Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:22:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Charity Raffle: Let's Give The Poor a Working Chance!  (Read 5325 times)
Merrick

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 12:58:56 AM

Just paid 4 BTC to 15ruUNKaqZrDm6v8tzgGgs41bwKRLxMJJi

Good luck Wink

Thank you for your participation. Luceo is usually pretty quick about getting tickets added. I've participated in a previous raffle of his and it was handled well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luceo (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 12:22:51 PM

Just paid 4 BTC to 15ruUNKaqZrDm6v8tzgGgs41bwKRLxMJJi

Good luck Wink

That address is the direct donations address, so I'm assuming you weren't looking for tickets. :S

I always do one address per entrant because there's no other (easy) way to know who's sent BTC.

If you are after some tickets, please can you send 5 BTC to yourself at the input address and I'll get tenakha to sort out that BTC moving to the prize fund wallet.

AniceInovation
Donator

Activity: 446
Merit: 262

Interesting.

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 01:02:31 PM

No need tickets, Happy thanksgiving
Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 08:33:58 PM

Anyone else?

Merrick

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 12:20:06 AM

Anyone else?

That list is looking pretty slim. I hope some people join in. This is a good raffle.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 02:24:46 AM

Opportunity International discriminates against men when giving loans. I don't think this is a good charity choice.
Merrick

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 03:26:45 AM

Opportunity International discriminates against men when giving loans. I don't think this is a good charity choice.

Really? I hadn't heard that. Where did you discover this info?
Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 03:55:20 PM

Opportunity loans to men and women, but uses criteria such as 'living on less than $2 a day' (70% of people in this circumstance are women), 'likelihood of repayment' and 'has custody of children' to prioritize loans.

"Numerous studies, as well as Opportunity’s experience working with women clients, support the prevailing view that women and girls create more developmental change for each dollar invested in them. Opportunity’s innovative microfinance programs and unique banking model have helped millions of women create or grow small businesses. While microfinance is available to both men and women entrepreneurs equally, the gains that women achieve are three times more likely to be invested in their children – providing a powerful generational multiplier that accelerates economic growth."

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 01:03:09 AM

I don't like the loan idea. The fund should be given freely and let the ones that benefit decide how and when to pay it forward.

Do you really want to have the poorest of the poor feeling like they owe you/someone ?

pEACe

Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
January 04, 2013, 02:24:35 AM

If you give away $1000, you help one person.

If you loan $1000, and get back $960 (average payback rate 96%), you can help tens of people.

Microloans are proven in the third world and these are loaned specifically to help people start and grow businesses & employ neighbors, that's why there are other charities doing what Opportunity International is doing.

QuantumQrack

Activity: 337

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 05:23:50 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2013, 03:41:46 PM by QuantumQrack

What is the status of this raffle?  Christmas has come and gone.  Nobody is purchasing any tickets.
Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 02:26:31 AM

Still going, waiting for more buyers.

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 09:51:17 PM

Let me fix that "Let's Give The Poor a Working Chance!" slogan for you

How about "Let's Give The Poor a Chance to work and earn a decent income" (or learn a new trade)

You can throw truck loads of money at those poor people but greedy governments and corporations will take it all away faster you can waste another pile of coin on pointless "make ME feel good" happenings.

If you really want to do some good, take this pile of money and go to those people directly (pay your own expenses!) and actually teach them a new and useful trade or something.
 So, before you fuck up some "poor" guys life with american jeans and shiny plastic shit form absurdly rich and greedy megacorporation, think who relly needs saving.  Wink

Helping some poor guy to become a slave to a fkn loan, is actually a really ugly thing to do.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 12:52:49 AM

+1 ---^^

Grin

Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 09:33:51 PM

Bump.

QuantumQrack

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 11:10:35 PM

Scam.  No raffle took place, cannot get any btc back.  Another sad tale of a bitcoin community member not doing the right thing and screwing over other community members.
Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 11:36:41 PM

Nowhere in the original topic is there a clause which even allows for refunds. It says that when the tickets are sold, the draw will occur.

You've seen Bitcoin shoot up in price, realized you have 2 BTC locked in here (yes, seriously, 2 BTC) and decided you'll ask for an 'immediate' refund. I've offered you, as a gesture of goodwill, a refund when I next get coins out of cold storage in 40-60 days.

Of course there hasn't been a draw because all of the tickets haven't sold, if you're incapable of reading then that isn't my problem. If you'd like a refund, let me know and I'll sort it within 60 days.

Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 01:59:47 AM

From PM, since I have a nasty feeling you're going to try to make this a long drawn out process over $60:

I expect you to do the right thing in absence of any service rendered.

No, you happened to regain an interest in these 2 BTC right as Bitcoin hit $30. I didn't at any time promise you'd have access to a refund, or that I'd hold Bitcoin in full reserve, the only thing I promised is that when all the tickets sell, I will pay out. Which I will.

You didn't provide any service, you just took people's bitcoins in that raffle which never happened.  I am going to conclude that you are simply running a scam.

So your hypothesis is that I've paid out over $2,500 in prior raffle prizes, set up countless dedicated servers etc. just to scam you out of sixty bucks. Real classy, guy.

You can either refund my people's bitcoins, or determine a winner from the raffle participants.  Your choice.

Actually that's not my choice. If I determined a winner from all entrants without selling all the tickets, I would be in violation of what I said I would do in the original post. Then, I would be a scammer. If 100% of current entrants wish me to run a 12 BTC raffle with 6 BTC going to the winners in proportion and 6 BTC going to charity, I will do so, but any less than 100% and I'm not going to change the terms as that would be unfair on the other entrants.

If you don't want to do the right thing, then shame on you.  You are no different than all scammers involved in bitcoin unfortunately.  Same mentality.

1). The original agreement was that I pay out 128 BTC upon the sale of the 256th ticket, 64 BTC to the winners and 64 BTC to the charity via tenakha. I have not violated this agreement.

2). The original agreement, which you agreed to by sending Bitcoins, does not allow for any refunds. Despite this, I have offered you a refund within 60 days if you want it.

3). I'm making no money from this raffle, yet now I'm wasting my time with you over $60. Somewhat unsurprising that you weren't willing to kick up a fuss when it was $20 or $24. All of a sudden you want to back out of a contract you voluntarily entered into, and I'm the scammer?

4). You asked for a refund to an address other than your withdraw address on the thread, yet you bought tickets on IRC and I have no way to confirm that this user is even you. I will only process refunds to the user's withdraw address, or the address which their Bitcoins were sent from. I'm not going to get into a game of lost Bitcoins with people.

If you want a refund, please post here that you want one. If you want to keep posting meaningless crap, insults and threats in my thread, they will be ignored.

QuantumQrack

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 04:59:39 PM

Sorry, you are a scammer.  But take heart, because you are in good company with many other scammers (who don't think they are scammers and justify their actions by a touting a bunch of bullshit rules) in the community.  This will be my last bitcoin charity unfortunately.  The bitcoin community is too full of dishonest people.  The right thing to do is to give back people's funds in absence of any raffle.  Simply "moving the goalposts" to the next charity raffle doesn't suffice.  This makes me wonder if you are indeed even sending the monies from the charities to the people you say they are going to.  Sorry, but your character is now suspect, and I advise against anybody from participating in any of Luceo's so called charities.  This will be my last post in this thread.
Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 09:27:35 PM

Sorry, you are a scammer.  But take heart, because you are in good company with many other scammers (who don't think they are scammers and justify their actions by a touting a bunch of bullshit rules) in the community.

Sorry, you're talking out of your anus. I haven't scammed anyone, I'm not operating a bank so people will have to deal with a delay if they want a refund. Pro-tip for you: if you want to dump your Bitcoins when they bubble, do not spend them and then ask for them back.

If this bothers you so much, why didn't you read the terms of the thread which you agreed to?

Why do you assume I should have your money on-demand when you also want me to store it 100% backed? Usually you pay for full reserve banking.

This will be my last bitcoin charity unfortunately.  The bitcoin community is too full of dishonest people.  The right thing to do is to give back people's funds in absence of any raffle.

And, if the raffle is cancelled, I will return all funds within sixty days of it not happening. I'm not going to run off with anyone's money, maybe you don't think your reputation is worth $360 or whatever this raffle is currently holding, but mine is worth far more.

Simply "moving the goalposts" to the next charity raffle doesn't suffice. This makes me wonder if you are indeed even sending the monies from the charities to the people you say they are going to.

What are you talking about? This is the only 'charity' raffle I've run on this forum, all of the others have been for-profit raffles as they said in the opening threads. All of the people who won those raffles got paid and confirmed it in those threads.

I don't run Opportunity International, so I can't be held responsible for what they do with any money we send them. You'll have to ask Tenakha for evidence of where the money goes when it's sent.

If you're going to try to assassinate my integrity, please have some evidence.

Sorry, but your character is now suspect, and I advise against anybody from participating in any of Luceo's so called charities.  This will be my last post in this thread.

Good, if you can't and/or don't want to commit to something, please don't participate in it. If $60 means enough to you to go around insulting people and throwing your toys around on the forum, I'm sorry for your struggle. If you want a refund, please let me know, or I'll assume that you don't and that you want to keep your tickets.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: