Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:40:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should there be a limit to how many times you can post a day?  (Read 2757 times)
Fwdxlsh (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 11:59:56 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2015, 04:09:31 AM by Fwdxlsh

And when I say that, this is a proposal where the site has automatic scripting where the website just simply refuses to let you post a certain amount of times per day.

There is a two-four week waiting period for only a certain amount of posts to be counted into your activity.

This guy has 325 posts and 476 potential activity, if you don't know what this means then read the stickied threads here... To make things simple for you he could spam another 150 posts and get another 150 activity on 1 day (before the ban he won +85 activities in 3 hours)

If they have a signature campaign, it'll be a different situation.
NO! it will simply be worse!

If they do and they're posting more than 30-60 posts a day, this should constitute into a ban.
NO! if your posts are constructive you will not be banned for posting 60 posts.

-snip-
Hey Worhiper, the lock button please.
Well then.

The scripting of the website should be smarter then. As far as I am concerned, it is more than possible to simply code the website in a way where you cannot post a certain amount of times per day, or you cannot gain a certain amount of activity in a week. The automatic posting delay for new accounts is in full effect, which indicates that the possibility of placing that proposal into effect as well is more than possible.

I don't understand. If you don't like a user, it is best to just place them on ignore instead of antagonizing them. The only time you should post about a user is when they're doing an act or posting comments that are questionable. To me, this is not an issue. They haven't done anything too terrible. I don't recall of there being a rule that you are not allowed to post a certain amount of times per day. If there is a rule, please show me it.

You all just want to antagonize this user, and I will not condone this behavior. Other than posting that red text repeatedly, they're doing nothing wrong.

For some reason, this user has been fed overall incorrect information. Here, I have given him the proper information.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495948.0

Just a quick PSA to anyone that is annoyed by somebody's posts: it is best to just place them on ignore instead of antagonizing them. I did that with Quickseller, Vod, Gleb Gamow, jacee, dogie, Hariom, and some other people/trolls. If there's no proof that they're doing anything too terrible and you talk negatively about them, then you dislike them on a personal level. Which means it is best to just ignore them.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 12:08:27 AM

Definitely no. Such suggestions will never be enforced. I'll let someone else explain it to you (which probably won't help anyways).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
h0w8rd

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 12:19:33 AM

why would you limit them? if it's spam then you can, but if the post are legit and it's helpful, won't that defeat the purpose of a forum?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 12:37:09 AM

Can you stop posting controversial shitthreads then locking them when they don't go your way.

Hariom

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 03:36:58 AM

Can you stop posting controversial shitthreads then locking them when they don't go your way.

Correct.. This guy is posting many shit threads..
Instead of posting such type of threads again and again why dont you PM to a staff member like Cyrus or hilariousandco they reply very fast.
And If u keep making such threads again and again with silly questions IT IS CONSIDERED TO BE SPAM !!
you are making so many threads to draw people's attention towards you.
Dont Do that mate!
enthus

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 04:44:44 AM

Definitely no. Such suggestions will never be enforced. I'll let someone else explain it to you (which probably won't help anyways).
I agree.
It will cause havoc, no doubt about this.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 09:08:51 AM

[ b]And when I say that, this is a proposal where the site has automatic scripting where the website just simply refuses to let you post a certain amount of times per day. [/b]
-snip-

Its already in palce. I can at most make one post per 4 seconds or 21,600 posts per day. A newbie account would need to wait 360 seconds between posts so a max of 240 posts per day.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Maddinson100

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 09:29:26 AM

Well, such limits arent needed.
GannickusX

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 11:27:53 AM

And what would that do? Spammers will still spam and it's not like they post 50 posts a day so the restriction would be meaningless. Spammers are already getting banned anyways so why would we enforce a limit? I haven't seen anyone posting more than 30 posts a day anyways so what would the limit be then, 15-20?
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 11:41:00 AM

Definitely not, it will be a stupid limitation (in a normal forum an user can post how much post he wants).
krunox123

Activity: 756

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 12:46:38 PM

A forum that has the rule where you are limited to only post {insert number here} posts per day is just ridiculous.
Because you cannot control how much post a user want to post in a day. The forum will "dead". By dead, I mean many user will start to migrate to other forum.
Because I've joined some forum with post limitation in the past, and all of them(the forum) are now nowhere to be seen.

Isn't this limitation will destroy the purpose of a forum?

Life sucks.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 01:45:00 PM

stupidest decision ever, it's just like limiting how much sex can you have while you are doing it
krunox123

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 03:07:18 PM

stupidest decision ever, it's just like limiting how much sex can you have while you are doing it
I had to agree with this. Kiss
OP, is there a reason why you want this to be implemented, other than to reduce the amount of spam?

Life sucks.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 07:09:05 PM

OP, is there a reason why you want this to be implemented, other than to reduce the amount of spam?
I never said that. Read my third post in this thread. I'll make it bold if you want.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 07:21:19 PM

I never said that. Read my third post in this thread. I'll make it bold if you want.

That is your third post in this thread.

Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 07:44:13 PM

I believe it's a negative decision as well, but I'd never actually recommend it. I'm just making the proposal to see what other people will say about it.

I'm happy that everyone is saying no.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 12:45:39 AM

This would not be good for a forum in my opinion. Aren't we a decentralized, free movement and then you put a post limitations to the main forum of this free and decentralized movement.

Plain dumb if you ask me!
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 01:27:03 AM

This would not be good for a forum in my opinion. Aren't we a decentralized, free movement and then you put a post limitations to the main forum of this free and decentralized movement.

Plain dumb if you ask me!
I do not condone this though.
krunox123

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 02:21:01 AM

I don't believe in having a post restriction. I am just posting this because some other members sort of implied they wanted that, so I wanted to have everyone see what they honestly believe when it comes to that proposal.

I want to post as much as I please, without feeling victimized for it. As long as what I post is related to the topic I post in, it should never be such a big deal. And as long as it is clear that I'm attempting to be constructive, again, it should be no big deal.

The off topic section should be deleted though. That's for sure. This way, we can keep the site boring, stuck up and professional
I believe no one want this post restriction to be implemented.
Why you want the off-topic section to be deleted. Why?

Life sucks.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 06:49:33 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2015, 11:30:36 PM by Fwdxlsh

I believe no one want this post restriction to be implemented.
Why you want the off-topic section to be deleted. Why?

I wanted to ask if any of you think the off topic forum should be deleted. Lauda said he doesn't appreciate people that post too much in the off topic forum, where a majority of their post statistics confirm they mostly post in the off-topic forum. Lauda said this is a site that is focused on Bitcoin. For the record, I personally do not recommend this, only because we need diversity here, and having the off-topic section will entice more people to join BitcoinTalk. Those diverse members will eventually learn about Bitcoin.

What do you think? Vote now.

Go to the thread to see that quote.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: