Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:35:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm planning to buy 50 antminer s3, how to conditionate a room.  (Read 3015 times)
franc0 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:28:04 PM

So what would i need to conditionate the room for the machines? I would have to install a air conditioner? a mini split or something? The electricity for me will be free so that is not a problem. 

I'm a professional Spanish translator. Projects like WePower, Envion, Atlant, etc. Among others... are part of my portfolio. Hire me or sign me up as a bounty participant for your project!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
martinw79

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:21:06 AM

You're able to provide 17,000 kW  for free?  Nice.

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:37:43 AM

So what would i need to conditionate the room for the machines? I would have to install a air conditioner? a mini split or something? The electricity for me will be free so that is not a problem. 

You would need several big 240v 15-20A A/C to cool all of that, its not a good idea, just push the air strait outside. I hope thats in a warehouse because that would be a lot of noise.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
franc0 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:37:04 AM

You're able to provide 17,000 kW  for free?  Nice.

17000 w/hour you mean? 17000 KW/hr is a lot.

You would need several big 240v 15-20A A/C to cool all of that, its not a good idea, just push the air strait outside. I hope thats in a warehouse because that would be a lot of noise.

But pushing the air outside will let air in. Air in will carry dust. Isn't that bad?  What kind of extractor would i need? What size?

I'm a professional Spanish translator. Projects like WePower, Envion, Atlant, etc. Among others... are part of my portfolio. Hire me or sign me up as a bounty participant for your project!
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:13:33 AM

But pushing the air outside will let air in. Air in will carry dust. Isn't that bad?  What kind of extractor would i need? What size?

A very powerful one, and i don't know exactly depend how much space you got to let the air through. And yes, there will be dust, so what Tongue ? Use compressed air from time to time and buy box fan filters on ebay or such.

Dust don't really do much unless you let it accumulate by the inch. Unless you live in a very dirty environment or next to a volcano, you should be fine. Here i just blow some air through the heat sink every few months for good measure.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
franc0 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:09:13 AM

Thank you very much. Another question, what else hardware would i need to connect all the miners in serie. Like what is all the hardware that i would need? A computer to run the mining software, another special hardware to connect all the miners to work together? USB hubs or what other kind of hardware?

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:38:19 AM

Thank you very much. Another question, what else hardware would i need to connect all the miners in serie. Like what is all the hardware that i would need? A computer to run the mining software, another special hardware to connect all the miners to work together? USB hubs or what other kind of hardware?

No need for computer for running the S3 per se, the S3 is self sufficient, its controller is included, you just type its IP in your web browser on a networked computer to connect to its open-wrt software and input the settings you want. Then the mining will happen by the miner's controller.

Miners don't "work together", they all individually point to a pool and the work is pooled there.

It is not a USB device, so no, nothing of the sort.

You will need PSU's for 50 S3, so quite a lot of them. Ethernet switch, you will need 50 ports, unless you try to setup wifi on them. And 50 ethernet cable. A router to plug all the switches in. A couple of 10-12 port switches would probably be cheaper than one big one.

And earplugs.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 08:22:22 AM

No need for computer for running the S3 per se, the S3 is self sufficient, its controller is included, you just type its IP in your web browser on a networked computer to connect to its open-wrt software and input the settings you want. Then the mining will happen by the miner's controller.

Miners don't "work together", they all individually point to a pool and the work is pooled there.

It is not a USB device, so no, nothing of the sort.

You will need PSU's for 50 S3, so quite a lot of them. Ethernet switch, you will need 50 ports, unless you try to setup wifi on them. And 50 ethernet cable. A router to plug all the switches in. A couple of 10-12 port switches would probably be cheaper than one big one.

And earplugs.

And a free registration at your local dating site.  Just say you do construction and the noise will make sense.

You kinda missed the boat on a bulk S3 farm, in my honest opinion.

HardForkComing

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:23:39 AM

You can find tutorials on youtube. I've seen a bunch. There's 1 Asian guy explaining everything. Can't remember his channel name although, sorry.
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:24:13 PM

But pushing the air outside will let air in. Air in will carry dust. Isn't that bad?  What kind of extractor would i need? What size?

A very powerful one, and i don't know exactly depend how much space you got to let the air through. And yes, there will be dust, so what Tongue ? Use compressed air from time to time and buy box fan filters on ebay or such.

Dust don't really do much unless you let it accumulate by the inch. Unless you live in a very dirty environment or next to a volcano, you should be fine. Here i just blow some air through the heat sink every few months for good measure.
Never heard of an dust explosion, if dust gets too much and doesnt get cleaned, it heaps up. That is explosive and with the miners being hot, that is the ignition source and boom it blows up. Dust is dangerous!

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:42:23 PM

Never heard of an dust explosion, if dust gets too much and doesnt get cleaned, it heaps up. That is explosive and with the miners being hot, that is the ignition source and boom it blows up. Dust is dangerous!

I just honestly can't imagine somewhere with such dirty air. Even here in Québec we have relatively okay air and the dust does not accumulate overnight at all. It takes a year to have an accumulation that raise the temps by 7C~ for GPU and 2-3C for antminers.

And once a year, blowing compressed air through the heatsink is not really much maintenance imo, takes a few seconds per miner, which i only need to do at summer anyways because its cold 8 months a year here and then heat mean absolutely nothing, dust or not at this point.

If you live in a very dusty environment you'll need filters and lots of them i guess.

Anyhow. 17kW is not too bad on 240v. If its 120v that would be 141AMP~ which indeed sound too much for a "room". You'd need an industrial grade power circuit. Especially if you want to add some A/C during hot season.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
franc0 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:47:12 PM

17kwh, I am assuming you get free electric and found a good deal but have no clue that you are probably limited and your infrastructure (assuming it is a home) can't handle near that.

My friend is the director of the electricity company of my city. I already talked to him, he is interested to invest in machines too. I have a big place in my ranch with no neighbours.  i just need to know how to install the miners and the whole room setup.

franc0 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:23:09 PM

17kwh, I am assuming you get free electric and found a good deal but have no clue that you are probably limited and your infrastructure (assuming it is a home) can't handle near that.

My friend is the director of the electricity company of my city. I already talked to him, he is interested to invest in machines too. I have a big place in my ranch with no neighbours.  i just need to know how to install the miners and the whole room setup.
So he is helping you steal electricity? So you will need probably around 25 power supplies to run these and then you just plug in the ethernet and go to your connected devices sign into the IP of the antminer, login using root as the user and password, go to settings and change the pool settings to your own.

He owns the electricity company, is the CEO, director or whatever is called. I'm not stealing anything, he gave me green light to do it. 25 power supplies? so i power supplies can handle 2 miners? This is what the seller says about the miners

"The S3 Plus is one of the few unit capable of hashing on a wireless network. These units come with built-in wifi. They do not come with a power supply, and you will need a typical computer PSU with 4xPCI-E 6 pin power connectors. Strictly only 2 PCI-E connectors are required at stock speeds, however it will reduce cable temperatures by utilising all 4. We also need to tell the PSU to always be on, as there isnt a motherboard to do this. Cut a paperclip into a U and insert it into the green wire and either black wire to the side of the green wire. Tape it up for safety. The power supply will now be controlled by its switch on the rear socket."

Hmmm i rather try to find a bulk deal that comes already with power supplies. I bought a s4 2000 gh/s that already came with a power supply im going to pick it up tomorrow.

franc0 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:46:05 PM

No i think i would go with the units that comes already with the power supply integrated. Do you guys know where i can find bulk deals of the s4 (2000 gh/s)? Can't find a bulk deal, i only can find individual s4 units for sell.

MCHouston

Activity: 882

Where am I?

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:38:37 PM

How many do you want?  I have S3's and S4's

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:51:06 PM

No i think i would go with the units that comes already with the power supply integrated. Do you guys know where i can find bulk deals of the s4 (2000 gh/s)? Can't find a bulk deal, i only can find individual s4 units for sell.

In this case you,re only going to need 13~ S4, equal amount of ethernet cable, a router and a switch or two with 10 ports~, surge protector power bars for every outlet.

One air entry, one air exit, one or two fan to move the air.

I suggest you post an ad in the computer hardware market place and see what kind of offers you can get.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
franc0 (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:01:09 AM

Thanks guys. I think i would get 12 or 13 s4 units. I'm already talking to one guy on ebay, but i would like to find more offers.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:34:11 AM

Thanks guys. I think i would get 12 or 13 s4 units. I'm already talking to one guy on ebay, but i would like to find more offers.

Ebay tend to be way more expensive, i recommend, again to check around here, you may get much better deal. Ebay tend to be 50-200% above forum prices. Just be sure to use the trustable escrow services.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
MCHouston

Activity: 882

Where am I?

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:32:18 AM

What price are you getting on ebay? I can probably beat it. PM me if you want to deal.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
franc0 (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:58:06 PM

$679.00 per unit. Is that a good price?

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: