Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:53:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCFPGA bASICs "ready to ship"  (Read 6818 times)
tacotime (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 10:24:13 PM

Order ID: 952
Date Ordered: 02/10/2012

Your order has been updated to the following status:
Ready To Ship

To view your order click on the link below:
http://www.btcfpga.com/index.php?route=account/order/info&order_id=952

The comments for your order are:

Hello, we are excited to let you know that your order and payment has been processed. Your shipping invoice has been printed and will be ready to go when your bASIC has been assembled and released from test.

Thank you for your business!

The BTCFPGA Team

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

So we can infer:
1. Final ASICs have been cut out from the wafer and will be tested.
2. PCBs will be assembled soon after.

It looks like December will be the month of ASICs and BFL will fall flat on shipping before anyone else.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 10:40:15 PM

For me sounds like
Order Processing Status
https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=79.0
nothing more nothing less
Testing, debugging, bug fixing, bitstream develepmonet soon after......
ASIC's will be available next year - personal opinion

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
tacotime (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 10:51:48 PM

I'm pretty sure this is the case, as cablepair announced he had working ASIC prototypes at the end of September.

But it seems everyone's forgotten about that after Inaba started running around the Custom Hardware board waving his penis in the air.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 11:03:06 PM

I'm pretty sure this is the case, as cablepair announced he had working ASIC prototypes at the end of September.

But it seems everyone's forgotten about that after Inaba started running around the Custom Hardware board waving his penis in the air.

Don't act like you're not impressed!

But srsly, check this out, it basically means nothing:

What is this Ready To Ship email?
This basically means that this the order the ship team will see when they get ready to fill it - you should login and check to make sure you are seeing the counts and units you are expecting to see.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 11:08:42 PM

For me sounds like
Order Processing Status

btcfpga and BFL both have a Dave doing PR? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6wV7rAKMNE
2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 11:23:53 PM

IMO the whole race for fist production ASICs is at the finish line, we just have to wait a little more Wink

punin

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 11:52:53 PM

For me sounds like
Order Processing Status

LOL @ bitstream development

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 02:29:17 AM

Go bASIc go! Oh, wait, Go BFL, go! Lol! I'm not in the first batch so whatever. Good luck to everybody and let's see those ASICs mining.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 06:25:50 AM

What is so funny? Call it Firmware or whatever..but for sure some software development shall be done after the hardware production. Am i missing something here?

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
psilan

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:19:50 AM

What is so funny? Call it Firmware or whatever..but for sure some software development shall be done after the hardware production. Am i missing something here?

"develepmonet"  was pretty lol.

dip
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:22:45 AM

That's french aint it,  Huh It means making art,right  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
bcpokey

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:36:11 AM

People probably forgot about it because it looks like nothing came of it. cablepair offered "raw" ASIC chips, which probably means they have not been coded to actually hash.

Contacting Cablepair and locking thread due to beginning of attempted thread hijack by the always childish BitcoinINV.  I will report on the bounty after delivery of items.

Topic is still listed as "Bounty Offered" from September. No posts by this user have referred to this again.

Referring to this topic, it's clear that payment processing and whatnot is all that is happening. Tom has not announced an actual timetable for completion and shipping, and as of a few days only said that things look like they "should be on time", meaning things are not finalized, and as with all things in life, are susceptible to unforeseen circumstances.

With that said, bAsic at least on paper sounds like it will be first out the door, time will tell.
Rotsor

Activity: 309
Merit: 102

Presale is live!

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:49:12 AM

People probably forgot about it because it looks like nothing came of it. cablepair offered "raw" ASIC chips, which probably means they have not been coded to actually hash.
Do you realise there is no such thing? ASICs must be "coded" before they can be produced. ASIC without the "code" is just a plain piece of silicon. Do you think that's what they offered? Cheesy

bcpokey

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 08:13:48 AM

Do you realise there is no such thing? ASICs must be "coded" before they can be produced. ASIC without the "code" is just a plain piece of silicon. Do you think that's what they offered? Cheesy

Potentially, perhaps that is why no such deal was made? But I see your point, and retract that portion. I still foresee that it was a vapor-offer, as to why it was never finalized.
buzzdave
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2012, 12:48:45 AM

Having our orders Ready To Ship will save a lot of time for the ship team.  If we had waited until product was in the shop, sorting out all the orders, payments, free & paid upgrades, shipping upgrades and special customer requests would have brought our process to a standstill.  Mine and Tom's intention was to get everything staged as far as possible so we don't fall down at the goal line.
We'll have boxes & bubble wrap, shipping labels and everything ready so the units could literally be packaged while still warm.

Getting these bASICs out to customers on time will require a lot more than just having the product in hand...

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 01:20:28 AM

Got an email about the status of my order. You guys are doing a great job of communicating dave. Keep up the good work.

Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 03:01:51 PM

Having our orders Ready To Ship will save a lot of time for the ship team.  If we had waited until product was in the shop, sorting out all the orders, payments, free & paid upgrades, shipping upgrades and special customer requests would have brought our process to a standstill.  Mine and Tom's intention was to get everything staged as far as possible so we don't fall down at the goal line.
We'll have boxes & bubble wrap, shipping labels and everything ready so the units could literally be packaged while still warm.

Getting these bASICs out to customers on time will require a lot more than just having the product in hand...

How tempted are you to pop the bubbles in the bubble wrap?

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
beekeeper

Activity: 406

LTC

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2012, 03:06:10 PM

How tempted are you to pop the bubbles in the bubble wrap?
Haha, good one!

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2012, 04:11:50 PM

That's french aint it,  Huh It means making art,right  Roll Eyes

Cuz bitstreams make no sense in asics.

Unless you are talking about a FPGA prototype and a fpga conversion asic, which oh btw I have been telling people all along.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 04:36:30 PM

I hope you guys are prestaging a lot of other things too, like the stations that are going to be used to load the firmware and test the devices.  Be sure you have lots of USB cables, power cables, power supplies, power strips, etc on hand, with spares, and test the cables and power supplies and PCs etc beforehand.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: