Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:07:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Charity Raffle: Let's Give The Poor a Working Chance!  (Read 5339 times)
QuantumQrack

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 10:36:50 AM

Here is a PM that Luceo sent me.

"If you want a refund, you will need to post publically on the thread.

Your refund will either go to the address you sent from, or to the payout address indicated, and will be processed within 60 days of you making that post.

Thanks."  -- Luceo

1HzRVho3wrsC3hGBDmmBH8z9JkuVMj2uE1  <--Please send refund to this address.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 02:29:56 PM

Your refund will either go to the address you sent from, or to the payout address indicated, and will be processed within 60 days of you making that post.

Thanks."  -- Luceo

60 days?  Shocked
Are you expecting BTC to drop back below those levels where you sold this poor guys coin?
BTW, what is the BTC loan interest now days? 1% per week?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Luceo (OP)

Activity: 350

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 11:07:24 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2013, 11:21:52 PM by Luceo

Thanks."  -- Luceo

1HzRVho3wrsC3hGBDmmBH8z9JkuVMj2uE1  <--Please send refund to this address.

I have no way to confirm that you are the person who sent the Bitcoins originally. We spoke on IRC and I didn't check if you were idented, or if you were the same person as QuantumQrack on the forum.

Therefore, I can only refund to an address which I can confirm belongs to the original purchaser of the tickets. Please advise if you'd like me to send to the address you sent this transaction from (which that isn't) or to your original payout address (1GGr8xzXSNPkhtv2TJ2ndd9os4nTSXF2zF).

Please advise, and your refund will be made on or before 28th April 2013. By accepting a refund, you give me permission to post the address & transaction ID here confirming that I've refunded your money.

QuantumQrack

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 07:04:04 AM

[Another PM from Luceo]

"Hi,

I can't process a refund to a random address, it will have to either go to the address you send payment from or to the address you originally indicated you wanted winnings to go to.

This is standard practice to ensure that you're the same person who originally paid. Please advise on the thread."

15mqz8YQhWnZcBborfVe4pxWRVzBDwLCpF
QuantumQrack

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 07:10:43 AM

Thanks."  -- Luceo

60 days?  Shocked
Are you expecting BTC to drop back below those levels where you sold this poor guys coin?
BTW, what is the BTC loan interest now days? 1% per week?

In an irc chat earlier, Luceo said he would refund EVERYBODY's btc who participated in the lottery.  I hope I am not the only one he is pursuing this with.  So there is more btc on the line here than just mine.
Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 08:06:53 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2013, 08:23:40 PM by Luceo

If the raffle is cancelled, there will be a full refund issued to every participant (this is probably obvious to most people, not necessarily to you) as per our IRC conversation (I notice that you left that clause out though, aptly). The raffle has not been cancelled, and nobody apart from you has asked for a refund.

If they do, I'll be happy to oblige on the same terms that you're getting (in full, to deposit or payout address, within 60 days). This isn't a free no-risk banking service where you deposit Bitcoin and get them back whenever you want, you're purchasing a service which you knew the risks on at the time of purchase.

If I'd closed the BFL Single SC raffle the first time somebody cried about how long it was taking (and by the way, that raffle had periods of weeks without sales while Bitcoin values flew up -- so will this one), it wouldn't have been a huge success, sold 1,024 tickets and paid out over $1,800 worth of prizes.

With regards to the address, are you being deliberately obtuse or are you not the same person as the QuantumQrack I spoke to on IRC? Your deposit was this transaction. The input address was 1NB4igXt2X85wEbJLF6J51L3WZxXtx8sjs.

Would you like a refund to 1NB4igXt2X85wEbJLF6J51L3WZxXtx8sjs or to 1GGr8xzXSNPkhtv2TJ2ndd9os4nTSXF2zF? If you fail to request a withdrawal to one of these addresses, I'm going to have to assume you're not QuantumQrack (the person who bought the tickets) and ask you to sign any future messages to me with the deposit address (1NB4igXt2X85wEbJLF6J51L3WZxXtx8sjs) to prove their validity.

QuantumQrack

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 09:30:06 PM

This is a warning to all those who are considering doing business with person named Luceo on the Bitcointalk.org forums.  Any charity affiliated with Luceo is suspect as is Luceo's character.  When requesting a refund I have met nothing but resistance, classic scammer attitude.  Make sure you are checking out the people involved in the so called charity and the charity itself.  Make sure there is evidence that the bitcoins you are sending through Luceo and Luceo's affiliated "projects" are going, in fact, to a legitimate charity that you can identify.

Luceo said via IRC that he would refund EVERYBODY's btc, which obviously has not taken place.  One point to remember, when you send your btc, it is effectively gone.  Although my personal amount was small, the aggregate of people's btc can be significant.

I suspect that Luceo's charity is a large scam, with no funds being sent to help anybody at any time.  If the charity had worked as planned, I am sure somebody would have "won"--but again I suspect that they are pocketing the largesse of the btc and not sending it to people whom they say they are sending it to.

My particular payment was immediately sent to an address used by Usagi, therefore I conclude that it is probable he is part of this as well.  Given the nature of tracking btc and tracking which btc belongs to who, it is difficult to provide hard evidence and I don't want to spend the time to do it.

Anyway, you have been warned.  Stay away from any of Luceo's "projects".

Would recommend that all charities use a form of escrow, otherwise, beware.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 09:43:14 PM

This is a warning to all those who are considering doing business with person named Luceo on the Bitcointalk.org forums.  Any charity affiliated with Luceo is suspect as is Luceo's character.  When requesting a refund I have met nothing but resistance, classic scammer attitude.  Make sure you are checking out the people involved in the so called charity and the charity itself.  Make sure there is evidence that the bitcoins you are sending through Luceo and Luceo's affiliated "projects" are going, in fact, to a legitimate charity that you can identify.

Luceo said via IRC that he would refund EVERYBODY's btc, which obviously has not taken place.  One point to remember, when you send your btc, it is effectively gone.  Although my personal amount was small, the aggregate of people's btc can be significant.

All I've seen in this thread is you make wild accusations, obviously be incapable of understanding simple sentences, and otherwise act like a moron. 

For example, you seem incapable of answering whether you'd like the BTC paid out to the actual account you sent it from, as the agreement clearly states, or what.  Are you just too stupid to understand that simple request, or are you not even who you claim to be?

Since you've misunderstood everything said right here in this thread, I have no reason to believe you about some IRC conversation.  I believe he probably said exactly what he said here, which is that he'd refund everyone's BTC if the raffle is closed.

I recommend everyone stay away from you, and all the bullshit that comes out of your mouth.

If anyone is a scammer here, it's you.  I think you're trying to sucker him into refunding money someone else paid.  If not, though, you are truly stupendously stupid.
Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 11:31:30 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2013, 04:02:57 PM by Luceo

(to QuantumQrack) If anyone is a scammer here, it's you.  I think you're trying to sucker him into refunding money someone else paid.  If not, though, you are truly stupendously stupid.

Nail on the head, in my opinion, at first I thought he had just seen the Bitcoin price spike and decided to cash out, but the more he keeps wildly throwing accusations around whilst refusing to accept a refund to an address I know was controlled by the original buyer, the more I'm starting to think that you may be right.

QuantumQrack, please stop disseminating FUD without evidence.

Luceo said via IRC that he would refund EVERYBODY's btc, which obviously has not taken place.  One point to remember, when you send your btc, it is effectively gone.

Fact #1: I have not ever said that I will refund everybody. What I said, and you can verify if you have the log, is that if the raffle is cancelled, everybody will receive a 100% refund. The raffle is not cancelled (as evidenced by the original post), therefore I won't send refunds to people who haven't asked for them.

Although my personal amount was small, the aggregate of people's btc can be significant.

Fact #2: You bought these tickets, presumably, so you read the original post which clearly has no clause by which you can obtain a refund in lieu of a cancellation. Despite this, I have offered you a refund. You have not lost any Bitcoins assuming you're actually the buyer of these tickets, which you can prove by simply proving that you own one of the deposit or payout address.

When requesting a refund I have met nothing but resistance, classic scammer attitude.

Fact #3: Three times, now, you have offered me different addresses to refund you to. None of those addresses are the payout address which you signed up with, or the input address you used to send 2 BTC to me. I'm not going to refund somebody else's money to you, if you've hacked his forum account or just happen to share a name. If you are the real client, you should be happy that I've given you this level of security and am, in fact, looking after your Bitcoins.

I suspect that Luceo's charity is a large scam, with no funds being sent to help anybody at any time.

Fact #4.1: This is the only charity-based thing I've ever done on this forum. All prior raffles have been for-profit endeavors with no funds going to charity. With the last raffle, I sent a proportion of the profits to a developer which is verified with a transaction ID in that thread.

Any charity affiliated with Luceo is suspect as is Luceo's character.

Fact #4.2: I'm not affiliated to Opportunity International, which is a globally known charity dealing with hundreds of millions of dollars a year. I'm just raising money for them because I believe in their mission.

My particular payment was immediately sent to an address used by Usagi, therefore I conclude that it is probable he is part of this as well.

Fact #5: Your payment probably either went to CPA (usagi's company) on behalf of Fennec Internet Services, or was a payment of an escrow I did for usagi and EskimoBob. He has no connection to this raffle. The only operators are tenakha and myself.

If the charity had worked as planned, I am sure somebody would have "won"--but again I suspect that they are pocketing the largesse of the btc and not sending it to people whom they say they are sending it to.

Fact #6: I'm aware that sales suck. That's what happen when the value of Bitcoin triples in three months. All of a sudden instead of trying to raise $3000, I'm trying to raise over $8000. That's not something I chose, that's the nature of Bitcoin. If you want to check prior winners, feel free to, all of the winners were decided by the blockchain and all of the winners posted confirming receipt of their Bitcoin on the thread... unless you're accusing my competitor (a5m0) and the operator of one of the largest pools in history (ozcoin) of conspiring with me...

15mqz8YQhWnZcBborfVe4pxWRVzBDwLCpF

Fact #7: Whilst it is possible that QuantumQrack has lost access to both the deposit & payout addresses (he hasn't indicated that, but it seems that it's his natural next point of argument), I have no way to verify that this is correct and he was aware when he purchased tickets that any payout would go to his indicated payout address (1GGr8xzXSNPkhtv2TJ2ndd9os4nTSXF2zF). I don't think I can refund to anything other than this address or the deposit address, as those are what I was using to verify clients.

If you want a refund, please do the only thing I've asked you to do all along and tell me which of the deposit address (1NB4igXt2X85wEbJLF6J51L3WZxXtx8sjs) or the payout address (1GGr8xzXSNPkhtv2TJ2ndd9os4nTSXF2zF) you'd like me to refund to.

If you're not trying to scam me and the buyer of the tickets, please (instead of posting another wall of text with the same bunch of false accusations) do the following:

1). Indicate which of the two addresses (1NB4igXt2X85wEbJLF6J51L3WZxXtx8sjs or 1GGr8xzXSNPkhtv2TJ2ndd9os4nTSXF2zF) you would like your money sent to, using this template:
'I would like my 2.0 BTC refund to be processed to <address> on or before 28th April 2013.'
2). Sign that message with your Bitcoin client, using the address you've selected to receive the refund to (and no others, I will verify the address).
3). Post the message and signature in this thread.

If you're unwilling to perform this simple set of steps, all of the 'resistance' is at your end, and I will have to assume you're just a scammer trying to make $60 at my expense. Any legitimate client would be pleased that I'm not allowing anyone else to authorize their money being moved on their behalf with no proof that they are the client.

camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2013, 05:01:31 PM

Luceo is one of the rare upstanding people on this Forum. I've engaged him on multiple occasions. If you talk trash about him, you only make a fool of yourself.

I won't be involved in this raffle as the organization in question may do much to help in one way, but causes serious erosion of essential human rights. They give people a hand up only to cut it off their feet. Has nothing to do with Luceo.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 06:56:55 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2013, 07:08:50 PM by Luceo

Thanks for the message of support, it's appreciated.

Note to self: In future, let the community decide the charity. Wink

Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 12:28:27 AM

Exciting update from IRC:

Code:
02:08:00 QuantumQra+| Refund anybody's btc yet Luceo, you piece of shit.
02:08:26      Luceo | QuantumQrack: Are you still on about this? Are you ever going to tell me where you want your refund sent to? Assuming you're actually the person
                    | who made the purchase?

And then he went quiet again, I'm definitely starting to think he's just a scammer.

Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 10:19:40 PM

If we reach 7 days (March 8th) without a response from QuantumQrack confirming a refund address, and ownership of that address, I'll assume he's just trying to steal the buyer's tickets and will cancel the refund and reallocate the tickets to the original buyer with the original payout address.

QuantumQrack

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 04:47:17 PM

I would like my 2.0 BTC refund to be processed to 1GGr8xzXSNPkhtv2TJ2ndd9os4nTSXF2zF on or before 28th April 2013.

GxrpjlBJiGzAkrFAnRF+XbQP74t9B2hwcbc9hvh4G3jc08iY2wIZfXBvuNfPmcclRC3Ze/d32gbF3a3LnHyd2aA=
Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 09:43:13 PM

QuantumQrack,

I've verified your mesage signature as valid.

Confirming your refund will be sent to 1GGr8xzXSNPkhtv2TJ2ndd9os4nTSXF2zF on or before 28th April 2013.

Thanks for verifying ownership, will update the OP now.

darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2013, 10:05:09 PM

I would like my 2.0 BTC refund to be processed to 1GGr8xzXSNPkhtv2TJ2ndd9os4nTSXF2zF on or before 28th April 2013.

What was so hard about doing this instead of being a giant douche?
QuantumQrack

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:44:16 AM

Nothing has changed shit for brains.  Luceo is still a liar, I still don't have my bitcoins.  I have the log where he said he would refund everybody.  *Facepalm*  One of the Achilles heels of Bitcoin is no shortage stupid fuckers like yourself.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 04:51:07 AM

Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 09:50:40 AM

Nothing has changed shit for brains.  Luceo is still a liar, I still don't have my bitcoins.  I have the log where he said he would refund everybody.  *Facepalm*  One of the Achilles heels of Bitcoin is no shortage stupid fuckers like yourself.

I know I sleep deeply but I don't think it's 28th April yet.
As I didn't say anything of the sort, you're welcome to post all the doctored logs you'd like, but they won't mean anything.
Irony.

darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 01:01:07 PM

Nothing has changed shit for brains.

That's true.  You still have shit for brains.  Nothing has changed there.

I hope he makes you wait to the last possible minute, you fucking douche.  Seriously, GTFO.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: