Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:31:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To make the site look more professional, should we stop discussing other users publicly, and limit the discussion to just their trust rank page?
No - 7 (50%)
Yes - 7 (50%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Losing hope here....  (Read 4557 times)
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 12:00:35 PM

This is a forum afterall and people can talk about other people even if it's to prove they are scammers, spammers or they contradict themselves but if you feel someone is actually not doing that but instead just being annoying and trolling you can report it to the moderators, trolling is not allowed here so go ahead and report him.
He's not trolling.

He's just being controversial.

So, what's the big deal then? We should ban freedom of speech? Who are you Hitler?
TheGr33k (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:44:47 AM

This is a forum afterall and people can talk about other people even if it's to prove they are scammers, spammers or they contradict themselves but if you feel someone is actually not doing that but instead just being annoying and trolling you can report it to the moderators, trolling is not allowed here so go ahead and report him.
He's not trolling.

So, what's the big deal then? We should ban freedom of speech? Who are you Hitler?
No. I just want to keep the discussion of other users on their trust rank page. We don't need to start campaigning against other users.

Respectfully, I can decide for myself if I want to associate myself with another person.

Talking about others will just create unprofessional drama such as people feeling offended or people getting into fights. I just can't take it anymore. And then people want to question why sites like this are the laughing stock of the entire internet. Bitcoin doesn't have that many chances of survival, so we're going to have to come together as a family and work hard to fight for our currency and our overall reputation. We can't do that if we're diligently trying to tear each other's reputations down inside of Bitcoin.

I don't understand. Just come together instead of fighting each other.
Fwdxlsh

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 11:23:24 PM

I have decided a quote that I made in this thread was more respectable in terms of getting my point across. 

Yes. Definitely more respectable. You were coming off very arrogant.
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 01:39:51 AM

I have decided a quote that I made in this thread was more respectable in terms of getting my point across. 

As if I don't always come off somewhat arrogant the first time.

Roll Eyes

jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 01:44:58 AM

Yes I agree. The Scam Accusations forum is filled with dramas everyday if not every hour. The (still small) community of Bitcoin should come together and build a better and greater Bitcoin community. We should help each other out such as mining advice and buying advice but we should not go against each other. This may look like censorship (to others not using Bitcoin) but we are doing it to help the Bitcoin community.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 01:59:07 AM

Yes I agree. The Scam Accusations forum is filled with dramas everyday if not every hour. The (still small) community of Bitcoin should come together and build a better and greater Bitcoin community. We should help each other out such as mining advice and buying advice but we should not go against each other. This may look like censorship (to others not using Bitcoin) but we are doing it to help the Bitcoin community.

Every time I get a post like this, I'm gonna put the quote front and center in my second post. Hopefully we can get this new rule appealed.
Fwdxlsh

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:16:51 PM

I am here to talk about people constantly talking about OTHER PEOPLE on the site.

If ya can't beat em join em eh?
Just teasing, I completely agree with you.
From my perspective this Fwdxlsh dude is doing nothing much more than running around spouting off heresy against the idealism of crypto that my views are much aligned with..
I can tell Fwdxlsh is a good guy. I'm not trying to make this a hate thread. I'm using him as an example of why talking about OTHER PEOPLE on this site really needs to stop.
He's a troll, a religious right wing nutjob sockpuppet account of someone, I don't know who.   Probably could buy a stack of bibles from him for buttsexcoin.  Don't be fooled.  This is the internet,  where nothing is as it seems.
You know, I didn't fully read this until now

That genuinely hurt my feelings, but that is okay. God is good. God is able. He told me to just be a good person and tell you that I still care for you. Anything that you need, I am here for you.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:44:20 AM

Why would you want it gone? The forum needs that option. If we don't discuss other users, how will we be able to know if they are worth our time?  
WHY?! I'll show you why.

Here you are talking about Lauda in a thread where you prove their contradictions on codishmumu's ban:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1263542.0

Here you are making a poll about Lauda:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1268829.0

And here you are making a post in another thread about Lauda but had nothing to do with Lauda?!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg13089962#msg13089962

NO.
ONE.
CARES.

AHAHA !

I scrolled and scrolled and wondered when we would get to it.... codishmumu
Your banned girl-friend who you keep sneeking around posting shit here for.
Like a mole you keep poking up with some new topic to sell her hand made clothes etc.
One topic is not enough.. you seem hell bent on using this place to sell stuff the banned chick makes.

She is nuts by the way.. i already knew that but when i seen her I WANT A MAN I'M HORNY topic i was stunned.
She went on about how she wants to be sexually violated and defiled and tied up and choked etc.
then she went on about her perverted interests and how she is suicidal.

I would bet 1 gazillion dollars her user name here is a reference to her kids name.. Codi
as in Codi's shmumu (mother)
I also guarantee this greek boy ex self proclaimed Toronto street graffitia artist turned Card'er is sleeping with her every night.

I spent some time digging through this guys post history and it screams credit card fraud.

He also started a campaign against me not long ago harassing me that he knew people were out to get me.
I asked to him to stop and kept following me around derailing my topics with "Threats" nonsense.
Then after i told him publicly just call the cops he sent me 3 pm's ..
THAT is why i started looking up his post history.. and seeing a lot of links to his banned GF.

EDIT:
By the way in case it was not clear.. i had not talked to or about this guy or the girl BEFORE he started with the threats stuff.
Once he started with his good samaritan act trying to be hero warning me so desperately i THEN started looking him up..

FUD first & ask questions later™
Fwdxlsh

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:57:42 AM

I am glad that you will feel the need to agree. At first I actually thought it was a bad idea. Now I am noticing it is a good idea.
Fwdxlsh

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 02:00:02 AM

As if I don't always come off somewhat arrogant the first time.

Roll Eyes

Well then that's something that will have to be worked on....

I'm just telling you.
XinXan

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:12:33 PM

He's not trolling.

No. I just want to keep the discussion of other users on their trust rank page. We don't need to start campaigning against other users.

Respectfully, I can decide for myself if I want to associate myself with another person.

Talking about others will just create unprofessional drama such as people feeling offended or people getting into fights. I just can't take it anymore. And then people want to question why sites like this are the laughing stock of the entire internet. Bitcoin doesn't have that many chances of survival, so we're going to have to come together as a family and work hard to fight for our currency and our overall reputation. We can't do that if we're diligently trying to tear each other's reputations down inside of Bitcoin.

So if you are not against freedom of speech you can lock this thread. Your other points are all invalid at this point. People talk shit about other people everywhere and most of the times it's for a reason here in the forum. I don't see anything bad in exposing scammers or spammers, do you?
Fwdxlsh

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:39:38 PM

He's not trolling.

So if you are not against freedom of speech you can lock this thread.

So if OP is not against freedom of speech....that means OP will lock the thread so that he...can keep people from speaking their mind.....?

Lauda, is that you?
XinXan

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:52:00 PM

He's not trolling.

So if you are not against freedom of speech you can lock this thread.

So if OP is not against freedom of speech....that means OP will lock the thread so that he...can keep people from speaking their mind.....?

Lauda, is that you?

''should we stop discussing other users publicly, and limit the discussion to just their trust rank page?'' Now he says he is not against freedom of speech, he should lock the thread otherwise he is contradicting himself. By the way, trolling, like you do is baneable in this forum, be careful.

Fwdxlsh

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:05:03 AM

''should we stop discussing other users publicly, and limit the discussion to just their trust rank page?'' Now he says he is not against freedom of speech, he should lock the thread otherwise he is contradicting himself. By the way, trolling, like you do is baneable in this forum, be careful.

The definition of trolling is posting deliberately rude comments on the internet to provoke angry reactions. I've never done that. I would understand if I said "YOU ARE STUPID, ANNOYING, AND YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING" being considered as trolling.

Me calmy pointing out opinions and facts is not. You on the other hand happen to be too sensitive, which means you at some point will be banned for falsely reporting comments.

The ignore feature is there for a reason. I suggest you use it.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 12:12:08 AM

The trust system is set up so that everyone cooperates with those in control of it and fights with every one else for status within it. As long as we have the trust system with default trust there will be 24/7 infighting until this forum is just 4chan with an extensive research library.
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:33:02 AM

The trust system is set up so that everyone cooperates with those in control of it and fights with every one else for status within it. As long as we have the trust system with default trust there will be 24/7 infighting until this forum is just 4chan with an extensive research library.
....lol.

Such an educated post with a hint of humor. The trust option is fine by me.
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:26:39 PM

The definition of trolling is posting deliberately rude comments on the internet to provoke angry reactions. I've never done that. I would understand if I said "YOU ARE STUPID, ANNOYING, AND YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING" being considered as trolling.

Me calmy pointing out opinions and facts is not. You on the other hand happen to be too sensitive, which means you at some point will be banned for falsely reporting comments.

Haha nice comeback.

To answer Xin though, I am not against freedom of speech. I am against drama....

If I was against freedom of speech, I would have just told them to remove the trust system all together.
ABitNut

Activity: 764

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 12:41:58 AM

Let's get our definitions right, shall we? [1]

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/trolling

Digital Technology. Informal.
to post inflammatory or inappropriate messages or comments on (the Internet, especially a message board) for the purpose of upsetting other users and provoking a response.
to upset or provoke (other users) by posting such messages or comments.

No need to be rude to troll.

On the topic, the trust page is not suitable for any form of discussion. Questionable behaviour can not be argued on it. A reputation thread allows for this. The trust page can not replace reputation threads. Hence, I am against your proposal. Please add my quote to the OP in the against section.  Tongue

[1]Are you provoked yet?
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:15:05 AM

Let's get our definitions right, shall we? [1]

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/trolling

Digital Technology. Informal.
to post inflammatory or inappropriate messages or comments on (the Internet, especially a message board) for the purpose of upsetting other users and provoking a response.
to upset or provoke (other users) by posting such messages or comments.

No need to be rude to troll.

On the topic, the trust page is not suitable for any form of discussion. Questionable behaviour can not be argued on it. A reputation thread allows for this. The trust page can not replace reputation threads. Hence, I am against your proposal. Please add my quote to the OP in the against section.  Tongue

[1]Are you provoked yet?
Might as well call anyone you don't like a troll because if they say something to you that you don't like, yeah, they're a troll to you.
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:48:17 AM

I am glad that you will feel the need to agree. At first I actually thought it was a bad idea. Now I am noticing it is a good idea.
I am pretty sure you still talk about people anyway, which I told you not to do because you don't have much trust here. Only specific people can get away with doing that. There is no rule book here, so it's about posting things that are going to make you liked. If you're not liked, you cannot do certain things.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: