hazard
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 06:06:54 PM

LOOOOL what a fucking liability, if this is true Hazard is a lame. Regardless, I see wallets all the time that have zero flags. Why in the hell would anyone ever buy from you again Hazard, when TWO of your coins (your words) have more than FIVE FLAGS

your little gig is finished by the looks of things
If you're concerned about the superficiality of whether or not BitcoinMiner false flags are thrown, you have your priorities in the wrong place.

The source code is out in the open, so again, I challenge you to find anything malicious in it.

But, judging by your post history you're just another shill for QUEDOS, so there's no reasoning with you.

realcryptodisciple

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 06:15:03 PM

LOOOOL what a fucking liability, if this is true Hazard is a lame. Regardless, I see wallets all the time that have zero flags. Why in the hell would anyone ever buy from you again Hazard, when TWO of your coins (your words) have more than FIVE FLAGS

your little gig is finished by the looks of things
If you're concerned about the superficiality of whether or not BitcoinMiner false flags are thrown, you have your priorities in the wrong place.

The source code is out in the open, so again, I challenge you to find anything malicious in it.

But, judging by your post history you're just another shill for QUEDOS, so there's no reasoning with you.

I concur, it's a bought account:

Hey, are you still need the account

i'll send you a message now Grin

But you're not doing crypto any favors by enabling these children scammers by providing them with wallets.  Please stop.
Kuriko

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 07:25:33 PM

Look guys after creating a coin for you look what hazard does

Both coins (XAGON and QUEDOS) were created by my service over a month ago.

So much for privacy

Must be hard to troll to keep your shitty investment alive eh?

Nice catch Ocminer , keep having these babies cry over their dummy investment lol
realcryptodisciple

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 07:53:59 PM

Look guys after creating a coin for you look what hazard does

Both coins (XAGON and QUEDOS) were created by my service over a month ago.

So much for privacy

Must be hard to troll to keep your shitty investment alive eh?

Nice catch Ocminer , keep having these babies cry over their dummy investment lol

It's great that these scammers get caught before they get their scam coin listed on an exchange and dump their premine to whoever is foolish enough to be manipulated into thinking it's a legitimate project because of a few fancy graphics.  It's also great that it's cost these scammers to purchase their scam coin and block explorer.  These are costs that these scammers will not recover.  It looks like these latest scams are a loss and in fact the scammers actually scammed themselves.  Lets all laugh at these scumbag scammers for being the ignorant fools that they are.

adiyrie
prasmatic
blacksmithcorporation

All one and the same pathetic loser.
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 08:07:15 PM

I've been telling you guys for years. Set up 10 different Virtual Box systems. Then use them 1 per coin. Reuse them once you are done and decided that the coin is garbage.

mammix2
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 08:12:12 PM

I've been telling you guys for years. Set up 10 different Virtual Box systems. Then use them 1 per coin. Reuse them once you are done and decided that the coin is garbage.

+1,
totally agree!

1HfpFYxBUpQ941mKd4DEjsyA22HN4Kerzu
hashmaster1

Activity: 851

Do You Even Onion Bro?

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 08:42:20 PM

The guy's that are putting virus are low life it would b nice to able to ban them for life as dev or what ever they represent I know how it feel to loose all your coins to bad wallet that have Trojans virus....Make me sick just thinking about it I'm glad that you caught this before some one loose there coins to these low life ........... good job guy's

█████████████████████████████▒
               ▒███████████████████████████████▓░
             ▒████▓                         ░▓███▒░░
         ░▒▓████▓░                            ░▓███▓▓▒▒░░
▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▒               ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░         ░▒█████████▓▓▓▓▓
████████▓▒▒░              ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒         ░░▒▒████████
▓██▓                   ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓███▒░             ███▓
▒███                 ░▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█████▒░         ▓▓█░
░█▓█░               ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓██░     ▓███░
 ▓██▓             ▒██▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░  ░▓█▓      ███▓
 ▒█▓█░           ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░░░░░▒▒░ ░▒░░▓███▓      ▒███▒
  █▓█▓          ▓█▓▒▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▒░░▒▒▓█████░      ███▓
  ▒█▓█░        ░██▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒░ ░░░ ░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓█▒█░     ▓███▒
   ▓▓▓▓        ███▒░░░░░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓ █░    ▒███▒
   ░▓▓▓▓   ░▒▒ █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒░▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓ ▒█    ░████▒
    ░▓▒▓▒ ░▓████▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ██   ░████▒
     ▒▓▓██  ▓████▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒▒░ ░██▒  ░████▒
      ▓████  ░██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░  ░███▓  ░████░
       ▒████   ▓█▓░█████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▓████░  ▒████▒
        ░████▒  ▒░   ▒██████▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██████▓░   ▓████▒
          ████▓         ░▒▓██████████████▓░░    ░████▓
           ▒████▒                              ▓████░
             ▓████░                          ▒████▒
              ░████▓░                      ▒████▓
                ░████▓░                  ▒████▓░
                  ░████▓░              ▒████▓░
                     ░▓████▒          ▓████▒░
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓▒
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

minerfool

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:56:49 PM

the 50% premine was the first red flag ...

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 06:16:31 AM

Come on people, how hard is it to setup Sandboxie with no access to important folders and read only access to the required ones?
I'm going to go ahead and say that anyone who doesn't run wallets in a sandbox or in a virtual machine or on a throwaway PC/OS is a complete moron at this point waiting to get hacked.
Additionally, virustotal is NEVER completely reliable; hiding malicious payload could be just as common as false positives so it's a completely pointless exercise to scan wallets.

Personally, I don't think the wallet is malicious but I have no proof but it seems others claiming the opposite doesn't seem to have proof either.

Not your keys, not your coins!
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 06:40:01 AM

I saw this thread now and looking at the virustotal scan results it looks red with the 8 hits. Having said that, the scans pick up potentially unwanted programs that seems to be triggered by the standard Bitcoinminer false positive. Atemis is normally something that McAfee cannot recognise.

There is a possibility that the file is infected but the result at the moment is not conclusive. It is prudent though not to run it and wait a few days for the virustotal engines and engineers to work through it. Normally if there is something bad in the file that is new, positive identification manifests after about 2-3 days. Check it again in a week before a final conclusion is made, but do not run it in the meantime to be safe.
TomVelvetPaws

Activity: 616

BTC=1GjeqWFLc4TBDg3bwdQk9ZWnEoNPCT9t6G

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 12:05:46 AM

Plenty of other good crypto out there with out wasting time with positives.Just move on.

CRAVE Embrace the privacy movement    ◥
   Your Market. Your Blockchain Business. Your Profit.     ◥
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: