Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:50:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH] The Perpetual "Darkcoin DASH and their lying community" Thread  (Read 4906 times)
DrkLvr_ (OP)

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:00:16 PM

Sorry Adam, a couple of posts in other threads don't balance your massively disproportionate attention to DASH.

You're a pathetic bagholder/shill/troll.

Sure they do. DASH has a higher market cap, not to mention the Dash scammers are actually audacious enough to market themselves as  "a direct competitor to Bitcoin" lol. Thus, they certainly do merit the additional attention.

I probably shouldn't even be wasting my time on anything EXCEPT Dash/Darkcoin. Thanks for helping me realize this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 05:47:19 AM

This thread should be renamed "CryptoMania 1: DrkLvr_ vs. reaktion", coz you 2 the only dudes here now...

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 06:24:54 AM

Poor old Licey. If he's not sycophantically quoting Peter Todd for the 1000th time he's trying to get other XMR bag-holding circle-jerkers to play 'ignore-the-attacker'. He knows XMR is _losing_ and DASH is _winning_ - just look at the market cap that's always beaten the royal SHIT out of XMR and always will. Well, until XMR fades to black along with the handful of deluded fools on here who give any two shits about it. What then Licey, what then?

Oooh instamine. Say something original and interesting. Go on I dare you.

Your pump and dump dance would probably be more effective if you were less transparently dishonest in your approach.

CoinJoin is trustless— which is orthogonal with centralized or decentralized, it could be implemented several ways (though trustlessness is usually a prerequisite to a decenteralized implementation). Post 5 in the CoinJoin thread writes in depth about implementing it in a decenteralized way, none of which appears to have been implemented by the darkcoin developers as far as I can tell— from what I've heard it seems that they're not even able to understand it. (This is a disappointment to me, since I was trying to describe these ideas clearly so others could understand them.)

More amusingly, what DarkCoin does is highly centralized because the software is closed— you can't get more centralized than closed source. What the actual behavior is, is anyone's guess— it's impossible to review due to it being closed— though "masternodes" does not sound like something decenteralized, it sounds like something that creates a small chokepoint which could be used to deanonymize its users, like a server based CoinJoin but worse since you have to hold a huge pile of coins to run a server.

From what I can tell the only purpose DarkCoin serves is to depress me about the state of humanity.

So the creator of Litecoin has explained how dash is crap, Peter Todd has explained how dash is crap and Greg Maxwell has explained how dash is crap, can we agree that the only ones dumb (or dishonest) enough to state otherwise are those holding dashbags?

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:39:10 AM

Poor old Licey. If he's not sycophantically quoting Peter Todd for the 1000th time he's trying to get other XMR bag-holding circle-jerkers to play 'ignore-the-attacker'. He knows XMR is _losing_ and DASH is _winning_ - just look at the market cap that's always beaten the royal SHIT out of XMR and always will. Well, until XMR fades to black along with the handful of deluded fools on here who give any two shits about it. What then Licey, what then?

Oooh instamine. Say something original and interesting. Go on I dare you.

Your pump and dump dance would probably be more effective if you were less transparently dishonest in your approach.

CoinJoin is trustless— which is orthogonal with centralized or decentralized, it could be implemented several ways (though trustlessness is usually a prerequisite to a decenteralized implementation). Post 5 in the CoinJoin thread writes in depth about implementing it in a decenteralized way, none of which appears to have been implemented by the darkcoin developers as far as I can tell— from what I've heard it seems that they're not even able to understand it. (This is a disappointment to me, since I was trying to describe these ideas clearly so others could understand them.)

More amusingly, what DarkCoin does is highly centralized because the software is closed— you can't get more centralized than closed source. What the actual behavior is, is anyone's guess— it's impossible to review due to it being closed— though "masternodes" does not sound like something decenteralized, it sounds like something that creates a small chokepoint which could be used to deanonymize its users, like a server based CoinJoin but worse since you have to hold a huge pile of coins to run a server.

From what I can tell the only purpose DarkCoin serves is to depress me about the state of humanity.

So the creator of Litecoin has explained how dash is crap, Peter Todd has explained how dash is crap and Greg Maxwell has explained how dash is crap, can we agree that the only ones dumb (or dishonest) enough to state otherwise are those holding dashbags?

But but but... don't you know that if everyone is against you then it is a conspiracy and they are attacking you because DASH is the HOLY GRAIL of cryptocurrency?
 Tongue

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 02:50:35 PM

But but but... don't you know that if everyone is against you then it is a conspiracy and they are attacking you because DASH is the HOLY GRAIL of cryptocurrency?
 Tongue

did you watch indiana jones?
they picked the wrong grail....

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:59:05 PM

Tongue

did you watch indiana jones?
they picked the wrong grail....

With the list of shady things Dash/Dark has experienced since inception...i'm pretty sure it isn't the HOLY GRAIL of digital payments.

But let those who want to live in blissful ignorance continue on as some are not in it to change the world...buy to line their pockets with other people's fiat.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

DrkLvr_ (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 02:40:15 PM

So now any coin can implement CoinJoin and claim to be the new DarkCoin?

This is just one aspect being developed:

Improvements over this mixing solution are due to include the following features:

* Master Nodes These nodes handle the mixing through random selection -
They are responsible for being the authority of what goes into the joined transaction each session.
eduffield, 21 February 2014 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5282966#msg5282966

* I2P:
I'm implementing I2P into the masternodes. We're going to have our own private network just for DarkSend.
eduffield, 10 May 2014. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6643662#msg6643662

* Ring signatures are going to be implemented in V2.
I will begin development immediately after I opensource V1.
eduffield, 12 May 2014. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6686819#msg6686819

*IP obfuscation 12 May 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6694377#msg6694377

Fundamentals, gotta have those fundamentals  Wink
#FAIL
DrkLvr_ (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 02:40:49 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2015, 04:46:54 PM by DrkLvr_

The thing is that he promises a lot and doesn't deliver.

Aha? Tell me only ONE example please.

Only thing a can rembember that isn't ready today is Two-factor authentication, but that has no priority.

Two-factor authentication is the only one pille can remember Sad In addition to the 4 in the previous post, what happened to Masternode blinding? github link below goes 404. Blinding was never implemented despite being "working", and despite Evan's promises that it was only being delayed due to mobile wallets

Masternode blinding is working   Grin

It's super fast, secure and should reduce mixing time by 80%+

https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commits/masternode-blinding

There is NO issue with Darksend, in fact the new masternode blinding system is quite impressive.

************ Please Update To 11.2.22! ****************

- DS Speed Improvements : Darksend should be lightning fast now on mainnet. We're going to delay the implementation of masternode blinding because there's two separate mobile wallets that are in the process of implementing Darksend and the reference implementation needs to be super stable during this period of time. Once we have the mobile wallets done (which should have Darksend and InstantX support) we can move back to improving Darksend.

The new masternode blinding system is SO impressive he couldn't figure out how to implement it  Sad

Instead, Evan decided to tell everyone Masternode blinding is delayed due to excuses, then never speak about it again.

#FAIL
#LIES
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:47:14 PM

There is NO issue with Darksend, in fact the new masternode blinding system is quite impressive.

In that context it sounds like he is talking about code that someone else wrote.

Perhaps someone that is working behind the scenes.

My guess would be that Evan has people to help him where he doesn't know what he is doing working for him (as he pays them).

Nothing bad about that...just the fact that he makes it appear that HE is the one developing all of this on his own is shady.

not to mention all of the other things like peer review that does not exist for Dash.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:52:37 PM

Masternode blinding is working   Grin

It's super fast, secure and should reduce mixing time by 80%+

https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commits/masternode-blinding

************ Please Update To 11.2.22! ****************

- DS Speed Improvements : Darksend should be lightning fast now on mainnet. We're going to delay the implementation of masternode blinding because there's two separate mobile wallets that are in the process of implementing Darksend and the reference implementation needs to be super stable during this period of time. Once we have the mobile wallets done (which should have Darksend and InstantX support) we can move back to improving Darksend.

The new masternode blinding system is SO impressive he couldn't figure out how to implement it  Sad

Instead, Evan decided to tell everyone Masternode blinding is delayed due to excuses, then never speak about it again.

#FAIL
#LIES

From the outside looking in it appears that Evan does the following:

1. realizes that anonymity is the hot topic .......BETTER DEVELOP ANONYMOUS CODE!

2. anonymity dies down as a hot topic...

3. speed is now the current hot topic.... BETTER DEVELOP FAST TRANSACTION CODE

4. speed dies down as a hot topic...

5. scalability is the hot topic (given bitcoin's block size issue)...... BETTER DEVELOP SCALABLE CODE!

You can guess what is the next step...

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

bigfryguy

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 12:16:07 AM

not quite sure why keeping a project current is a bad thing.  almost seems like a good reason to buy some.

I agree the premine sucks, but does anyone have any evidence that the coin is now unfairly distributed?

DrkLvr_ (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 01:04:26 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2015, 01:28:45 PM by DrkLvr_

not quite sure why keeping a project current is a bad thing.  almost seems like a good reason to buy some.

I agree the premine sucks, but does anyone have any evidence that the coin is now unfairly distributed?

Please explain how Evan posting in March about masternode blinding being "ready and working great - it's really quite impressive" then in April "we're delaying implementation due to excuses" then nothing more about masternode blinding heard in 7 months is "keeping a project current"

More like premature hyping and the realization that it didn't actually work after all. of course Evan can't disappoint his cult followers by admitting his "quite impressive" blinding was actually a big fail
DrkLvr_ (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 01:12:36 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2015, 01:26:36 PM by DrkLvr_

Evan starts a sham vote !

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525093.0

Although there was a hard cap of 84M, Evan chooses to lie in the vote selection by claiming an infinite supply in order to manipulate the voting. When asked about this in the thread, Evan never responds again. This one is so scammy i think it deserves its own thread.

can you show on the graph what existing looks like?

I am lost here. I thought there was a hard cap at 84 million, yet the red line increases forever. Did that cap never exist?

Dash Sad
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:54:08 AM

Did Dash create more coins out of thin air?  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

No. If it did, it would've been a hard fork and miners and users would've had to choose which fork to support. And by the looks of it, not many would've supported the new fork.

Did duff wanted to hide his shady dealings??

Depends on what you mean by shady. Given the agenda you're driving you probably imply a scam, which it isn't and wasn't.

You wouldn't want such a merge plan to leak because scammers would game the markets before the valuation date of the coins that determine the percentage each holder will get the new coin.

A coin that has 10% of the marketcap of the other (can't remember what the exact percentages were back then but around that number I presume) can easily be pumped by 100% or 200% to get unfair gains that don't reflect true market value.
DrkLvr_ (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:45:19 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2015, 02:09:20 PM by DrkLvr_

Looks like illodin aka illospin is on scam defence duty today

Of course DASH is a scam run by scammers. What else would you call an intentional scam instamine then lying about it being a bug? Some more proof of fraud below. My personal favorite is the sham vote, now that's classy. But the hyping of exchange buys while selling OTC is also an instant classic

Daesh Developers setting up sham votes ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1256392.msg13120093#msg13120093 )

Daesh Developers hyping the coin by announcing publicly they're buying on exchanges while actively selling OTC? ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1220204.0 )
illodin

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:51:28 PM

Looks like illodin aka illospin is on scam defence duty today

Well if you don't like FUD being refuted by simply posting facts it's not my problem.
DrkLvr_ (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:55:42 PM

Facts are fine. My statement was in response to this:

Given the agenda you're driving you probably imply a scam, which it isn't and wasn't.

Anyone denying Dash is a scam at this point is either

- blind
- stupid
- has an agenda of their own
- all of the above
illodin

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:04:56 PM

Facts are fine. My statement was in response to this:

Given the agenda you're driving you probably imply a scam, which it isn't and wasn't.

Anyone denying Dash is a scam at this point is either

- blind
- stupid
- has an agenda of their own
- all of the above

Ok so if it is so clear to you please explain how would merging 2 coins be a scam?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: