Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:57:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should BFL get a scammer tag?  (Read 6689 times)
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 11:35:31 PM

1) Highly experienced in their industry in general is what I would take that to mean.  I would assume they mean that they have engineers onboard who have designed ASICs for other projects before.  Obviously, they hadn't designed an ASIC for Bitcoin mining before.  No one had.
2) They've probably developed ASICs before, which are most certainly microprocessors.
3) You have no proof of them lying about this.
4) Ok, I agree, a lie, or at the very least, a half-truth.  They should have clarified this by stating "procuring and installing high-speed equipment".  However, I still put this statement in a much different pool than I would put them in if they said the same thing and they weren't actually buying any equipment to install.
5) You have no proof of them lying about this.

See how you have to bend over backwards to believe their claims. They're the one making claims that no one can verify.

And no, I wouldn't believe you, because you haven't given me good reason to believe you.  However, if you began to post verifiable indicators of your vast store of wealth, such as photos of you driving your Ferrari and pictures of your Bitcoin miners inside your mansion, I might believe you.

How did you know I just bought a Ferrari? I'm installing it in my garage right now.

https://i.imgur.com/dIlxd.jpg

creativex has another opportunity for me, so things are looking very bright for my retirement.

Buy & Hold

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 11:43:06 PM

Sure thing buddy! Just lemme get these clock buffers installed. Things will be right as rain!

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 11:53:39 PM

How did you know I just bought a Ferrari? I'm installing it in my garage right now.

How many MHash does that thing provide?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 12:13:45 AM

1) Highly experienced in their industry in general is what I would take that to mean.  I would assume they mean that they have engineers onboard who have designed ASICs for other projects before.  Obviously, they hadn't designed an ASIC for Bitcoin mining before.  No one had.
2) They've probably developed ASICs before, which are most certainly microprocessors.
4) Ok, I agree, a lie, or at the very least, a half-truth.  They should have clarified this by stating "procuring and installing high-speed equipment".  However, I still put this statement in a much different pool than I would put them in if they said the same thing and they weren't actually buying any equipment to install.

See how you have to bend over backwards to believe their claims. They're the one making claims that no one can verify.

And no, I wouldn't believe you, because you haven't given me good reason to believe you.  However, if you began to post verifiable indicators of your vast store of wealth, such as photos of you driving your Ferrari and pictures of your Bitcoin miners inside your mansion, I might believe you.

creativex has another opportunity for me, so things are looking very bright for my retirement.
Right.  They have chosen not to allow some of their claims to be verified.  That is NOT the same as lying.  Again, I believe them because they have given me no reason not to believe them.  If they had a history of lying, then I wouldn't believe them.  Thus far, they have had a history of bad estimates and poor wording, but no broken promises or outright lies.  Because of their history, I expect their estimates to be off and I request clarification on anything important that isn't cut-and-dry, but I don't expect them to lie.

When you post a picture of you driving it (as well as some image verifying that the driver is actually you, perhaps by holding up a sign of your bitcointalk username), then I might start believing you.  Wink
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 02:10:45 AM

If they had a history of lying, then I wouldn't believe them.

How many times do they need to break a promise before it is considered to be lying? Hundreds of customers over many months were promised products "in 6-8 weeks", and none of them got it when promised. They have a clear history of distorting and stretching the truth. To me that indicates a strong likelyhood that anything not verifiable is likely a lie from them.

Shipping of new units is still anticipated to being late November or early December.

Think they still might make that "late November" date? Since they don't specify the year, I guess they mean 2013 so they're not lying, right?

Buy & Hold
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 03:45:08 AM

When is the Jalapeno getting FCC approval?

Maybe two weeks? We are waiting for the test lab to issue the test report.

It has now been more than a month. Who is the test lab? What was the result?

Buy & Hold
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:37:33 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2012, 06:52:53 AM by PuertoLibre

When is the Jalapeno getting FCC approval?

Maybe two weeks? We are waiting for the test lab to issue the test report.

It has now been more than a month. Who is the test lab? What was the result?
<Face Palm>, I didn't realize this until just now.

But in the response, the statement of two weeks is actually posed as a question rather than a statement....

Lets hope for the best.

Visit the following thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128840.msg1381541#msg1381541
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 09:30:49 AM

Right.  They have chosen not to allow some of their claims to be verified.  That is NOT the same as lying.  Again, I believe them because they have given me no reason not to believe them.  If they had a history of lying, then I wouldn't believe them.  Thus far, they have had a history of bad estimates and poor wording, but no broken promises or outright lies.  Because of their history, I expect their estimates to be off and I request clarification on anything important that isn't cut-and-dry, but I don't expect them to lie.

When you post a picture of you driving it (as well as some image verifying that the driver is actually you, perhaps by holding up a sign of your bitcointalk username), then I might start believing you.  Wink

This is called cherry picking, and it usually means they are hiding shitloads.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 05:53:32 PM

This is called cherry picking, and it usually means they are hiding shitloads.
I can agree to that possibility.  It still doesn't equate to lying, and I still give them the benefit of the doubt.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 05:57:43 PM

I can agree to that possibility.  It still doesn't equate to lying, and I still give them the benefit of the doubt.

When does that benefit get retracted? These folks are dishonest. BFL reps are still peddling the prospect of late December shipping to customers, that's just flat out lying given what we know about the state of their assembly process.

firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 11:22:02 PM

If they had a history of lying, then I wouldn't believe them.

How many times do they need to break a promise before it is considered to be lying? Hundreds of customers over many months were promised products "in 6-8 weeks", and none of them got it when promised. They have a clear history of distorting and stretching the truth. To me that indicates a strong likelyhood that anything not verifiable is likely a lie from them.

Shipping of new units is still anticipated to being late November or early December.

Think they still might make that "late November" date? Since they don't specify the year, I guess they mean 2013 so they're not lying, right?

It's interesting that when I purchased my fpga equipment from them I was expecting 6 - 8 weeks and got them in under a month.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 12:12:32 AM

When does that benefit get retracted? These folks are dishonest. BFL reps are still peddling the prospect of late December shipping to customers, that's just flat out lying given what we know about the state of their assembly process.

Well,I understand how hard it is to make something noone else has ever made before.

So,I'm not giving up on BFL......or anyone else for that matter,bASIC,Avalon,etc....  Wink

These devices will come when they come  Tongue

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 01:46:54 AM

come on guys, why wouldnt you trust a cunt convicted con man like Sonny ?
Anyone one that gouges senior citizens out of 22 Million USD then has the balls to say they made a bad investment after serving his sentence is obviously trustworthy.
And if your not going to trust a company chaired by a ex con who only stepped aside as CEO when his past was revealed then why not trust the man child Inaba, he is just waiting to type up an agnsty 3.5 pages of teeth gnashing & insults.

BFL lost the good will required for the benefit of the doubt a long time ago, see asshat inaba's post history for justification.
You are dealing with a convicted felon, an immature ego maniac and a company that has record for dishonestly only matched by Pirate's Ponzi.

tacotime (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 02:35:24 AM

another gem from inaba

Quote from: Inaba
Hypocrisy comes with pathological behavior, Mesarah.  It's often the only way a pathological liar can reconcile their behavior and/or words in the face of incontrovertible evidence to the contrary.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 04:03:35 AM

another gem from inaba

Quote from: Inaba
Hypocrisy comes with pathological behavior, Mesarah.  It's often the only way a pathological liar can reconcile their behavior and/or words in the face of incontrovertible evidence to the contrary.

That quote is well written. Sounds like it comes from experience.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: