Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:05:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is gambling so addicting?  (Read 233180 times)
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 12:40:30 PM

I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?

Because gambling is a very fun activity. Many people play gambling because they want to earn a lot. Even if they always lose they mindset will tell them to continue ro play because somehow they will get back all of their winnings plus they will earn a lot. They only need to have the positive mind and ofcourse right strategy.

I dont consider losing money to be a "fun" thing - dont know how you get so much money so as to waste it on gambling rather than do other stuff with it. People are greedy and they want more money form what they generally earn and so they try to gamble it and win more. It happens that people do win more but then greed takes over reasoning and they cant control their emotions which is why they lose all their balance soon enough.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 12:59:29 PM

Even though I gamble a lot, I have never been addicted and will not call myself an addict, I always gamble within my means and I have never borrowed money just to gamble that's really stupid and only addicted gamblers do that. No one is guaranteed to win so why borrow to gamble at all.
You mean someone who can adjust to the circumstances. Things like this must be hard to find. We know that most gambling players are desperate people. They try to put their money in for profit. Whereas the basic gambling game I think should be a pleasure.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 02:30:10 PM

Even though I gamble a lot, I have never been addicted and will not call myself an addict, I always gamble within my means and I have never borrowed money just to gamble that's really stupid and only addicted gamblers do that. No one is guaranteed to win so why borrow to gamble at all.
You mean someone who can adjust to the circumstances. Things like this must be hard to find. We know that most gambling players are desperate people. They try to put their money in for profit. Whereas the basic gambling game I think should be a pleasure.

If to borrow money to gamble, or form budget consortium for single gambler, it's a sign they've lost common sense, and this is severe addiction category. I also see this scheme in form of telegram bot, basically just wanting to collect fresh money to gamble, but the future will be destroyed because addiction nature will not be endless if it doesn't try to manage it with positive intentions.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 02:58:06 PM

It's so addictive for the same reason investing and reading about bitcoin is. It makes us dream of big wins and gives us an adrenaline rush when we see how much profit/loss we are in.

Researchers have actually shown that the same areas of the brain are stimulated when people day trade as when they gamble, the same for bankers doing investments and stuff. Its the rush and the dream that makes it all addicting.
the dream of winning big and all those possible reason and ways on how to make it successful as gamblers really aiming to hit a jackpot and keeps on trying everything that they know but suddenly still losing it back because of greediness inside their mind, trying to make it much bigger winnings instead of being contented with small one.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 04:01:39 PM

Yes, some studies have found that gambling addiction is more prevalent among poor people - for them it looks like an easy solution to their financial problems, it's usually combined with superstitions that they can somehow catch the luck by betting on some "magical" numbers or in their "lucky day". But in reality it only makes them more poor, some people even lose their homes and families. Gambling is not a job, it's not investing, people should understand that no one is going to give them money for free.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 04:26:59 PM

I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?

Because gambling is a very fun activity. Many people play gambling because they want to earn a lot. Even if they always lose they mindset will tell them to continue ro play because somehow they will get back all of their winnings plus they will earn a lot. They only need to have the positive mind and ofcourse right strategy.

I dont consider losing money to be a "fun" thing - dont know how you get so much money so as to waste it on gambling rather than do other stuff with it. People are greedy and they want more money form what they generally earn and so they try to gamble it and win more. It happens that people do win more but then greed takes over reasoning and they cant control their emotions which is why they lose all their balance soon enough.

I do not think it is wasting when we set our plan to gamble for entertainment.  It is the same as watching movies or other recreational activities that made us spend money.  Though I agree that one of the nature of human is the tendency to be greedy, but not all people that are playing in a gambling site are slave of greed.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:10:50 PM

the dream of winning big and all those possible reason and ways on how to make it successful as gamblers really aiming to hit a jackpot and keeps on trying everything that they know but suddenly still losing it back because of greediness inside their mind, trying to make it much bigger winnings instead of being contented with small one.

That is what I have experienced and I think of the same thing back then however right now Im a different man and think differently. There are so many people out there that is still think the same that is why they cant stop their addiction yet. Im lucky to overcome my addiction although it is not complete but better than previously
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 11:46:47 PM

That is what I have experienced and I think of the same thing back then however right now Im a different man and think differently. There are so many people out there that is still think the same that is why they cant stop their addiction yet. Im lucky to overcome my addiction although it is not complete but better than previously

Gambling promises something very beautiful. We can benefit with a little effort. Even though there are many examples of people who become impoverished by gambling, but people never feel discouraged. Some people want to achieve success instantly.

bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 11:52:17 PM

It's a good thing if ever you never been addicted to gambling. With my experience, gambling is addictive because it is a normal way of having fun. When you started to win big money that will make you think about it again and again so in the end that is going to give you a good insight that it will be your lucky day again that is leading you to addiction.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 06:04:28 AM

It's a good thing if ever you never been addicted to gambling. With my experience, gambling is addictive because it is a normal way of having fun. When you started to win big money that will make you think about it again and again so in the end that is going to give you a good insight that it will be your lucky day again that is leading you to addiction.
That's what I thought also, that it's a great way to have fun but definitely, control your emotions. That's the problem that you can have, especially if you experience a lot of winning, just like you said.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:36:24 AM

That's what I thought also, that it's a great way to have fun but definitely, control your emotions. That's the problem that you can have, especially if you experience a lot of winning, just like you said.

It is not a place for you to have fun. If you want to have fun while playing then the only way for you to have fun is to win. We know that we cant win all the time and we are bound to lose. So how will you be having fun when you lose? you are losing real money everytime you lose and that wont make me happy
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:55:38 AM

It is not a place for you to have fun. If you want to have fun while playing then the only way for you to have fun is to win. We know that we cant win all the time and we are bound to lose. So how will you be having fun when you lose? you are losing real money everytime you lose and that wont make me happy

Not all the gamblers that is having fun is winning, even though they are losing, they are still having fun by interacting with other people, making it as a past time, a stress reliever. Some gamblers can afford to lose those money, in fact, some people have their money saved for gambling.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 11:14:52 AM

Why is it so addictive?

I do not think it is wasting when we set our plan to gamble for entertainment.  It is the same as watching movies or other recreational activities that made us spend money.  Though I agree that one of the nature of human is the tendency to be greedy, but not all people that are playing in a gambling site are slave of greed.

I think we must consider gambling to be a mode of entertainment and not as a source of earning. It is not meant to make people rich - expect the owners of course who run the business. Hence if one can control their emotions and not go beyond some limits then it wont be disastrous for their money. Most of the gambling addicts are running as slaves of greed truly speaking.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:52:16 PM

I think people are addicted to gambling mostly because they think they will be able to make a lot of money quickly from gambling without much work. In fact, this would not be possible because if we did not work we would have nothing. They play gambling, they lose, they want to earn back that money and more and more want to earn money from gambling. Gradually, they become seriously addicted to gambling. Gambling is just a entertainment game, it depends on the luck of each person, do not be too addicted to gambling
Bionicgalaxy

Activity: 317
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:52:51 PM

Why is it so addictive?
Gmblimg is so addicting if you have no limitations with your self. Gambling is consider as vices and vuces is are how to be stop if you will put it as a part of your life gambling shouldn't be consider as a hobby. It should be consider just for fun and will be play occasionally.
MiguelTheMVP

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:25:04 PM

Why is it so addictive?
The reason is you go to the gambling world and because of that you got a gambling disorder and gambling problem that you may being totally out of control.
LeoEspansq

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:45:23 PM

I think people are addicted to gambling mostly because they think they will be able to make a lot of money quickly from gambling without much work. In fact, this would not be possible because if we did not work we would have nothing. They play gambling, they lose, they want to earn back that money and more and more want to earn money from gambling. Gradually, they become seriously addicted to gambling. Gambling is just a entertainment game, it depends on the luck of each person, do not be too addicted to gambling

Yes, at first all think that they will be able to earn a lot of money there without much effort and it drags on each time giving hope that this time it will be exactly lucky.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:04:00 PM

You have pretty much summed it up why most people are addicted to gambling but i think mostly its always the money we lose that keeps us there as we fail to let go and keep playing in the hope of winning back what we have lost and gradually grows into a cycle.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:12:52 PM

I believe they are obsessed with the idea and not addicted to it.  The main reason why the gamble regularly so that they wont miss out.  I believe gambling is cause by too much dependent in gambling to alter their mood.  Meaning, they make gambling as way to make them feel good without knowing that they had lost their ability to control the urge to be entertained by gambling.
STT
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1413

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 06:30:53 PM

It's so addictive for the same reason investing and reading about bitcoin is. It makes us dream of big wins and gives us an adrenaline rush when we see how much profit/loss we are in.

Researchers have actually shown that the same areas of the brain are stimulated when people day trade as when they gamble, the same for bankers doing investments and stuff. Its the rush and the dream that makes it all addicting.

Gambling and trading is very similar, theres been cases of  rogue traders who basically cross the line and gamble money they shouldn't.   Its not that rare, there is a chemical response that is normal for humans in risk reward scenarios.   That is the part people can become addicted to, some more so then others but 'getting away with it' or the thrill of a win applies to anyone I guess.   I think its naturally there as a reward for hunting food in our earlier more basic survival as a human race, its of benefit to take risks but now with money it can also be a negative if people dont realise they are getting too high off excessive risks.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: