Bitcoin Forum
November 23, 2017, 01:52:51 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin money?  (Read 100534 times)
NoNetwork

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:10:30 PM

I would have to say that Bitcoin is definitely money. I use it to buy games and other things online. Just like MC.
It is definitely money alright, buying things online is the first step of it. Well I heard that Bitcoin are now accepted as payment in universities for tuition that is. Also to those counties that have already accepted it as their own currency; their government let some privileges in using Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Avity

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:22:06 PM

I maintain that per these definitions, Bitcoin cannot possibly be described as "money". And further, I think that those who do describe Bitcoin as "money" are doing this community a disservice.

Given this statement... What is your argument that bitcoin cannot possibly be described as money? and why would it be a disservice?

Your basically saying that bitcoin is not a medium of exchange.  So then what is it?
Nelson2

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:35:16 PM

Yes of cours bitcoin is a money but it'a virtual money. However you have the possibility to convert your bitcoins in real money so that's good and so you can consider bitcoins as a real money
xSkyer

Activity: 154

JOLYY - The future of beauty!

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 09:50:49 PM

Yes. In my opinion, we can call Bitcoin money. More and more people become interested in cryptocurrencies and they seem to like the idea. It would be interesting for me to see a world without banks, everyone would be their own bank. I find using Bitcoin easier than traditional banking. Less formal stuff needed to do. No need to contact bankers who know more than they should.

salahfycl

Activity: 141

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:52:46 PM

yes of cource bitcoin is real money i buy online with bitcoin game and online service , change bitcoin with fiat money and buy anything  ;

FasTroy

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:41:07 PM

Yes. In my opinion, we can call Bitcoin money. More and more people become interested in cryptocurrencies and they seem to like the idea. It would be interesting for me to see a world without banks, everyone would be their own bank. I find using Bitcoin easier than traditional banking. Less formal stuff needed to do. No need to contact bankers who know more than they should.
You are right, It's a perfect way to control your money as you want. You don't need to hold your money to other people hands. You can control easily your money without any problems, Also it's more easy and secure, As you are a member in bitcoin community, you will use your bitcoin anonymously in the internet so no one can track you, also you can even control your transactions fees, and you don't need to upload your documents, like ID papers or anything like that.

winterland

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:00:50 PM

bitcoin is not money but asset like gold. not worth if use bitcoin for buy a things.
buy bitcoin invest bitcoin why buy money for money if bitcoin is money?
But gold is money as well, maybe people do not use it like that anymore but that is not important gold was used as money for a lot longer than any fiat currency and if people do not adopt bitcoin then it is very likely that gold makes a huge comeback when the fiat system collapses.

mobilestrike

Activity: 552

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:01:33 AM

I believe correct now bitcoins are more of an asset then cash. To me it isn't going to make a difference what type my paying energy is in wiether it truly is in gold bitcoins or sticks. I am just anxious for the worth and how considerably it will boost so I use Bitcoin as I think it has the greatest price then any other form of asset.
Yes you are right that Bitcoin is more an asset than the cash. Bitcoin is a leading crypto currency and it deals like that money to purchase things and making payments and exchange things in international market. In other words Bitcoin is money when you feels need of physical currency you just sell your Bitcoin and thousands of people are waiting for you to buy your bitcoin.

.ZIGGER.      ███
  ███ ███
█ ███ ███
█ ███ ███
     ███
███ ███
███ ███
  ███ ███
███ ███
███ ███
███     █
███ ███
███
A Decentralized Crypto Marketplace
____ for Localized Shopping ____
[|FACEBOOK
TWITTER
SLACK
ICO  ▶  13th November 2017
GET YOUR 40% BONUS
IN FIRST 24 HOURS!
]      ███
  ███ ███
█ ███ ███
█ ███ ███
     ███
███ ███
███ ███
  ███ ███
███ ███
███ ███
███     █
███ ███
███
jer

Activity: 65

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:22:40 PM

Although bitcoin is still used mainly as an investment, it is still a currency. Just now there is no possibility to use bitcoin for its intended purpose - like money, there are very few places where you could pay them off. But this trend is changing, and very soon we will be able to buy a cup of coffee for bitcoin, I'm sure.
miss.M

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:31:03 PM

we all know that money have there own meaning and it is any item or verifiable record that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a particular country or socio-economic context, and bitcoin is a kind of digital currency where in you can use through the use of internet. money and bitcoin have the same characteristic like using as a payment for goods and services but in different aspect.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     UTRUST // The FUTURE of Online Payments     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      whitepaper     facebook     twitter     slack       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Main-ICO | Coming soon...
BitcoinCurve~

Activity: 104

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:32:54 PM

Of course Bitcoin is money if you can spend it on things then its money and bitcoin can be spent anywhere
LogitechMouse

Activity: 84

Effort + Patience = Success

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:33:25 PM

Bitcoin is money definitely. What is the definition of money? its a current medium of "exchange" in the form of coins and banknotes. There is a word there exchange. Some people now are buying things now thru bitcoin so they give their bitcoin in exchange into things they want to buy. Some called bitcoin as asset but assets are money too so definitely, bitcoin is money.

Paycent BRIDGING THE GAP BETWEEN CRYPTOCURRENCY AND FIAT  WHITEPAPER | LINK TO DISCUSSION | ICO: 2-30 Nov ’17
Frank0209

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:43:03 PM

Of course it is cause you can use Bitcoin to pay for bill or purchase anything you need but Bitcoin need to be legalized to can be used worldwide. Moreover although Bitcoin is not legalized worldwide but you are still able to exchange it into cash to pay for anything as long as it's not banned in your country. These cases made me think that Bitcoin is money Smiley

||▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▀▄   ▀▀▄      ▄▀▀   ▄███
█   █▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▀▀   ▄██████
█   █  ▀▀▄      ▄█████████
█   █     ▀▀▄▄██████▀▀████
█   █        ████▀  ▄▄████
█   █        █▀  ▄▄███████
█   █         ▄▄████▀▀████
█    ▀▄      ████▀  ▄▄████
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▀▄   ▀▀▄      ▄▀▀   ▄███
█   █▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▀▀   ▄██████
█   █  ▀▀▄      ▄█████████
█   █     ▀▀▄▄██████▀▀████
█   █        ████▀  ▄▄████
█   █        █▀  ▄▄███████
█   █         ▄▄████▀▀████
█    ▀▄      ████▀  ▄▄████
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
[]|
paul27

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:08:06 PM

Bitcoin is convertible to fiat money cash using an online, wallet therefore it justify that its a money and you can cash it out through bank affiliated with the wallet site.
blackr15

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:56:48 AM

What is Bitcoin's money. bitcoin is the virtual currency. sophisticated digital currency ...

bitcoin was ranked number 1 at the time because of its very high price ...

▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ E i d o o ▬ your blockchain asset experience ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ " Token Sale Raised 82,372.33 ETH " ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ TwitterFacebook  ▰ BountyDiscussion ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
Brigalabdis

Activity: 112

🌟ATLANT ICO 24hr LEFT🌟

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:07:18 AM

In my perception a thing that you can exchange or from the word currency, bitcoin is money.

Dava.Dina

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:08:50 AM

Bitcoin is a kind of digital currency where you can use it through internet usage, and you can trade it into cash to pay anything as long as it is not prohibited in your country.

we all know that money has its own meaning, Money and bitcoin have the same characteristics as can be used as payment of goods and services but in different aspects, but Bitcoin needs to be legalized in order to be used all over the world.

▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ E i d o o ▬ your blockchain asset experience ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ " Token Sale Raised 82,372.33 ETH " ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ TwitterFacebook  ▰ BountyDiscussion ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
dalek

Activity: 396

★ BitClave $22M/$25M on pre-sale ★

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:51:04 PM

bitcoin is not money but asset like gold. not worth if use bitcoin for buy a things.
But gold is money as well, maybe people do not use it like that anymore but that is not important gold was used as money for a lot longer than any fiat currency and if people do not adopt bitcoin then it is very likely that gold makes a huge comeback when the fiat system collapses.
Gold is not money, it is an asset and you can convert it to money. Money is FIAT, Gold has value but you can not call it is money. Money can use to payment but we can not use Gold to that. Therefore, you need to know the difference between FIAT and asset.

,'+██':                 
              ,█████████████;             
            .██████████████████           
            .████████████████████         
         █  .███;         ,███████.       
        ██  .█+              '█████'       
      `███  .█+    ,;'':       █████+     
      ████  .█+ ███████████,    ,████+     
     █████  .████████████████,    ████,   
    ██████  .██████████████████   `████   
   ;██████  .█████`      '██████  .█████   
   ████ ██  .███           :████████████. 
  +███  ██  .█.     `..      ████████████ 
  ████  ██  .    .███████'    ███████████`
 ,███   ██      ███████████    ███████████
 ████   ██     █████████████`  `██████████
 ███;  ███    ███████████████   ██████████`
 ███   ███   .████████████████  `█████████'
,███   ███   █████████████████   ██████████
'███  ,███   █████████████████:  ██████████
+███  ;███  `██████████████████  ██████████
████  '███  .██████████████████  +█████████
████  '███  .██████████████████  +█████████
'███  :███   █████████████████'  ██████████
:███   ███   █████████████████   ██████████
 ███   ███'  '████████████████   ██████████
 ███,  ████   ███████████████`  ██████████,
 ████  ,███:  `█████████████+   ██████████
 ;███   ████   `███████████+   ███████████
  ███'  .████    █████████`   +██████████;
  ████   █████     :███'     +███████████ 
   ████   █████`            ████████████+ 
   ████,   ██████`        +█████. +█████   
    ████    █████████++████████`   ████.   
    .████    ;████████████████    █████   
     '████`    +████████████     █████     
      +████+     `'█████+.     .█████     
       +█████.                ██████       
        ,██████;           .███████       
          █████████':,:;█████████.         
           ,███████████████████+           
             .███████████████;             
                `'████████,               
gilabusuk1

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:23:00 PM

Gold is not money, it is an asset and you can convert it to money. Money is FIAT, Gold has value but you can not call it is money. Money can use to payment but we can not use Gold to that. Therefore, you need to know the difference between FIAT and asset.
yes gold is an asset that is now starting to decline demand because of the bitcoin
and gold must be exchanged with money first so it can be used in terms of purchase transactions

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ICO ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
WIRELINE.io  -  Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
winterland

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:27:13 AM

I disagree, gold is money, it has been used in that way since the birth of civilization, just because people no longer accept it as such because it is forbidden in the law does not change the history, so gold is money and bitcoin is money too even if many governments are trying to say that bitcoin is an asset as well.

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.