Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:32:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184770 times)
angryswamp

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 10:16:06 AM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.

i think that you should tell base things like how it is easy to send payment and how it is easy is to get payment, and i am sure that they will be interested

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 04:49:25 PM

If the business is sending money to other country.
Than I think is good to tell them that Bitcoin is a solution because is faster and cheaper.

I think this is not a solution. Because BTC wallets can send Bitcoin directly to other BTC wallets so I dont know why money senders needs BTC for there businesses? In fact BTC's convenience can weaken their sales
Intristing

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 05:19:47 PM

While its not bad to achieve both the local businesses to also accept Bitcoin,  the word about bitcoin may just be spread widely if its also used and accepted widely by online users to huge auction and ecommerce sites such as Amazon and the likes. With it being used online, we need not to encourage local business but they may initiate by themselves.

In a few years, when there are a few million people use the bitcoin, the bitcoin price will be many times more.
isvicre

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 05:40:47 PM

I always round up when paying with btc. I think an extra few cents/dollars on top of the bill is always a good experience for the business,  and doubly so if the price rises afterwards.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 05:51:21 PM

While its not bad to achieve both the local businesses to also accept Bitcoin,  the word about bitcoin may just be spread widely if its also used and accepted widely by online users to huge auction and ecommerce sites such as Amazon and the likes. With it being used online, we need not to encourage local business but they may initiate by themselves.

In a few years, when there are a few million people use the bitcoin, the bitcoin price will be many times more.
For now i think many bitcoin users and traders and devs are planning how to adopt bitcoin more to accept almost all countries locally in many stores..
So better to wait for now.. and see what will happen in the future.. and im thinking it will happen in the future..  like in brazil..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
@prashant

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 10:10:27 AM

Before telling him what btc is ,you should him the price graph.Tell him about its unstable price nature and how much he can earn profit.
Pasnik

Activity: 649
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 03:48:14 PM

Before telling him what btc is ,you should him the price graph.Tell him about its unstable price nature and how much he can earn profit.

That could be right. Although the bitcoin price is volatile, the price will rise in the long term. So if you hold long, you will make money.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 08:53:56 AM

Than I think is good to tell them that Bitcoin is a solution because is faster and cheaper.

I think this is not a solution. Because BTC wallets can send Bitcoin directly to other BTC wallets so I dont know why money senders needs BTC for there businesses? In fact BTC's convenience can weaken their sales

This is not a good idea at all. you can convince the sender to use bitcoin, but what if the receiver don't have the features of bitcoin? and only sending and receiving is not enough for local business, they send in fiat because fiat can be use easily in locally also. and bitcoin can't be used easily. if you accept bitcoin you again need to exchange them into fiat to use them and spend them.
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 08:59:37 AM

It's going to be hard to convince local businesses to accept Bitcoins specially if they are not connected online. While everyone in this forum is dreaming that there will be a time for Bitcoins to accepted and go main stream like Paypal there are still people out there who does not appreciate Bitcoin and it's features. The confirmation alone is already a hassle to the local businesses, sometimes 1 confirmation can take up to 5 or more hours.
Intristing

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 05:37:39 PM

That could be right. Although the bitcoin price is volatile, the price will rise in the long term. So if you hold long, you will make money.

If the local business accepts the bitcoin and hold the bitcoin for a few hours, that will increase the bitcoin value.
daniahya
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 06:46:51 AM

If the local business accepts the bitcoin and hold the bitcoin for a few hours, that will increase the bitcoin value.
a slight advantage I think is enough, because if stored too long I fear of not liking
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 02:24:56 PM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.

Show the business low fees and ease of it. Maybe it will work but if there not so many to use the btc qr codes maybe not. But to have the option is nice. The owner will only need qr code so very cheap and easy.

ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 03:16:58 PM

Using bitcoin for purchases encourages mainstream adoption and will thusly contribute to the value of your long term holdings as well. If more businesses had the ability to accept bitcoin, it might encourage consumers to start obtaining and spending it.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 04:21:40 PM

Using bitcoin for purchases encourages mainstream adoption and will thusly contribute to the value of your long term holdings as well. If more businesses had the ability to accept bitcoin, it might encourage consumers to start obtaining and spending it.

And say goodbye now to an active price volatility of bitcoin since regular usage will lead to a strong currency. That is a great step for bitcoin and I like bitcoin to become a strong one by using it as a currency and not for investment purposes.
PremiumCodeX

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 09:32:53 AM

I think, it is rather encouraging when I can explain them what advantages they have in case they include BTC in their plans. No matter how cool invention BTC is while it has no use in a business plan. Anyone who demonstrates BTC to a business should emphasize the factors that can really help in the businesses strategy. If you could not find any factor that would well help the business, maybe the business should not accept BTC. However, I can imagine several cases when a business meet with some problem that the advances of BTC could easily solve. In these cases, the chance is very good to demonstrate the advantages of BTC.

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:43:10 AM

I think, it is rather encouraging when I can explain them what advantages they have in case they include BTC in their plans. No matter how cool invention BTC is while it has no use in a business plan. Anyone who demonstrates BTC to a business should emphasize the factors that can really help in the businesses strategy. If you could not find any factor that would well help the business, maybe the business should not accept BTC. However, I can imagine several cases when a business meet with some problem that the advances of BTC could easily solve. In these cases, the chance is very good to demonstrate the advantages of BTC.

Agree and most of local businesses are dealing almost with fiat transactions with their products and partnered merchants so accepting bitcoin can give them less profits. They will not hold bitcoin if ever they will accept bitcoin. They will use it again so the price fluctuations in bitcoin will not give them good profits.
Harlot

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 12:18:14 PM

This is not a good idea at all. you can convince the sender to use bitcoin, but what if the receiver don't have the features of bitcoin? and only sending and receiving is not enough for local business, they send in fiat because fiat can be use easily in locally also. and bitcoin can't be used easily. if you accept bitcoin you again need to exchange them into fiat to use them and spend them.

Well the receiver can always have the solution to create a btc wallet its free and easy and you will instantly get an btc address . Also Exhanging it to Fiat is also not a problems. As many of the btc walket has a option to diractly move btc into your bank account automatically converting it to fiat.
wikenpp

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 09:38:03 PM

Well the receiver can always have the solution to create a btc wallet its free and easy and you will instantly get an btc address . Also Exhanging it to Fiat is also not a problems. As many of the btc walket has a option to diractly move btc into your bank account automatically converting it to fiat.

I think merchant find it hard to actually integrate bitcoin in their cash flow. Remember not everybody is technical and when you accept bitcoin, basic knowledge is required.
Overall I do think that bitcoin will become accepted globally but it is all a matter of time.

When it happens, banks will shake out of fear.
PremiumCodeX

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 09:33:35 AM

I also think BTC will become globally more known and accepted by businesses, but I have my doubts that banks will shake out of fear. Banks have the technical knowledge, necessary funds and true interest in adapting BTC instead. They will be among the biggest investors. Especially due to the growing ransomware threat.

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
Harlot

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 06:51:05 PM

I think merchant find it hard to actually integrate bitcoin in their cash flow. Remember not everybody is technical and when you accept bitcoin, basic knowledge is required.
Overall I do think that bitcoin will become accepted globally but it is all a matter of time.

We're missing one importand aspect here. It's the legality of bitcoin. How can a local business accept btc of its illegal in the first place. Some countrie prohibit the transactiom of btc thats the one of the big reasons whys it can't grow locally.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: