Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:13:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin money?  (Read 112095 times)
cryptopusa

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:17:10 PM

It can be used as money,but it isnt works like a centralized fiat because BTC is a decentralized digital currency that grows even if you do nothing.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zilong99

Activity: 131
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 02:18:02 AM

Bitcoin is a virtual currency (digital) developed in 2009 by someone under the pseudonym of Satoshi Nakamoto. This currency is like Rupiah or Dollar, but it is only available in the digital world and this money has no physical form, like the currency in general.
M.L

Activity: 99
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:34:30 AM

Bitcoin is not a money, it is a digital currency but every bitcoiner can earn more money by means of working in a signature campaign as well as in the bounty. Basically, bitcoin is a common exchange of money wherein many people can invest to gain their own money that they will use for any expenses that want to pay.

IOST >_INTERNET OF SERVICE TOKEN
SECURE & SCALABLE INFRASTRUCTURE | FOR INTELLIGENT SERVICES_<
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:18:02 AM

bitcoin is used as a medium of exchange, so bitcoin can be said as money
It is money yes. Like you have said, it is used as medium of exchange so it can be said as payment method and it is money as well. Although it isn’t physical but it just resembles as the physical money except the existing state. Bitcoins are now moving all around the world and pole are using it as a money. They shop, they eat and pay bills from this so it is money like every other currency.
noodleasprin

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:46:06 AM

Bitcoin is a currency which means that it can function as money. However they are also treated as assets in order to get profit from an investment.
Traslavin

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:52:41 AM

bitcoin is used as a medium of exchange, so bitcoin can be said as money
It is money yes. Like you have said, it is used as medium of exchange so it can be said as payment method and it is money as well. Although it isn’t physical but it just resembles as the physical money except the existing state. Bitcoins are now moving all around the world and pole are using it as a money. They shop, they eat and pay bills from this so it is money like every other currency.
Bitcoin is a money but in terms of digital, since we have already fiat's in our country so it happen that Satoshi Nakamoto invented that it only exists in a digital world. Yes I classify bitcoin as a money too because like what a real money could be use as a mode of payment a bitcoin could also used the same to the online shops who accepts bitcoin as a payment. and aside from this, bitcoin can also be converted into fiat to use in our daily lives.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
sudzee2196

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:56:31 AM

yes buddy bitcoin is a cryptocurrency which is most secured and also has many benefits and  advantages. Its prices are also rising day by day,
bakekang008

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:06:57 AM

bitcoins are just like shells or furs in ancient times - of course they are not banknotes or coins, but it's money, because they have all the functions of money
Yes bitcoin is money and everyone can used it. Even young people using bitcoin because bitcoin is money. And everywhere you can used it.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:10:58 AM

Bitcoin is not a money, it is a digital currency but every bitcoiner can earn more money by means of working in a signature campaign as well as in the bounty. Basically, bitcoin is a common exchange of money wherein many people can invest to gain their own money that they will use for any expenses that want to pay.

Directly we can't say that bitcoin is money, but indirectly bitcoin work for us as a money, the difference is that bitcoin is digital currency and it has no other shape like fiat currency. But bitcoin give us money and we use it like a money. Then it doesn't matter for bitcoiners that bitcoin is money or not. 
ajdaj

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:19:57 AM

No, I do not consider bitcoin money, it's more an investment, not a currency. Bitcoin is not money. Bitcoin is a way of getting dividends previously invested in it. Bitcoin is a way of making money, but not money.
aryani

Activity: 122

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:22:04 AM

In my opinion,Bitcoin is a new kind of money.or it will be even more correct to say this is the kind of investment with which you can make purchases or pay bills. This is the future of electronic currencies.
djablom1

Activity: 125

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:26:39 AM

Bitcoin is something radically new. Nothing like Bitcoin has been possible until now. I would go so far as to consider it sui generis; "in its own class".  This makes it important to understand what Bitcoin actually is before we try to describe it to others.

We're getting a good handle on the code, and of course on Bitcoin's function and utility, but what words should we use to describe Bitcoin itself? There has been some debate in other threads [mostly my doing] over how it is like/not like money, cash, dollars, etc. I'd like to start this thread by focusing on the term "money", and play Devil's avocate by asking for your best arguments that Bitcoin IS money.

My legal dictionary states "In usual and ordinary acceptation it [money] means gold, silver, or paper money, used as circulating medium of exchange, and does not embrace notes, bonds, evidences of debt, or other personal or real estate." [cites omitted]

Wikipedia says "Money is any object that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a given country or socio-economic context. The main functions of money are distinguished as: a medium of exchange; a unit of account; a store of value; and, occasionally, a standard of deferred payment." [cited omitted]

Webster's Online Dictionary defines money as:
    • 1. The most common medium of exchange; functions as legal tender; "we tried to collect the money he owed us".
    • 2. Wealth reckoned in terms of money; "all his money is in real estate".
    • 3. The official currency issued by a government or national bank; "he changed his money into francs".
    • 4. A piece of metal, as gold, silver, copper, etc., coined, or stamped, and issued by the sovereign authority as a medium of exchange in financial transactions between citizens and with government; also, any number of such pieces; coin.
    • 5. Any written or stamped promise, certificate, or order, as a government note, a bank note, a certificate of deposit, etc., which is payable in standard coined money and is lawfully current in lieu of it; in a comprehensive sense, any currency usually and lawfully employed in buying and selling.
    • 6. In general, wealth; property; as, he has much money in land, or in stocks; to make, or lose, money.
    [links omitted]
    [/list]

I maintain that per these definitions, Bitcoin cannot possibly be described as "money". And further, I think that those who do describe Bitcoin as "money" are doing this community a disservice.

But that is just my point of view. Are there any that can convincingly argue otherwise, that Bitcoin IS money?

Yes!bitcoin is also a money.in other countries this kind of currency was already been used to any transactions and transportations anyway.and we here in the Philippines bitcoin is money also because bitcoin can transfer to our own currency as peso.thats why I can says that bitcoin is a money.
    I agree with you in my country you can already pay with bitcoins and order a pizza at home or even book plane tickets to somewhere and pay that with your bitcoins i believe we are getting closer and closer to a world with bitcoins.
    bellanas

Activity: 392
    Merit: 20

View Profile
    January 09, 2018, 11:39:27 AM

I agree too that bitcoin is like money nowadays.

Many of us are already calculating with this tool and me too.
    parassinghal

Activity: 210

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
    January 09, 2018, 11:47:54 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency or even you can think about it as an asset because of the fluctuation in its price according to its demand in the market.

KrLos

Activity: 768
    Merit: 1000

View Profile
    January 09, 2018, 11:55:18 AM

Bitcoin is something radically new. Nothing like Bitcoin has been possible until now. I would go so far as to consider it sui generis; "in its own class".  This makes it important to understand what Bitcoin actually is before we try to describe it to others.

We're getting a good handle on the code, and of course on Bitcoin's function and utility, but what words should we use to describe Bitcoin itself? There has been some debate in other threads [mostly my doing] over how it is like/not like money, cash, dollars, etc. I'd like to start this thread by focusing on the term "money", and play Devil's avocate by asking for your best arguments that Bitcoin IS money.

My legal dictionary states "In usual and ordinary acceptation it [money] means gold, silver, or paper money, used as circulating medium of exchange, and does not embrace notes, bonds, evidences of debt, or other personal or real estate." [cites omitted]

Wikipedia says "Money is any object that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a given country or socio-economic context. The main functions of money are distinguished as: a medium of exchange; a unit of account; a store of value; and, occasionally, a standard of deferred payment." [cited omitted]

• 1. The most common medium of exchange; functions as legal tender; "we tried to collect the money he owed us".
      • 3. The official currency issued by a government or national bank; "he changed his money into francs".
      • 4. A piece of metal, as gold, silver, copper, etc., coined, or stamped, and issued by the sovereign authority as a medium of exchange in financial transactions between citizens and with government; also, any number of such pieces; coin.
      • 5. Any written or stamped promise, certificate, or order, as a government note, a bank note, a certificate of deposit, etc., which is payable in standard coined money and is lawfully current in lieu of it; in a comprehensive sense, any currency usually and lawfully employed in buying and selling.
      • 6. In general, wealth; property; as, he has much money in land, or in stocks; to make, or lose, money.
      [links omitted]
      [/list]

I maintain that per these definitions, Bitcoin cannot possibly be described as "money". And further, I think that those who do describe Bitcoin as "money" are doing this community a disservice.

But that is just my point of view. Are there any that can convincingly argue otherwise, that Bitcoin IS money?

I think this is a certain kind of money.
      It has some signs of money. Bitcoin can be used for payment, but it is not recognized by the majority
      Tonydman97

Activity: 104

View Profile
      January 09, 2018, 12:28:16 PM

For me, Bitcoin is not a money, it is a virtual currency. It doesn’t exist in the kind of physical form that the currency & coin we’re used to exist in. It doesn’t even exist in a form as physical as money.

But consider how much cash you personally handle. You get a paycheck that you take to the bank or it’s autodeposited without you even seeing the paper that it’s not printed on. In short, Bitcoin is a global currency, which is traded person to person without any need for a bank in the middle.
      iphone5s

Activity: 862

View Profile WWW
      January 09, 2018, 12:29:41 PM

[links omitted]
        [/list]

I think this is a certain kind of money.
        It has some signs of money. Bitcoin can be used for payment, but it is not recognized by the majority

Not everyone recognizes Bitcoin among them for the inland people who are difficult to access the Internet network.

fredo123

Activity: 350

View Profile
        January 09, 2018, 12:44:13 PM

Yes, it is the same with money which can be used to purchased something, it can alter into fiat currency and could also be a good source of income, by simply holding it and wait for the right time to pumps up its value:)
        aryani

Activity: 122

View Profile
        January 09, 2018, 01:19:55 PM

Well in my opinion looking on how money is defined as any commodity that can be used as mode of payment in order to avail goods, services and as payment of debts bitcoin can be called money since it can be used on latter purposes stated. As of now, use of bitcoins in financial activities are only limited and not all peopleor institution is accepting bitcoins like money then I could say it still a reason not to call bitcoins money unless it is already acceted by all.
        BETnaBET

Activity: 125

View Profile
        January 09, 2018, 01:43:42 PM

[links omitted]
          [/list]

On my own opinion l agree that bitcoin is money.Bitcoin produces money,it is bigger than any other description of cash. The good thing to bitcoin is higher than cash.Bitcoin has a volatile value so that you will get the best profit in bitcoin.
          Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
            Print  

Jump to: