Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:30:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: paypal or bitcoin?  (Read 138293 times)
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:44:26 PM

Paypal allows us to recover our money when a scammer tries to steal us,but the high fees involved into it make me now avoid those system and be full at bitcoin,i have paypal but i dont use it anymore.

paypal has great advantages for buyers. and where is the protection for sellers? if some one charges back his money, then the dude has his money back, and he also has the item he had bought from the seller. i will always choose bitcoin. paypal is pure crap.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:03:50 PM

Perhaps some day there could be an escrow option for btc that is easier than current used methods.  That's the only thing that PayPal users prefer imo.
Paypal doesn't need to use escrow, when you cheated with someone, you can dispute the transaction, is quite easy and safe
bitcoin can't like that
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:24:47 PM

Paypal allows us to recover our money when a scammer tries to steal us,but the high fees involved into it make me now avoid those system and be full at bitcoin,i have paypal but i dont use it anymore.
Paypal good for buyers and bitcoin is good for sellers. I'm continously buying little things (from $1 to $5 max.) from China and because of quality, quantity and delivery issues I prefer paypal. If I was a seller I would prefer bitcoin too. Confirmation time does not count because as soon as you realize that someone ordered something you sell and you wrap it up and put the address on it, you will have the confirmation too, so you can go to the post office.
AndySt
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:36:32 PM

PayPal, with its developed system is suited for online trading in the given time. No wonder that after separation of PayPal and eBay PayPal have more capitalization.
knightkon

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:17:37 AM

I think Bitcoin is a great replacement for Paypal.  I really like what can happen with this in the future and I am looking forward to the new improvements that show up in the near future.

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
betohell

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 08:08:41 AM

Paypal and western union are loosing costumers slowly day by day,the fact is there isnt space anymore to charge high fees when we have almost no money.
western union is becoming obsolete but paypal not yet . still very many users on there
but I am sure . will be a lot of people go to bitcoin

Bitcoin will replace both Paypal and Western Union which are mostly required for international money transfer facility. Lower fees and no identity verification are simple one of the reasons which will support for bitcoin's evolution for international money transfer. Soon we can see Paypal also becomes obsolete.
Well, many users are left paypal . because obliged to verify the identity and credit card . I think not everyone has a credit card,
with bitcoin you're free to transaction

MTBTT

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 08:13:55 AM

I think the answer's pretty obvious. A good example is that if you're a newbie and you go on the currency exchange section of this forum.

Situation 1: You have Paypal and you want to convert them into BTC. Even if you're legit and you're serious about exchanging money, you're likely to receive negative trust, or intense scrutiny. Even if you do happen to find you deal, you can be paying over 10% premium for the BTC you're buying. Not a good deal.

Situation 2: You have BTC and you want to convert them into Paypal. You get some premium on your bitcoins. If you deal with someone successfully you might even receive a positive trust.

You choose which situation you want to be in.
sbtctalk

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 08:16:40 AM

What are your experiences in handling paypal disputes? What if the buyer is fraudulent and filed charge-backs? Since PP sides buyers, won't the seller be at the losing end?

13Sk3gsQ1ogrzmyt3xMVvByxcUvZr98kKN
MTBTT

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 08:30:50 AM

What are your experiences in handling paypal disputes? What if the buyer is fraudulent and filed charge-backs? Since PP sides buyers, won't the seller be at the losing end?

Yep... that big negative balance never is good. At all.
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:52:43 PM

I see that most people are scammed in paypal deals but also in bitcoin but less. I consider bitcoin better than paypal in some cases and paypal better in some other cases(for fast deal and buyer protection)

paypal is good with refund system for buyer protection, but this system is bad for seller
sometimes buyer receive his digital good and try to refund his paypal transaction

But if you have proof that you have sold something and it has been delivered to the buyer they can not refund you.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:20:51 PM

That kind of stuff only happens when you are using paypal to trade with someone else. Paypal is super secure when you are using it to buy from websites, specially physical goods.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:21:45 PM

a thousand times Bitcoin than PayPal. PayPal can be even worse than banks. Besides, you don't have any privacy and you get you account frozen pretty easily. Bitcoin is the democratization of money PayPal is exactly the other way around!
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 08:08:12 PM

I see that most people are scammed in paypal deals but also in bitcoin but less. I consider bitcoin better than paypal in some cases and paypal better in some other cases(for fast deal and buyer protection)

paypal is good with refund system for buyer protection, but this system is bad for seller
sometimes buyer receive his digital good and try to refund his paypal transaction

But if you have proof that you have sold something and it has been delivered to the buyer they can not refund you.
That's not 100% sure, but most likely. I had a situation when I have bought a cheap but very good looking phone on ebay with decent specs. Next day the feedback started to show up that the seller is a scammer. The seller has not sent anything after the payment, so I have opened a dispute in Paypal. After the dispute, the seller have provided a tracking nr. which was legit. Dispute has been waiting for the tracking nr. to show if it will be delivered to me or not. A bit later the post delivered me a small envelope, I have signed that I have received it. The seller has sent me an empty(!) envelope just because of the tracking nr. to Paypal. That moment I thought that I have lost my money, my luck was that if I order something above $10 I always do a package opening video. With this and with a lot of phone calls to paypal and much more email conversations, I have managed to get my money back, despite of the proof of delivery, but it was a long fight and a lot of hassle...
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 08:17:47 PM

That's not 100% sure, but most likely. I had a situation when I have bought a cheap but very good looking phone on ebay with decent specs. Next day the feedback started to show up that the seller is a scammer. The seller has not sent anything after the payment, so I have opened a dispute in Paypal. After the dispute, the seller have provided a tracking nr. which was legit. Dispute has been waiting for the tracking nr. to show if it will be delivered to me or not. A bit later the post delivered me a small envelope, I have signed that I have received it. The seller has sent me an empty(!) envelope just because of the tracking nr. to Paypal. That moment I thought that I have lost my money, my luck was that if I order something above $10 I always do a package opening video. With this and with a lot of phone calls to paypal and much more email conversations, I have managed to get my money back, despite of the proof of delivery, but it was a long fight and a lot of hassle...

One of only a few advantages of PP to bitcoin: provides consumer protection. Though it can be integrated by services on their systems, still PayPal's chargeback rules is pretty much decent as a consumer protection service compared to what other bitcoin service out there offer. But let's face it, we want lesser fees on our transactions; bitcoin has the edge on that. Consumer protection should be integrated by merchants accepting bitcoin before they run their businesses.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 08:17:50 PM

For now i think paypal has much more advantages in relation to bitcoin.
Bitcoin is now an underdog, but in time bitcoin will beat paypal easily.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:46:33 PM

I were a costumer of paypal because i could withdraw direct to my bank account the same way to deposit,my account has no pennies i dont use it anymore paying 2 dollars or even 50 cents to send money to someplace loosing the full power of money .Im full at bitcoin all i make is based into it ,sometimes i sell a part and the rest i reinvest at some places.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:18:38 PM

the basically is same but i think PayPal is accepted in more online stores at the moment. Wink

of course, PayPal also has faster transactions and more secure
they have millions of users
paypal lived first
betohell

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 05:47:59 AM

the basically is same but i think PayPal is accepted in more online stores at the moment. Wink
paypal will start to wear. people will need secret transaction
paypal verification is very complicated. it makes users paypal reduced and switched to bitcoin

Ryananda

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 06:07:04 AM

I prefer to use bitcoin
Because bitcoin is not as complicated as using the paypal must have a credit card. Because there are still many people who do not have a credit card. And revenue through bitcoin easier than paypal
dhimasnk

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 06:28:14 AM

I prefer bitcoin because it is cheaper and faster in delivery

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: