Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:59:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoins safe?  (Read 90051 times)
betohell

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 10:05:48 AM

It would actually depend on how you set up your account. If your password is the same as your password on other website and one of those other websites gets their passwords leaked, then your account will probably be in danger. Otherwise, everything should be fine. This is basically the same as fiat. If you just leave your fiat in the streets, then it would surely be stolen. But if you make sure that it's safe and secure, then you should face no problem at all.
yeah i think bitcoin security will depend on how you secure your account and your wallet itself, is it you're using a lot of security for your wallet or not. Thats the important thing

saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 10:36:58 AM

It would actually depend on how you set up your account. If your password is the same as your password on other website and one of those other websites gets their passwords leaked, then your account will probably be in danger. Otherwise, everything should be fine. This is basically the same as fiat. If you just leave your fiat in the streets, then it would surely be stolen. But if you make sure that it's safe and secure, then you should face no problem at all.
yeah i think bitcoin security will depend on how you secure your account and your wallet itself, is it you're using a lot of security for your wallet or not. Thats the important thing

Well for me you can't do something when a hacker penetrates to your bitcoin wallet provider so for me the security of bitcoin network is safe.

But the chance of getting penetrated of hackers are going to depend to the bitcoin wallet providers on how their system and security was secured.

Their own website and system needs to improve not bitcoin itself.

Vires in Numeris
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 914

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 11:48:44 AM

Is it safe to keep all of my assets in Bitcoins? And how Department for Combating Economic Crimes, can affect my account?  What permissions they need , to freeze all my money ?

Department of combating economic crimes?Really?

Why are you asking this?Are you a scammer or something?

"What permissions they need"?They don`t need any permissions freeze or block accounts loaded with stolen

funds or money earned from illegal activity.

goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 12:25:24 PM

Is it safe to keep all of my assets in Bitcoins? And how Department for Combating Economic Crimes, can affect my account?  What permissions they need , to freeze all my money ?

Department of combating economic crimes?Really?

Why are you asking this?Are you a scammer or something?

"What permissions they need"?They don`t need any permissions freeze or block accounts loaded with stolen

funds or money earned from illegal activity.
There is not freezing of accounts that is going to happen here because in the first place bitcoin is not recognize by the state as a legal tender, so whatever you do with your bitcoin it cannot be trace we are transaction in the blockchain where it is decentralized and no one can control it.
Hoor

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 02:04:24 PM

to me bitcoin is really safe and that is the reason that i am investing a lot of my assets in bitcoin, we can also see that more and more people are entering in the world of bitcoin and they are also investing their money here in bitcoin that is making bitcoin more stronger and reliable.
elDano

Activity: 256

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 02:49:32 PM

to me bitcoin is really safe and that is the reason that i am investing a lot of my assets in bitcoin, we can also see that more and more people are entering in the world of bitcoin and they are also investing their money here in bitcoin that is making bitcoin more stronger and reliable.

The bitcoin is pretty safe to use and its also a good investment these days, its maybe a sort of risky but for sure worth the gamble!
I think that the bitcoin is very safe and that this will also stay like this.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 02:54:49 PM

There is not freezing of accounts that is going to happen here because in the first place bitcoin is not recognize by the state as a legal tender, so whatever you do with your bitcoin it cannot be trace we are transaction in the blockchain where it is decentralized and no one can control it.

Freeze accounts can happen if people are using exchange site in storing their coins.

If by any means they are using offline wallet or hardware then that you called it somehow "safe".
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 05:57:41 PM

Freeze accounts can happen if people are using exchange site in storing their coins.

If by any means they are using offline wallet or hardware then that you called it somehow "safe".

Account freezing will only take place if you are doing something suspicious on a reputed exchange, or if the exchange ain't a good one, then there is a possible threat to your coins if you are trading on an exchange just seeing higher prices on it... Storing them on any exchange is not recommended because not only freezing is a possibility, but there might also be a hack and that would be the worst scenario from which even recovery ain't possible...

BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 06:27:12 PM

I think Bitcoin is safe enough. Perhaps safer then fiat money in banks unless you keep you coins in cloud wallet or exchangers who could be easily hacked. It is also rather safe as investment despite the volatility of price.

malaj
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 06:31:12 PM

Bitcoin it self has a big security level that the hash from the miners does give to it, sure each person should use and store their bitcoins where they feel safe, but if we do loose bitcoins online from wallets its because we didnt see the signals to jump out, exchanges are risky, the last hacker showed it, but not all exchanges has security problems.
Wandering Soul~

Activity: 406

Wolf

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 09:08:16 PM

As of now, We can say that bitcoin is safe but keeping all your assets in bitcoin is not a great idea. I understand that investing in bitcoin has a lot of potencial for your money to increase but what the safe thing about bitcoin is not absolute, If something bad happens what will you do?

We should always have a plan b, In case Plan A don't work Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
NewInCryptoCurrency

Activity: 326

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 09:33:58 PM

The bitcoin is safe but it stays a investment so keep that in mind when you are investing into it, with other things like safety its safe without any doubt so long you do not store your large amounts into online wallets.
bitcoinhopper

Activity: 336

Bravity is beautiful.

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 10:16:51 PM

The bitcoin is safe but it stays a investment so keep that in mind when you are investing into it, with other things like safety its safe without any doubt so long you do not store your large amounts into online wallets.

I cannot agree more about that fact, I think that the bitcoin has a great future and that it will also be more safe within years.
Its already very safe but there will be more methods in the upcoming years to store your bitcoin without any doubts.

BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 10:47:31 PM

Yes, I agree that you shouldn't let your BTC be kept by other people.  Let yourself keep them.  So whenever you have a finish transaction with an exchange or website, better to withdraw all your coins to your own wallet for safety measure.  With this, you don't have to worry about sudden closing of exchanges because of bankruptcy.
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 11:12:10 PM

well as far as 'freezing' your funds no government can take stop you from moving your BTC.  there is no central 'bank' that can make address 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp suddenly not work.  Now if they find the computer that has that address and my wallet password they can move BTC out. But you can make a paper wallet that has private key and hide that. unless they find that the BTC is safe.

But as several others have said here the value of that BTC can change a lot.  you may buy 925BTC today and 5 years from now you will still have 925 BTC but whether you can sell it 600, 6 000, or 6 000 000 no one knows. you can say the same about a kilo of gold but can be more sure it will be closer to the same amount that you started with.

Ross Ulbricht when arrested gave up some keys but he could still have a hidden paper wallet somewhere.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
Shady

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Life is a game, you either play it or get played.

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 11:14:32 PM

Bitcoin prices are becoming more stable after the standardization of startups becoming successful.

Now where you keep the Bitcoin is the main figure, knowing where the security is with wallet providers will lead to protected asset confidence + potential new features such as debit cards or upcoming enhancements.

In no way has Bitcoin ever been dangerous, it's only upon select service providers that get hacked due to low security or leaks in data.

BearNecessities

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 11:49:53 PM

Definitely bitcoin is better than depositing your money in the bank, in which in my country they give you about 1% profit annually so if you put 100.000 Euro , you get 1.000 Euro per one year, pretty pathetic don't you think considering I am in a European country. Different with bitcoin , many people think bitcoin is still new and has big potential to raise even more after a few years, so yes bitcoin is pretty safe as an investment and store value of your money. After a few years I am even sure you will see your money growing cause the price of it should be up by then.
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 12:32:39 AM

In my point of view, Bitcoin is safe as long you put your
btc in a private wallet. It is secure but its good to not put
all your money in one online wallet. Thus, all are risks,
abd dont put your eggs in one basket.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 01:48:30 AM

Well, in terms of security bitcoin is really safe as we have the choice to save our coins online or offline but for market as a whole there is no assurance so that makes it unsafe, for me I would not mind even if that is the reality as long as I only invest what I can afford to lose because the future is worth risk taking for.
Chennai

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 01:47:15 PM

Well, in terms of security bitcoin is really safe as we have the choice to save our coins online or offline but for market as a whole there is no assurance so that makes it unsafe, for me I would not mind even if that is the reality as long as I only invest what I can afford to lose because the future is worth risk taking for.
Yes it is safe and well secured. But though the system is well secured, it all depends on the users who should set up their wallets secured following the instruction given to amend their settings. The more security is created, the more hackers are created on the other hand as well. Hence, secure your system first before keeping your bitcoins into it. This would avoid unnecessary entry of hackers.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: