Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:04:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin money?  (Read 112091 times)
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:48:22 AM

yeah it's money, but need processing to making it the money Grin It depends on us to manage it, goodly or badly. By playing it, save it, investing it. that's all i know:) so it's certainly bitcoin is money too. We can enjoy it after we cashing out it
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
InsiderOfCrypto

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:15:40 AM

To me personally, it's the precious asset class in which I have faith. So I would rather purchase more BTC than spending it on stuff that I do not need.
corroze

Activity: 602
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:20:16 AM

To me personally, it's the precious asset class in which I have faith. So I would rather purchase more BTC than spending it on stuff that I do not need.

I agree with you, and it seems like a good idea to be more frugal in choosing to store bitcoin than to exchange it with fiat money just to buy some items that do not have a vital function for our daily needs.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:21:09 AM

Now when i think about it i think you are right. Personally i never considered if bitcoin is like money and could be called that, but now when i think more carefully about it i think i would not say it is money. Bitcoin is more like possessing something that is worth some amount of money to other people. Directly bitcoin is not money, but indirectly it is, like most things in our life. Most things have its value in money, so there for it is not money but it could be turned in to money.
shimbark123

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:13:15 AM

Well it is a cryptocurrency and by the word itself, "currency" when we say currency it says money. So basically bitcoin is a currency or money or whatever you call it. But bitcoin a little bit different by the real money in the real world because the traditional way on paying on something is with the use of money that can work offline but bitcoin does work but you need an internet connection to see your bitcoins and use it on paying bills or whatever you pay.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
BitcoinzB

Activity: 210

💰💰💰💰

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:19:21 AM

I see people bringing in the definition of "money" forgetting that definitions are really outdated when it comes to something which still has to grow to become a standard. One day maybe those definition of money will be updated and beside this part of the definition:

"4. A piece of metal, as gold, silver, copper, etc., coined, or stamped, and issued by the sovereign authority as a medium of exchange in financial transactions between citizens and with government; also, any number of such pieces; coin. "

We will see "gold, silver, copper, bitcoin"
jurly

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:20:09 AM

I strongly say yes! as long as you use to buy things ,goods and gadget  . you can use it on exchanges. btc is a newly revolution of money. as you see it has market exchanger trading similar to currency. word "bitcoin currency" is also a proof.
Shiller2009

Activity: 131

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:24:29 AM

I strongly say yes! as long as you use to buy things ,goods and gadget  . you can use it on exchanges. btc is a newly revolution of money. as you see it has market exchanger trading similar to currency. word "bitcoin currency" is also a proof.

I agree, it's just a new virtual money with the help of which you can make purchases and earn money.

Himanshu111

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:57:23 AM

No, i don't believe Bitcoin is money because money is a universal accepted commodity which can be exchanged with anything available out there, but Bitcoin is not universally accepted so it can't be regarded as money. But, it can be regarded as an asset as Bitcoin is something which has great value and can provide good returns.
Humanxlemming

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:08:42 PM

No, i don't believe Bitcoin is money because money is a universal accepted commodity which can be exchanged with anything available out there, but Bitcoin is not universally accepted so it can't be regarded as money. But, it can be regarded as an asset as Bitcoin is something which has great value and can provide good returns.
Well we can say bitcoin as money after we convert it into fiat. Like bitcoin conveet it into your USD (your country fiat). Well in me it's PESO (PHP). Anyways all i can say is bitcoin is trully a money not just a mobey as a future because bitcoin is the one help me a lot
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:07:27 PM

I actually want to know, is it really a money..?
as a beginner member of this platform, i have to make it understand clearly, so far I know, Bitcoin is a virtual currency and it's getting spread out all over the world, I want to learn more about this issue...
Yes it is really money. Just search what is the meaning of money. And my own understanding to it is that it is something that you can use for purchasing goods and services. And we are using bitcoin for doing it so and not just only it because we can also use it as an investment.

The moment you can use it to buy goods or services it can be considered as real money. The fact that you convert it to fiat or vice versa makes it a widely accepted type of currency. So yeah Bitcoin is real money.

And it's gaining popularity.

Yes it is gaining popularity and the more people are keep on using it that is going to make the price of bitcoin higher. And it's very popular that many people now are using bitcoin for shopping online so it's truly money. Even you want to convert it to fiat so the same thing you have been using it for the best choice.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
MainIbem

Activity: 1330
Merit: 385

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:11:39 PM

Anything that is being used as a medium of exchange is money. Bitcoin, like gold, is money.

I agree with you. Since it is a means of transaction, then it is money. It is different from FIAT currency anyway.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:15:45 PM

Depends who you ask.
If I go to my local tax office, and try to report income from bitcoin, I will receive answer that it's impossible to do such thing.
Bitcoin is not recognized as legal currency in my country.
So, from legal viewpoint, bitcoin is not money.
From my own viewpoint, bitcoin is money because I can buy staff on Internet, trade bitcoin, sell, earn profit etc.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
djtas bitbit

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:42:54 PM

According to my admittedly bitcoin is a digital money is now much sought after by people from some countries because of the high value of the bitcoin moment, and using bitcoin is also sufficient for the daily needs of me and my family
ekans45

Activity: 229
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:48:24 PM

I believe that the statement: "bitcoin is new kind of money" passes the duck test.

Bitcoins function as money (they're a unit of account, a medium of exchange, and a store of value), and if PayPal started allowing Bitcoin transactions tomorrow I'm certain they'd treat them as Just Another Currency.

If you like, call it a commodity, but I think all you'll accomplish is confusing potential users who might think they'll end up getting pork-bellies delivered to their porch if they don't get rid of their bitcoins.

Yes bitcoin is not just a money itself but I also do believe that bitcoin is a way better form of money. Because it has value so literally it is a money it can be used in transaction also. But it makes transaction easy and reliable because transaction is can be made with the internet. Meaning to say that its development also changing fast like technology making it as a way better money.
Kelvinid

Activity: 2786
Merit: 343

when lambo...

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:50:54 PM

Anything that is being used as a medium of exchange is money. Bitcoin, like gold, is money.

I agree with you. Since it is a means of transaction, then it is money. It is different from FIAT currency anyway.
Same here.Bitcoin is  money because we can purchase stuffs online paid by bitcoin.In real world,although bitcoin is not yet legalized,but considering its essence makes it a real money.It can make a man's rich like a fiat currency.It can even change the way you live your life.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
Md Saad

Activity: 584
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:34:20 AM

Bitcoin is not a conventional form of money, it is a basic virtual money, you can use it as like as money, but not every country haven't approved it as a legal currency. in recent months many countries have started talking about it in order to allow as a legal currency...
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:11:53 AM

Yes for me bitcoin is a money as when i am converting it to fiat currency and can do all works and enjoy my life with it and run my family through it then it is money just like fiat currency.
Thats right, bitcoin is money, it is also my source of income since i have to provide for my own studies, i have to pay for my tuition fee, my allowance annd also if i have to pay at school. Since i am earning enough money through bitcoin i was able to support myself in many aspects, i can also provide the needs of our family, i buy them a sack of rice that is all good for a month, and its really a big help since we have financial difficulties

Indeed basically bitcoin is money and we can earn an income in the if willing to work and looking for a crack to be someone who is willing to give in return to what we used to do. Now it has started many things that we can get in the bitcoin, one of them in this forum is the signature campaign. The other thing is the faucet, blog, youtuber, became manager of the campaign, and much more. Everything is definitely symbiotic system using mutualisme

Valzzz005

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:46:33 PM

I believe that the statement: "bitcoin is new kind of money" passes the duck test.

Bitcoins function as money (they're a unit of account, a medium of exchange, and a store of value), and if PayPal started allowing Bitcoin transactions tomorrow I'm certain they'd treat them as Just Another Currency.

If you like, call it a commodity, but I think all you'll accomplish is confusing potential users who might think they'll end up getting pork-bellies delivered to their porch if they don't get rid of their bitcoins.

For me it is the future's money, it will be our new form of currency in the business world. I can call it a money because I can exchange my bitcoins into a real money in the bank. And I'm using it as my another source of income.
douglock

Activity: 300

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:25:13 PM

For me it is the future's money, it will be our new form of currency in the business world. I can call it a money because I can exchange my bitcoins into a real money in the bank. And I'm using it as my another source of income.
Well, bitcoin is not just money. Bitcoin is way too good to be just a simple money. Bitcoin is a future technology which will make the world better. Even if bitcoin can not as strong as it used to be, people will still remember bitcoin as a new revolution in the 21st century
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: