Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:59:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184770 times)
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 04:28:33 AM

Promote BTC to your friends who own businesses... it's a great way to make them accept BTC in their stores...

yeah, that is one of the best way to convince businessman to start using bitcoin, by promoting bitcoin to your friends first. mostly small businesses are the best to start with and easier to convinced...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 03:06:13 PM

I think its pretty difficult to do that, because it has a bad name.
The most stores are not convinced by the bitcoin.

I think it will come but it will take several years before it would happen.
valta4065

Activity: 826

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 09:18:42 AM

I think its pretty difficult to do that, because it has a bad name.
The most stores are not convinced by the bitcoin.

I think it will come but it will take several years before it would happen.

By bad name what do you mean?

You're talking about btc reputation? Well true it's not perfectly shiny... You could always try to explain of course, but yeah not sure it'll work out perfectly well ... Embarrassed

Or do you really talk about the name of btc? Like from a marketing perspective? Cause if that's it... Well I totally disagree ^^
Btc marketing is excellent, good name, good image, good spreading ^^

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 10:58:46 AM

it is little difficult, the first you need to explain and introduce to them what is bitcoin, after that you need to convert bitcoin to fiat every day to state the selling bitcoin price and then does infrastructure for bitcoin payment already available for the store

I think to encourage still need a lot of things to cover and to improve

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 05:53:55 PM

first they need to know what is it and how it works,once they'll have enough info i'm sure that they will start accepting them

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
busybee7

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:29:41 AM

Thing is, that a lot of people still use normal money and not bitcoins, so i don't think they would accept bitcoins for 5 persons
diegz

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 04:37:05 AM

first they need to know what is it and how it works,once they'll have enough info i'm sure that they will start accepting them

It would be a little difficult. most of their capital is fiat, but if we educate them about bitcoin, and they are convinced then they're in.. but I think it needs to start from their boss, if the boss is open to bitcoin idea, then its good..  Smiley

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 11:46:36 AM

It would be a little difficult. most of their capital is fiat, but if we educate them about bitcoin, and they are convinced then they're in.. but I think it needs to start from their boss, if the boss is open to bitcoin idea, then its good..  Smiley

Going to the boss and trying to implement the bitcoin in his business. As a part in your region you can start a small business that accepts bitcoins so that when days pass you will be benefited and automatically surrounding business people will adopt it
diegz

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 05:53:32 AM

Going to the boss and trying to implement the bitcoin in his business. As a part in your region you can start a small business that accepts bitcoins so that when days pass you will be benefited and automatically surrounding business people will adopt it

That is true... we should be the one who should start it in our community..a small burger stand or a mini store could be a good one.  Smiley

Gutemberg

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 10:34:00 AM

my friend has a coffee bar and i talked to him about bitcoin, for him it's too risky, but i convinced him to receive btc from me when i buy a coffe, for the moment he is happy whit the 0.05 made from my coffess

Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:07:26 AM

my friend has a coffee bar and i talked to him about bitcoin, for him it's too risky, but i convinced him to receive btc from me when i buy a coffe, for the moment he is happy whit the 0.05 made from my coffess

True, lokal businesses are interested in the lokal fiat. They don't want to have exchange it and get later lessfiat for the same amount of Btc. Or become scammed during trading and get nohing at all.

It's me!!!
Gutemberg

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:40:13 AM

True, lokal businesses are interested in the lokal fiat. They don't want to have exchange it and get later lessfiat for the same amount of Btc. Or become scammed during trading and get nohing at all.

the fact is that this guy loved bitcoin from the first transaction, but if you run a local business it's to risky due the volatility and also because in my country few people use bitcoin

zencomp

Activity: 182

★ Nakedbitcoins.com ★

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:20:27 PM

the fact is that this guy loved bitcoin from the first transaction, but if you run a local business it's to risky due the volatility and also because in my country few people use bitcoin

That is also the one reason but the most important reason is until government dont take initiative and accepts Bitcoin Technology , the Local or big business peoples cannot accept bitcoin as they cannot show the business through bitcoin in their Income Tax. and if some country are banned for Bitcoin use then it become illegal business also. so where their is clear picture about bitcoin in that country the peoples and business people can take benefit of Bitcoin Technology

Emworks

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 09:02:05 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2016, 09:24:57 AM by Emworks

That is also the one reason but the most important reason is until government dont take initiative and accepts Bitcoin Technology , the Local or big business peoples cannot accept bitcoin as they cannot show the business through bitcoin in their Income Tax. and if some country are banned for Bitcoin use then it become illegal business also. so where their is clear picture about bitcoin in that country the peoples and business people can take benefit of Bitcoin Technology

I aggree thats a huge block..I think local bussineses are afraid,unaware and skeptical on bitcoin, thats why they dont see bitcoin on their advantage. I think it will be easy for local businesess to accept bitcoin if their will be a huge and consistent consumer of bitcoin and goverment will have the initiative and support bitcoin.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 11:37:40 AM

Local business needs to adopt bitcoin. The better method I think is just to implement the bitcoin in small scale logistics industry, as more of various country people get involved in business. In such the transaction can be made faster with less transaction charges.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Jemzx00

Activity: 1470
Merit: 546

Be nice!

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 09:43:20 AM

Well if you have a website then this is a good idea since you can send bitcoin through online but if you have a local store and thinking about bitcoin as a payment then you're crazy **no offence** Wink Wink

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
FaucetRank.com

Activity: 868

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 06:23:26 PM

Bit coin is alive because of public support and till this support remains the bit coin will keep spreading .

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .SCAMMERS.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .EXPOSED.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
Pasnik

Activity: 649

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 01:10:43 PM

Bit coin is alive because of public support and till this support remains the bit coin will keep spreading .

That is right. I told my family and friends about bitcoin, one of them have bought and used bitcoins.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
ripplehd

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:18:31 PM

start a tv channel about bitcoin and the possibilities are endless, you can start a gaming show where the person  answer questions right, go inside a bitcoin mining factory and explain the ins and outs, make a music video about bitcoins. if you think my idea can grow   it would be grateful to send a tip.

Kollor

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 04:38:06 AM

I think it's hard to convince a local business owner to accept bitcoin as payment...bitcoin would always look strange to them.. Probably we can't convince them if their mind is close about accepting this currency..But, if they themselves are collecting bitcoin and investing in it then the chance that they will accept it is big..I think one of the easiest one to convince are those selling computer parts and other electronics, they have access in internet for sure and has an idea what is bitcoin...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: