Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:05:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoins safe?  (Read 90051 times)
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:53:54 AM

Safe as an investment? Not really.
Safe as in cant be stolen? Depends on how secure your computer is, and what kind of storage you use for your Bitcoins.

Safe as an investment = You are the one who can make it as a safe investment.

Safe in hack or steal = You are the one who can make it safe and secure

Generally, in all aspects, you itself will transform those risk into a safe one but not totally as a whole safe.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 11:00:56 AM

If you are talking about safe as in security terms, then i will say bitcoin wallet is not really a safe place to store your money, but if you talking safe in investment, bitcoin still has so many potential to develop in the future, so yes, for me bitcoin still a safe investment

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
martinacar

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:50:01 PM

If you are talking about safe as in security terms, then i will say bitcoin wallet is not really a safe place to store your money, but if you talking safe in investment, bitcoin still has so many potential to develop in the future, so yes, for me bitcoin still a safe investment
Yeah I think Bitcoin is very safe and secure. Many people around the world use Bitcoin so i think it is really safe.
If it is not safe than nobody will use it. And it is used international. The online wallets are very secure too I think.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:06:09 PM

Yeah I think Bitcoin is very safe and secure. Many people around the world use Bitcoin so i think it is really safe.
If it is not safe than nobody will use it. And it is used international. The online wallets are very secure too I think.

What is the connection of bitcoin being secured if there's a people around the world using it?

People globally use bitcoin but not because it's safe but for some other reason.
freakying99

Activity: 429

Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:39:03 PM

What is the connection of bitcoin being secured if there's a people around the world using it?
It is safe in today's world,the bitcoin hashes cannot be cracked and might not be possible for some more thousand's of years otherwise we wouldn't have been using it with this ease.
Icathia

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:03:51 PM

Safe as in cant be stolen? Depends on how secure your computer is, and what kind of storage you use for your Bitcoins.

Generally, in all aspects, you itself will transform those risk into a safe one but not totally as a whole safe.
Yes but I think Bitcoin is safe and very secure.
Many people use it and it is international so it should be good and very safe.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:41:17 PM

Of course its safe, its even the safest payment method I know, plus you can control it self its not like a bank.
Its also untraceable and that is another part that is really nice about it, I think the bitcoin is safe for everyone in the world.
Skaven

Activity: 260

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:52:26 PM

Of course its safe, its even the safest payment method I know, plus you can control it self its not like a bank.
Its also untraceable and that is another part that is really nice about it, I think the bitcoin is safe for everyone in the world.
I also think that Bitcoin is really safe. It is a international currency so it must be safe.
Many people use Bitcoin so it will be ofcourse safe. And that is good.
AlexBits

Activity: 239

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:07:51 PM

Nobody can freeze your bitcoins so yes its safe. Like your wallet.

That is true.. no one could freeze your bitcoin like banks do...that's what freedom means.. so it is really safe..  Smiley
I think Bitcoin is very safe. May people use it so it must be very safe.
I think the online wallets are not so safe. I heard from some people they are hacked.
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:09:22 PM

I also think that Bitcoin is really safe. It is a international currency so it must be safe.
Many people use Bitcoin so it will be ofcourse safe. And that is good.
yes it would be safe if bitcoin only saved on wallet, but if it is used to invest in bitcoin, certainly not safe.
pocarime32

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:16:03 PM

Yes, i think bitcoins is really safe. As you can see many people here don't have problem with their bitcoins. So bitcoins are safe and you also have wallet that stored your bitcoins.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:45:28 PM

My perspective is that you shouldn't put all of your assets in Bitcoin.  For one thing, we don't know for sure if it will gain value.  Secondly, there's always a chance that any bitcoins you have on an exchange or digital wallet will get hacked and there's ca change that you can lose private keys for paper wallets.  So it's not completely safe.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:10:49 PM

I think it is. Many people use it very much. I hope more people will use it in the future and some companies too.
The online wallets are very secure too. And that is very good. I hope the value will rise later in the future.
Laosai

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:20:37 PM

My perspective is that you shouldn't put all of your assets in Bitcoin.  For one thing, we don't know for sure if it will gain value.  Secondly, there's always a chance that any bitcoins you have on an exchange or digital wallet will get hacked and there's ca change that you can lose private keys for paper wallets.  So it's not completely safe.

Well we're pretty sure it'll gin value but it might get destroyed. A government might build enough miners to control it, a security failure might be found etc...

freakying99

Activity: 429

Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 05:42:41 AM

A government might build enough miners to control it, a security failure might be found etc...
There is no need for them to do all that as we now have multiple types of bitcoin within 6 years of its release.It might collapse or it might not but wont get to the mainstream and anything else will not be hurting them.
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:48:38 AM

you can see users this forum. almost 600k people are here, and many people who are not registered. they all use bitcoin. This proves that bitcoin is very safe
buddycool

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 07:07:45 AM

Yes btc is safe as long as you keep your btc wallet safe with a strong password... Use an offline wallet to avoid hacks...

CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:57:40 AM

That is safe. Ofcourse it is really safe. Many people use it from other countries and some companies use it too.
I hope later that it will be more worth. And the online wallets are very secure too. But I think there is a minimum chance to be hacked.
Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:58:14 AM

Bitcoin is one of the safest methods their is available this moment.
You only need multiple wallets and a good secured wallet with 3 way auth so you won't get hacked.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:04:58 AM

Is it safe to keep all of my assets in Bitcoins? And how Department for Combating Economic Crimes, can affect my account?  What permissions they need , to freeze all my money ?

Of course bitcoins is the safest it's anonymous but it is not totally anonymous because your transactions are saved forever in network anyone can see your bitcoin balance and transactions of any bitcoin address. but bitcoins are the safest. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: