Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:37:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184770 times)
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:11:24 AM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.
Well, all what the local retailers need is education of what Bitcoin potential is all about and other crypto currency has in stock if they should invest start accepting Bitcoin as a mode of payment in there various shop's and the rest of them.
Local business mans should know that there are many  opportunity in bitcoin and bitcoin can lead them  to profit. as they start accepting  bitcoin the will get high profit and also if they hold then they will earn also from bitcoin price increase.

Business mans will have large amount to invest in and they will also get big investors to support them. They can earn more profit than stocks in bitcoin and its exchange and the income will always increase in the future.
For now it's hard to promote bitcoin in the market, because we have no devices that can used to easily transfer our bitcoin to the local business. Even we have card that hold bitcoin we can't used it into the department store or shop. Because most business now of local not used technology due to they accept paper money. Maybe if the future generation creates tools that can easily to used for bitcoin currency. I think that's the time to used it by local businesses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:08:40 PM

Firstly, we need to explain to investors how cool and convenient it is to use bitcoins in working with their business, where they need so little time to work with every transaction and that the time it takes to complete one transaction effectively using bitcoins rather than physical currency...but it's not so easy so far ... bitcoin is not so common ... only really far-sighted businessmen will see a good idea in this
I agree that only far sighted businessmen would see the opportunity in this and usually it would be easy for those who are already in the bitcoin world or have been for a while who understands how it works.
Even some smart businessmen may still be very skeptical if they do not understand, but as awareness keeps spreading, we would keep seeing them adopting.
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 06:32:41 PM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.
Yes we can do that. Its based on their mindset about bitcoin. At anyway they should not understand its like a share market.
We can personally talk to them and mostly those who doing immediate transactions.
I was explained about this to my friends those are doing small scale business. They are now trying to invest their money and even accept them. But its very rare in my region since there was no proper knowledge in bitcoin or a crypto
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:32:23 PM

if you are targeting for a local business then you should first ensure btc interest locally, whether there has many miners or btc users as they will eventually make the business grow.

That's the challenge and quite a problem, maybe you can conduct a survey first on what places do those miners and bitcoin people can be located. And after doing the survey you can now start looking for those businesses that are willing to adopt bitcoin. You can intro those big companies now that showed interest to bitcoin and it will be a trump card if you've got something to say to them that biggest names are already in bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
laravuemaster

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:49:25 PM

If you are really serious in your intention of involving bitcoins into your countries economy then it would really take a lot of effort, You need to show them the advantage and disadvantage of bitcoins and set up a meeting to present your intentions, It was like convincing them to follow your desire.

BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:34:40 PM

Create a propsal and list all your interest and plans. Set up a meeting for a corporation or any business that you want to be part of your plans. You need a best introduction for this companies to be attracted at your proposal.

Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:59:25 PM

If you are really serious in your intention of involving bitcoins into your countries economy then it would really take a lot of effort, You need to show them the advantage and disadvantage of bitcoins and set up a meeting to present your intentions, It was like convincing them to follow your desire.

Obviously he is not going to be able to do that much. There are famous celebrities like Dennis Rodman and DJ Khaled who have advertised a certain ICO. Did they change at all the economy of their country in terms of becoming a more cryptocurrency friendly country? I think not. Even famous celebrities haven't made that much change in the bitcoin world. It will take a lot more than a couple of celebrities promoting cryptocurrencies. It takes having bitcoin go mainstream in order for bitcoin to be commonly accepted by the merchants in the market. Even when he seriously have the intention to change something in their economy, he is still limited with the things that he can do. Unless he has millions of bitcoins, I'm afraid but he's not going to be able to do much.

Only thing he can do so far is to accept bitcoin in his own local business and start the change that he is looking for. Even though it wouldn't be as significant, it's still something and something is much better than nothing at all.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

samlaode

Activity: 674
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:00:01 PM

If government accepts bitcoin, it will a necessary condition to encourage local businesses to accept BTC. Although we say persuasive but they say bitcoin is illegal. All can only operate sneaky. My country will ban bitcoin in next year.
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:30:42 AM

Encouraging local business to use bitcoin would be really hard though because most of them even didn’t heard about bitcoin and   they would surely refuse to use it. Convincing them would really a problem though except to those merchants who already accepts bitcoin as   a payment. But still I believe that this adoption would really spread all over the world.
It is really going to be very hard. It would take a whole lot before you even start explaining to the owner of the local store and that is even if you are able to meet up with them one on one since they practically have managers doing the work for them. Adoption like you said would definitely spread and we will see most of them doing this themselves without being told.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:30:32 AM

Encouraging local business to use bitcoin would be really hard though because most of them even didn’t heard about bitcoin and   they would surely refuse to use it. Convincing them would really a problem though except to those merchants who already accepts bitcoin as   a payment. But still I believe that this adoption would really spread all over the world.
It is really going to be very hard. It would take a whole lot before you even start explaining to the owner of the local store and that is even if you are able to meet up with them one on one since they practically have managers doing the work for them. Adoption like you said would definitely spread and we will see most of them doing this themselves without being told.

I think apart from explaining or educating the owners and/or managers of local businesses to accept Bitcoins, it is important to inform them about the positive effects of accepting Bitcoins in their business. One main factor you should put emphasis to is the rising value of Bitcoins. You must inform them that the value of Bitcoins can significantly make their businesses boom in no time. 
Urbanbypas

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:38:14 AM

Today, people willingly sell cars and real estate for bitcoins. An increase in the value of the crypto currency stimulates them to this.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:22:20 PM

I can encourage local merchants to accept the bitcoin as money,first i explain about the bitcoin uses and details of transactions.i give clear debate on bitcoin and i will show with examples.
There is no point stressing yourself to do something like this. There is no need encouraging local businesses cause a time would come when they themselves would realize it is just time for them to upgrade and they would find information on how to go about it.

No matter what you tell most of them now, they do not even understand how the blockchain technology works and have no idea what bitcoin really is all about and which is why I am looking forward to governments legalizing and regulating as this would create more awareness.
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 11:13:48 PM

This could be hard at first, because I think 80% of people here in my country didnt know about Bitcoin. Not unless if 2-3 mainstream local businesses starts accepting Bitcoin as payment. This could help introduce Bitcoin to the people and raise awareness about Cryptocurrencies and can make them accept Bitcoin as payments from the others. Now, if this happen more and more people are interested to attend seminars and orientation about the crypto world. Coz right now there are group of people in my country who promotes and introduce  cryptocurrency, but sad to say its not so convincing. Its only the beginning is always the hardest part, once started everything will follow through.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:20:45 PM

First of all need to educate them the advantage of using Digital Currency. afterwards if you explain very well. they will interested to accept bitcoin for daily transaction
Gagayalano123

Activity: 104
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:02:41 AM

Some of local business here in the philippines doesnt know that bitcoin exist, This is a long way run but we could convince them by giving a proper knowledge on how currency bitcoin works.  This is not impossible to make. Bitcoin is on nationwide known especially in world market. I think that is not hard to convince them.

╱¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯╲╱¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯╲▂▃▅▇VESTARIN▇▅▃▂╱¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯╲╱¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯╲
Website ♦️ Whitepaper ♦️ Telegram◄►Marketplace of goods and services for cryptocurrency◄►Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️ GitHub
╲____________________________╱╲_______________________________________________╱╲________________________╱
tkamal

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:12:55 AM

Few things we are not able to encourage or educate if you do that purposely they will not show any interest on it and they ignore the value of it so. We just introduce bitcoin to the local business that's it, nothing else they will find the way by themselves and start accepting bincoin in their business.

◤ ─────────────── PROJECT PAI ─────────────── ◥
│       DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR INTELLIGENT AVATARS       │ (https://projectpai.com/)
◣ ─── JOIN PROJECT PAI TELEGRAM TO GET FREE TOKENS ─── ◢ (https://t.me/projectpai)
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:27:51 PM

I think one of the few ways we can convince local businesses to accept BTC in their stores is by encouraging customers to request for bitcoin as a mode of payment every time they visit the store as it will have store owners considering taking cryptocurrencies as a mode of payment after they make their assessments and research which should show more benefits for them such as no chargebacks, fewer fraud cases and easy proof of purchase if electronic receipts are issued.
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:18:49 PM

You can also be a form of advertisement to encourage the use of BTC. As some of the member already said you can have a mini semenar, give away flyers or give an advertisement in social media. It may be a lengthly proccess but I hope it will not be in vain since more and more people are getting interested in BTC.
Maragan13

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:13:59 AM

insurance we need advertize on tv and for everyone to understand how bitcoin especially local businesses to recognize it
im posible

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:14:28 PM

I think the most effective way in this time is introduce and promote bitcoin in various sectors first. Which in the end the general public to be familiar with btc so that local businesses can accept bitcoin as a means of payment of their transactions.

│▌            p a y M e            ▐│         ►  FACEBOOK      ►  TWITTER      ►  INSTAGRAM
TRIVIA QUIZ CONSOLE   |   ...Empowering Futures For All
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: