Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:50:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin money?  (Read 112089 times)
notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:08:48 PM

Oh, maybe this is not money in full, but it fulfills the function of money, cause we can use bitcoin for buing and selling. So, I think that it can be called a full currency.
That is true, bitcoin pretty much fulfills this function, but it is very important to say that this is just a one thing about bitcoin.
You can use cryptocurrencies for many different things, for investing,holding, paying for something etc.
Also, if you invest in some particular crypto, you pretty much support the whole network: same thing with bitcoin because a good example of it might be last days in Japan: the bitcoin price holds pretty stable on insanely high price  level, because Japan citizens are making a big part of daily volume. After all , BTC will be adopted in this country so people want to obtain some of it.

I do agree with what you have said. The price would continue to rise up as the demand increases that means the users are increasing in number and will continue to increase as countries have begun accepting it for example Russia, Switzerland, and Russia have started to recognize and legalize the use of it.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fujyo86

Activity: 253

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:17:56 PM

Bitcoin is more than money. We can use bitcoin more than for payment. Bitcoin can we trade with altcoin and we can reap the benefits of it.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:22:15 PM

Bitcoin is more than money. We can use bitcoin more than for payment. Bitcoin can we trade with altcoin and we can reap the benefits of it.

Who told you that you can't perform similar thing with fiat money like US Dollar or Euro. Have you heard about Forex? Forex exchange refers to trading different international currencies for speculative purpose and earning profits.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:07:03 PM

Slowly legal acceptance of bitcoin as a currency is increasing all around. Users have difference in opinion, some give importance as an investment, some for the gambling need and in such a manner there are few people who buy it hold and spend as a currency when the value increase than the price they spend on buying the same.

yes and finally in not too long again, we can see that bitcoin can be accepting in many country, but we need to calm down because there is still many country that is not giving their permission for bitcoin to used by people. but after many people especially the government that thinking that bitcoin is money, then i think they will considering to accepting bitcoin as another ways for payment system beside fiat.

We should have patience for that to happen as it will not be done overnight and bitcoin to get support from Government will take really long time so its better to wait and watch instead of making some false assumptions.

Exactly once, if we look at the benefits and opportunities in the huge profits will thus bitcoin we get within a fairly short time. But the thing we have to do with the hard work to make it happen, because the Government will definitely look at and determine it. Although sometimes the Government is more worried about themselves, but I am sure they are doing the best. If not then it may be his responsibility to his creator

White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:40:45 PM

Anything that is being used as a medium of exchange is money. Bitcoin, like gold, is money.

Yes. It doesn't matter what nation-states think bitcoin is.

All we're doing is saying bitcoin as something else other than its economic reality.

Yes it can be consider as a money. It can now buy things that you want. But right now bitcoin is not definitely money because not everyone accept it as a payment.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:44:34 PM

Anything that is being used as a medium of exchange is money. Bitcoin, like gold, is money.

All we're doing is saying bitcoin as something else other than its economic reality.

Yes it can be consider as a money. It can now buy things that you want. But right now bitcoin is not definitely money because not everyone accept it as a payment.
It's not about making Bitcoin being accepted by everyone to be considered as a kind of money. It just need to be accepted as a payment or a medium of exchange by anyone or a society within them. If I continued with your statement and I am trying to pay Korean Won in the USA and no one is accepting it then Korean Won is not considered as a kind of money. Am I right? The debate for this will be a tough one as even us Bitcoin users does not support Bitcoin being a kind of currency in this world.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 05:07:16 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2017, 06:17:02 AM by deisik

It's not about making Bitcoin being accepted by everyone to be considered as a kind of money. It just need to be accepted as a payment or a medium of exchange by anyone or a society within them. If I continued with your statement and I am trying to pay Korean Won in the USA and no one is accepting it then Korean Won is not considered as a kind of money. Am I right? The debate for this will be a tough one as even us Bitcoin users does not support Bitcoin being a kind of currency in this world

Basically, yes, you are right

If some currency is not accepted in another country, then it is not money (or currency) in that country. It seems to be a paradox since the same currency in one place is considered as money while in the other not as money. But this paradox is easily resolved if you come to think of money (or rather a money token functioning as money) as a matter of convention, not a thing in and of itself. Just like there are different laws in respect to essentially the same actions (e.g. in some jurisdictions weed is illegal while in others it is perfectly legit), so in different places there are different conventions in respect to what is considered money there

JemmaColin

Activity: 100
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:12:29 PM

To date, Bitcoin for me is the main source of income and I do not see it as real money because with it I can realize all my ideas and have the means to exist. Therefore Bitcoin this product which brings me a profit I have not yet used it as money.
Nitori

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:16:13 PM

To date, Bitcoin for me is the main source of income and I do not see it as real money because with it I can realize all my ideas and have the means to exist. Therefore Bitcoin this product which brings me a profit I have not yet used it as money.

if you get profit and get an income from it, it's tecnically speacking money.
... if you have a dolar in your pocket and don't use it it's still money.
Same story with gold, same story with bitcoins.

is not How or What do you use it into. It's about What it is and what value does it have.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:15:16 PM

Bingo!

Well, the term money is right, but we have to be more specific about this, because there is a lot of money, like the fiat, that we use in the real world and the virtual money that we are using in the internet to buy stuffs and so on which is called cryptocurrencies. The term "Money" is the fiat, because it is the term that we are used on calling the currency that we are using in our everyday lives.
Yes I agree we need to specify it more when we talk about the Bitcoin as money. It is no doubt money with a virtual composition not physical.

Many of the people consider the fiat only as money and don’t accept the virtual currency as money. But I am hopeful that with the passage of time people will understand the concept and will not ask about the BTC whether it is money or not.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:24:24 PM

Actually, bitcoin is different from money, because bitcoin can also be used as investment tool. But because the price is high enough, people tend to use bitcoin as a medium of exchange. Well, it can be a money or a means of transaction depending on its use.
noninum

Activity: 505

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:34:02 PM

Actually, bitcoin is different from money, because bitcoin can also be used as investment tool. But because the price is high enough, people tend to use bitcoin as a medium of exchange. Well, it can be a money or a means of transaction depending on its use.

Bitcoin is much better than money. Bitcoin has two favorable sides, as both money and investment. If we keep it for a long time, it's very possible that we'll gain profit. And now many online stores that adopt bitcoin as payment.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:07:54 PM

For me, bitcoin is not money. It performs the functions of gold, payment of the system and cash. Bitcoin is something in common with what I called.
We have different understanding but for me it's money because it has a value and more valuable than fiat.
When I have a lot of bitcoins, I will think I am rich because it's money that I am holding.

If you have a lot of gold you will think you are rich as well, but gold is not money, right? It is money if you are spending it on your daily expenses. But if you are just holding it, then it just becomes an investment.
One of the qualities of money is that it should also be a store of value and gold is an asset that serves as a good store of value, so we can rightly say that gold is also a form of money which one can easily exchange for cash anytime anywhere across the globe. It is readily acceptable because people see it as a form of money.
Yes gold definitely is a form of money. If you look at the history of the paper money or coins etc. it basically started from gold. At first when there was no paper money people used the gold as a medium of exchange for the services and goods. More after things when get sophisticated the paper money was formed.
ankit10

Activity: 952
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 02:35:16 AM

yes bitcoin is money but its not 100% money because it was not yet accepted by everyone or government so till government not accept bitcoin as money we can't say it is money if we say bitcoin is money for now then everyone start creating their own coin and join in market distribution and start saying their coin or asset is money.
youngagethinker

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:57:18 AM

yes bitcoin is money but its not 100% money because it was not yet accepted by everyone or government so till government not accept bitcoin as money we can't say it is money if we say bitcoin is money for now then everyone start creating their own coin and join in market distribution and start saying their coin or asset is money.

That is because there are loopholes, different opinions, ideas about cryptocurrencies. Mixing Cryptocurrency in the current central banks system is like water and oil. Tho' some central banks are open on how they will regulate cryptocurrencies but they are still have a long way to go on how the block chain network and the function of Bitcoin will collide with the worlds monetary system.

Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:10:07 AM

Yeah it is a money on its state now but not a full money to be considered like what other users says.You can just consider bitcoins as pure money when you can spend it anytime and anywhere in the world
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:15:47 AM

Bitcoin like pearl shells found in the sea. Of course bitcoin is not coin or paper money. But bitcoin is money, digital money that has fantastic prices. Because bitcoin has, all functions.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:28:01 AM

Bitcoin could be called both as money and commodity.
Since people invest in bitcoins with the idea of getting more returns,it could be considered as a commodity.
But at the same time,bitcoin could be used for buying goods and could be easily transferred like currrency.Hence,bitcoin could also be considered as money.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:33:54 AM

Yeah it is a money on its state now but not a full money to be considered like what other users says.You can just consider bitcoins as pure money when you can spend it anytime and anywhere in the world
Yeah bitcoin is not fully formed as a money because you cannot spend it everywhere and it is not like our fiat currency that is very easy to use in doing transactions like buying some stuffs everywhere. Bitcoin is money but it is not made to compete the existing currencies now because it is just made for additional payment system.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:36:28 AM

Yesterday i asked a developer, that looks doesnt know at all what is bitcoin, and his words were it will worth 0,10 dollars into 2-3 years, i had almost said a lot of things about what he dont know about, but well. But atleas he knows it worths money, soo i do use bitcoin the same way i do use fiat saving, as well investing it.
It is not something new for me because in the region I live many of the people don’t really know that there exists any concept of the digital money. Even after trying to convince some of my close friends a few years back I found it hard.

But fortunately, now a day we have the lower percentage of people who don’t know the bitcoin or any other digital currency. It means bitcoin is just becoming similar to real money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: