Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:57:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should there be a limit to how many times you can post a day?  (Read 2757 times)
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 08:41:54 PM

Please. Stop spamming the forum. I've seen your name enough times authoring so many shitposts to last me a lifetime.

There really shouldn't, because done people actually contribute to the forum, instead of spam it. I just guess we'll have to live with spammers.

Koff koff

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
tarsua

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:49:03 PM

no, your idea is stupid, what about small website owners who use bitcointalk as a communication hub?
Should they wait untill the day finishes to reply to queries if they have posted the limit already?
Fwdxlsh (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 10:41:04 PM

no, your idea is stupid, what about small website owners who use bitcointalk as a communication hub?
Should they wait untill the day finishes to reply to queries if they have posted the limit already?
Technically it is my idea, but I am not condoning it.

Also, you didn't have to use the term "stupid". English is not my first language, but I do believe that is a rude word to use.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 10:42:22 PM

Please. Stop spamming the forum. I've seen your name enough times authoring so many shitposts to last me a lifetime.

There really shouldn't, because done people actually contribute to the forum, instead of spam it. I just guess we'll have to live with spammers.

Koff koff
I guess spam means "posting a lot" to you. With that being said, maybe a post restriction is your best bet.

Either way, I am placing you on ignore for the rudeness.
GannickusX

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:08:02 PM

Koff koff
I guess spam means "posting a lot" to you. With that being said, maybe a post restriction is your best bet.

Well generally when you talk about spam here means someone who posts a lot of non constructive posts. What tarsua said it's a pretty valid point too. Site owners will often post a lot in the same thread to communicate with their users.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 03:03:33 AM

Koff koff

Well generally when you talk about spam here means someone who posts a lot of non constructive posts. What tarsua said it's a pretty valid point too. Site owners will often post a lot in the same thread to communicate with their users.

If I do recall correctly, the meaning of constructive from the English language is doing actions that can help people. In this case I am creating a way to possibly stop people who post a lot. In the OP, I quoted somebody that didn't appreciate somebody posting a lot. So, I came up with the idea of a post restriction.

I would say that is me being constructive. Unfortunately, your idea of constructive and my idea of it would be different. That doesn't mean that I deserve to be insulted. Insulting people would be trolling them, which I do not condone. If you don't appreciate my posts, it doesn't make sense to continue reading them, which means they only click on them to upset me. With that being said, I have placed those people on ignore.

The board is not your parent.  Should it stop after X post... no as some are very active and do have useful posts.   It has things to prevent just pure spam such as posting limits with time in between.  This is something good as chances are after a few you are reported and deleted.

Do I wish the board would stop you from posting in huge bold font?  Yes I do... but they leave it open in case there is a good use of it.  FYI your using to big of font, and bold on post's that don't need it.
lama-hunter

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 03:51:59 AM

No  Wink Because there should always be an Job for an Admin i guess  Grin Anyways maybe there should be an Block Modus for Users they are simply posting to much.
I mean about 500 posts a Day cannot be normal but io dont know what other people are doing Cheesy

regards
lama-hunter
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 03:57:32 AM

It depends on the limit but I don't like the idea. Honest users like me sometime post a lot in one day because there's a great thread with plenty of replies back and forth. Or we may simply have more free time.

However I can see how a high limit can be introduced, above 50-75 posts for example, not sure if that will actually help but you know. Like others have said, it's a job for moderators, spammers will spam no matter what...
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:36:58 AM

Koff koff

If I do recall correctly, the meaning of constructive from the English language is doing actions that can help people. In this case I am creating a way to possibly stop people who post a lot. In the OP, I quoted somebody that didn't appreciate somebody posting a lot. So, I came up with the idea of a post restriction.

I would say that is me being constructive. Unfortunately, your idea of constructive and my idea of it would be different. That doesn't mean that I deserve to be insulted. Insulting people would be trolling them, which I do not condone. If you don't appreciate my posts, it doesn't make sense to continue reading them, which means they only click on them to upset me. With that being said, I have placed those people on ignore.

The board is not your parent.  Should it stop after X post... no as some are very active and do have useful posts.   It has things to prevent just pure spam such as posting limits with time in between.  This is something good as chances are after a few you are reported and deleted.

Do I wish the board would stop you from posting in huge bold font?  Yes I do... but they leave it open in case there is a good use of it.  FYI your using to big of font, and bold on post's that don't need it.
If you do not appreciate the way I type sometimes, it is just best to leave me be. If it was so wrong to use, they wouldn't give us the option.

My past posts that are like this have never been deleted. Until they are all deleted, I can assume posting in bold text is against the rules. But that wouldn't make sense when there is no rule book here. It is not even in the unofficial rules at BitcoinTalk. Don't worry though; I only do this when it seems as though people are not seeing my perfectly fine explanations. Not to say that this will help them understand them, but it'll definitely help them see them.

The posting in massive bold font is not really a good thing.  They cannot have a rule as some posts use it to their advantages like sections or titles, etc.  But just to type a massive post in big font so it sticks out is not the right reason.

Just that past are still there is not a good thing to prove it's ok.  Likely it means just no one reported them.  I would be suprised if you get to keep on posting with huge font.  But I guess I don't write the rules so I could be wrong.

Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 11:29:14 PM

Koff koff

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 02:13:29 AM

Koff koff

I think a lot of ideas of good posts and yours are different.  How many posts have you done in huge font mods have went through and fixed?  One could argue that is wasting mods time. 

Number of posts is such a individual thing.  I'm normally on it all day some are on 10 minutes a day.  You can not really say X number of posts is max good posts.   As some have good posts, and others are utter crap.

You should still be seeing it but the timer is one of the best things to stop crap posts.  It makes it where you have to wait to post on lower accounts.  This makes perfect sense and stops someone from being able to spam in every forum.  Normally it's caught in just a few.
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 02:18:18 AM

I can see where this is coming from. It's to stop spamming. It's not going to work, people can buy accounts and they have double post quota.
GannickusX

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 04:38:58 PM

I can see where this is coming from. It's to stop spamming. It's not going to work, people can buy accounts and they have double post quota.

The idea is stupid, it's not going to stop spamming, say the limit is 30 posts, not many people do 30 posts per day. Someone who spams everyday will still spam, he wont even notice the limit because he does not post more than 30 posts a day. The only way to stop spam is to have a few mods or people searching for spammers everyday, ban sig campaigns like yobit or give them a warning to do something about their spammers.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 07:29:50 PM

There are already post time restrictions for newbies and mostly only newbies spam the forum while others who spam get reported and then banned. By restricting them to post few times a day is meaningless. Until and unless they are posting meaningfull posts, they don't need to be restricted (There are senior members managing campaigns and other sites here and they would need to make many posts a day. It would be unfair to them if they have any restriction on posting).

Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 09:27:28 PM

There are already post time restrictions for newbies and mostly only newbies spam the forum while others who spam get reported and then banned. By restricting them to post few times a day is meaningless. Until and unless they are posting meaningfull posts, they don't need to be restricted (There are senior members managing campaigns and other sites here and they would need to make many posts a day. It would be unfair to them if they have any restriction on posting).
Lauda said he wants people to stop posting so much if it has no relevance to Bitcoin. He also said that posting in off-topic is bad, and implied that anyone posting a lot in off-topic should be banned.

I was just trying to help with some kind of idea, but I understand where you're coming from.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 10:23:08 PM

Lauda said he wants people to stop posting so much if it has no relevance to Bitcoin.
Which is true, especially so if the user has a paid signature. If all of your contributions to the forum is just spamming in Off Topic you shouldn't be here.

He also said that posting in off-topic is bad, and implied that anyone posting a lot in off-topic should be banned.
This is dependent. Accounts such as Gleb's and Phinnaeus's have a large amount of posts in Off Topic, but they have provided enough elsewhere to the forums to warrant it. Users that do nothing but spam in Off Topic shouldn't be here.

I was just trying to help with some kind of idea, but I understand where you're coming from.
It's not too great of an idea, similar to a lot of your others. It isn't about how much you post per day, it's about the quality of the posts made.
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:39:11 PM

Lauda said he wants people to stop posting so much if it has no relevance to Bitcoin.
Which is true, especially so if the user has a paid signature. If all of your contributions to the forum is just spamming in Off Topic you shouldn't be here.

He also said that posting in off-topic is bad, and implied that anyone posting a lot in off-topic should be banned.
This is dependent. Accounts such as Gleb's and Phinnaeus's have a large amount of posts in Off Topic, but they have provided enough elsewhere to the forums to warrant it. Users that do nothing but spam in Off Topic shouldn't be here.

It's not too great of an idea, similar to a lot of your others. It isn't about how much you post per day, it's about the quality of the posts made.
I'm glad you feel this way. That is why a special lady is now unbanned.  Grin

If you don't like her, my recommendation is to put her on ignore. Just like how I put Gleb on ignore.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:42:00 PM

Definitely NOT!
The moderators, administrators and staff are the users that post the most, and they need to post this amount to keep on top of their work!
So a ban would stop the forum from functioning properly.

Also: people would migrate to sites like Reddit and other forums.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:44:15 PM

Lauda said he wants people to stop posting so much if it has no relevance to Bitcoin. He also said that posting in off-topic is bad, and implied that anyone posting a lot in off-topic should be banned.

This doesn't actually relate to Bitcoin! Does it? So if you are tired of people posting about topics not relevant to Bitcoin, don't post ones yourself that don't relate to Bitcoin!
Fwdxlsh (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:50:41 PM

This doesn't actually relate to Bitcoin! Does it? So if you are tired of people posting about topics not relevant to Bitcoin, don't post ones yourself that don't relate to Bitcoin!
You posted in this thread, and your post wasn't related to Bitcoin.

I don't mind posting like this. Lauda minds though, so I'm speaking for Lauda.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: